(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

fabbie,
paiseh ya din jio last time coz i paiseh to ask my fren to buy so many mah, some ppl dun like one... hehe! i'll ask him again, but got to see if he's going to london again or not in short period... will let u know ya!

mayelynn,
to me the bottle warmer not heavy, but a bit 'fat
lor compared to those 0.5L themos flask...

ivy,
i got a bottle a bio-oil in case u want... i got my mum to buy from m'sia when she came over to do my confinement last month but i'm too lazy to use... still sitting in my drawer, hehe!

Gerry,
wah, so good ur gal can sleep at such long interval at nite... envy!!! how much u giv her for last feed? EBM or latch on??

i am back frm my pd..well..as wat jes mentioned it is tear duct block...c..i told my hb..n he dun believe me..jes, ya, pd also ask me to massage his nose bridge btw the eyes..no med..abt feeding interval, my boi slp abt 4-5hrs at nite..he is drinking 140ml now n sometimes he dun finish the milk..he will push the teats to one side of the mouth..he is weighing at 5.7kg at week 7 n week 6 he is at 4.8kg..wah..he put on so much..teats, i am still using avent teat no 1, when i need to change? When he drink milk, still got the milk flow out the side of mouth..

gill
thanx.. hehe.. =)

jowin
pd say 4oz too much? my boi same wt as ur ger.when he warded, dr order to give 100ml 3hrly but i alwaz give him 120ml den dr oso nv say cannot. juz let mi feed. hehe.

ivy
ur bb drink alot wor. now 6++kg le ah? same case as my niece. she 2mths older dan my boi n is now 9+kg. drink abts 6-8oz every 3hrs. she veri obese n don look like bb at all.

feedin interval
my boi used to drink 120ml fm every 4hrs b4 he is sick. now every 2-3hrs will cry for milk le. tink time to increase his intake. previously every 4hrs, onli drink 60ml but now finish all. haiz. babies..

Ivy,

How big is ur boy at birth? How long he been on the FM? Also, how u feed him? Based on a schedule or he ask for milk then u feed? Cause some bb is feeding to comfort himself. All these will affect bb milk intake. Cause I also think ur bb really drink too much for a 7 weeks old bb. Paiseh if I make u worried.

Fabbie
ur friend still looking for the mim sling carrier? i have and thinking of letting go. i only bought it two days ago. it is sateen material and navy blue colour. baby cries everytime i put him inside. decided not to buy any carrier liao. i bought at $48. u ask her how much she willing to pay.

ladies..
my boi 7 weeks, drink every 2-2.5 hours. I have been giving him 90 or sometimes 120.
At night, sometimes I let him latch on..
Am I giving him too much? He cant tahan for 3 hours leh.. very strange.. even if I feed him 120 he can only tahan 2.5 hours than he hungry again.

He also wake up every 1 hour haiz.. make me stress.
But at night, he can sleep longer, for this I Thank God, I can sleep a little bit longer.

hi iemiko
she said my baby at 7 weeks at 5.6kg , shd be drinking 25oz a day, which is about 90-100ml per feed. So i m giving her at 100ml now.. usually i give her up to 120ml lor..sometimes she can finish, sometimes cannot.

my bb was laughing in his sleep! haha.. so cute! :p

oh, the saline seemed to work.. bb no more snorting!

have a good rest, mommies!
happy.gif

Morning Ladies
Now I know why I was so damn tired the last few days.....my period came this morning. Luckily it came before CNY, otherwise will be so troublesome!

Change of teats
Ok, now my baby is getting use to the 3 holes teats (avent bottle) and no more side leakage when he drinks. However, his intake is still very low and according to his weight for a 2mth12days old baby, he should be drinking at least 800ml a day. Yesterday he only drank 650ml and I notice that he is sleeeping a lot. Like a single feed of 120ml can last him 5 hours. Getting a little worried here, anyone with similar experience?

Hi gals,

currently my boy weigh 4.75kg. PD say can increase his intake to 120ml but i increase till 100ml 1st from 90ml. His feeding interval quite near lei. In the day like every 2 hrs. During nite 3 or 4 hrs. Maybe really need to increase till 120ml and look at teh interval again.

Hi gals,

who brought the facial cream for bb? I went kiddy palace dun see the facial cream lei only saw the baby cream. That is for body is it?

When can i get the facial cream?

Jappooh,
the name of the Sebamed cream is Protective Facial Cream (50ml). I bought from KiddyPalace Toapayoh..they had plenty then..

Puppies,
No worries =) hope it works for your baby too.

Dee: PM you the contact already. BTW how does the saline thingy work for his snuffles?

Jappooh... what is the facial cream for? milk spots? if yes, pls let me know the brand. I am interested too!!

Luthadel: My boy intake also cut down from 800+ to 600+ but he doesn't sleep that much. In fact, he has more awake time now. My mum just said.. babies are like that. Just like you, sometimes you eat more sometimes less. I also changed the teat size from slow to medium flow but not much of change. I will be seeing pd on wednesday. Will let you know out come.

jappoh, u can get from the facial cream from watsons. but not all watsons carry that. watsons is selling cheaper cos it has 20% now.

Jess..

I latch-on all the time... More convenient... Too lazy to pump and warm milk up.. I only give my girl bottle when I go out without her.. If I go out with her, then I also latch-on outside..

So i really have no idea exactly how much she drinks in a day.. so long as she is contended and growing well.. I'm happy.. I think we should focus more on the baby when feeding rather than how much.. watever the pd says is usually a guideline... just like no 2 persons eat the same amount... bb are the same.. if ur baby hungry, feed.. if they dun want milk.. dun force either... ur bb will let u know what they want..

Hi gill,

i go kiddy palace CCk but cant find it.

Mini,

thanks i will go and take a look. Today i just apply California Calendula Cream for my baby. Will monitor and see have improvement anot.

bunnipet,
the Sebamed Proective Facial Cream i wan to try to see can the clear reddness on my baby face anot cos the PD say he has eczema.

bunnipet,
a bath at nite helps for fussy babies?? maybe i shd try it too...my boy has been super cranky & fussy the last few nites starting fm 6plus he can go on & on till 9plus..really exhausted all methods..even keep letting him latch on also no use...

actually i wanted to start giving bb bath a nite, then hope to do a bit if bb massage before he sleeps...but i tot cannt bath bb so late at nite??

Baby Massage
anybody doing tt for bb? i want to but cant find a suitable time to do it...the time where bb is most calm is after his feed...but cant be after feeding him i massage his tummy rite..not good mah..

puppies, u're welcome
happy.gif

If i'm on latch on, how do i koe if i'm feeding too much or too little?? As I mention above, these few days BB has been super cranky & fussy...end up most of the time i'll be letting him latch on at short interval like every hr.....He used to be able to sleep for abt 3 to even 4 hrs at nite..but these few nites 2 hrs he wake up liao. Daytimes worse..yesterday fm lunchtime till nitetime refuse to sleep!!! only short 1/2hr naps then wake up...

& he will push my nipple out, which i tot he full liao. i'll try to put it in again which he smiles
happy.gif
so i tot okie full liao. then the moment i start to change his position, he cries again!!! & give him my breast again he will carry on suckle....super tired..

pastillies..
I bath my boi as late as 10pm. Just make sure the water is nicely warm. I put about slightly pass 40 degrees. Then close all windows and doors lor. Usually.. I will be sweating after his bath! hahaha! Sometimes if he is in a good mood, he will let me put his baby lotion slowly.. so I take that as a little massage lor.

Jappooh.. oic. so it is not for milk spot. Sometimes.. he gets some redness but goes off after I apply some egozite so I just leave it lor.

Finally got time to post! M back at my hometown since Wed night.. Zach went for his echo-thing test on Wednesday. It was a long long wait..sigh. Dr confirm he has a 5mm hole in his heart which he say is normal and most bb will have it and ask us to come back when he is 6months time to see if the hole closes up or not. Really praying hard that it will.

When at home, he is very cranky. Suspect that he knows that it is a different house different room. I totally do not have time to pump at all. He used to be able to sleep from 8pm to abt 1am or 2am but these 2 nights, 11pm he still crying. I totally drained out!! and he really wakes up every 2 hours for feed which last time he dun. I do not think it is growth spurt but more for comfort and the sake of familiarity. He also dun want to sleep in his cot - cry like very scared. So end up sleeping with us in the small queen size bed & he takes up so much space cos he sleep with his hands wide open!

My parents got so sian with his crankiness, they went n purchased a yao lan todae. Now he is in his yao lan but need someone to be there else he will start his engine liao..

Going crazy soon..thought come back can rest, but even worse than in SG!!

pastillies
i do for my baby when i play with her. everyday do lor. sometimes before feeding also do. Once i put her on bed i will do.. and these days she got alot wind coming out! Im so impress! hahaha its good to massage the wind out. just use your palm and massage her tummy to down.
\
kath
he likes the yaolan mah? i heard that some babies got a hole in the heart. even now like 7 or 8 yrs old my frds daughter also have. but hopefully zach's heart hole will be close. =)

Sean Lau photoshoot

hi mummies im from the aug thread. im trying to gather mummies for this photoshoot to get a better price...anyone interested?

the package must be used in the month of Feb.

http://www.seanlau.com/Home/Index.html

Classic Baby
$238

2 hours of studio session
5 pictures printed on 5”x7”
1 reprint on 8’x12” with framing
DVD with selected images in high resolution

If can gather:
10 mummies - $208
20 mummies - $188

Extra cost:
- Above price is for weekday only, for weekend photoshoot please add $35
- To include parent please add $25 per person (u can still get to have a photo shot of your baby on her/his own and a photo shot of the whole family as well)

mummies interested in photoshoot pls indicate interest:
1. babyemma
2. catherine
3. twin stars
4. Nini(diorly)

or please email me at [email protected]

Emeraldbride
my baby also has hole in the heart. his is in the upper chamber. i think about 5mm from some angles and 2mm from other angles. doc says the size is small-moderate. same thing, nothing to do except wait til he's older. dr says 5 years for it to close otherwise it will stay with baby forever.
Wonder if i shd get second opinion? coz my doc says it;s a 1% chance and didnt say it is common. which dr are u seeing at kk? i am seeing dr chan kit yee at singapore baby and child, also a pd cardiologist.

jess..how much will you sell me the bio-oil..would like to try.

my baby has been mixed feeding since birth..at birth he weighs 3kg and now at 7weeks is 6kg.doc did says that it is quite a lot...but if i feed lesser he will cry...his is having 180ml every 4hrs or more....

juz finished pumping... very sian, dunno why my boy like tat... already fed him 100ml of FM at 1.30am but 3.45am he screaming for milk again, why no milk can last him longer?? already been 7wks, every 2hrs at nite, i'm very tired!!!... wanna let him cry but he really scream until voice-less, very scary so i giv in but latch him for few mins only coz he juz vomitted in my bed at 10pm+ feedin, so dun wan to latch him on for too long scared overfeed him then later vomit again... very tired! now still hav to pump out the excess...

ivy,
can sell u $13.50 but how to pass to u? i stay in sengkang...

jes, same here!! My boy also drink every 2 hours and I tell u, his timing is very accurate. Never missed the 2 hr mark. Usually he will start fussing 15minutes earlier. Hahaha..

Fabbie, Zach loves the yao lan. My hb let him sleep in it from 12am..and I carried him to his cot after his 2am feed. He cried for a while and then he fell asleep on his own. Is good cos now I m training him to fall asleep on his own again. He cries for attention but after a while he will sleep on his own liao.

Yesterday oso mark the first time we fed him with FM. Gave him 100ml but he onie finish 70ml. My mom ask us to prepare a more diluted milk so that his tummy can take it..so is more like BM.

Fabbie, saw the forum thread u posted. ACtually u can take nice shots of Clarice and then create the photobook urself. Is mch cheaper and u can arrange the photos the way u want.

kath
its lazy that making me not to do it. lol just like the calendar also. lolx but i wont go for the family shots that made to a book. that one seems not nice to me when i look at it. hahha and its not suit my baby so young ^^ But thanks! will do 1 calendar when im super free haha

Wah.. yaolan really helps so much huh!. but im just scare my gal will get use of shaking then at the end of the day when we are outside im the one got to shake her to sleep -___-

Fabbie, yao lan help to shape his head.. fyi, zach's head abit out of shape cos he sleep one sided all the time. I dun shake the yao lan leh..let him sleep..he feel snuggled lor..can sleep better. Mood oso better. Hahah

kath
mine also sleep side way leh.. but head didnt out of shape wor. i still canont accpet my gal to sleep yaolan hahah im very sensitive of the shaking. lolx

dee, my PD prescribe the same nasal spray for my ger too, i've got to spray her at least once every nite, then her nose wld be clear.

Any mommies using playtex drop-in bt? got any comment on it, i currently using B-free plus, wanted to change cause it's troublesome to wash, so many parts... my ger gg infant care in march, dun noe if the ctr find it too bothersome..

Sian.. my right breast milk factory decided to stop working for CNY n produce only less than 30ml of milk.. the whole group of milk workers group together to rest and lump up... ARGH!!!

Super pain when i massage.. whole afternoon already still like tat... parentcraft also close liao...

Hope no fever for this CNY....

I already every latching baby every 2 hrs to clear the lump....n keep pumping ... still no use

Just went to polyclinic for my bb hep B 2nd dose. Piang to needle is so long! I keep asking the nurse did she use the wrong syringe. It looks so long that it looks like can poke thru to the other side of my bb thigh leh. His face turn red when poke like Gek Sai. But after that heng he never cry. He weigh 5.4kg at 7wks+. Is it normal? They also never say anything...

jowin,
poor thing. Why not go KK 24hr women clinic? No queue one..Have to press really hard on the lump jialat jialat n pump to clear it. Going to be very painful but that can help clear it. Hope you get cured soon
happy.gif

sebamed facial cream
I bought it at Jurong Point Kiddy Palace. You can call the outlet if they still have it.

fabbie, u look at Zach's passport photo. Very obvious his head is out of shape (OOS). All that seen him oso commented. Make me so sian..

Juz now while we are having dinner, Zach suddenly started giggling..so funny!! With Hee Hee sound summore..He's very cheerful these few days, mabbe cos CNY is approaching and he starts wearing new clothes liao..hahaha

emeraldbride,
i oso dilute the FM coz when 1st time i gave my boy FM, he vomitted all after drinking, then 2nd time onwards i tried to dilute it... but one thing hor dunno why ler he always vommit after taking FM... also, since there is no improvement after taking FM i will let him stop after finishing the small tin & try to continue TBF...

btw, i heard if we drink DOM then baby will sleep longer wor (maybe they mabuk bahh), any BF-ing mummies still taking DOM??

ah bur,
did u have to suck out any excess after spraying the mist on bb's nose? how often u use it ah?

jes,
i think bb will sleep longer.. i could still recall during confinement, bb actually slept much longer lah..
but it's alcohol leh.. how ah?

dee,
actually i dun take alcohol at all but in order to let my baby sleeps longer i dun mind to giv it a try... wahahaa, think i'm crazy liao... !!! how ah? should i try this method?? actually is it harmful to baby?

kath..
aiya should video it down ah!! so cute de leh when they laff hahhaa.. is it? i didnt notice it i tout he his head was slanted abit. mine always sleep one side right and left. didnt have this problem yet wor. *touch wood*

Back