(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

happymum,

my boy also refuses to drink his milk when he was younger then he was ok...now that he's sick he is back to that milk rejection behaviour again.

Now my mum tries to feed him when he's sleep/napping. That's when he can finish up his milk...

happymum, few weeks ago, my boy also refused most of his feeds but that stage is over now. I think its a stage that they will go through. Right now, he mostly refuse the morning feed, usually will take only 60-90ml.

My boy drinks 130ml each feed every 3 hours, so total 7 feeds per day which adds up to about 900ml. Is this too much? I was thinking of increasing the quantity as he always cries after finishing his milk. So I just give him his pacifier. Is this a sign that he is still hungry?

I started feeding him cereal last few days. When I spoon-feed him on the first day, his tummy was a bit bloated for the whole afternoon. Then I try putting the cereal in his milk the following day and he refused to finish his milk. Any mummies can advice if I should carry on giving him the cereal? btw, my boy will be 5 months in the next 3 days.

Hi, I am new to this thread and would to order the cup too. my baby is born on 5 Feb.

Order close on 30th June 2359

Hi all, please add on your order to the colour listed:

Blue
1. Aidanyap
2. Peachmomo
3. Peachmomo

Yellow
1. SY
2. Joannelim
3. DaMama
4. LiLi (aka Ksllr)
5. oreodinary
6. Peachmomo
7. Peachmomo
8. babyox
9. snow_bb
10.ag_gal
11. happimum

Pink
1. lostmum

White

Red
1. BBYANG

Jade Green

Sparkle Jade Green
1. Yaer
2. babyox
3. Mummyo
4. Mummyo
5. Mummyo
6. Helena

Sparkle Cerise Pink
1. Sandy
2. Princessdella
3. mamaFio
4. Peachmomo
5. DJ Mama
6. ag_gal

Purple

Sparkle Purple
1. The Simz
2. Olively
3. GraceChua
4. DJ Mama

Orange
1. Joannelim
2. Peachmomo

Turquoise
1. SY
2. iceblue27
3. Princessdella

Lilac

Total order - 37

Blue
1. Aidanyap
2. Peachmomo
3. Peachmomo

Yellow
1. SY
2. Joannelim
3. DaMama
4. LiLi (aka Ksllr)
5. oreodinary
6. Peachmomo
7. Peachmomo
8. babyox
9. snow_bb
10.ag_gal
11. happimum

Pink
1. lostmum

White

Red
1. BBYANG

Jade Green

Sparkle Jade Green
1. Yaer
2. babyox
3. Mummyo
4. Mummyo
5. Mummyo
6. Helena

Sparkle Cerise Pink
1. Sandy
2. Princessdella
3. mamaFio
4. Peachmomo
5. DJ Mama
6. ag_gal

Purple

Sparkle Purple
1. The Simz
2. Olively
3. GraceChua
4. DJ Mama
5. Sportyger

Orange
1. Joannelim
2. Peachmomo

Turquoise
1. SY
2. iceblue27
3. Princessdella

Lilac

Total order - 38

<u>DOIDY Cups</u>

Dear Joanne &amp; friends,

We noted that some of you are confused about what we are offering you. Hence, please bear with me as I repeat/explain/summarise.

De Baby Shoppe is the sole distributor of DOIDY cups in Singapore. We have recently revised the price of the DOIDY cups to

<font color="0000ff">Retail price: S$12.90
10% discount for VIPs: $11.61 after discount
10% discount for purchase of 10 cups or more: $11.61 after discount</font>

The benefits of purchasing from us is:

1. Faster delivery time: Our cups are ready stock and can be delivered as soon as the next day from payment (depending on timing of payment and our delivery schedule). No delays to worry about.

<font color="119911">This means that after you consolidate your orders today, if you decide to place an order with us and make payment lets say by tomorrow morning, we can pack your cups for delivery on Thursday. You get your cups faster and your BBs can start using the cups sooner.</font>

2. All 13 colours are available in sufficient quantities to meet your needs.

<font color="119911">No problems with selecting Green with Sparkle which according to the March mothers, your supplier in UK does not have.</font>

3. Reliability: We are a local registered company and authorised by Bickiepegs to be the only distributor of the cup in Singapore. The cups you get from us are GENUINE and you can come back to us should you face any problems with the cups.

4. Transaction in SGD: No exchange rates, bank/paypal transaction fees to worry about.

5. Local delivery: No lost shipments to lose sleep over. No holdups and legalities at CUSTOMS to worry about. Free delivery (by courier in this case) to a single address applies as long as your total purchase less discounts is at least $150.
<font color="119911">We provide free delivery to ONE address (possibly Joanne's in your case).</font>

6. With the VIP membership (given to the person who orders) that you get from this purchase, additional cups are also 10% off. No need to reorganise another BP for more cups. The VIP Membership also helps you save money if you wish to buy our other products such as Baby Einstein Toys, Bright Starts Toys and Factory Excess Clothes and Bibs from famous US brands. More savings in the long run.

<font color="119911">Whenever we have sales, we try to give better offer to VIPs. In addition, during non-sales, VIPs get 10% storewide which includes the DOIDY cups. This means that if you need more cups, you do not need to organise another BP. You get the 10% discount even if you are just buying one cup.</font>

As a value added service, we can even help you to consolidate postal delivery for those who wish for the cups to be mailed to them. We will pack and post the cups for you. You just need to bear the postage.

<font color="119911">This means that for those who are opting for mail, we can do it on behalf of Joanne. This will cut short the waiting time for you and it saves Joanne some hassle. You still have to pay for postage as per SingPost rates and we do not add on any additional handling or packing fees.</font>

For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
}

Welcome to all new mummies who are joining us on the Feb thread.. Hope we can all share share our experiences over here..

Doidy Cups
Wah i think the response here is overwhelming..
happy.gif
Hope mummies here understand that the BP we have here is to share good things and help mummies save $$.. We welcome all of you to share and participate in our conversations and not just join in our BP..

**Note that all BP requires coordination and effort by the mummies here and we are not earning anything like the sellers in the BP thread**

Little Charmaine
Sidetrack a bit..
I know that now in Motherhood forum there are a lot of BP going on with proceeds to go to little Charmine.. I was thinking if we, Feb mums, can contribute a bit to her as well.. Instead of buying things from BP, can we just donate and give all the donations directly to her? I dunno how many are willing to donate so just ask first before confirming anything.. As mothers, i think we all can understand how her mother feels..

To know more about little Charmaine, see the links below:
http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/
http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/

princessdella,

u can donate directly to her using internet banking. the information is on her blog.
i personally prefer to do it thru BP.
happy.gif

BabyOx,
Thanks i know that i can donate directly to her but asking to collate donations so more people will donate. Understand that every ppl got their preferences of donating so no worries. =)

princessdella:
I saw on her blog that there are some BPs that the sellers are donating some of the proceeds to Charmaine.
Do you know how i can do that? i have alot of things that i intend to sell (cos i really have no more use for that) and then the money i can donate to this little girl. Do you know how to contact Jolene or her mom, Cynthia to have this arrangement?

Hi mummies,
Last week found out my baby teething... 4 month 3 weeks.. isn't too early? &amp; yesterday he got fever.. isn't due to teething? Should i consult doctor? Recently he don't drink much too. ;(

May i know how sophie look like? long time never log in.. suddenly see mummies discuss on sophie.. no idea what it is.. hehe

Ade: I am keen on joining to donate. Maybe we can start a list of mummies here and collate our donations and send in a cheque or bank transfer?

List of mummies donating:
DJ Mama - $50

princessdella, i donated directly to the bank account stated on the blog last weekend as I also think cash donation is the most direct and fastest way.

olivia, i also interested in getting the sophie.. i logged in 1 day after they close the purchase orders
sad.gif
.. if interested, maybe we can combine our orders..

Blue
1. Aidanyap
2. Peachmomo
3. Peachmomo

Yellow
1. SY
2. Joannelim
3. DaMama
4. LiLi (aka Ksllr)
5. oreodinary
6. Peachmomo
7. Peachmomo
8. babyox
9. snow_bb
10.ag_gal
11. happimum

Pink
1. lostmum

White

Red
1. BBYANG

Jade Green

Sparkle Jade Green
1. Yaer
2. babyox
3. Mummyo
4. Mummyo
5. Mummyo
6. Helena

Sparkle Cerise Pink
1. Sandy
2. Princessdella
3. mamaFio
4. Peachmomo
5. DJ Mama
6. ag_gal

Purple

Sparkle Purple
1. The Simz
2. Olively
3. GraceChua
4. DJ Mama
5. Sportyger

Orange
1. Joannelim
2. Peachmomo

Turquoise
1. SY
2. iceblue27
3. Princessdella
4. Rei

Lilac

Total order - 39

hello mummies

I had already made my cash donation into cynthia's POSB savings account.
Let's all help in anyway we can...a little accumulate can be a lot. cheers

WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE MY COLOUR TO TURQUOISE.

Blue

1. Peachmomo
2. Peachmomo

Yellow
1. SY
2. Joannelim
3. DaMama
4. LiLi (aka Ksllr)
5. oreodinary
6. Peachmomo
7. Peachmomo
8. babyox
9. snow_bb
10.ag_gal
11. happimum

Pink
1. lostmum

White

Red
1. BBYANG

Jade Green

Sparkle Jade Green
1. Yaer
2. babyox
3. Mummyo
4. Mummyo
5. Mummyo
6. Helena

Sparkle Cerise Pink
1. Sandy
2. Princessdella
3. mamaFio
4. Peachmomo
5. DJ Mama
6. ag_gal

Purple

Sparkle Purple
1. The Simz
2. Olively
3. GraceChua
4. DJ Mama
5. Sportyger

Orange
1. Joannelim
2. Peachmomo

Turquoise
1. SY
2. iceblue27
3. Princessdella
4. Rei
5. Aidanyap

Lilac

Total order - 39

Re: Charmaine's Fund

I agree with joanne that we should donate individually so that we can save the time we spent here collating donations.
For them, i think every mins counts...

hi mommies,

just a reminder that we will not be accepting anymore orders for the Doidy cup after 2359 hours tonight. You can do IB transfer to my DBS account. DBS IB website is down now so i cant check my account number but i will post my account number once i get hold of it. When transferring, please kindly state your SMH nick and also real name so I can forward the list to joanne to faciliate pick up. Please also PM that u have paid just in case i miss your post. Thank you
happy.gif

sheepish, DJ mama, joanne:
Thanks for helping us getting sophie. I let her play with it and she keeps 'kissing' until sophie is so wet. Hahaha.

Wah.. This thread is a very good advertisement ah.. I don't think I'll buy sophie/doidy cup if I see it in the shop!

Just brought her to PD for 2nd 5-in-1 jab this morning. She is now 7.45kg, 69cm at 4 months 2 weeks old. So happy. Cos since last PD visit I took care of her alone without 'interference' from mom/mil to give more FM and she can still gain weight
happy.gif
. Asked about weaning and PD said she's growing fine so can wait till 6 months. Now hoping she won't get fever from the jab..

olivia
my baby also teething.. saw the gum swollen n got 2 white thing below the swollen area and super cranky over these few days. princessade's daughter already got 2 teeth out already.. so cute.. forgot to take picture i think.

sophie
my little boy finally accepted sophie. He smiled so brightly when he saw it in the morning.. n by night guess wat? he looks like an addict craving over the giraffe when i squeeze the sophie n make the noise. when pass to him, he just snatch n put in his mouth with a sigh of victory.
wats bad is... when he cant find an area to put it inside his mouth, he will complain n complain.

Joanne,
thanks for the link...i was starring at ur baby's legging...keke..
am going to place orda now.

Sophie,
Hmm.....mine gets anger too...keep complaining.
And it is very messy with all the saliva....i guess for my case, sophie still under observation

haha rei
good thing u are not with march mummies.. or else u will end up buying more. they have alot of bps.

me bad influence, i think i am the first along with DJmama who got u all started with BP within our own feb group. hahahha first sophie, now cup.. wats next. pray hard i will not get another BP.

DOIDY cup
the order will stop in 45 min time.. i will tabulate later of all the colour... and sandy will post her account number soon n confirm which one we are going for. if u are still interested, just transfer the fund to her bank within the dateline. thanks..

For those silent readers
A few of us share the same thought. we would appreciate if u come in n get to know us better n to share your experience with us and not suddenly pop out from nowhere n saying u have baby born in feb too n wish to order from our BP. sorry no offence, but coordinating such BP is really voluntary on our side n we have nothing to gain really... so we prefer to be helping our feb mummies to save cost n not someone we never seen.

*cough* if u are silent reader, u should know by know i am very straight in my words.. no offence ah... i mean well for all. come be our friends n meet us up , u will know how caring we all are..hehe

wow 2 oliv something.. olivia, olively.. for a moment i wonder how come olively says she long time never post. then realise its 2 different users...

aiyoo DJmama, DKmama, DAmama.. , who else got similar names? heheheh

Blue

1. Peachmomo
2. Peachmomo

Yellow
1. SY
2. Joannelim
3. DaMama
4. LiLi (aka Ksllr)
5. oreodinary
6. Peachmomo
7. Peachmomo
8. babyox
9. snow_bb
10.ag_gal
11. happimum

Pink
1. lostmum

White

Red
1. BBYANG
2. SY

Jade Green

Sparkle Jade Green
1. Yaer
2. babyox
3. Mummyo
4. Mummyo
5. Mummyo
6. Helena

Sparkle Cerise Pink
1. Sandy
2. Princessdella
3. mamaFio
4. Peachmomo
5. DJ Mama
6. ag_gal

Purple

Sparkle Purple
1. The Simz
2. Olively
3. GraceChua
4. DJ Mama
5. Sportyger

Orange
1. Joannelim
2. Peachmomo

Turquoise
1. SY
2. iceblue27
3. Princessdella
4. Rei
5. Aidanyap

Lilac

Total order - 40

Added one more cup for my frenz
happy.gif

agree wif joanne on silent readers..thinks its nice to make frens here n nt sudly pop (esp wen there is BP)in keke.anyw nice to see new frens here!

haha joanne u are one of the famous shoppin queen ma. haha alot of thgs i nvr buy but i alwys see the few usual names topping the listkeke

on doidy cup: noted wil transfer the $ once u al inform us.thks

joannelim...

2 white thing on the gums means teeth coming out??? Upper or lower gums??? my bb also seems to be teething...super cranky... kept putting fingers or anything into his mouth, fussing away...even though he has been fed sufficiently. Hopefully i can make a quick check when he wakes up later! heehee
happy.gif

olively
my baby at 4th mth check up is 9.4kg now he is 4.5mths old right now. he is starting to slow down in his weight gain. phew.

aidan
no.. his is swollen. previously already saw got 2 white thing there, but this time its swollen, n the 2 white thing more obvious now.
yea if ur baby is drooling alot n putting anything or all fingers into his mouth, n very cranky, wake up sometimes in the middle of the night... then yea could be teething.
like wat they say, ya, lower gum first.

planning to stop breastfeeding on the 6th mth! Heehee... wondering how to breastfeed if bb's teeth sprout out b4 then??? These days he has shown his temper...no longer the unresponsive little bb... has really grown much...can't imagine if he will bite when he resist breastfeeding???
happy.gif

joanne,
I don't really like shopping before. But since pregnant, like to shop but those for bb. Everytime go out will just go straight to bb section. Haha. That time temptation only come if I go out shopping. But now, just reading this forum makes me want to buy this and that. And because I'm not working now, if want to buy something must advertise to hb first, cos he's the one paying!

Nice meeting all of you yesterday, even though I didn't manage to talk to all of you. And happy that bb quite well behaved, it's first time for me bringing her out alone. And you know what, was telling her in the morning please don't poo when we're outside. Then she poo before and after the trip! Obedient ah..

iceblue
erm i not shopping queen lah.. haha.. i just love to check the BP n see wats on sale everyday.. nothing to do while carrying him is to click on those thread n read.
until now.. i think my most expensive items only jumperoo(bought with lots of robinson vouchers given free),beco carrier(sponsored), nursing cover n sophie. wanted to buy blender one, but mum got me a brand new one from her lucky draw. wanted to tempt u all to buy diaper bag one.. hahhaha but i resist the temptation n didnt get one also.

shopping queen title should give to peachmomo n mrslim?

re: diapers

sorry huh i know this topic super outdated liao but cos i was using pet pet and all was well until today saw the birdie very red and like got open wound...took him immediately to doc....

Doc say must keep dry all the time etc...so i suspect is when he is with me and slept for 8 hrs straight w/o changing diaper..that is why...

so does buying beta diaper helps huh?
Pamper is good right? or mamy poko huh..i was thinking of nepia cos use it during his early months, kinda like the soft texture.

olively
i think DJmama one is first runner up haha. u check with her.. hers almost same size as mine.

rei
same loh.. i need to tempt my hubby first. took me more than 2 months to convince him to buy.
wow first time bringing her out ah.. must be very stressful for u. next time dont worry, we have few mummies sometimes never bring baby one can help u out if u need. poo lah, never mind, will help u settle also hahahah.

aidan
tats the reason why i try to give my son bottle now... making sure he will accept bottle. until now although he is teething, he didnt bite. but something funny is.. cos he knows how to flip already, when side way, he will lift his head up to look for breast n suck n drinking while his head still remain up... very funny scene. have to put his head down on the nursing pillow again.

another funny thing is.. if he wants milk, when i carry him n he saw the nursing pillow, he will pull himself towards the pillow n lie down there.

Joannelim, gosh your baby is huge! lol

Haha yeah March mummies shop a lot more. Sorry for the bad influence :p

Think it's better to donate directly to Charmaine.

And same here for the silent readers. Sometimes, I hesistate to post pics and info because I know some people are reading it who I have never spoken to before. And Joannelim, Dkmama, Sheepish were offering to help fellow mummies that we know, share stories with etc. It's kinda unfair to just jump in only when there is a good bargain. The plus side is that maybe it can help draw out the silent readers who have been thinking about posting.

olively
i dont use petpet overnight.. my baby will get birdie red also if never change diaper over 4 hours.
i use pampers active n mammy poko for night.

haha heng i can resist temptations! no bonus no extra $ to spend!

hehe then looks lik u only got the SHOPPING QUEEN bronze award! gold n silver goes to other mummies!heei think GOLD shld award to peach momo

pumpkinseed
erm he is heavy but doesnt look fat.. hahha got big thigh though. he looks fit n tall. someday we should have combine gathering lah.. hahah so we can get to know more mummies.

sometimes i will go take a look at march thread, cos if u realise i used to be march mummy until my gynae changed my date to feb. really admire u all always go for gathering in nice places like hotel lah n go for dim sum. yum yum.

Me too, EDD March but ADD Feb! Impatient babies lol

Would love to see your baby soon
happy.gif

The hotel dim sum was not cheap but not that expensive either. $25 per person. I think if we go to Bakerzin would be the same.

March mummies doing a 6 month bash, maybe Feb mummies can have one too? I shall be nosey and join both haha

actually hor actually hor....

when i see some mummies after collecting the sophies just bolt off like that hor or just merely turn up to collect their purchase.
I feel a bit.....hmm...."not worth" lor esp for sheepish, joanne and DJ etc....

But i also cannot say much cos i am not much beta cos i also left shortly after, and it was quite awkward cos don know how to fit it...so kept looking at babies instead...keke

Mummies, I must confess about my shopping today. Really sinful.
Started off well at Brown Rice Paradise. After 1 hour of browsing, I finally ended up with 2 boxes of organic rice cereal.
Next stop, Chateau de Sable - tee shirt for myself ?? How on earth did I manage to go into a children's shop and buy adult clothing. Nevermind...
Went to see Treehouse showroom and bought laundry bag and decorative wall hook, ordered toy storage bin, play quilt, diaper stacker.
Finally went to Forum and bought some silly celebrity favoured skincare for baby.

My goodness, behaving like I am still working!

erm pumpkin seed
i think if u are here, both u n peachmomo can fight for the shopping queen title.

olively
join us more often, then u wont feel awkward hehe.
i dont mind they gone off loh,, cos its lunch hour n they need to go off for work.

aiyo i better head to bed... been very tired lately cos of his crankiness due to teething. need to sleep early also cos i have a habit of waking up around 5 am to check did he sleep properly.. this few days he likes to flip while sleeping.

gd nite ...... ciao

Back