(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Suika: usually I will take train from SK to Punngol to make sure I can sit dowm...is only when I need to transfer bus to my workplace where I got no sit....btw during the train ride sometime I very very pei seh if a preg or old pple stand infornt of me...i dunno wan to stand up and give up my seat ot them or not....

sperzz.. no need to paiseh lah, now that u are preggy, u have the priority / privilege to hog onto your seat. at least u ladies still can make it to the seats there. if i were to take the mrt, i usually hang ard the door area till many stops later. alot of pushing and jamming at that area. always scared that pple wll push too hard and hit my little one.

ya lor, wonder how they can tahan wo epi and gas. this is my first time, and i cannot imagine what labour pain feels like. some say feels like menstrual cramp, some say its like stomach pain, i think the pain is really an individual experience.

for a headache queen like me, my pain threshold for headache is so great that i tahan all my headaches without any medication until i puke and swirl ard the room and hit my head against the wall also can tahan. but stomach pain, i really have no idea.

i remember when i did my laproscopic exam 2 years ago, i expected pain, but ironically, i did not touch any painkiller that doc prescribe me after the op. i go for wisdom tooth removal, i also never take any painkiller that dentist prescribed.

it may sound like i have high pain threshold. still, i have a feeling that i will not be able to tahan stomach pain. arh!!! really very scared now.

suika: woody is there every morning at CCK, afternoons at SK, evenings alternate..
sat morning at CCk, afternoon at SK.

yes i need to go back next week to monitor my situation.. not 14 aug..

thanks giggler, yup hoping it w move up..

sperzz: im stil wearing normal clothes.. except larger size... much cheaper..

janjan: u should try to move in coz in the middle more space. if u stands at the doorway there, more pushing as ppl trying to get in the train

ur tolerance lvl very high wor

blessedmum: i mean after he's sure that ur bb is doing fine again den mayb can arrange together
happy.gif

suika, cannot move in leh.. too crowded. and the idiotic commuters wouldn't give way at all... never put my face on the glass panel of the door is very heng liao.

like that is called high tolerence ah? hmmm... but i'm still afraid of labour pain leh. now my heart is racing at the thought of labour pain and contractions.

janjan16: yes yes yes! u r right! i personally prefer boys. heee. so if #1 is boy, den can close factory loh. heeeehee...

really taking train can see the ugly side of singaporeans... giving up a seat will die meh??? when i was in my week 8 or so, i gave up my seat to a preggie woman who was in her last trimester... cos those beside me, either sleeping, or, reading so engrosly into newspaper... suddenly become blind. so a preggie me have to give up my seat loh...

Janjan, just keep an open mind abt delivery for now.
happy.gif

Sperzz, will your gynae encourage to go for natural birth? Some gynae will ask you to go for c-section for #2 also.

piyobaby, u are right. i have no major complain abt my gynae. afterall, he's funny and always make me laugh during our check ups. only set back is that he has no credit card facilities - everytime have to pay cash or NETS. aiyoh..

giggler, guess ihave to do so for now ba.

NI, its very nice of you to give up your seat to a more pregnant lady. one good turn deserves another. for all u know, the next person who gives up her seat to you might be a lady who is only 5-6 weeks pregnant too
happy.gif

Nl: u very 'wei da' wor... i'm not able to do that coz at my early stage every day very giddy n pale...i think i need the seat more than her

jesline: dr ang very cute la, when i see him, he straight away tell me, today we will try and see the gender...then he told me got something in between the legs so 80% is a boy lor..when u 16th week go and see him, think can see also

I was in somehow a similar situation as innocent man yesterday. I think my wife was trying to test my patience.

I told her there are many things I can 'ren' but not unreasonable behavior and nonsense.

anyway, wife later apologised to me but she cried for one hour after that before bed time.

mood swings yeah?

janjan...my gynae oso no credit card facility....hardly will joke too as he's a man of few words...usualli his is 'cold joke'...haha

suika & blessedmum..mayb we try to arrange one session together in sep....=)

daddytobe....it's perfectly normal to have mood swings...sumtime I will cry for no reason upon watching tv program too....let her cry out and try not to reprimand her at the point of time...afer a while when she calm down then talk out the situation wif her....might help...=)

DaddyToBe: Yup, the crying is part of the whole package. I remember I was reading about delivery, taking epidural and what have you. The more I read, the more frightened I became as I imagined the pain etc. And I just started crying and crying and crying. And on the whole, I just think pregnant women want alot of attention. We're going through major changes with our bodies both internally and externally. So I guess more assurance would be good.

mercsboy:actually he did mention to be the gender of my baby twice. 1st time he told me, he said not confirm yet so dont tell the world... the 2nd time, he mentioned likely to be what he is thinking but he never confirm.... so not sure how accurate is that...

I will be seeing him in another 1 mth time... really a long wait n that will be after my detailed scan

Hi mummies,
noticed that the MRT had now paste 2 Priority seats stickers on the seat... really wonder if it helps or not...

Jesline: u must know the wordings are in English and once u sat down u can't see the words anymore.....that's wad happened to me earlier this morning....someone got up from that seat and i'm right in front of that seat so rightfully i supposed to have a seat liao rite.......but that lady nxt to it shifted her BUMS over to that seat right before my eyes juz to let her mum sit *FAINT* to think my tummy's very obvious today coz i'm wearing a more fitting top....the whole tummy is shaped out n she dares to take my seat be4 my eyes somemore....so what can u say

suika: poor thing. maybe the lady thought you not preggie due to stomach still small, eventhough you wearing a fitting top? some ppl will think its fat lah. so nowadays i will wear those maternity tops, dresses etc. cos maternity dresses & tops sure ppl can tell its maternity and i'm preggie. but hor, sad to say still nobody give up the seats. i've seen real huge preggie women also and nobody give up the seats for them too. dont talk abt preggie women lah. even those old with walking stick also no seat. there was once i saw a blind man alone with the cane, but ppl still never let him sit down. and worse, there was this one teenage boy who stick out his leg and refuse to move! i gave him one nice scolding! he was so embarrased aft that. but the blind man continued to stand. you know those newer trains have the space for wheelchair one? well i even saw a man on a wheel chair with no legs and ppl still refuse to move for him to park there. end up he just park in the middle whereby at end up ppl no other place to stand.

samval: seems like most ppl here can't be bothered at all.....they oni wana get a seat for themselves and later pretend the whole trip

suika: think Singaporean still have a long way to learn how to be gracious.... been to Taiwan & is very impressed of their train & pple there.... the pple will sure give up their seats if there is eldery or pregnant woman....

I had also started to wear maternity top & pant...but pple still pretend they never see me.... really sad that this world is becoming...
sad.gif

jesline: maybe dr ang not so sure yet, thats why he didn confirmed with you. for my case, he straightaway said its 80% boy lor...

u all MTB still can wear normal wear ah...my tummy is so obvious that my other dept people already asking me....cannot hide anymore lor...

Hee, i have to ask my hubby to drive me to the cck interchange though we stay in bukit panjang before he goes to work so that i can take bus from there and confirm got seat. I cannot imagine myself standing all the way on the bus for an hour leh. Don't wanna strain myself early in the morning.

Hi all mothers to be,
Have everyone here decided where to deliver already? i m still having a headache over this...anyone here with Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ clinic in TMC? Does she deliver in gov hospital? heard stories abt how the private hospitals will make babies with even slight jaundice to stay back few more days just to earn the parents money. Also afraid that hospital bill will be too high if there's any complication if deliver in private hospital...

Hi Suika,
I was adviced by friend to go to MtA too, r u with Dr Wong as well? sighz, quite a tough choice for me to make...

jesline yeah i work at tg pagar. Dun like the east-west line cuz it's crowded all the way. Even if i go backwards towards bugis first, dun think it will guarantee me a seat. At least u definately will get one at Marina Bay.

janjan kids are like that nowadays. Dunno why also. I dun remember that my parents allowed me to run around in restaurants and hawker centres. A few wks ago we had hi tea at Merchant Court. Same thing the kids running ard, i nearly spilled my food on them so many times. Even worse on sat, i was on the way to the pool, this kid was running directly at me so i moved towards the side to avoid him. Who knows when he went past me, he actually purposely stretched out his arm to hit me!!! Wah lau, damn painful! Lucky din hit my tummy, only kenna my upper thigh area.. if not sure scream at him one.

Actually many pple try to go for natural birth these days.. most docs will encourage this if they feel u can tahan n bb is not too big. U might want to consider hypnotherapy courses to learn how to take ur mind off the pain.

I dun understand why must highlight certain seats as priority seats..why not just say that ANY seats shld be given up to whoever who needs it?! I think it creates the impression that pple who are not in the priority seat will think that it's none of their biz.. let those in the priority seat do the work...

Maybe when pple see that they are older than us, they think elder automatically qualify for "elderly"??? Fact is most pple dunno how being pregnant feels like. Bet none of us knew the discomforts till we got preggie right??!

blessedmum take care & rest well.. yup spotting can occur anytime during pregnancy. My ex-colleague's wife started bleeding heavily in the 6th or 7th month, almost went into premature labour so doc had to pump drugs into her.

Jie sorry can't really help. As far as i know, only TMC has the reputation of anyhow charge, that's wat my mum said anyway. I suppose if it's minor issue like slight jaundice, parents can insist to discharge. They prob just make u sign something to say that u choose to discharge and they are not responsible if anything happens. Anyway, i think that different pple have different views on govt vs pte hospitals... there's bound to be at least 1 horror story for each hospital..

de_luxe:ya will definitely get a seat at Marina Bay.... maybe we can have lunch one of this day with other mummies working around this area
happy.gif

deluxe & jesline, i am also working in tanjong pagar. but then lunch might be a lil rush... maybe dinner???

so fun to have so many MTBs eating together and sharing tips abt pregnancy.. hee

deluxe, agree. kids run around all over the place. some pple let their just-learnt-how-to-walk toddlers run all over the shopping malls and whatever place there is. so dangerous.

wah, that kid so notti ah, stretch his arm out. irritating. these parents never teach the kids is it? hai..

ya lor. do'nt know the purpose of putting extra stickers on the seats. so what? once they sit down they can't see the sticker liao. and these pple happily sleep or read newspapers and pretend not to see preggers or elderly pple. we just gotta bear with it.

not just on MRT. buses also the same. esp those aunties. they see got seat they will rush from one end to the other to get the seat. aiyoh.. cannot make it man.

sometimes i see pple never sit properly and put their legs out hor, i will purposely walk there and kick their legs. heehee.. but now pregnant. cannot do that liao. wait i trip and fall worse.

jie, we have not signed package with any hospital yet. most likely will go for Mt A. ours is private gynae, so he cannot deliver in KKH. he only let us choose Mt A, TMC or Gleneagles. i don't know abt pte hospitals earning extra by making baby stay in hospital. hmmm...

my gynae very cute lor. he say after delivery there will be a PD allocated to me. he say can 'entertain' the PD to let him see baby once. after that i can go and find my own doc for follow ups and jabs. cheaper this way. cos PD charges are not cheap.

Nl: it's nice to meet up with MTBs.... can share tips & experience... can give support to each other too....

janjan16:there will be a PD allocated to our newborn once we delivered.... and the PD will tell u more abt yr baby after checking.... PD charges r exp.... consultation can costs $90+++ alone lor

jan: agree with your gynae. i also find my own PD. and i also like you, will kick the leg of those ppl. in fact, i still do it now.

PD at the hospital i find troublesome.....most likely to find 1 nearby home.....where got time just to go there see them...esp i no stay in the east

jesline: u stay sembawang which block? i stayed blk 360B...sel also in sembawang...we also can meet up ah....and dont have to bring BB to PD everytime for jabs...normal GP also have jabs, can check out the price, at least no consultation charges lo

samval, better don't do that now ah.... after u deliver your baby u can do so. haha..

my gynae is very funny lor. always advising us how to avoid kenna ketok and how to save money. he also suggest to go for 4-bedder or 2-bedder instead of single bedder. save the money to buy nourishing food for myself so i can breastfeed better. haha..

he say jabs and common flu and cough all can get our own family doc or neighbourhood PD to see. cheap and good. use hospital de tend to be very ex.once i followed my SIL to her child's PD at United Square. wah seh.. for one flu hor, the consultation and medicine add up $100plus. so ex. luckily she can claim from company so ok lor.

mi oso on for makan session....=)

had a real scare earlier....was driving and had to e-brake bcos of a old uncle stepping down from pavement to cross the road when I'm so near him..sumore can still cross as though nothing happen when i have toally stop my car for him...luckily no cars behind mi otherwise consequences will be horrifying....phewz!!!

ladies, thank you very much...

i consider my own tolerance level to be very high.... i guess that's the reason why i have been giving in to my wife most of the time but at times, the pressure at work that overwhelmed you and after you gets home, the kids getting on their mother's nerves..... and there you go..... having heavy metal rock music blasted to your ears.....

i tried reasoning that shouting does not help.... not only that it doesn't help to discipline the kids, it also cause discomfort to our ears..

I hope my wife will really try to learn the concept of "ren yi shi, fong ping liang jing, tui yi bu, hai kuo tian kong"..... mood swings or no mood swings..... learn to take a deep breath and think....
As a husband, I will do as what i promised on our wedding day... to care and love her.... lending her my listening ears...... but not to the blast of heavy metal music.....

hi ladies,
wow...my tummy area developed some rashes!!! think is the PUPP...read up from the net... gosh... why??!! recently i ate alot of mangosteens...is it supposed to be "liang"?...

hihi innocent man
heehee.... your "blast of heavy metal music" very funny lei... geegee... u mean ur wife will "nag nag nag" blah blah blah non stop ma??
grr...but normally, if this is true,i think just have to remain quiet and let her go on and on till she tired, then will stop automatically...
maybe u can try to explain to the kids abt ur wife's situation and mood,think they will understand. or sometimes, when she is more calmed down,try to "explain Loudly" to the kids so that she can HEAR,and that she will also be happy to know that you actually understands and knows why she is frustrated or moody,this will help in her future blasting of music...maybe next blasting will be shorter or softer...
**geegee hope it helps**

Back