(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

olively: dun worry u will be fine, so coincidentally i had a fibroid too but i didnt know until i had my baby, i suppose to go natural but bb too big so in the end i c-sect n my gynae saw a fibroid and removed it during the c-sect... blessing in disguise ? anyway, the fibroid was abt slightly over 5cm so my gynae said if i didnt remove it during that time i would have to go for separate surgery too... So how big is your fibriod ? Dun worry too much
happy.gif

Joannelim, the munchkin grinder good to use ? i think i need to get 1 too but i wont be using that much cos MIL has 1 too.. hmm, if munchkin easy to use, maybe i just get the munchkin

Baby faking cough/screaming
---------------------------
My boy has been faking cough too !! Wonder y he does that.. its kinda funny... then today he learnt to scream... like a gal ! :s faintz... scold him and ask him to stop doing it but like so cute at the same time... ahahaha....

Eczema on baby
--------------
My fren was telling me some hearsay that mommies who take chilli during preggy , baby will get eczema, im not sure true it is though....

Looking forward to next week gym ! Yeah !!!! Who's going ah ?? Meet there at 4pm ? Hb can go right ?
happy.gif

bb's having high fever. it was as high as 39.5
seen PD, sponge him, give him fever medicine, etc.

i'm here, cos i need to pump in case later need to chong to KKH or what.
sad sad.

mummyo: take care too! glad that u are not carrying bb at that point.

Hi Saro

My frenz was telling me eat seafood then bb will get eczema. haizz. cos toxic. So maybe cos i ate seafood and chilli lor. perhaps for next preggy, i must be a good ger by not eating harmful stuff.

Teeth>
Any bb got teeth? Bb Sarah got 2 teeth..keke..so cute. I wonder whether the 2 teetch below will hurt the top gum. interesting hor. keke..

GraceChua>
fever cos injection? aiyo..be careful...hope he get well soon...

mummyo:
oh dear,hope speedy recovery. Take care Ya,feel free to ask for help
happy.gif

Grace :
wat happen? How come high fever?

saro:
is it?! Ha i take chilli le no wonder my gal gt eczema..

AG;
cant find the ball at toy rus le..

Grace..

its common for baby to have fever.. continue to sponge him. even if u go KKH, they will still ask u to sponge him while waiting or warded. fyi, KKH provide medela electri pump & they store the milk in freezer or chiller, as per ur request. u just need to bring ur own bottles & teats. i know abt this cos when Breana was warded in KKH, i got everything from pump to bottles there on loan.. FOC.

dun worry abt pumping now, keep sponging & monitor his fever. mayb teething soon, tats y got fever.

hello grace... keep sponging n put cooling pad on bb forehead n bk..monitor temp... bb loell got high fever thurs night rush kkh...hate tat place so crowded... the next day bb fever subside n heavy diarreoa then 2 white thing come out lower gum teething... make us so scare...

Grace,
Hope your bb get well soon!!

Snow,
Was the visit to the PD fruitful, did he offer advice on how to make bb sleep thru the night? Hope all goes well and you can get ample rest!!n
happy.gif

mummyo
take care n hope u get well soon....

happy
the PD said is a pattern that some bbies will go through...as long as he's still growing fine...it's all right....

sorry, for the spiffies tooth wipe, so just use it to clean mouth, no need to clean again with another cloth or something since the wipe is sweetened? Is my understanding correct? kancheong cos found something white in my gal's gum!

hi mommies,

i bought a new toy for Naomi today..Baby Einstein discover and play activity center...the kids these days are so fortunate..i dont remember having that many toys :p

munchkin food grinder:

i got this food grinder as a gift during Naomi's Christening..haven tried using it though cos i have not official started her on solids other than cereals..and i usually make my adult purees with the blender..i will try it this friday when shes 24 weeks old and give feedback
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

Have 2 tickets to the Sing Dollar Musical this coming Friday that I am now unable to attend cos of my accident. Any of you mummies interested? Figured will get some money back since my medical bills are growing with this mishap.

Have tried to get Esplanade to let me access the wheelchair area but they are very inflexible and insist on me upgrading my ticket to the most expensive category so I won't be attending. Below are the details. I've posted in WTS thread as well so please help me ask around. Thank you so much.

July 24th Friday night 8pm

1st row Cat 4 tickets AA seats. Original price is $41 each. Selling at $70 now for the pair.

Free registered mail or delivery.

LemonT : Once again, u r the lucky one leh, the only one that eat chilli but no eczema !!! keke Bre is a lucky baby n u are a lucky mommy !!!!!

mummyo:
hope u feel better soon & do take care of urself! yah, let us noe if we can be of any help...

grace:
u must have been worried... hope ur boy is well now!

hello double j7, the white think is it @ lower gum think like tooth my gal just got it fri...its teething... as for the wipes we use it to clean her tongue too..to remove the white stain.. very gd..
huh...then w can we find the blinder? i went tom & stef also dun have...

btw mummies just went library: get a baby journal goodies bag from counter quite nice comes with journal , gowth chart n a cd too...

peach momo we new member cant post in wts can only do in wtb section ... u start new thread in there sure got people buy n pm you.. ;)

gerly
if u post things to sell in wtb, u surely get banned if the moderator found out. trust me, alot got banned already.

tat grinder i show u is sold in either john little or robinson. u can find them there. i tried kiddy palace, i think either out of stock or they not selling

doublej7
not sure which department u went to, but it can be found in centrepoint robinson. forgot which story.. got both hand blender n blender itself.

saro
i didnt buy leh. tempted to buy but my mum got me a hand blender already.. so delay in buying until i am bringing him out more often. i find it good cos can bring anywhere to grind food. so if go to my mum house also can just get an apple n grind his food there.. its highly recommended by quite a number of blog i read.

doublej7
if u found a white dot in your baby's gum, dont be so worry. it could be a milk cyst.. tats what my pd said. she said it will drop by itself. my boy got it twice.. dropped once already now back again.

doublej7:
woh I see! guessed wat? I have mixed up the 24th and 26th slot!! hahahahah!! no wonder lah. Duno why these days I'm so blur! must be due to lack of sleep ...
Avent Teat: my bb still rejected #3. So still on #2 lor
happy.gif

Olively
All the best for your operation!

joannelim:
woah tat is tough to keep waking up! Hope tonite ur boy will resume his normal nite routine!
And many THANKSSSS for that detailed explaination!! I also copied it down so that I know how to prepare the puree!! :p

gracechua:
how's bb now? hope tat he's doing well already!

mummyo
wah kao ... that is sure a very nasty fall! hope tat by the time u read this message, you have already found a temporary workaround solution. Let me know if u need any help ok? Take care n hope u get well soon.... !

DJMama:
no harm planning ahead mah! who knows? the harry potter exclusive screening idea for Feb09 mummies and families might just come true in 2 years time!
happy.gif

iceblue:
now I am feeding bb with 2 teaspoon (with mountain) with abt 30ml of BM. Then follow by 90ml of BM. then 4hrs later she will wan her next makan as usual. Does cereal really helps in prolong their hunger??!! aiyo!

gracie_gal:
u fell from the sky!!!??? Cooollll!!! How did that happened??
happy.gif

lonerunner: ttts nice ur gal can finish 2 teaspoon liao. mine gt no patience wait me feed.
btw tt day brg gal for jab.GP say tt 1-2 teaspoon doesn count. so i guess he meant stil nd usual feed

Hi Joanne Lim, pls dun feel bad, I am of course not angry with u for your kind advice! I started reading Archived June 28 as that was where I left out and saw ur post.

Since I started work, it was crazy having to juggle work and time with my boy, so I hardly surf the net and come in, so I din post anymore. Pls dun feel bad, but u all mummies are always in my mind!
happy.gif

Just a quick update:
My boy took 6-in-1 jab at 5mth 10 days on 13th July, wt was 9.7kg, ht 70cm. PD says he needs to slow down his growth as he is severely overwt! But when he came home after the jab, he has been crying for milk more often and he can drink more, so my hb says just let him drink, no choice, cannot be starving him right? My PD says better to start solid only at 6mths, so I am still waiting for 2 more weeks. Already bought the Heinz organic and normal rice cereals, can I add ebm to these? Not too sure how much to give and the interval to give leh. Any advice, Jaonne or any mummies?

So far, my MIL din give anymore other food and my boy poos more often and regularly now, sometimes 2 or even 3 times a day.

I hardly have time for him, will go out about 6am, come back around 5pm or even later on certain days, so tired after work, so just pump, bathe, eat dinner, play a little while with him, then put him to sleep, continue to work, then dozes at 11 plus.

Have to zzz 1st, chat again! All the best to everyone on trying solids for ur little ones and pls remember me! I will try to come in as often as I can!
happy.gif

happy,

i only started Naomi on cereals last thurs..so i am only giving her once a day, 1.5 tablespoon (not sure how many teaspoons is that) mix with 40ml-50ml of ebm..im gradually reducing the amount of ebm to the cereal to increase the thickness of the consistency. after the cereal, i latch on or if there is leftover ebm, i spoon feed her. if latch on, i just wait for her to unlatch herself. gonna remain as 1 feed per day until 1 week later (2 weeks since start of solids) to up to 2 feeds per day. but after this friday, one at a time, i will let her start taking squash, sweet potatoes and banana.

hi liting,

glad that you still take time out to read and post. do the cereals that you buy contain formula milk? if yes, then just add water will do. if not, can add formula milk. first few feeds must be thin so that the transition is easier and baby will not get choked. for first 2 weeks, only feed semi solids once a day and this semi solid feed shld not replace your baby's one meal ..i.e. feed solid but still top with milk. u can read the instructions on ur cereal packaging..usually they will recommend how much cereal to add for baby's first feed. maybe mommies using heinz can advise? anyways, if baby finishes the recommended amount for first few feeds but still hungry, offer milk ok,..dont add more cereal...2 weeks later then up daily feeds to 2X a day. i saw that u bought a few kinds of rice cereals..might be better if u feed one kind/brand of rice cereal for a few days before switching to the next..just to make sure ur boy doesnt get any allergies
happy.gif
cos some rice cereal does contain soy or gluten that are not stated on the packaging...

hi mummies,

thanks all for the concerns and wishes.
happy.gif

afternoon still get bb to KKH cos after giving medication and sponge his temp still high and going up, so we think aiyah, just go and see how lah.

lemont: as u have expected! nothing more we can do, cos bb is small. so continue with the medication PD gives and continue to sponge him.
thanks for the info on the pump thing!

doc says it is due to virus, so bb's back and still constantly having fever, going up and down. so busying with sponge, feed mecidine, feed milk. luckily he is still drinking his milk fine and still smiling at us etc. just that more cranky, a bit only cannot.

think i also got the virus from bb, also having slight fever and tired. so told hb i cannot make it liao, go z from 8pm till 12am, until bo bian have to wake up and pump. if not, will continue to z.

yawn... finished with pumping liao, back to my dinner then z. :p

olively:
wa.. u going to remove ur fibroids?! brave. i v v scared. my menses was terrible tis mth. took MC and the GP say my womb is like 6wks pregnant big. haiz... v scared.. i think i also need to remove, but im really scared to go for the op. but then my menses is giving me prob. I got alot of fibriods. also discovered only during pregnancy. I scared i need to remove the whole uterus, cos there's too many and i may bleed excessively if take out 1 by 1. But then I also bleeding quite heavily for menses now. arrgh... sometimes i think too negatively, i will wonder if i got a chance to see my son grow up... :p

All goes well for ur op. And do rest well.
happy.gif

Positive Baby Music & Babysign Workshop on 1 Aug sat 10am to 10.45am (Max 12 babies) Birth and Beyond Address:19 Tanglin Road #05-18 Tanglin Shopping Centre S247909
1) Mummy kris
2) LemonT
3) Snow_bb
4) Grace Chua
5) Aidanyap
6) DJmama
7) Happy_mummy79
8) yaer
9)MrsLim
10)pumpkinseed
11)Thesimz

**DO ALL MUMMIES WANT TO CHANGE TO SUN INSTEAD?**

6mth Gathering @ Shelford Road. 15th Aug, Sat. Time - To be confirmed
==========================================
Mummies anyone interested with the 6th mth gathering for bb ... on "15 Aug 09" also put down bb diaper size.( cos might be getting diaper foc ones)
Nestle will giving giving goodies for babies & will be sponsoring us a Nutritionist or demostrator if we have 30 mummies going to the gathering
1) Mummy Kris + Bb Shyann - M size
2) Mummy L + Bb A - M size
3) Mummy Lonerunner + bb Chi Mun - L size
4) Mummy G + Bb Alicia
5) Mommy I'Ching + Bb Craig - M size
6) Mummy + BB Aidan (M size)
7) Mummy Thesimz + bb zac (L Size)
8) Mummy webtobe06 + bb (L size)

lonerunner: haha abit far leh..also i mus ask my hubby cos u knw lah ask me ownslf brg baby i cant!: P
will try to join,
see the gathering wat time first..

joannelim:
u talking about the munchkin food grinder is it? i think i saw that but not sure if its a good buy. u tried it? we got blender at home but would want to prepare small portion for the baby first.

lonerunner:
the maid that i got was recommended by a friend. was in the philippines from dec - june so was able to look for one there.i dunno any agencies in the phil though.

organic food:
we have been feeding bb with earths best org cereal and the purees that they have. so far bblikes it. =)

munchkin food grinder:
saw it at takashimaya last sunday
happy.gif

bumper playmat:
got one for bb from SSW. we tried it out last saturday and she got very scared and cried very loud! when we placed her in the bed, she keeps looking at her side to see if she's really in the bed! poor bb! then yesterday we let her try the bumper mat again...she wont flip to her tummy!
sad.gif
any mummy got the same experience?

Positive Baby Music & Babysign Workshop on 1 Aug sat 10am to 10.45am (Max 12 babies) Birth and Beyond Address:19 Tanglin Road #05-18 Tanglin Shopping Centre S247909
1) Mummy kris
2) LemonT
3) Snow_bb
4) Grace Chua
5) Aidanyap
6) DJmama
7) Happy_mummy79
8) yaer
9)MrsLim
10)pumpkinseed
11)Thesimz

**DO ALL MUMMIES WANT TO CHANGE TO SUN INSTEAD?**

6mth Gathering @ Shelford Road. 15th Aug, Sat. Time - To be confirmed
==========================================
Mummies anyone interested with the 6th mth gathering for bb ... on "15 Aug 09" also put down bb diaper size.( cos might be getting diaper foc ones)
Nestle will giving giving goodies for babies & will be sponsoring us a Nutritionist or demostrator if we have 30 mummies going to the gathering
1) Mummy Kris + Bb Shyann - M size
2) Mummy L + Bb A - M size
3) Mummy Lonerunner + bb Chi Mun - L size
4) Mummy G + Bb Alicia
5) Mommy I'Ching + Bb Craig - M size
6) Mummy + BB Aidan (M size)
7) Mummy Thesimz + bb zac (L Size)
8) Mummy webtobe06 + bb snow (L size)
9) Mummy blueb + bb (to be confirmed)

mibebe,

my bb refused to crawl on the playmat... initially he even refused to flip on his tummy too! but subsequently he is used to it already... so do give bb some time to get used to it...

Mummyo, Hope you are feeling better now! I still remember chatting with you on that day.. Do take care of yourself k.. If possible, leave your sons with the care of their grandparents for the time being..
I can imagine how active the boys can be..

Brought bb to 3rd 6-in-1 jab and prevanar...

bb weighs 8.5kg at 68cm today.... PD says his growth is ok so far and bb ard 6mths should weigh 6kg and 8mths at 8kg so he is doing fine... big guy but not overweight...

bb taking enfalac now... PD says ok to choose between enfapro or enfalac since he is not overweight and not underweight... asked him again which is better for him, but he just say enfalac is higher in fat thats all, overall nutritional is the same...

playmat:i yst got minitoons playmat, the 200x130 cm de.
hp my gal wil lik it, haha cos the outlet i went to no stock mus go anthr outlet pick up

Back