(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Hi All

I have jus found out abt my preggy last week, GP says I am 5weeks. EDD 23/2/09. Hubby is so excited that he couldnt sleep. I have also gone for my 1st gynae check last friday. I was recommanded to see Dr Adrian in Sengkang. I didnt do much research on as I stay SK area & Dr Adrian's charges are not high, compared to what I have heard so far. Anybody here seeing him too? See that the majority of MTBs here are experiencing MS .. am getting worried for myself as I dun feel it at all, only the occasional cramps, which seems to be getting lesser .. my next appt is 4/7, wat should I be expecting for the next scan? During my 1st scan, Doc say he cant see anything, jus tat the womb area is thickening, & he didnt ask me to go for urine test, so does it mean to say that my pregnancy is still confirm? So far, I have done the HCG test twice, once on our own, 2nd by my GP. Have been praying with my hubby for a healthy & beautiful baby, leaving it all to God, since I know there is very little I can do, but to stay positive & eat healthy.

hi mamafio, congrats to u. it might be too early too see anything at 5wks but u shld be able to see the gestational sac n the yolk in ur next scan. if its 6 wks, u shld be able to see the heartbeat too. or hcg levels rises every 2 days so u shld be feeling more MS in the next few wks. gd luck.

just an update for the rest, ive been obeying my gynae's instructions to stay in bed n my spotting has stopped. its a relieve!! im also getting more MS now that my appetite has decreased but im happy, it means my pregnancy is stabilising. but i have to see what the nxt scan shows, which is next wk. time seems to pass so slowly. how is everyone getting along?

Hi all,
Actually, besides being really tired and wanting to sleep at about 9plus, I'm feeling alright.
Touch Wood, havent had the MS yet. I do feel bloated, want to burp more than usual and slight tightening. That's all. I hope this will be an easy pregnancy.
happy.gif

I read a book last night, handed down from my SIL. It says to snack on more dried fruits e.g. apricots, raisins and more nuts are good too. These help to curb the puking and fill your tummy with better nutrients. But try to avoid peanuts as this may cause allergy in your baby when he/she grows up.

By the way, has anyone taken MC yet? How do you do that? Do you get it from your gynae or just go to a normal GP? My friend can just call up her gynae and tell them she feels sick and they will mail her MC to her! Good righT? ha ha

Funne: Yeah good right? Just call and can get MC. I'm going for my 2nd appt tomorrow. As per Tofu's advice, I wrote some questions and listed some of the stuff that I hear we should eat or we shouldnt eat. I want to get confirmation from my gynae on those food.

There are days that I just dont feel like going to work. The min i get to office, I feel depressed. Gosh..
sad.gif
So i must know how to get MC from my gynae. My office colleagues are giving me alot of mood swings. I definitely dont want them to affect my mood and then affect my little beannie.

Peachmomo,

I had asked for 2 days MC, was down with flu & cough haiz so afraid that it will affect my BB as i am only 5wk + preg.
Will schedule a gyane visit this Sat for a scan to ensure BB is growing well or maybe can see hearbeat liao.

Have to pray hard for a smooth 9mth pregnancy.

Gynae MC:

Aiyer, how come other ppl's gynae so nice? My gynae doesn't believe in giving MC one. *sigh* So sad... But i really like her leh.

Peach
I'm glad you find my advice useful.
happy.gif

Hi, I just got confirmation from my GP that I'm preggie... not sure the exact EDD as I have not seen a gynae.. been feeling really tired nowadays and all i wana do is jus slp and slp.. And not much appetite.. never felt so miserable
sad.gif

Hi,
peachmomo, yap thers 2 kinds but i bot the 1 just add in hot water and milk sweetener(optional) will do..
today very blur.. gana say i blur blur.. MS symptom geting worse.. congrats yup yup.. Any gals encounter dry skin? dunno y my skin esp hands and arms very dry.. strech abit feel pain..

Hi peggy
My forehead skin, seems dry, b4 preggy, my face condition was considered the ok type, hope it will not get worst. But now, the biggest concern is having a healthy baby lah ... no choice if I have to endure the dry skin. :-D
Anybody started drinkin those milk powder meant for mums? quite a few to choose, am abit confuse which to choose.

Hi mamafio,
my mouth oso gana.. but like what you say..as long bb healthy, we suffer abit nbr mind.. i was given anmum milk powder..hvnt started yet...

Hi Mummies,

I was sick down with flu & cough, after had my medicine around 4pm & 6pm while i was wiping clean i had saw some staining.

I am so worried, any mummies here having spotting?

Beside bed rest what else can i do? As i had a MC history, i am very worried.

hi kiki, i had spotting last wk. i smsed my gyane n she asked me to see her immediately. she did a scan to see if there was bleeding. she ordered complete bedrest n duphastan 3 times a day. is it possible for u to see ur gyane soon? if not, i think u should really stay in bed first.

Hey gals, put our info in a table for easy reference! Let me know if I missed out any information..

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Baby's Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Samval</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Caroline Khi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Sandy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>04-06 Feb 2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Roxanne</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Phyllis Liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>5-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Baobao</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>9-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>PeachMomo</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>10-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>2boys_mum</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>12-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Saro</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Tham Kok Fun</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>14-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>lilwizlet</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>14-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>pinksunnysummer</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>14-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Ppbbxhz</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Mid Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Candy Cruz</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>16-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Babythad</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>18-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lili</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>22-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi kiki,

I'm having spotting too.. saw gynea on friday and am taking duphaston.. but the spotting dint stop.

Today, i went back to her clinic and she gave me a jab. asked me to rest at home for 1 week and see her again next monday.

maybe u want to call your gynea and ask for her advise?

Hi Sandy, can check with you, how long did your spotting last? mine was like on and off since last thursday and it's only when after urinating, i cleaned myself and found strained of blood together with the discharge.

how did you do complete bedrest? only wake up for bath, meals and toilet? the rest of the time need to confine to the bed?

sorry for asking so many questions.. but just dunno to what extend should i rest..

hi Babythad,

my spotting started last tues actually but it was just brown stain within the yellow discharge. the amount increased till thurs when my discharge was totally brown. fri morning when i clean after urinating, it was still brown. i went to see gyane n started confinement in bed abt 12pm fri. my spotting continued but decreasing till it disappeared on sat evening. i only get up from bed for shower, toileting and i ate on the bed. i only started walking to the living rm when my spotting stopped but still, if i can take boredom, i will stay in bed as much as i can. my gyane advised me to stay in bed for 2 wks so i will listen, for the sake of my bb. i also drank lots of water n honey. hope u r doing fine.. do keep us updated.

hi tofu,

hehe... wil tnk postively all the way of my pregnancy.. we all jiayou.
My ist appt w gynae is 14jul, only by then, then noe my baby EDD.
happy.gif

Roxanne (whiteloverz)
hihi
pls remove me from the table... haha... my EDD is 26jan. see ya gals...
jai you!!

Dear MTBs,

Thanks Roxanne for the updated table
happy.gif

Just like to fill out the details

My EDD change to >> 11th Feb 2009 for the moment,
Zone>> Queenstown
Baby >>#1
Hospital >> shd be GlenEagles

As for eating habits, i also have weird tastebuds as well as naseating feeling....

For the past 2 days, i usually feel nauseous late afternoon about after 5pm... all the way until i eat something... I try to puke but nothing comes out but the feeling is not good... I feel lethargic too... until i cannot tahan then i will go n see GP to get MC to rest n rot at home....

Hi mummies

Can I join you gals? i'm expecting my 2nd child, 7weeks, EDD 6 Feb 2009. i'm seeing Dr Yeap Min Li at KKH. for the past weeks, i'm feeling terrible with the morning sickness, headache, bloating, nausea, aching.... feel worse when i'm at work. keke...

nice meeting you gals here

Hi Mudpie, welcome aboard! Hee..

I'm going to visit my gynae this afternoon. I wrote down some stuff to ask him. But I still have this nagging feeling that I am missing out some things.

Me and my big mouth. I said I'm feeling ok without MS right? This morning i felt nausea already. Yesterday I couldnt take the tiredness, I went home to rest. Need to find out how to take MC.

Roxanne, pls update. This is my #1 baby. My doc is Dr TC Chang at Thomson Medical. Thank you!

Thx PeachMoMo

i always forgot what i want to ask so it's definitely a good idea to write down. i can even forgot to ask for MC. keke. memory fading...

every nite i reach home, i'll go straight to the sofa &amp; nap before i can do anything else. hee...

mudpie: our edd quite close! mine i think is 7 feb.
tbc again with my gynae next wk.
hopefully bb's heartbeat is faster and stronger also.

hi all,

i m feeling very discomfort. very bloated (don't feel like drinking water due to that), giddy, felt like vomiting, no appetite. will feel hungry easily. also tends to get very emotional.
anyway to help ease these discomfort?

i m also taking duphaston due to spotting 2 weeks ago. Yday, i went to my gynae, my baby is 2mm at week 6. Doc ask me to go back for scan 2 weeks later, he say baby shld grow abt 1mm/day.

Hi Mummies,

Mine was brown stain within the yellow discharge, felt more relieved the stain has stopped.

Have you all announced your pregnancy to your family, friends, boss &amp; colleague? Also taking so many days MC for bed rest, how you deal with your work boss so understanding err?

Haiz tomorrow will be going back to work
sad.gif

Babyox, you must try to drink more fluids though. Cos without appetite means you cant eat and means your baby dont have the nutrients. Try to drink Ribena. At least there's fluids and vitamins.

Or sip on hot honey lemon tea? I think that will help to reduce the bloated feeling.

I feel very bloated too. But just try to drink more stuff like milk, water, ribena and lemonade.

hi kiki,

glad to hear that your spotting has stopped.

i told my friends and family about the pregnancy. i think its a good idea to let your boss know...hopefully the company will be understanding when it comes to taking MC.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Baby's Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Samval</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Caroline Khi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Sandy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>04-06 Feb 2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Roxanne</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Phyllis Liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>5-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Mudpie_cp</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Yeap Min Li</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>6-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Funne</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>7-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Baobao</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>9-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>PeachMomo</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>10-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Saro</TD><TD>Queenstown</TD><TD>Tham Kok Fun</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>11-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>lilwizlet</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>14-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>pinksunnysummer</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>14-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Ppbbxhz</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Mid Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Candy Cruz</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>16-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Babythad</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>18-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Lili</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>22-Feb-09 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

2boys_mum (2boys_mum), done.
happy.gif

Welcome mudpie!!!

My nauseousness stopped and I am not feeling so tired anymore. This is only my 7th week, I am quite worried leh. Will visit gynae this week to see how. Hope everything is fine.

Hi Mamafio,

i am seeing Dr Adrain in sk too. He had helped to deliver my 1st child...and i feel very comfortabel with him although he dun talked much. I went to see him while i am 4 wks+. He could not see anything too except for thickening of womb. As i had an ectopic pregnancy before, he is quite concern abt not seeing the sac. Therefore he asked to see me this coming friday again and he had instructed me to take care of myself as i am in china now. He keep saying must rest and eat well... Think by this friday, i should be 5 weeks +.

Morning Mtbs,

Yesterday not much nausea ... yippees... however, i feel very bloated after meals and feel more bloated an hour later... anyone experiencing this ? My tummy sticks out now due to this bloatedness.... haiz....

I am also 7w liao ! 5 more to go before end of 1st Trim, lets jia you !! n 2 days more to the weekend... heee

hi,

can you pls update my info (
Mummy - mibebe (Candy)
Zone - Simei
Gynae - Esther Ng
Baby # - 1
EDD - Feb 21, 2009

my boobies feel very tender, even feel pain when getting up in the morning. also, feeling a bit of pain in my rib cage just below my boobie =(

hello mummies! im a happy mummy cause i finally see my little black dot!! hehe.. is only at 2mm &amp; im in 5weeks + now.. i m going for another scan next tue..hopefully i will be able to see heartbeat then..

im having nausea nowadays.. is it common to have MS at 5 weeks? no giddy yet ( touch wood!) but feeling bloated as well..

Hi mibebe,

I stay in Simei too and this is my Baby #1 as well. Where is yr gynae Esther Ng located?

I go and see Sidek Clinic for Women at East Point
and my EDD is 12 Feb during my last visit.

hi chrisse26,

dr. esther ng is in tanjong katong road (in front of the canadian international school). i saw the sidek clinic in eastpoint as well, but i'm not comfi with a guy for gyne...hehe! dr. estehr is very good and she's very nice to talk to...you can try her if you want.

hi roxanne

can add me as well...
Mummy - Peggy
Zone - Bukit Purmei
Gynae - Dr Lim W Y (Mt A)
Baby # - 1
EDD - Feb 11, 2009

Hi mummies,

MS getting bad, can't concentrate on work felt like something stuck in my throat keep wanting to vomit.
Ayio then hor office colleague eat the Wang Wang rice craker the smell of it makes me want to puke.

I am only in my 5wk +5days still got long way to go b4 i reach 2nd tri.

Felt so sick.

Hi All,

I went for my check up this morning and am about 6+ weeks now. Could see the heartbeat today and am so happy. My last preg(which ended in m/c), couldn't see heartbeat =( so this is really a relief.

Had a teeny weeny bit of brownish traces in my discharge last night and doctor told me to take mc the next few days to rest.

Take care mummies-2-be.

Hi all,
quick update! I went to see my gynae yesterday. Can see the fast heartbeat of my baby! however the picture of the ultrascan is not too clear. Cant really see the baby but i can see the gas(dunno howto spell) sac.

And I asked my doc about the MC. He says to get it from my GP since its a company doc. Chey..tot he can mail the mc to me just like my friend's gynae. Very matter of fact doc. Sigh...

Hello mummies mummies...
So happy! Managed to see my little bean's heartbeats yesterday.. Such a relieved. Finally 7 wks liao. The next scan will be 3 wks later.

I'm seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth. He delivered my 1st one, and he's stitching skills quite good, so this time round going back to him. Paid the package fee for no. 2 already hehehee.. So exciting!

Everybody jia you orh..!
happy.gif

Hi Lilwizlet,

I thought package can only sign up when u are 12wks onwards? B4 12wks every visit need to pay cash.

I stay in SK, am seeing Dr Michele Lee from TMC @ AMK Hub any mummies seeing her too? I did not choose Dr Adrian W bec his SK clinic tage along with the GP always so crowded and his consultation very fast but got mummies say his stitching very good.
Any feedback on Dr Lee, her stitiching good? I went to Dr Lee the first time her charges same as Dr Adrian packaged only $550 and the clinic is roomy &amp; cosy &amp; waiting time not so long
happy.gif

Hi Kiki_koro,

u mean the antenatal package for both Dr. Lee &amp; Dr. Adrian is $550?? how abt delivery??

Any comment on Dr. Ching Kwok Choy from Mt Alvernia??

Congrats to Gerrydin &amp; MoMO,

Can see heart beat its a real relieve, did u tear with joy?

My next visit this Friday exactly 6wk, not sure can see heart beat or not.

Hi Baobao,

Ya, normal delivery is like $200. Alamak cannot really remember but charges ard Dr Adrian price.

Maybe u can call up to check, 6752 8500. Also she only has 1 clinic, so the opening hrs quite flexi
Mon to Fri
9am to 1pm
2.30pm to 5pm
Sat: 9am to 1.30pm
Nite clinic: Mon, Tue, Friday
6.30pm to 8.30pm

Another plus point is the foodcourt beside the clinc got alot of nice yummy food. Aiyo i so greedy.

Hey Kiki, haha no i didnt tear la. I was like "huh? Heartbeat ah? so cute hor" haha just like that. It was quite a fast scan. My doc just oh congrats its confirmed that you are having a baby. ai yo.. of cos confirmed la! ha ha ha

I paid for my package too yesterday. $800 is my package. Forgot the charges of delivery etc. My doc (according to my hubby) is not the cheapest but definitely not the most expensive doc la.
Anyone interested can check out his web. http://doctor-chang.net/home2.asp His clientele 50% are foreigners.

Hi Hi,

wah, that's quite cheap. total only less than 1k. i made few enquiries, they quoted me 1.5-2k for both antenatal and delivery. cheapest i get is 1.5k.

Hi PeachMoMo,
Yes, i thought the market price for antenatal is about 800 +/-, plus the delivery charges should be 1.5-2k, m quite surprised to learn that Dr. Adrian and Dr. Michele Lee's charges is so reasonable...

Back