(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

I just bought a very cheap test kit from Unity, only $7.40. Tested also double lines. So I guess I really pregnant. Thinking maybe wait until 7 or 8weeks then go see my gyn. Cos I dun want go too ealy and need to do a vaginal scan, prefer a tummy scan. :p

Past few days i having sleeping problems. Toss and turn for very long. Mayb it's bcos my back is aching, and my breast very tender. Feeling very uncomfortable, so not easy to fall asleep.

Hi Luthadel..
tell me about it. But you are rite, I think my mum prefers it that way. I suppose it is also close to my hubby's workplace too.

It is true that you need to be comfortable with the gyne. He is ok lah but too popular. Too many patients. He is quite patient though and nice to allow me to have email access to him. I was recommended to him by a friend (midwife). I swapped gyne after my 1st miscarriage.

Firstbaby, my midwife friend was telling me that in the 1st trimester, cannot get away from V-scan leh. I also dun like it. But watch on tele that it is always a tummy scan (understandably for filming purpose). But worse still, can see many many things and heartbeat when the mum is only 4 weeks pregnant. geez...........
Anyways, I think 6 weeks should be nice to see the sac and hopefully some fetal heart beat.

Hey NovDec... congrats! BTW.. when is your last period? Is this your first pregnancy too? I had sleeping problems too. Not really backache but tummy cramps. Breast not that tender though. Wat about the rest of you ladies? Now I just feel tired especially in the pm. Nothing much other than that.

Hi Jemik0

Welcome and congrats!!

NovDec,
It is better to go early just to ensure that yours is a uterine pregnancy and not ectopic. Also the gynae may give you folic acid and other supplements to boost the growth of the embryo.

6 wks should be able to see the yolk sac but again it depends on the growth of your baby
happy.gif

OMG OMG… I vomited just now but nothing came out, only gas.. think my stomach is too bloated.. gonna die from it.. I think.. haha

Hi Bunnipet,

Thank for your recommendation of the website.Very informative indeed.
happy.gif

Hi LuthAdel,
For my case, I am supposed to be in my 6th week but my sac suggested that it was only in 5.5wks.. my gynae say it nothing alarming as i dont have a 28 days menstruation cycle before
happy.gif

hi mummies,

I have 2 boxes of Lansinoh milkbags (25pcs) going for sale at $12 each. Self-collection at Simei (anytime) / town area (weekends). Interested parties pls pm me.

Welcome Iemiko!!

Wow Shirley.. sounds like hormones are increasing rapidly. Good for you!! I still don't really have much s/s other than cramps. Getting a bit worried. Wanted to see dr earlier cos first scan is on 7th week. But he is away on conference so quite sian also. Anyway hubby tells me to be patient and don't worry so much. Trust God to look after the baby.

BTW I started on ANMUM to boost the calcium. My MIL so funny wanted to buy mango flavor for me to drink. Hmmmm... I thought chocolate is milky enough, can't imagine mango milky drink. Fortunately, hubby advised her to just get me the choco type. Apparently, it is cheaper in M'sia.

hi bunnipet

thanx =)

is anmum nice? wanted to try for my 1st preg but end up taking fresh milk. hehe.

iemik0..
it is very milky lor. Not chocolatey taste like milo. I also drink fresh milk / Hi-Lo sort. But cos it is cold, it worsens my cramps at times. So I try to avoid it lor..

BTW... is there any particular food that pple are avoiding cos not good pregnancy? I was trying to figure out about the fishes with high mercury contents but I can't match them cos they are in English and I dunno what is the chinese names.

oic. mayb i get sample 1st. if nt, waste one tin of milk powder. hehe.

for my 1st pregnancy, elders told mi to avoid raw food, crabs, delmonte bananas, cucumbers, mutton, green bean soup, coconuts (till d laz mth of preg), watermelon, pineapple n all d 'liang' stuff. even eggs hav to be hard boiled or scrambled. no half-boiled egg. =(

as for fishes would be swordfish, shark n mackerel.

but i do still take shark fin when i attend weddings. cant resist. =p

Hi Ladies,

Simpsons
Hahha we are the reverse. I was supposed to be only 5.5wks when I did my scan but my scan shows that I'm 6wks3days.

I've been drinking the powder Anmum since I know I am pregnant. The taste is ok but a little thick. I only take the chocolate flavour as I can't stand vanilla :p

iemik0
I was warn by my previous gynae to avoid process meat like hotdogs, sausages, hams luncheon meat etc as they contain Nitrate with is bad for the developing embryo.

Also, fruits/dessert to avoid are aloe vera, barley, green beans, papaya, watermelon. cos they may induce miscarriage.

Hi bunnipet, thanks, my last period on 27th Feb. This is my 2nd pregnancy, i have a 20 months boy. Now breast not so sore and back not so ache as last week.

LuthAdel, i will try to call my gyn to make appointment soon. As it may take 2 weeks in advance to book him. Now i taking folic acid which i got from pharmacy. Thinking of buying the similac milk powder for preg to try. My last time pregnancy i took Enfamama choco favour.

Food to avoid during pregnancy are:
Uncooked seafood, beef or poultry.
Fish that contain high levels of mercury eg shark,swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish.
Raw shellfish, oysters, clams and mussels.
Raw Eggs, any foods that contain raw eggs shd be avoided.
Soft Cheeses
Caffeine
Alcohol
Unwashed Vegetables

Hi Ladies..

thanks for the food advice!! Geez... I din no cannot eat papaya. I love that. Sob sob! So many yummy food that I like too esp half boiled egg.
Any idea about red bean soup. My mum also mentioned no melon sorts like old cucumber soup, winter melon or radish soup. Geez..

Today, my cramps subsided but not sure is it cos of the hot weather but I am feeling giddy. Dun have MS but somehow dun really wanna eat lunch when I see the food.

Oh.. I am so itchy for the scan!! anyone else had their scan done?

Hi mummies / mummies-to-be

I have the following up for sale:

1)Disposable maternity panties - 2 pkts (5 pcs in each pack)

2)Palmer's nursing cream - used once (comes with 4 pcs of disposable breastpads)

3)Herbal bath - 10 pkts (2 sachets in each pack)

4)BN Pigeon wide neck milk bottle

5)10 pcs of Pigeon Breastpads

Interested pls email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Hi Ladies, went for scan today. Can see sac. LuthAdel, at first was so scared of v scan. Reali not painful as u mentioned. Gonna c Dr Chan in 2 wks time.

Hi Firstbaby...

V scan is also dependent on the gyne. Dr Chan must be really gentle and talked you thru it. I had V scan done by several gyne before and had one really bad experience.

Anyways.. anybody else having MS besides Shirley?
This AM while I was brushing my teeth, I started retching but there after I was fine.

Shirley..

pat pat.. hugz!! At least it is a nice reminder that you are pregnant!!! Sometimes, I keep wondering, am I pregnant? How come the signs and symptoms so little? So quite worried and then scan only next week so more!

Hi All,

Firstbaby
Glad you felt ok
happy.gif
Dr. Chan is not very chatty but you can feel that she really cares. I'm seeing her in 1 wk.

Shirley,
Wah, whole day sickness ...that must be really tough for you.

I'm having queasy stomach for quite a while now but still not vomitting and my breast really hurts! I'm down with flu and cough so can you imagine...queasy tummy + flu + cough = MISERY!
However, each time I feel queasy I'll tell myself that baby is doing well...so I don't mind the little discomfort.

Also, my hunger pangs are becoming more frequent like hungry every 2 hours. Also, need to wake up in the middle of the night to pee. Anyone with that symptom?

Ya same LuthAdel,

Feel hungry easily and if I dun get to eat, I will vomit again and will also get up at least once in the nite to pee. Guess that's nomal rite?

I think so.

Wah, now my nose all stuffed up, very irritating.

I tried to take smaller portion (afraid to put on too much weight) but cannot make it. The feeling of hunger on queasy stomach just make me more sicky.

So, now i keep stock of bottle baby food like applesauce, fruit medley as my snack :p

Hi,

Everyone i'm new here just tested BFP, i also have those queasy stomach wanted to vomit but nothings comes out. Tml will be seeing my gynae.

Will update tml.

hi mummies

mi currently on 3hrly feeding. hungry veri easily. hehe. kip lots of snacks in my bag so i can juz snack anytime i wan. kekez.

mi too waking frequently at nite juz to pee. den afta tt, hav prob sleeping. haiz.

do any of u hav frequent dreams at nite now tt u're pregnant?

bunnipet, its normal to hav little signs n symptoms. i din hav MS at all for my 1st pregnancy. end up, i gained more dan 18kg for d whole 3 trimester. =(

Congrats 1stbaby!

Bunnipet n LuthAdel, Ya. She is not the chatty type. Told her my concern of pain for v scan, she did it gently.

U ladies have MS and WS, me having NS. Only when it comes to night time, I reali felt nauseas.

Hi 1st baby.. hehe.. we have the same nick.

Me having my 2nd bb. Today saw gynae. Have to wait another 2 wks for EDD.

Hi All

Warm welcome 1stBaby and hahaha 2ndBB, finally you changed your nick!.

I'm resting at home now for my flu. Don't know why, I usually feels very hungry in the morning but this morning, I don't feel like eating at all. Only drank a cup of AnMum.

checkin checkin...

how is usually morning sickness like.. do u gals literally vomit food out or just feel like vomitting, n most of the time it is like just liquid stuffs??

Iemiko.. Thanks for your comfort. You are rite, although I dun have MS, I do have cravings..Hmm better watch my weight! I do find that it switches very quickly. For example, for lunch, I wanted to eat sushi then when I walked to the sushi teh, I din want to eat it anymore. So tot of eating tom yum noodles. Then within 5 minutes.. wanted to eat beef burger instead. It is so terrible. Luckily, I was alone. If not, hubby would have strangled me!! keke!

Welcome 1st baby!!When's your EDD? Or last period?

Joy: I only retch once. Nothing came out. Thereafter.. I went on my merry way eating again! arhh...

when did u first started to have nasaeous spell..

i wish so much that i could join u for the Dec happiness... *crossing my fingers*

i almost had vomittin spell every other day.. n usually after dinner i will vomit (n tat's wen some yakky stuffs came out), apart from that every time the naseaous is only feel like vomitting.. i m only in my CD 21. i duno if i would get the confirmation so soon.. i just started to try this month, and hav been really hardworking.. haha..

Hi bunnipet,

This morning just saw my gynea EDD on NOV, now 6week already and able to heard BB heartbeat so happy.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi mummies,

Im from march mummy, selling 1pkt Nepia NB diaper, used 4pcs left 56pcs asking for $13. Keen parties can sms me at 91466419. Due to cant fit my gal. Thanks.</font>

1st baby... congrats!! Wah you are making me so itchy for my scan on monday. Are you still having morning sickness?

Last night, I started having "night sickness". No appetite to eat. Then still force feed. Thereafter, feel very very unwell. Wanna puke and kept retching. Today feeling better.

bunnipet ya my MS kick in already no appetite to eat. very hungry but cant even finish my meal, and getting very tired

Hi all

1stbaby
Wah, can hear heartbeat!!! Must be really nice to see the little flicker on the screen! I can't wait for my scan on 17Apr. Still having lots of jitters and worried that I cannot see anything.

I've been sickly since tuesday, not only from the flu but my whole body just feel sooooooo tired and want to sleep.

Back at work today but felt quasiness a lot more than usual, still not vomiting but burping a lot. Can't wait to get over 1st trimester
happy.gif

Hi all,

I also tested pregnant last week on HPT but with faint line. Quite anxious and went to see doc on the 4th Apr but the doc say cant see the sac.
sad.gif

He say maybe early ard 4 weeks or it can be ectopic and I did the HCG blood test which came back at 331.

My LMP is on 26th Feb but I think I ovulated late around 19th March.

These few days I tested on HPT again and the line grow darker each 2 days.

Tmr gg to see gynae again..so scared...is it normal not to see sac in 4 wk?

hi all,

i already 12 days overdue my AF ... but i tested negative on the PTK leh .. how arh?? should i test again after few days?

btw, my nipples tend to itch now and then .. is it one of the pregnancy symptoms?

Hi Merydith, I am at 5 wks when I saw the sac.

Longan, u may wan test again or c gynae. I tested 5 days after I missed my period, and it showed positive. Then I tested again after 10 days, showed positive too.

Welcome aboard Merydith!!
I went to see my gyne at 4 week and he din scan cos he said cannot see anything so I suppose it is normal not to see sac. My LMP is also 26th feb.
But certainly HCG 331 looks better than mine! Mine was 106. Keep positive!

Longan: Are you a regular? If yes, maybe you could try in another 2 days. Meanwhile, be careful yeah!
Start taking folic acid!!

1stbaby and Luthadel,
my MIL so funny. She said if you wanna vomit then vomit it out. You will feel better. Then I told her.. err.. you think I have a button to press and hey presto it would come out meh?
She suggest I go see dr cos not eating. haha!! She very funny.. even if I am sleeping, she'll wake me up just to eat. Eating to her more impt than me resting. BTW, we live together.

Back