(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs


sianz. have one confirmed case of H1N1 in sg liao. tink gotta wear back my breathless mask soon. =(

jo
cord banking staff sound so convincing tt its good to store and as a nurse, i've seen a couple of cases where d cells were used for transplantation. d parents didn't store for bb so have to source all over the world to find one suitable one. mayb i check out wif my dr ltr if im free. hehe. ask for opinion. =p

bb fair
anyone gg? =)
 
tara.. usually i put the mashed banana in the bowl already then i whip out my trusty left boob n i squeeze fresh into the bowl. keke.. i did the same with RC w/o milk but now hayden take RC w milk so just add water.
 
santorini,
i'm still latch on my boy... & i hate pumping too!
But when bb starts semi solid, we hav to pump out some BM in order to mix with cereal, for me i think i will only pump once in a day & use that for bb cereal... i guess should be enough bah... not sure too coz my boy havent started semi solid... then rest of the time will continue latch on... but in later stage when bb starts to eat more like having porridge then we can dun feed them cereal anymore rite? in tat case we can continue latch on w/o pumping liao i think...
 
Santorini
I started feeding my girl cereal when she was 5 months, due to poor weight gain. So far, she only gets cereal when I am not with her. When I'm at home and latching, then it's just TBF with no cereal. Anyway, BM is still supposed to make up most of her daily nutrition. So pumped milk & cereal is only when I am away. Once she hits 6 months, I will feed her veg/fruit puree, with no BM. Then I will start giving her semi-solid even when I am around, minimising the need to pump extra. I also hate pumping. Wish I could just latch her on all the time, no need to worry about pump output and all that.
 
iemik0,

if got any updates let me know. My colleague was saying since Cordlife is licensed by MOH accredit, should be fine.

iris,
thanks!

Jess,
i think i will still continue with the pneumococal jab since already started.
 
keke.. and i will do it infront of hayden and show him his mummy milking herself!! wahaha...

eh.. what i do is only suitable for MAD mummies..
 
phyl,
hand squeeze? not pain meh?

iemik0,
yeah if got update pls let me know too, i already paid full for 10yrs liao... sigh, if any 风吹草动 (anything happen) then all my money gone liao!

jo,
i will still continue la since already started but once a mth i guess too hectic for daniell bah coz he cried like hell when pneumo jab is given.. PD said more painful compared to 5 or 6 in 1 jab... actually tat time i didnt want to start giving pneumo jab so early one but my elder boy is in nursery then i tot better to giv as early as possible as a kind of protection...

TAKA sales
starts tomolo & member will get additional 10% off, seems like a lot of good deal on household thing ler...
 
Ladies who are going to the 2nd Kindermusik trial this Sunday, I am sorry to inform u that the class is cancelled as I cant find another replacement for tamms and I think Rachel cant join us since Jordan is not feeling well.

So till now, I only got 10 persons. I have tried to ask Oct n Nov mums but no one replied. Guess we got to cancel it or postpone to another date.

I am really very upset. I am the one who organise it yet my daughter dun have a chance to go. For those who have transfer $ to me, please PM me ur account n I will tranfer back to u soon.

Now I got to call Kindermusik to put my daughter on waiting list ba.
 
Good news!

I dun have to cancel the Kindermusik trial this Sunday. I can process with 10 bb but the cost will be $25.50 (usual price), no more discount.

So for those who are going, r u ok with paying full price instead of the discount price? If yes, we can still go. If any1 want to back out then I got to cancel liao. Please let me know soon. Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion.
 
phy..
u smash banana for hayden.. my dad let my clarice suck banana.. Zzz and she loves it.. when i saw it. i was like Hmmmmmmm -_____-" she suck n suck by bitting bits of flesh off. hahaha and it was too low till we decided to smash it.. my mum have given her payaya also!

iemik0
ask you ah.. my gal now still got mild cough and running nose and med finish liao. im thinking should i go back to see doc or maybe wait 1 or 2 weeks which that day she need to give injection. and that time see she can injection or maybe give med again. haiz. this week purpose to give her injection i think must drag liao .
 
jes,

i also signed up for the 10 yrs plan, but i remember checking with them and they advised that that if i want to terminate half way, they will revert the charges to yearly charges and refund you the unused portion back.

so can still terminate and get the balance back if you want.

I am also interested to see how this cordlife thing playout....i know it's banned in several countries and there are a lot of controversies surrounding it...but IVF also started out with alot of controversies and today is largely accepted ....after many many years...so we never know....
 
santorini,
oh really? can get the money back w/o penalty ar? anyway i will see how it goes 1st laa.. not going to do anything at this point of time...
 
fabbie
hmm. is she recovering? if so den can observe 1 or 2 daes. if still coughing n having flu, bring back to pd for assessment again. jabs to be given 2wks ltr, afta she has fully recovered.
 
oh had a msg from rachel.. jordan has been discharge! yeah!

emik0
she slightly recovering lor. but sitll got cough and running nose.. MILd only. she 28th may should inject. i last monday then see PD. so you think when should i bring her go see ah? doc also say must push 2 weeks later. i also duno what to do. haiz. when she breathe i can hear abit stuck in her nose.. and when i try to clear for her. theres nothing inside. -____-
 
Iemik0, he always agreed to see marriage counsellor only when after his relapse. I guess he can't control himself too whenever it acts up.

Then next day, he will say no need to see, waste money, waste time. Hence up till now, have not even started seeing one.

I also suspected stocks may be another attribute factor which may aggravate his conditions. I talked until my mouth dry, he still very hook to it. I guess its very addictive, just like gambling, taking drugs etc

Regarding MCYS, i had a face-to-face talk with the MCYS social worker three weeks ago. She told me that if hubby is really suffering from mental condition, it will not be effective for him to see her, cos she is not a certified counsellor (they only attended short courses for counselling)

She advised me to find a certified counsellor instead. From there, the certified counsellor will let me know if he needs to see a psychiatrist or requires medication or not.

Not sure if he's really stress of not, cos sometimes i feel that he seemed to have over abused using the word "stress".

Eg: Whenever he noticed water inside the water pitcher is low, he told me that he felt very stress. When i asked him to help me wash pump equipment (once - twice a week), he told me that he felt very stressed up when washing it.

So far never heard from him that he felt stress when sleeping, eating, watching TV, playing computer games etc.
 
Fong2,
ME! ME! ME! my ger will pull her head above the playpen to peek at us then she will do the munching action with no sound... so cute! Is it normal? I forgot to ask my PD last nite!

Jes,
Talk abt crying... Everytime I go PD, I hear the kids scream so much, I wonder how much medicine goes into their lungs... I was quite worried each time my ger sick and I really pray very hard my ger won't ever ever need to use it!

Solids:
I am waiting to feed more than just rice cereal and roots to my ger! :p 2 more weeks to 6mths... after tat can give her fruits n veg n even meat/fish!!! *Yeah!!!*
 
aiyo.. ikea $25 highchair OOS till mid july!! the $65 one only few pcs left at tampiness branch.. sooo far away.. sigh, thk i will make do w my bumbo seat

heh, my boy makes munching action all e time when we eat leh.. so cute. then my mil tt day went to let him taste orange *faintz* & told me he gave a crunched up face -__-

lavendery,
possible to get e counsellor to do hse visit? then ur hubby cant give so much excuses nt to go already..
 
snowger,
regarding how much medicines will they inhale while crying... i also asked my PD before and he said can one wor coz no matter how they cry they will still need to pause & 换气 & that's when they inhale in...
 
snowger ah... hayden will scream his head off.. but a bit bo bian lor.. if he nv inhale the medi i also cannot do much liao. its damn sianz la..

bur, Dr Foo closed from 1st jun to 7th jun.. i so scared hayden sick.. dunno where to bring him!!
 
tara, I pump 3x a day (twice in office and once before I go to bed).. usually the milk that I expressed in office will be used to mix with his cereal. I will pour all into his milk bottle and put into the warmer - I mix 7 teaspoon of rice cereal with about 60ml of BM.. the remaining BM i will use it to feed him 1.5hr later - which means the remaining BM will be in the warmer all the time and after using the 60ml for cereal, 1.5hr later he will hv his full feed of the remaining BM. Hope i make sense..but i ever did wat Phyl did, freshly squeeze from my breast..haha. so far i never use frozen BM to mix wif cereal leh..

I wanted so much to breastfeed till Zach turn 1 but these few days the moment i start pumping,my phone rings and I m being summoned up to meet my boss! N i onie get to pump like 8 - 10minutes onie.. sigh!
 
Phyl y not try to administer the neubiliser when they are asleep? When they are awake, I hold the mouth piece for her instead of strapping it over their head. Eh I rented the compress air unit home and I think they find the rumbling noise calming cos I didnt have much retaliation back then.
 
i m still working from home.. still sick.. damn.. never recover n still need to work...

Wah gals..
i saw all the solid feeding post n thinking why this mummy here.. stubbornly only start her daughter when she is on exact 6 months old.. haha..somemore she already join the 1st tooth club..

When i start feeding her with solid.. i guess i will post umpteens questions.. haha.. please bear with me for asking the same questions as above again hor..

me too busy to read the above.. event starting on friday... i m going SIAO!!
 
christine, hayden doesnt like foreign objects!! i rented the machine too.. the startup noise can startle him so i have to endure his screams lor.. bo bian... sianz
 
hehehe.... i noe wat u mean. Initially I used thick thick blanket to cover the unit when I switched it on. Subsequently I didnt cover it and after the initial startle, she can fall back into lala land. Try it lah.
 
hi mummies!

i'm new here. been following the thread for quite sometime, just that i never got round to registering (so couldn't post).

i have a little boy, due dec 08 but he decided that nov was a better time to make his appearance. lol

would love to join in this discussion forum. :D
 
kukido,

would like to have u to join us this Sunday, 10am at Kindermusik at Tanglin Mall. 45 min session of sing n dance with our bb. Hehe... If u r interested, please PM me ur contact, ur name, ur bb name n ur bb date of birth asap. Thanks.
 
Hello Mommies!!!!

Bb Jordan has been discharged today!! Hehe i guess Fabbie, ypg, Marilyn n Jes hv basically shared what happened to my Lil Jordan liao..but i really wana thank all of you for ur concern and warmth you have provided me!
happy.gif


Sigh..after this incident, i hv truly realized the importance of health..before giving birth to Jordan, i didn't think anything really matters..

Jordan is now sleeping peacefully in his cot bed....we are finally home...to our home sweet home. I hope he will not rmb what the doc and nurses did to him while they were poking needles into his little right palm..Jordan was brought to a room where they inserted the needles into him...as i wasn't allowed to enter the room i could only stand helplessly outside the door..i could hear my son's screaming and cryings and yet i couldn't do anything...anything but to cry...my heart was really wrenched and i didn't think i would ever forget this ordeal..im sure every mom would feel for me...my precious son was suffering and yet i couldn't do anything!
 
rachel
happy ya home! hehe so did you ask doc what causes it? is he totally recover? alot of med to take mah?
 
Fabbie,
Started to let baby clarice sucked banana but won't u worried the risk of choking ? I bought the teething feeder http://www.sassybaby.com/product?productid=68&product=Teething%20Feeder for my bb coz it seem like can help to reduce risk of choking but not yet used. Plan to try it when bb reach 6 mths +.
Just started to intro fruit purees like banana and papaya for my bb a week ago, he likes it very much, once finished the puree still sreaming for more…haha..

rachel,
Glad to know baby Jordan is back home and wish to meet both of u in Kindermusik trial this Sunday.
happy.gif
 
morning ladies...

my bb starts to do worm and commando crawl!
jialat, cannot leave him for a minute liao!

his kor-kor likes to "bully" him.. always likes to take things from bb zee..
i see headache coming my way very soon..
 
morning ladies

fabbie
is zy beta todae? if by fri nite still same, den bring to dr on sat.

lavendery
simple tings he also feel stress ah? mayb can try wat acht suggest. get counsellor to go to ur place n don inform him before hand. so he cant 'escape' or else, it will b never ending.

dee
jayzon likes to bully kayson also. kayson's toys he keep snatching away from hmi. veri noti.
 
Rachel, jia you jia you... heart wrenching but inevitable.. =)

Dee.. i bought the desitin out!! will mail it today! kekekee.... hayden leopard crawls keke

Little rabbit.. oh.. i din see this version of the feeder b4.. where did u get it? its real handy to put grapes in it.. the version i saw was just the mesh without the cup..

chris, hayden gotta be on the neb for another 3days... sianz.. last nite he cried until he turned purple.. but this morn, he was better.. keke.. my new trick is let him suck his paci!! keke.. hope tonite wont be a nitemare!

2ndbaby, chris and whoever's bb on nebuliser b4 - do you know that a neb machine costs abt $200 ONLY?? zzzz.. the earn so much from rental.. me going to post at WTB a neb machine! kekeke...

medical bills- hubby last nite told me that i buy so many plans for hayden also waste time one.. zzz.. coz this month alone, his PD bill is $500+ liao! not incl this sat's review... zzzzzz.. can buy LV liao lor.. i go holiday also can liao...

i realised i din really overspend on toys this month.. but i'm poorer than usual.. so found the culprit liao! keke.. but next month my CDA will be v rich to pay for his jabs! i know after reading the IAN story hor, everyone scared of jabs liao.. but i wanna ask- ANYONE going to give the TAMIFLU jab when bb is 6mths? its recommended for babies 6-24mths n caregivers of babies less than 24mths.. thinking of jabbing myself, hubby, MIL, nanny n hayden...

sorry i damn lor soh today.. keke
 


phyl,

wat is this Tamiflu jab? How many jabs in total?

Ladies,

I am very worried now. My mum is going to have a surgery to remove her womb cause too many fibroid inside n keep growing. Anyone know anything about this? Is this surgery dangerous? My mum is 51 this year. Me very worried. The doctor quote her $10k. From the amount, I feel that this is a major op so cant help worrying.

I cant lose my mum. We have been 相依为命 for quite long b4 my hubby come into the picture.
 

Back
Top