(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

no leh... i din deliver #2 earlier. Infact, i deliver bravier later than #1. suffering....
hopefully #3 will come out earlier cos i don wanna induce again...

suika : Even though its #3 for me, im equally nervous. Hahaha
den after this, close factory!!!

jan, me interested too, let me know which weekend to sign up.

emq, me still waiting for details from my sil... all i know is the brand is queens and is very new, maybe used 2-3 times niah, cos her babies dun like stroller... she and maid usually just carry. luckily is feather weight babes.

Happy Vesak Day!! Have a good rest
from work
happy.gif

dazed/jolene, I will be signing up for all, cos i'm very free on weekends these days. Need something to occupy me and shyan. I only worry about the timing, cos it seems to clash with her nap times.

so u just let me know which weekend u want.

i think we all have to pop into any of the library to register using their e-kiosk. I'll see if i can register for u all or not.cos my house here got children library, can just walk over, near near.. :D

Hi Jan,
Thanks, thanks, no problem, I will book it on Monday. My office is near Central library.

I will be there on 24th and 31st.

think i have to quit fb games liao, jh does not allow me to use lappy cos he will want to play when lappy is on. unless the game can be on iphone, else i think very difficult.

dazed: same here! kyan wants to snatch the lappy whenever i on it! can only play when he is sleeping! hahah. as for iphone, he will demand for his mickey mouse video! really OMG!

ni, yah lah, lappy is mine only when he is asleep, then again, there's so much other things to do when he is asleep... haiz...

hate the melt downs when i turn off the lappy.

babystarlet, yah man, duno why these 2 weeks is like superglue and stranger anxiety is back! he's practically hugging my legs in the lift when there are others! good thing i dun wear skirts... prob he'll hide under it...

any babes on Gain IQ have issue switching to immunify? monitoring Z if he is showing 'side effect' as he tend to puke abit during the last feed.

dazed: I dun think so. I think the circles are of different size. BTW, thanks, I got the double stroller from your SIL liao. Cool stroller & my kids love it lol... I think it's the novelty of a new stroller.

piyo: No, I did not notice any difference. I din even change gradually, just switched like that... kekeke.. maybe he's too full? Or he just dun feel like drinking? I find sometimes they do funny things to get away from things they dun like... My #2 told me, 'I have cough' when we told her we are bringing her for jab...

ni: i also played mickey mouse clubhouse when i want him to keep quiet..
sometimes i dont understand why the same video they can watch over and over again...
i cant seem to search barney on youtube leh...short short one..

emq, thanks! hmm, so i have to decide which one to invest in... haha... i heard you mentioned to my sil on the visa thing, you know when the reduced price is until? if travelling in oct can start apply now?

ni, guess what, jh like majullah singapura! haha... cos he will listern every weekday morn before sesame st start on okto.

piyo, no leh, jh has been on old, then new, then old again cos i bought some old one... no problems. then again, jh is a junkie...

dazed: I suggest go for Megabloks, then progress to Lego later. Cos Megabloks are much cheaper & quality equally good. Even if quality is not as good, they won't play with it for long.

Legos are expensive, but they are really durable, invest & keep properly, can last till your grand kids' time... kekeke.

OZ visas are valid for multiple entries for a year as long as you your passport is valid (i.e. u need new visa if u change your pp). So, if you apply for it now, it will expire next May. I think my HB says offer for a month (not sure when, but he just got it last weekend). Goggle for the site. If you can't find, let me know. I ask my HB for the link.

Hello mummies ! I lost my voice over weekend ! now on 2 days MC at home.

Anyone with babies allergic to egg, egg yolk or egg white only ? I think Leon is allergic to egg white !

Dazed: Leon on enfa 3, y ?

Janjan: thanks for info - I'm keen to sign up too - I'll see if I can do it at the library just opp my mum's place when I pick leonie up.

Ni, no lah, okto starts at 9 am leh. First show is sesame street and jh would have bathed and waiting for show.

Ann, my colleague selling off her stock of enfa. 5 tins

EmQ, I also like megabloks cos they have many characters

Hi mummies,
i think the GSS damn shiok! Mothercare having 25% off on their clothes. Bought lots of shorts for the kids to wear at home.

Anyone knows where is the best plc to get steamboat/grill and those pots to boil soup? Taka, robinson or tangs is better?

Emq...think could be too full but weird enuff on old formula, din have tis prob...cut back a lil for last feed today and seem good...

ni..oh okie...thot something new on Iphone...haha think i beta dun start tis for Z otherwise it will be long term! hee

dazed...guess I have to monitor for a few more days but shd b switching total to new tomoro le...not gonna buy old formula again...troublesome.

wa, u all so good, kiddo waiting to watch tv. my girl only interested in the barney's 'i love you' song. thats for only 1min??? and she pays attn to the tv only during commercials, and when the theme songs are played. how i wish she can sit still for 45mins like kyan.. it will be such a bliss..

piyo, me same as emq. never transit shyan from old to new formula. one day i realised no more old formula , so just anyhow grab one tin of new formula and feed her that. she's also a junkie like jh :D

ann01jan: great! hope to see you at the fun for tots!! take note its in july hor!

haha, i also find it hard to use the lappy when shyan is ard. luckily my lappy is high high on top, she cannot reach. but its beside the phone. she will want to sit on my lap when i am using lappy cos she wants to pretend talking on the phone - no talkative

jan, she sit on your lap can't reach the lappy mah?

jh can watch sesame st / elmo's world on high chair. but after like 20 mins, will be fidgety already... if he's not in the high chair, then will be running around liao...

piyo, is it? hmm, maybe good time to start investment... bit by bit... my sil gave him a few pieces of duplo, some circus themed thingy, but with only a doggy and the circus master and a clown... he's happy though, so i thot can start introducing to him.

cherry: yah GSS is everywhere! is bad bad bad! hahaha! need to control! :p

jan: kyan is tv-addict, esp mickey mouse clubhouse, hanny manny! he can sit still for a good 45 mins to watch.

i on the mickey mouse clubhse for crystal,she watch for about 5mins,went somewhere else to venture.
but she watch my drama shows at night though.

so "auntie",haha

Ni me too must ctrl for the GSS! Haha

suika my new helper coming in 2weeks time! Hoping I have gd luck with a nice and hardworking one!

Hello mummies, while on the maid topic, experience mummies, can advise how much is their salary And what are the added cost each month? About 1k additional expenses ? I am also thinking of empying a maid, but still under consideration stage.

GSS started and I have yet to shop ah.. Cherryale, isit 25% all clothes at mothercare ?

Baby is sick again, having fever..I'm on the way to the doctor..sia

merc: My boy first day back to ifc after 2 months, crossing my finger!

suika: I sealed my house key using a special sticker, only emergency she can go out using the key. So i am not too worried she go out of the house, just worried she on the phone too much.

preciousbb: levy is fixed price for working mummies...$170 n salary for new maids is abt $340 for indo (no offdays) n $360-$370 for phili...for experienced maids it's abt $400-$450
normally phili maids will request for offdays

Ashley: wad special sticker u using? once taken out cannot stick back?

suika: ya, the sticker once tamper will tear immediately. Hee, cos i bought everything she needs so i don't see the need for her to go out at all.

precious_bb: Yes, budget about $1k for maid. Cos beside levy & salary, we also pay for their other basic needs like food, toiletories, beddings, etc. Not forgetting, the more frequent washing & cooking will add on to electricity bill & groceries costs.

You need to be very specific with new maids (esp if they are totally fresh). They may not know how much washing detergent to use, which detergent to use for what, etc. My coll was so upset her maid used up 1 packet of baby washing powder within a week! She subsequently found out maid uses that to wash everything! Even maid's own clothes!

As a rough guide, $1k is a comfortable figure. But note that this is also partly due to increased cleaning & washing. Cos we dun clean & wash as often without the maid ma...

But still, a good maid is worth the cost.

Ashley: Yup, I bring the maid out with me everywhere, even overseas. So I dun see the need for her to go out on her own. Anyway, her contract is without day off & no hp. Then she can only use the phone with my permission. So far, my current maid has been pretty disciplined. In fact, I've to remind her to call home lol.

Then again, my dear, dun bother to call home to check on the maid.
1st, once we start doing that, it becomes stressful for both us & maid.
2nd, what we dun know does not hurt. So long as there is no serious breach, minor slips we can accept, just accept la.

But always be firm with them from the start. Set the ground rules & tell her in no uncertain terms the OB (out of bound) Markers. E..g. I tell my maid, any slips regarding the kids (dirty milk bottle, etc), it's a one way ticket home. No need to discuss. But small slips for adults, we can still close an eye.

emq: I find that training a helper is quite tough, everything need to teach, wonder when they will auto pilot, heehee.

For me, I noticed that my phone bill went up by 20 dollars for the past 3 months, helper mentioned didn't use at all, hmm....

Back