(2008/11) November 2008

Sean Lau photoshoot

hi mummies im from the aug thread. im trying to gather mummies for this photoshoot to get a better price...anyone interested?

the package can be used from newborn to 1 year old ( no time restriction to the month of Feb)

http://www.seanlau.com/Home/Index.html

Classic Baby
$238

2 hours of studio session
5 pictures printed on 5”x7”
1 reprint on 8’x12” with framing
DVD with selected images in high resolution

If can gather:
10 mummies - $208
20 mummies - $188

Extra cost:
- Above price is for weekday only, for weekend photoshoot please add $35
- To include parent please add $25 per person (u can still get to have a photo shot of your baby on her/his own and a photo shot of the whole family as well)

please email me at [email protected]

wow, i didn't know we can start baby on cereal so soon!! quite exciting..does that mean they wont be taking milk as often or as much? i am so clueless on how to introduce semi-solids to baby..

agnes,
my baby can sometimes last even 7-8 hours at night. now she normally has her last feed between 730pm-930pm and lasts all e way till bout 6 or 7am.

haru: so sad leh
sad.gif
seems i always miss u at gathering.

pamela: errr, will be v v v difficult for me to go anywhere & meet u guys in future cos all my free time will be spent doing stuff for my babies. in fact, i'm already thinking abt how to ask my boss for 3 days leave next mth for their jabs & check-ups.

kash: poor thing! i think u really need full time help. really recommend u go to alibaba's agency. whatever u do, don't go to JPB this time.

krystel: really take my hat off to u, bringing baby for chun dao he pan. i think i will not attempt tt for at least anor 3 yrs.

olwen,
dun worry, think we can try to make such gatherings a regular thing. nice to be able to meet up and share with other mummies since all our babies are around e same age. => in fact, this is the first time i will be meeting with e mummies.

Agnes:
You have to check if your baby is gaining sufficient weight, poo and pee well, sleep well, etc. If it continues, you may juz want to bring your baby for a check juz to be sure.

Average weight gain should be abt 20-35g per day. Its average as some days they will gain more, some days they will not gain at all.

Kash:
Maid is a lucky draw kind of thing. You may need to change a few until you get a good one. But when you get a good one, it will really make your life easier. I managed to do all the CNY reunion meals and visiting as per normal (3 meals over weekend, 2 days of visiting). Even had time to play mahjong on CNY eve, Day 1 and Day 2. Baby is well and fine.

haru: Yes, actually 4 months can start on wholegrain cereal mix into milk, i am also new to this so wld also love to hear mummies how they go abt doing it...

agnes, mine bibi also can go without milk for long intervals now. Abt 6-8hrs each time. But, i cant explain why they are eating less.. as long as weight gain is regular, should be ok. hope tis helps!
happy.gif

haru, CC, how old are ur babies? mine is turning 3 mths on the last day of tis mth. so still hav another 1 mth to intro semi-solids, must start reading up liao. I hear some mummies buy grinding machines liao...

sometimes i also wonder if my baby is gaining enough weight. e next time i see PD is only in mid Feb so i am not sure how i should go about weighing baby.

mummyzeal,
my baby will be 11 weeks tom. => i think i would have to do some research on introducing semi-solids too.

Hi all, lst time posting here.
My baby gal is also born in nov 2008.
I was wondering if i shld shave my baby gal hair when she is 4 month old. But i m quite reluctant to shave her hair as some of my fren's baby took a year for their baby hair to grow back.

mummy: my baby turned 3 months 2 days ago. I was told can start on wholegrain cereal oredi...v. interesting, so wondering if any experienced mothers here have done it b4..

fifi,

even wif maid, i wont let maid touch my kids, so no difference to me. Juz that my #1 is really terrible. she screamed the moment we were walking towards my relative's house. No one can talk to her, she juz scream and cry and cling onto me. Everytime is mummy mummy carry... i go toilet also must bring her in. But after abt 15 mins, she settled down and started to play by herself. Howevre, she bullied her cousins so hiaz... very embarrassing for me as well... I really dunno what to do to her... maybe really need a Super Nanny! She is really terrible. My aunt doesnt believe my mum as she is also looking after her toddler grandson...she wonders how bad can it be....until she met my gal during CNY... she finally believes...my gal is terrible. It's really strange... she wasn't like this a few mths back leh... very smilely and friendly... these 2 mths she juz changed. Now feeding her meals also headache...keep spitting out her porridge or rice or anythging.... sometimes, cooked until very xin ku, she can refused to eat. Just my luck....

snnowy,

at least ur gal so guai outside...mine is a monster at home as well as outside. She is really in terrible 2. I juz hope it is juz terrible 2... and will not progress to terrible 3. I read that terrible 2 actually starts as early as 18 mths... so my gal although still 20 mths now... is definitely in terrible 2.

olwen,

can u pm me the agency contact? i call and find out more...

cc

suggest u wait till 4 mths. A good brand to begin with is Heinz or Healthy Times cereal. Remember to try 1 food at a time...

vincy

have u decided what to do with the maid? even without the incident with your daughter, she is already dishonest abt the phone bill thingy.... no point keeping. wah u so nice to your maid? So nice she also dishonest.... hiaz... dunno what to say hor...u must feel very betrayed?

Date : 3rd Feb
Time : 2pm
Exact Spot : Starbucks

1) kash & bb (any dates, any location as long as it is in town)
2) Joyce alone (any dates)
3) Sabre & bb
4) kare2711 & bb (10th Feb)
5) Babyzel (w or w/o bb)(any dates)
6) Mummyzeal & bb (any dates, prefer Vivo)
7) Brocoli alone
8) Amooks alone
9) Bear alone (prefers 3rd or 5th, any location)
10)haru & bb (prefers 3rd, Vivo)
11) Happy & bb
12) Vincy (prefer 3 ot 5, 10 start work liao
13) jenn & bb(5th, any location)
14) minkybear alone w/o baby (all dates are ok with me.
15) Pam & maybe bb (all locations, all dates ok)
16) alibaba (3rd Feb)

ps : where is starbucks? is it near mothercare etc area?

e starbucks is actually e one near singtel at an ulu corner..nearer to harbourfront side.

my mum said can try unpolished rice n grind/blend to intro as semi-solid..not sure tho..

haru,

i dunno where is it leh.... which carpark should i go towards? then which level etc? give me directions hor coz I really have no idea where is it... i guess starbucks cannot call to reserve rite?

I think starbucks is near the road that entrance but on the 2nd floor. Near the walkway which links from harbourfront.

If starbucks too full, you all can try the restaurants on the ground floor near the sea. Possibly can find a place that can fit all of you.

I wont be able to join in so enjoy yourselves ok.

Sabre,
Ya, agree.. sucking pacifier is better than on thumb. After some thought I decided to let go... I gave 'permission' to my mum to give pacifier to my gal if realli can't calm her down.
I'm not ashamed of not having aligned teeth. But hor, they r realli t effect of pacifier lor.

Bear,
My MIL gave pacifier to my gal yest. I was damn furious at first. But aft some thought and advises from frenz, i decided to let go liao.
My gal hor.. can cry until my mum's neighbour came over 2 chk out wats wrong. She say she close door also can hear her cry!

Hi Mummies

Happy Niu Year
happy.gif
Really tired with all the traveling and visiting, a lot of strangers carried my bb and he dun mind at all.

Very tempted to bring bb to the outing since so many mummies bringing bb, will see how.

Haru
Will i get to see u and Heidi in church for 2nd service at the foyer this Sunday?

Olwen
Maybe we can visit u for the next outing, then u dun have to worry abt the logistics. We can also take a combine photo of all the November babies
happy.gif
Shd be very interesting to see all the babies photo at different stages.

Lilian
My neighbour, 4 floors above us, also said they can hear my baby cry. Everything from crying to burping to farting, all amplified.

Kash
The Sean Lau photography seems like a good deal, have you check out the website? He used to charge $1000, dunno why drop price liao, times are really bad.

Hi all so the gathering is confirmed on 3rd feb in vivo right at 2pm?
Hi Olwen hope you coping well with your babies must really be a handful.
happy.gif
bt hang in there k we probably get to see you n your babies soon when they are slightly older.
Fifi, wat Gap spree can enlighten me? me too tired to go over all the old post.

minkybear:
Gap got 25% off for the "final sale" items. But offer ends 29th Jan 2009. So if want muz hurry.

Re: pacifier
I refuse to give. I asked my LC and she adviced not to allow pacifier no matter what. She say fingers hor, slowly teach. Anyway, they suck abit will stop de. Pacifier, they wont let go. True enough, my gal will suck her fingers for a while only then take out herself. Furthermore, no need to keep picking up pacifier.

Re: Photography
I dunno if this Sean Lau is really good. But the offer I got from the photographer I asked seems better. $150 for 45 mins photo. All soft copy back. Sean's seem like only 6 pics only.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MUMMIES!!!

How's everyone doing? I have stopped breastfeeding le and very very tired during this festive period...

I hope everyone is coping well...

Muack, take care ya?

Auggybear

hi fifi n mummyzeal

thks for the replies! I will monitor him for a few days n see if it improves. if nt, will prolly bring him to the doc. I was thinking..if it culd b due to the frequent outings of late. somehow, I think it affected his sleep in a way.

lovedogs,
i usually just park at B1 or B2 via the carpark entrance nearest to harbourfront. then take lift to 1st flr and walk towards La Senza and turn right at the end..hope this helps! i've only been to that starbucks once so i hope i remember how to get there too.haha..

Lilian,
i was really against pacifier too but really couldnt calm baby down at times so gave in when she was about 6 weeks.

brocoli,
yup! i usually go for 2nd service at the foyer. you going too?? =D

Fifi,
my baby seems to enjoy sucking her hand (thats right, not just one finger but her whole hand!). hubby and i decided that if she prefers that to pacifier we will let her suck her hand instead. coz easier to wean off..hahah..wonder if its a good theory!

Sean Lau photoshoot “15 mummies already”

hi mummies im from the aug thread. im trying to gather mummies for this photoshoot to get a better price...anyone interested?

the package can be used from newborn to 1 year old ( no time restriction to the month of Feb)

http://www.seanlau.com/Home/Index.html

Classic Baby
Original price $238

2 hours of studio session
5 pictures printed on 5”x7”
1 reprint on 8’x12” with framing
DVD with selected images in high resolution

If can gather:
10 mummies - $208
20 mummies - $188

Extra cost:
- Above price is for weekday only, for weekend photoshoot please add $35
- To include parent please add $25 per person (u can still get to have a photo shot of your baby on her/his own and a photo shot of the whole family as well)

mummies interested in photoshoot pls email me at [email protected]

hi mummies,

I m using nepia & mamy poko diapers and encountered back flow of bb's poo on numerous occasions... ended up having to change bb out of stained clothes. wondering if any mummies out there had this problem too? any idea why there's a back flow? is it due to the size of the diaper (too small for bb)?

thanks!

Re: Pacifier or finger sucking

Saw some thread talking about paci or finger...so just some personal experience to share.

When young, my elder sis was so addicted to pacifier that my mum refuse to let me have paci...so i end up thumb sucking and guess till how old? very paiseh, i only wean off when I was Primary 3!!!! My sis has nice straight teeth despite her addiction...but i got crooked teeth due to thumb sucking lor...need to wear braces to correct it

Tried not to give my gal paci...but very difficult lor..cos she need sucking to calm her down to sleep...so end up i decided to give her paci...i think it will be easier to wean off then finger sucking..cos u can throw paci away but you cant chop away fingers...my mum tried all means to make me wean off like wrapping masking tape on my thumb, but also no use...i still pop the thumb into my mouth haha...the reason why i wean off is cos i was going for a camp at P3 and too paishe to suck infront of class mates so i wean it off lor..

i asked a number of frens, all gave pacifier...but they told me only gave her during sleeping time and not when she cry for no reason ...One fren said suggest weaning off when kid is older like 1 yr plus, when they more 懂事..for her she used going to zoo as a bait to entice her son to quit paci...she said if too young may need to use cold turkey treatment, endure crying for a few days during that period...but some frens said their bb wean off quite easily...so i guess it really all depends on bb

Fifi, my bibi's whole hand is in her mouth liao :p

ohh, so haru's one is 11 weeks, mine is 12wks in tmr and CC's one is 12 wks +3days. looks like CC will lead the way with feeding semi-solids! keep us in the loop, i am excited abt starting!
happy.gif

hi mousemouse

yes, I had this prob b4. was using huggies S for my boy. the back was too low n thus, poo flowed out. I switched to Huggies M n everything is ok now. I guess it culd b due to the design of the diaper as well as the size. you mite wanna try a different brand altogether. hope this helps.

Hi mummmies,
Happy CNY!! Sorry I'm so late, cause been busy these few days. I'm going to stop bf liao, due to some personal reasons. Been trying bottle feeding with my boy these few days. Tried Avent, tollyjoy teats, but he don't really like it. So went to get NUK bottles today and finally he seem to be happy with it! Guess its quite similar to nipple shape ba..

Lilian,
I tried giving my boy pacifier just now, cause he keep moving his mouth doing the sucking motion after I feed him bottle. I don't want him to latch on, cause i think its just comfort feeding, so gave him the pacifier. Luckily he took it and suck suck a while den fall asleep. But after he sleep, he will auto spit out the pacifier de. Guess you can try removing the pacifer when baby is in deep sleep too. Use it only to make them sleep or when they really fuss too much ba..

mousemouse,
I'm using mamy poko now. Previously was using Huggies, but because the cutting is too small, although he is already wearing M, so i switch to mamy poko. Sometimes I do experience some urine leak out also, but think should be due to I didn't wear it properly for him ba, will monitor again..

Re:feeding semi-solids,
didn't know we can feed them at 4 months, but I'm looking forward to it!!!! Hope to hear stories from mummies soon...

btw I'm using mamy poko M for my boy now, but the cutting around his thigh is still abit tight leh... But switching to L seems a bit kua zhang now right?? He's only 6kg only leh.. Guess he got fat thighs lor...

My bb loves to watch disney channel and will stare at the TV as though he understands the cartoons. Hope he dun become a TV addict. He also likes the mobile and fisher forest playmat and can entertain him for quite a while. I also noticed that he falls asleep more easily this week, usually 5 mins after his feed. I guess the toys and cartoons must have wear him out, hehe.

Haru
Will go look for u this Sunday
happy.gif

Sabre
My bb is 7kg and is still using mamypoko S leh, curious to see ur bb's thigh, hehe.

Re: Pacifier
I give pacifier but my bb dun fancy. Also keeps dropping out and i dun have the patience to hold for him so he is sucking his hand, fingers and my arm. I guess whatever we choose fingers or pacifier, except for bedtime, we still need to moderate by distracting them.

Kash,
Could your gal be having separation anxiety? That why she always want mummy to carry cos she's scare.

At the same time, she is feeling insecure because of a new arrival too. My Gal 17 months is also into terrible 2 stage, finding every apportunity to disturb bb. Worse, whenever bb cries and I need to pick bb up, she will start crying for attention too and wants me to carry. It was until someone pointed out to me she is insecure then I started to give her some responsibility as a jiejie and rope her in to help.

For example, after I changed bb, I will passed the soiled diaper to her and tell her "Jiejie, can you throw away for meimei. thank you" and give her a muack on her cheek. she will guai guai throw for me. When bb cries, i will tell her, bb dun know how to walk so need mummy to carry. Next time she know how to walk by herself liao, thenn I carry you ok. She will let me go and carry her.

I only started a few days back and find that she is accomodating well to this method so you may want to give it a try. However I'm having the same eating problem as your gal. Everything also chew and spite out. In the end, I have to mop the floor all over again. And I'm very concern cos she is not eating properly and not much intake too.

Haru,
I remember you latched your bb on totally before gg back to work. Now that you have introduced bottle, is she ok with it? My bb is partially latch-on, an partially on bottle. But these few days, she rejects bottle totally and only wants to be latched on.

Olwen,
Dun worry, maybe the next gathering, we can make it at your hse and we just order pizza. Btw, I cant bring an active toddler and a bb out by myself. So far, only managed to bring both together to the playground downstair. I'm staying at Serangoon north too.
happy.gif

Sabre,
So long bb is growing and healthy, be it BM or FM. In my times there is only FM and people are all so familiar with S26. It was only these few years then ppl started talking about breastfeeding.

Can I check the teat you are giving is NUK Latex or Silicone? I'm giving silicone teat but gg to be like peanut. fighting war at each drinking session liao.

Re. Pacifer
Thks for all t replies and suggestions
happy.gif

Seems like quite a no. of mummies r giving pacifier.

Re. Diapers
Using Pampers, Nepia and Drypers now.
Have backflow (urine) problem with Nepia.

Hi mummies good morning
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Olwen,snnowy</font>
I wan to meet up with your bbs too. Olwen's pl is near my in-laws. We can fix a date to meetup ya?

<font color="0000ff">snnowy</font>
Ya I also get my elder boy to help and participate in taking care of bb, like U. So far he helps, sometimes if his mood is bad.. he refused. Can U try give bottle when yr gal is very hungry? Try another teat like Nuk silicone teat? Warm up the teat a little by pouring warm water over it? Maybe can help your gal to accept the bottle more readily?

<font color="0000ff">Sabre</font>
Good already cos U have at least tbf yr boy for almost 3mths. Yr boy already have a good start in life
happy.gif

Gathering
Actually I think going to someone's place is really a good idea. More relaxed and no need to put up with strangers' stares. Furthermore, nursing or changing of diapers can be done easily. I'm all for it.
happy.gif

Finger sucking
Okay, this is weird. Or maybe my girl's slow
sad.gif
but her finger sucking never really 'matures'. I won't say she's sucking. It looks like she's licking her hand. And after a few seconds, she usually stops. I think my girl doesn't know how to self-soothe
sad.gif

Date : 3rd Feb(Tues)
Time : 2pm
Exact Spot : Starbucks

1) kash &amp; bb (any dates, any location as long as it is in town)
2) Joyce alone (any dates)
3) Sabre &amp; bb
4) kare2711 &amp; bb (10th Feb)
5) Babyzel (w or w/o bb)(any dates)
6) Mummyzeal &amp; bb (any dates, prefer Vivo)
7) Brocoli alone
8) Amooks alone
9) Bear alone (prefers 3rd or 5th, any location)
10)haru &amp; bb (prefers 3rd, Vivo)
11) Happy &amp; bb
12) Vincy (prefer 3 ot 5, 10 start work liao
13) jenn &amp; bb(5th, any location)
14) minkybear alone w/o baby (all dates are ok with me.
15) Pam &amp; maybe bb (all locations, all dates ok)
16) alibaba (3rd Feb)
17) bluebear &amp; bb (any day ok)

<font color="0000ff">Kash</font>
Am I too late too to join in? Thanks for organising
happy.gif

Karen:
My daughter's finger sucking started that way too... Licking for a while then stop.

Re: Diapers
Poo backflow. Its coz of the angle that we are carrying baby when she poo (esp the feeding angle). So once I notice she poo, I will sit her upright (with my support of coz) or else let her lie down. Then wont backflow le.

Re: Diapers
Agnes Lim, Sabre, Lilian
Thanks :) Think will try switching him to a bigger size and monitor again... but not sure abt the brand as i encountered the same problem with both nepia and mamy poko. isn't mamy poko supposed to hv a poo poo pocket that helps to contain the poo? doesn't seems to really help leh...

Gathering..I also feel if go someone place more relax with baby.hee

Kash, We pamper her alot cause she was really intelligent as a new &amp; young maid in spore, fast learner, housework fast &amp; clean no need supervision &amp; reminding, memory very good &amp; lots of initiative, attitude also very good. She also handle Vera very well, Bring her out she can handle both my kids while I relax n enjoy myself.

She lighten our bundle till the dishonest act happened. Base on the positive side I am giving her one chance, at the meantime source for a CC for my elder girl as next alternative. Maid I feel either they are stupid or clever overall can never be trusted.

Happy New Year!

Re: thumb / pacifier
my boi oso put his whole hand into his mouth.Not awhile but suck till he sleeps.So I give pacifier instead.
Personally,I do agreed with bluefairy.Pacifier can wean off easiler than thumb.Paisei to say, :p I was addicted to pacifier till almost 7YO.But i dun realli hv any crooked teeth.heee
I tink thumb will do more harm.My cousin's who suck thumb had 'ugly deformed' thumb.Cos he loves sucking n biting his nails even till nw.

RE: Diapers
I am using nepia, goo'n &amp; huggies dry.
So far onli huggies give me leaking prob.

snnowy,kash,
My gal oso giv me big headache! She fuss so much tat i feel like giving her a slap at times.
Previously it might be terrible 2 but she is nw 3yo! Still fuss,cry, scream or disturb bb.Keep wanting attention.
When she is good mood,she participates to take care of didi too.Bad mood, will wake bb up,beat him or kick him... haiz

snnowy,
Is your gal having 'food war'??
When my gal around 16mths old,she refused everything thing except milk.There is a period she onli wants to milk,bread or biscuits.Reject any food.

Im using huggies dry nw...it has a neat-fit design. Im tryin out huggies dry comfort tat has a super leak-lock system. will feedback once I start to use it.

Back