(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi all,
Wonder what will you do if you feed your toddler and he/she store food in the mouth and refuse to swallow?

Randall has been using this trick for all his meals..Now he only down 1 spoon in half an hr.

tamms,

my boy is also gg to LV Alpha 1st June! When are you starting her?

kath,
wow love shopping and food therapy in BKK too.

merydith, i will play pretending game w him! I will pretend to eat his food and ignore him..when he see i am eating so happily, he will ask for it.

Jappooh, thks! but how do i feed ah? ekek

bubble pearl,

hehe i tried that...end up i ate 2 spoonful of his food and instead he is smiling happily for me instead...refused to eat still after seeing me eat lor...

I use his fav biscuit to tempt him too..also dun work. Should I just let him go hungry?

jappooh,
St james got childcare? I always tot its only a clubbing place hehe.

Ask you gals... Does teething cause a loss in appetite? My ger is growing all 4 of her incisor... I can see something white coming out of 2 of the 4 swollen incisor areas...

jowinbaby,
Ya the bomb part is quite scary... cos hard to say when they want to cause casulties, even thou the Thais are usually quite a peaceful bunch, no blood shed type. But then dunno why they started shooting the protestors...
sad.gif
How come this time the king nvr come out to say something?

merydith,
My ger oso same pattern one... She'll hold food in her mouth and talk wit the mouth full... Recently her appetite is pathetic leh... Damn sian...

Snowger,
For Bryan, his appetite will be affected when he is teething. Right now, his 2 lower molars are coming out at the same time so his appetite is not as good as before. I also notice that he will have slight bad breath whenever he is teething...hmmm maybe due to the massive drooling as well???

Luthadel,
Really uh? Cos yesterday, she totally refused her dinner! And cried at the table in the restaurant *faintz*

Snowger,
Bryan did the same thing last week when his molars were just popping out. For that entire week, it was really hard to get him to eat. Even his milk intake was affected.

Right now, part of the molars are out and only the middle is still hidden. So far, his appetite is almost back to normal.

Hi Mummies,

I could get Karihome's Goat Milk step 3 at Bulk Purchase price of $38.50 a can (min 5 cans) if any mummy is keen.

Collection pt Tampines
Kym

Oh din noe that molars popping out will affect food intake.

I guess maybe thats y randall started to do the hamster thing.

Time flies...so fast every of our kid is walking and learning to talk. I think in a few months to a year we will be amused by their conversation keke.

Luthadel,
That's a relief to hear. I do hope her incisors will not bother her so much. She's been cranky for the pass 2-3wks liao.

merydith,
Ya lor... hehe... by then we will wish they din talk so much... ;p

merydith.

I'm starting 1 June too! what a coincidence! you work at science park? Or stay arn there? My place is less than 10min walk from Alpha
happy.gif
Will prob be sitting in with her for half a day for the first 2 days and bring her back before her nap time just to get her used to the environment. Enrolled for full day.

mayelynn,
LV takes the thematic approach though I don't have a very good understanding of how that works. Right now the important things are that the kids look happy and the environment is clean and bright. I also like it that the centre is spacious. As for st. james, the best thing abt it is the wide open space and there's plenty of outdoor play. The kids look like they're really having fun and enjoy going to school. The principal and teachers also seem to love children very much, more so than the ones I met at LV, who seem to be more like employees.... but it's strictly school, not childcare, which I'm fine with when she hits kindergarten age.

Hihi all,

Merydith & Snowger,
When Preston was teething, his appetite is normal but he eats SUPER slowly. He can take up to an hour to finish a bowl of porridge. And he'll be super cranky & fuss more during his sleep at night. Thank goodness all his teeth have popped out & i don't have to deal with teething anymore.

Oh the weird thing was his molars popped out before his pre-molars!

mayelynn, i'll be starting Preston @ LV too! He's currently pre-enrolled at the Grassroots' Club branch & will start in Jan 2011. I decided to wait till he's officially Nursery 1 before putting him in a school environment. I like the curriculum & the space is clean & well-maintained.

However, he's on the wait-list of The Little Skool-House @ AMK Hub. I prefer this cos of their teaching approaches & it's nearer to my home. Hopefully he can get a place there!

Kath, I also want an outing in June!!! :p I haven't seen you guys for so long.

girls, i have not been doing any schools check.. anyone advise me where can i start? the one seem to be nearer to my house is cherie hearts. Dun seem to have those schools mommies mentioned here like The Little Skool house, LV etc..

Pris, miss you leh.. next time come out with us?? Lately u took up part-time teaching already.. have more time with us too.. hahahaha!!!

wah, so many of you have gotten a move on playgroup already. seems like most of you are choosing childcare options. i have also settled my girl's school but I'm sending her up for playgroup starting in July and pre-nursery starting next year.

For playgroup, I decided not to send her to a childcare option but to do a 2-hour playgroup instead. I am sending her to Edufarm, which runs toddler playgroups in HDB void decks. This is just for 2 hours every day. They follow the school term, so I will start in after the June school holidays. We will probably just keep her there for two terms, until December holidays. Next year, she will go to pre-nursery classes at a church kindergarten near my house.

bubble pearl,

can add into milk or just add some water to it and feed.

Snowger,

my boy when he is teething he eat very little and very cranky. He teething stop for awhile already. He left 4 more teeth to go..

Jowin, i'll definitely try to join the next gathering. Must log in more often to read & post! Haha...

Now i have more time and i love spending the afternoons with Preston. Much less $$ but quite worth it!

jowin
cherie hearts is ok too, unfortunately the one nearest my place is set up in a semi-d and they have the maximum number of kids enrolled so it looks a bit cramped. Not so keen on the semi-d set up... and only 3 toilets to share among 52 kids that was too much for me! BUT the kids look really happy.

I'm also considering the MMI at west coast so if LV doesn't work out, I still hv a back up plan.

Hi gals,

Any of you interested in a Trivoli GM? I posting on behalf of a friend. She bot one for the sis from Paris in May 2010 but her sis dun like. So she's selling it away.

I have the PM version of this... ;p

Brand new with Dust bag (no box). Photocopy of the reciept will be given to buyer (Original reciept will be shown to buyer upon request).

She is selling it for $1700 (RP: $2060). PM me if you are interested! ;p

3994555.jpg

tamms,
I enrolled him there because NUS Little skool house is full. I work in NUS so the nearest will be the science park 2 and they got the nus staff rate scheme.

Hee our little ones will be classmates soon!

jowin,
I heard cherie hearts is quite good. Perhaps you can request for a tour around the cc?

loveangel,
preston teeth are all out? Wow that good..at least deal with it one shot.

hi mommies...long time nvr visit the thread...so fast all our babies are gg into childcare...
Cidney's gg to ascend to childcare under her infantcare which is my first skool..too lazy to look for another sch for her..& i am already use to walking that route to sch...also most of the IFC mates would be there too so we decide to jus enrol her there..

Merydith,
Yep his teeth all out quite some time liao. One shot all out was horrible for us cos he would be so cranky & fussy, especially at night. His teeth were popping out 4 at a time.

Ah bur,
I considered My First Skool too but even the nearest ones around my place are FULL! Gosh!

We may end up sending Preston to Learning Kidz Eduhub (AMK Hub) cos it's just nearer. But lessons only 2.5 hours daily and no childcare option. It's more convenient for my MIL to send/pick him.

Must see how...if send to LV @ Grassroots' Club, Preston has to take school bus. I feel abit heartpain to let him take the bus next Jan at 26 months old! My hb & I gotta decide by July. Sigh...headache.

Merydith, Hehe.. Jappooh refering to St James Kindergarten at Dempsey road. Clubbing... its St James Power Station. St James Kindergarten is very popular. Must register few years in advance to be on waiting list.

it is like so near for our kids to attend childcare leh..by next year i must tink abt my working options liao..must 'tong' till Feb 2011 to get my pay increment n bonus!

2ndbb,
oh lol..tot at the same place lol...the child will be very hip...

I went to take a look online...looks really good..they include bible learning too...you putting both your kids there?

Loveangel,
wow, can imagine the pain for him...

kath,
you planning to be a SAHM?

Yes, st James kindergarten are popular. My cousins queue for their kids in there since they are like 6 months?? They asked me to join the queue but dempsey is too far away already.

merydith, ya. Guess i really need to do some homework and checked if the cherie hearts near my house there is good anot. Some are not as good as heard.

jowin,
wow 6 months! I check the fees and its also not cheap wor...

kath,
icic so you not sending zach to playgroup? I also feel like working part time but my hubby doesn't like the idea..
sad.gif

mer, sending zach to brighton..tink he will start with some holiday program tis coming Sept..my intention is that he goes for 1/2 day and i can spend the remaining 1/2 day wif him..so in a way, either i work 1/2 day in office and 1/2 day at home..but i doubt my current organisation have this arangement

kath,
icic..probably you can check with your current one..for my side it will be 2/3 pay if I were to convert.
But if the work load and responsibilites will be the same..then I think not worth.

kath: me working part-time now as a teacher. MOE has such a scheme for mommy teachers with kids under 12 yrs old. The $$ really quite pathetic but afternoons all spend with Preston.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

anyone wan to get the childlife colostrum?

Looking at ard 17 bottles
1) Jowinbaby (2 bottles)
2) Xuelyn ( 1 bottle)

Me me!!!
happy.gif

Looking at ard 17 bottles --
1) Jowinbaby (2 bottles)
2) Xuelyn ( 1 bottle)
3) Jess (2 bottles)
4) Loveangel/Pris (2 bottles)

Thanks!

1) Jowinbaby (2 bottles)
2) Xuelyn ( 1 bottle)
3) Jess (2 bottles)
5) Reddates (2 bottles)

Thanks

1) Jowinbaby (2 bottles)
2) Xuelyn ( 1 bottle)
3) Jess (2 bottles)
5) Reddates (2 bottles)
6) Zachmommy (1 bottle)

btw..how big is one bottle? How much should they take per day?

Thanks

Jappooh,
U going to spree? Got any Desitin cream? Cos my colleague wants to get leh...

If got can let me know how much it is? Or any of you still got left over stock (BN tubes) for sale?

Let me know ya?

Snowger,

i am thinking i wan to spree on desitin cream anot. i let u knw again. i wan to get toothpaste.
anyone interested to get any toothpaste for the kids?

Snowger,

i saw a lady doing spree for destin cream ($18.80 for twin pack) U interested to get? Cos come to think of it i am not getting alot so might join other ppl spree. If u interest let me knw asap.

Hi mummies, been a long time since I logged in. Haven't contributed much to this thread, but I have been reading silently.

Last Saturday, I brought my DS for his last jab and the PD assessed his development. She asked "Can he point to his eyes, ears, mouth etc", and I said no.

"Can he say papa, mama and three other words...", I said, "he can say mama, sometimes, papa...he can say lion (bion)...

Then she started looking worried and asking if he has "strange motor behaviour" like wave his arms constantly...I said "no"...

And then a whole string of other strange questions.

I mean...I think David is probably not catching up with his linguistic milestones...but...

Is that really abnormal? Not being to point to his facial parts at 18 months?

snow, i hv 2 tube of BN desitin cream expiring 12/2010..since zach dun need, i dun mind letting go cheaper inclusive postage for ur fren rather than i throw it away..

ivy
i'd posted last time, but got not much response. So I went ahead to make my own plans. Sorry... But I think Kath or Phyl might want to organise something in June.

Spaghetti
Hello! Haven't heard from you in a long time. As a mother, I would tell you not to worry too much about David's development, maybe he is just doing things in his own time. I'd read that 3 years old is the maximum time for them to develop all the important things. If he is still not developing well by 3 years old, then he has a problem. So don't worry too much. But of course, trust your instinct and consult your doctor.

Hi Jappooh

I'm interested in getting 1 bottle too!

1) Jowinbaby (2 bottles)
2) Xuelyn ( 1 bottle)
3) Jess (2 bottles)
5) Reddates (2 bottles)
6) Zachmommy (1 bottle)
7) Fong2 (1 bottle)

zachmummy,
Let me check with my colleague cos she still got some more spare tubes. The expiry kinda tight for her...

Spaghetti,
Totally agree with Echo.
happy.gif
Every child is different lor. My PD oso did ask me the usual questions abt whether she can talk, how many words she can say... But she din make a fuss abt her developments...

Just to share, my dotter's linguistic skills are quite pathetic but she's learning quite quickly her motor skills (now learning how to self feed - manage to last night but still making a mess). And she can understand instructions well...

So dun worry ya? they still got 1.5 yrs to go to learn all the language skills!

1) Jowinbaby (2 bottles)
2) Xuelyn ( 1 bottle)
3) Jess (2 bottles)
5) Reddates (2 bottles)
6) Zachmommy (2 bottle)
7) Fong2 (1 bottle)

Amended mine to 2bottle.. hehe

Back