(2008/11) November 2008

oh gathering oh.... i guess i can only make it on the 3rd Feb. becos i start work on the 5th feb... Most probably be going alone
happy.gif
or else i have to bring maid along wor.. see majority prefer which date bah
happy.gif

Joyce,
Yup, think 2 is enough for me liao. How many u planning to have? 4 arh? keke...

Bear,
My gal takes BM and a feed of FM. So far she ok, no cracked lips leh. I don't give water. If she dun poo for several days then i give a feed of gripe water thats all.

Haru,
Once in a while my bb also cry very badly when i latch her on. She will push herself away. so sad, but glad to say she will be ok on latching on for next feed. Maybe that feed, she's just cranky.

Bear,
my gal takes bm. Her lips sligthly dry. occasionally have this blister on the top lip.. which the skin will fall off after a day or two. I dun give her water so far.

Date : 3rd Feb or 5th feb or 10 Feb
Time : 2pm

1) kash & bb (any dates, any location as long as it is in town)
2) Joyce alone (any dates)
3) Sabre & bb
4) kare2711 & bb (10th Feb)
5) Babyzel (w or w/o bb)(any dates)
6) Mummyzeal & bb (any dates, prefer Vivo)
7) Brocoli alone
8) Amooks alone
9) Bear alone (prefers 3rd or 5th, any location)
10)haru & bb (prefers 3rd, Vivo)
11) Happy & bb
12) Vincy (prefer 3 ot 5, 10 start work liao
13) jenn & bb(5th, any location)

*sob-sob*. Was hoping to meet up wz all the mommies here. Unfortunately my #2 is being quarantined due to HFMD. The 2-wks quarantine starts from today. Of all the times to kena HFMD must be now. Haiz... There goes my visitation plans for CNY.

Jo
As mentioned i've also tried everything i can but nothing works.. worst thing is she like getting smarter and smarter so more difficult in tricking her liao.. guess it's jus suay luck our bbs dun seem to like milk. Now already 130am and i'm stil online cos i'm searching thru e forum re. other posts on fussing during feeds hoping to get some useful advises.. Guess wat, conclusion is - wait for them to get ready for semi-solids.. QUite a no. of mommies having same problem as us mentioned their bbs feeding problems improves after adding cereals in milk -_-"

Lip Blister
My girl also has. But from what I read, it's normal for bfed babies. Can get a lot of information about that on the net.

yepp, my lil one also has Lip Blister.. but it goes off and on, jus like yoyosan's. my mil says pat water on her lips.. i die die use milk instead of water
happy.gif

haru, initially buckle wrongly so seatbelt also too short for infant seat. but now after adjusting its ok. i find the new seatbelts v short.. wats ur car-make?

Dymples, sorry to hear abt ur #2.. hope u're coping fine. wats the cause for hmfd? do share wif us.

krystel, if u stay near cck i can give u a lift for the gathering. bring bibi out more then will get used to it one.. slowly build confidence
happy.gif

hey ladies wassup?

kittybride: *wave*! didn't know u were pregnant too. must have been after Jenn & i collected the stuff from u last. when u doing a spree again?
happy.gif

kash: yah lor. old me got to go back to work in 4 days time. otherwise the bank's GM will probably tell me not to come back at all. i tell u, i had to really fight for this extra 4 weeks. they r super not happy to have to give it to me. really take my hat off to u, how u cope w only part time?

dymples: oh no! pls take good care. hfmd not laughing matter. but she actually has HFMD or just waiting to see if caught it?

mummyzeal,
my car is Kia. worst come to worst i have to put carseat in front seat..but not long term solution.

haru, must make sure front seat dun hav safty airbag yar? if hav airbag cannt put in front.. mm, or u try to tilt the infant seat so it takes less of the belt? mine looks a bit slanted when its secured.

Mummy,
Actually I also dun know e actual cause for HFMD. Juz know tat it's a viral infection, is extremely contagious and is generally transmitted from 1 child to another thru either direct contact or indirect contact like sneezing, coughing, or saliva left on toys, etc.

Olwen,
Actually we suspect it's HFMD cos my gal's CC teacher called us yesterday to bring her home during lunch time after they discovered 4 small ulcers on her lower lip. Was thinking to bring her to doc today to confirm. But when we check this morning, the ulcers no more liaoz. Now wondering if the ulcers are cause by Heaty foods instead. Hhmmmmm....

Vincy,
Wow!! Yur gals cheeks so chubby. So cute leh. Makes me feel like pinching them. Heheh.... Nice nice...

Haru,
Is yur bb car seat those tat need the seat belt to 'wrap' around? Maybe can try threading the car seat thru the bottom instead?

Bear,
Janessa does not hv cracked lips. Maybe cos I do give her a little water to drink especially on hot days. If she's thirsty, she take it. If not, she'll use her tongue to push the bottle nipple out.

Hi Mommies,

I am new to this forum and am a 1st time mommy. I have been reading some of your posts & have learnt so much!!!

My bb girl was born 18 Nov n is now coming 10 wks old. She is on TBF (darn tiring.. sometimes reaaally feel like giving up)

Is the meeting in Feb open to all moms? Would you mind if I join?
I really hope to share experiences & learn from everyone here!

Hope to meet up with you guys =)
Oh and GONG XI FA CAI!

Pam

Happie Chinese New Year Mummies!!!

pamela, welcome!! u are doing great with tbf so keep up e gd work, jia you! of course u are welcome to join us =)

Thanks so much 4 the encouragement! =))

Can't wait to meet all the mommies here!
Please count me in your meet up then -- i am ok with any location/date.. still on maternity leave =)

Will most prob bring Kaitlyn, my baby girl, along.

welcome pamela,
sure, the more the merrier!!

Dymples and mummy,
i am not sure too. will try to figure out a way to somehow secure it.

Re: BF
now my baby seems to like to latch on both breasts for each feed. i latch her on for about 20 mins on one side and she will whine after that so i give her about 10 mins after that. dun mind also la, just take it as a way to stimulate more supply. haha..

Like to ask your for opinion.

Received HP bill found that there are 19calls make to indonesia & some international sms on diff ocassion. I ask my maid, she say not her, 2nd time ask her again, she say no again super sincere.

Ask her give me the no. she call home. N found that she is the one using the phone. The HP is always keep in bag, that mean she actually dig into my bag n use the phone. That show that she cannot be trusted.

If were u, will yr stil keep her? Work & attitude wise she was good.

Yesterday my elder gal complainted that my maid beat her. slap her face very pain. I ask my maid she say never, I still believe her word that she never beat her...But now I doubt so, she can tell lie till so sincere n child dont lie.

Pam,
Welcome! Good to meet more mummies n learn from one another.

Vincy,
Ur maid like quite dishonest. If the number reflected on ur bill is the same as her indo no then already proved she lied to u, cannot be trusted Liao.

1) kash & bb (any dates, any location as long as it is in town)
3) Sabre & bb
4) kare2711 & bb (10th Feb)
6) Mummyzeal & bb (any dates, prefer Vivo)
7) Brocoli alone
8) Amooks (u bringing bb or not?)
9) Bear alone (prefers 3rd or 5th)
10)haru & bb
11) Happy & bb
13) jenn & bb(5th, any location)
14) minkybear alone w/o baby (all dates are ok with me.

hey haru also going??? somebody take pix of her & show me leh. or better still, take pix of all of u & keep me posted.

dymples, what bad luck for poor janelle. but it's a tedious process i tell u. ignatius had hfmd 2 years ago & kena quarantined for 10 days. luckily was quite a mild case. u got to get doc to certify tt she's not infectious anymore before she can go back.

minkybear: long time no see!

hi pamela: nice to meet u. pity i can't join the outing cos i starting work on 4th day of CNY.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

<font color="ff0000">Happy Chinese New Year to all the Nov08 thread Mummies
happy.gif
May all of us have a healthy and happy year ahead</font>
happy.gif

Hi Mummies!!

Wishing all of u a Happy Chinese New Year and may all our babies grow up healthily and be a good boy / girl!! ^^

Happy Chinese new Year mummies!! may the new year be a year full of prosperity and most of all health for our darling and family!!

Olwen,
yup, i should be going with my baby for the gathering.

Hello Mummies, Happy Chinese New Year!

Haru, thanks for the encouragement.
happy.gif

Mummy (Zeal), thanks so much for offering. *touch* i stay at AMK. Will it be convenient? Don't worry if it is too much of a hassle, dun wan to trouble you too much too as you are bringing your baby as well.

Went to "Chun Dao He Pan" today but din manage to go in since it is before 6 pm. Baby stayed awake most of the time since pm but fuss at night after tt ... maybe too stimulated le.

Btw, mummy (zeal), juz realised you are staying at CCK and not YCK. That's too far from AMK le. Don't worry, thanks so much for offering.

hey Olwen, I am sure there will be more chances for all mommies here to meet... good luck with your 1st day at work after the maternity leave! I am really half-dreading the day I need to report back to work. Sigh..

Vincy: I am more concerned about the incident that your daughter said the maid slapped her but she denied! How can!? what if she vents on your kid again?!! You are right- It would be hard to trust her again. I have a maid too, but her 1st priority is to take care of the bb. so even if her house work is good, but I dont feel as if I can leave my baby in her care, I would let her go. Perhaps you can show your maid the bill and give her a chance to admit to it or explain?

Hope this helps.

Ok adding my name to the list. Cant wait to see all the cute babies ( &amp; mommies =D )

1) kash &amp; bb (any dates, any location as long as it is in town)
3) Sabre &amp; bb
4) kare2711 &amp; bb (10th Feb)
6) Mummyzeal &amp; bb (any dates, prefer Vivo)
7) Brocoli alone
8) Amooks (u bringing bb or not?)
9) Bear alone (prefers 3rd or 5th)
10)haru &amp; bb
11) Happy &amp; bb
13) jenn &amp; bb(5th, any location)
15) Pam &amp; maybe bb (all locations, all dates ok)

HAPPY NEW YR TO ALL MUMMIES AND THEIR FAMILIES!! Gong Xi Gong Xi!!

Brought baby out on 1st day of New Yr wow was really tough as people house very crowded and baby nowhere to sleep...my 2nd destination to ah ma house was only 20 mins, in and out we went bcos baby was so grumpy...so sleepy and the house could not find a conducive place for ehr to sleep.

Anyone face the same problem? I have cancelled our 2nd day outing bcos she very tired...

And also tried to put her in carseat she dun like...my dad keep INSISTING i carry her, but i tried explaning to my dad for SAFETY reason he doesn't understand makes me very frustrated..

Happy Chinese New Year to all Mummies! Gong Xi Gong Xi!

Brought bb out yesterday and he kept fussing since afternoon. Think he was too tired as everyone kept trying to wake him just when he falls asleep. Poor thing...

mousemouse : Yes, i think very tough for babies and very noisy too..TV sound, people talking, my baby became very tired &amp; grouchy after hearing all the sounds.

RE: BROWN RICE CEREAL

When is it a good time to start baby on brown rice cereal, and also how much do you mix in baby's milk...?

Happy New Year everyone. I managed to visit all relatives that we had to visit. Never miss out any coz of baby. Alyssa was abit tired on the first day but we managed to let her sleep enough along the way. Minimal fussing from her.
happy.gif

Re: New Sprees
Announcing the long awaited Babymall Spree &amp; GAP final sale spree.

Babymall => 20% discount as usual
GAP => 25% of "final sale" items (offer ends 29th Jan so we muz be quick if we want)

As usual, if interested, pm me so that I can send you the t&amp;c.

cc,
Yah, never had bb fussing so much... Think they are overwhelmed by the attention too...

Re: Brown Rice Cereal
If I am not wrong, think we can start mixing brown rice cereal into bb's milk from 4 mths onwards?

GONG XI FA CAI!!

cc,

did u bring along ur stroller? I push the stroller to relatives' house so juz put bb inside. I think bb din sleep coz too noisy...but he juz laid there by himself...when when made some noise, someone juz go over to talk to him. My problem is with my #1.,.... she is really unbelieveable!! kept crying and screaming... I couldn't stand her. In the end, I did not bring her out of day 2...juz left her with my mum. We brought bb to visit instead. Bb so much easier then a horrible toddler!

cereal is recommended to start from 4th mth onwards and not earlier. I started my #1 that time only at 5th mth.

Vincy

oh dear.... if i encounter such a dishonest maid and the fact that she slapped ur gal, i will send her straight back to the agency...

fifi,

Babymall...does it sell baby first teeth toothpaste as well?

olwen,

yes i am going abit mad being so busy. It got worst on CNY eve when my hb woke up and was vomitting and LS... he kenna bad stomach flu... i had to do EVERYTHING myself... then new part time maid arrived, I had to teach her, and show her where are the things. Had to cook, wash and feed my #1... had to pump milk, feed bb... had to bathe both of them etc.. i was going mad... Only managed to send my #1 over to my mum's at nite... and then decided to leave her there overnight until hb recovers... luckily he recovered today... Hence CNY 1st day i visited my relatives with #1 and #2 by myself! maddness.... luckily my parents were around to help. But I still dun like live-in maids.... hope i am luckier to find a good one next time.

Adding Alibaba...

It seems most pple suggest 3rd or 5th Feb and Vivo... can we confirm that?

Next I need your help to suggest a place in Vivo...I hardly go to vivo so not very sure where is a good place to have coffee...we need a spacious place as there sure will be a couple of strollers
happy.gif

Date : 3rd or 5th Feb
Exact Spot : TBD

1) kash &amp; bb (any dates, any location as long as it is in town)
3) Sabre &amp; bb
4) kare2711 &amp; bb (10th Feb)
6) Mummyzeal &amp; bb (any dates, prefer Vivo)
7) Brocoli alone
8) Amooks alone
9) Bear alone (prefers 3rd or 5th, any location)
10)haru &amp; bb (prefers 3rd, Vivo)
11) Happy &amp; bb
13) jenn &amp; bb(5th, any location)
15) Pam &amp; maybe bb (all locations, all dates ok)
16) alibaba (3rd Feb)

Jenn,

u ok with 3rd Feb?

morning mummies,
me gonna bring baby to mum's place, will feed her first before heading to work.

Re: CNY visiting
pretty easy for me coz my baby was happily lookin around the new places and faces. only cried when she was hungry or sleepy. my baby cried a lil after feeding but when i latch her on again after 20-30 min of feeding already she just sorta never really suckle, just like sucking for comfort..i hope it does become a habit. lucky my MIL never commented that i dun have enough milk. hubby assured me that it cannot be not enough milk as she is pooping (everyday) well and her pee looks clear and she looks happy otherwise. any mummy has the same prob?

lovedogs,
yup, 3rd Feb will be the only date that works for me. There is a quiet starbucks at a corner of vivo if you mummies are keen.

Happy New Year to ALL Mummies and Babies!!

Kash,
My #1 also keep crying and whinny at home. Can you image she really cried until she vomit all her milk and food. However when we bring her out for visiting, she is really well behaved. She will walk around the house, touch things here and there but leave all drinks alone on the coffee table. When ppl see her they all commented she is so well-behaved. Faint right. At home, she is a terror.

Cc,
Same thing happened to my bb... she was so cranky. Kept on crying. I think she was overstimulated - new place n noisy n lotsa pp fussing over her. When we brought her home she was so kuai though. In any case, we were so terrified that we didnt bring her visiting on the 2nd day too! hahah

Kash: yeah the starbucks tt haru suggested should be able to hold 16 mommies &amp; babies (we can join tables). If starbucks is packed, then Marche or Gloria Jeans?

kash: wow didnt expect ur #1 to be noiser than #2 .... surprising... i did not bring stroller, i find ppl hse very cramp like very hard to find space to put things..even stroller, but i tink i should bring down the stroller the next time so no bed can sleep in stroller...gd idea.

pamela: Ya, my Baby come home was all smiles...played with her toys and went to bed. I cancelled my 2nd day outing and called relatives to say i wont be coming bcos baby still not used to used.

I think 0-3 months still very young to bring out may be a great challenge for us, would be esaier after 4-5 months.

pamela,
ya, i think gloria jeans should be fine too. at starbucks there is lotsa open space so we can park our prams too. =P

Happy New Year Mummies

Babyzel only when i show her the bill then she admit is her.

Pamela &amp; Kash..I didnt caught her beating, my gal complaint to me she slap her face, but my maid swear that she didnt do it, she only lighty press or pinch her face to play with her. how true I dont noe.

For me her prioty is do housework. Handling of baby is done by me &amp; mum. She help to carry baby &amp; play with my elder. I would say she is very helpful &amp; fast in her work. I pamper her so much till my hubby complaint I treat maid better then him.

Now I considering to put my elder in CC, then do without a maid.

Brought my 2 princess to pai liang for 2 full day. Surprising both enjoy alot. My elder miss her nap, at night is very cranky,keep waking up in middle of night to cry.

Cereal - I will start when Vera is 4mth n when her head is stable. Cause it take alot of practice might be 2 mth before they actually eat well. If start at 6mth, by the time they take well will be 8 or 9mth.

Cereal - i think i'll start bibi on 4mth also. Do we buy normal brown rice to grind or its already ready to just mix with water, cook and then feed? Can we add fruit juice instead of water? Hee, actually quite excited abt feeding bibi real food! But also scared ma-fan, next time go out gotto bring a lot of barang barang liao.. haha now only bring my breast! :p

Happy Lunar New Year, everyone!

Im new here...in fact, new at a forum.

I have a qn to ask...my boy has been drinking lesser for the past few days. he used to drink 5oz but now, its either 4, 3 or 2.5oz. oso, the interval can stretch up to 9, 7 or 5hrs. can anyone tell me wat went wrong? shld I bring him to the doc? wuld really appreciate some advice.

thanks in adv!

Re: Gap Final Sale spree
Eh, juz realised that the offer ends on 29th Jan 09 (US time). This means I will need to place the order tomorrow night latest. Hence, pls go see what you want first and reply asap when I send out the T&amp;C tonight.

Back