(2008/11) November 2008

Hi Brocoli- the little "star" lor. Cos my friend went to the Philips showrm . wanted to buy the valves. but the staff said eol liao. I need to get the valves cos this little thing will give way after pummpin for sometime

Re: BB photoshoot
I gian to take. But my father say waste money. Can take ourselves. My hubby haven comment yet. The one I am considering is $150 for 45 mins @ 1 location. All photos returned in CD.

merydeith: Ya, I am not sure but could be maybe tilt too low might have to tilt up??

It's quite annoying bcos morningtime flow a lot the milk squirt a lot and goes into tube..i tink have to tilt body up instead of down and the lower the power of pump.

I paranoid of using it liao...

I AM: no charge still under warranty...

babybezel: I thinking of getting a manual pump tp bring out during CNY so no need electric one..so many wires to carry...i dun hv habit of bb latching..

Happywifey, i'm considering bringing EBM out during CNY and then pumping my milk out instead of latching. Whenever i give my bb a bottle, she can be satisfied for about 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours without fussing as compared to the every 1 1/2 hour to 2 hourly latching on and fussing. The only problem with that arrangement is i've to bring many many things out during the visiting period...

My bb pulls and tugs at my nipple during feeding too and she does that when she's stretching while feeding so she takes my nipple along with her in her mouth as she stretches. It hurts a great deal right? Sigh...I've nv felt so abused and used in my life before! hahahaha

Spin,
The avent manual pump " little star" thing gives way easily. After few weeks of usage, the valve will popped and go through the funnel area when i pump till suction quite strong. Been having problem with it. Now i'm down to the last one already.

CC,
If i bring manual one also got to bring another lock&lock box to store it and also to sterilize in with the sterilizing tablet. So troublesome.. and i dun think i can perform well outside. (amt of milk i'll get)

Waterbaby,
My bb also does that. So painful. I think i will bring some EBM, dun bring pump and latch if i feel full at the breast.

haru, babyzel,
hehe, dun envy lar.. actually quite headache too cos freezer got no more space to store liao.

waterbaby,
same here. if latch on bb, she will wanna drink after an hour or so whereas give her ebm can satisfied longer.

Babyzel,
i thought of latching her on after the bottle feed but i'm paranoid of her crying and crying if i stop her from playing with my nipple after she's had her fill. It can get quite stressful especially when we visit elders like my MIL and Grand MIL as they always have a lot to say about why the baby is crying even though i've fed...

Fifi,
hug her tight?? Ok, will try that when i latch her on later. Thanks! You always give me very good tips
happy.gif

Joyce,
ya, my bb wants to latch on about every hour or so, very difficult to bring her out. So far, we've only brought her out to the PD and to MIL's home. We don't dare to venture into the malls yet cos we're so scared we'll have to sit down in some corner every hour to feed her for half hour...what's the point of going out then?

waterbaby n happywifey,
my bb does tt sometimes too, keep pulling away from nipple but mouth keeps opening like looking for nipple so i just keep tryin to give it to her until she stops. doesnt hurt tho,guess my nipples also toughened since i latch most of e time.if she continues i just stop.wonder why she does it too..hmm..

joyce,
actually once i can meet baby demand with a little excess i will b happy already. managed to pump 120ml last week but only 60ml today at work. think also coz of work load. anyway now i only pump once at work since i only work half days for now. n my baby interval is bout 3 hrs.

anyone using e fisher price rocker w calming vibration? just bot one yesterday but my bb still takes awhile to fall asleep. its a tall order gettin her to nap more than 20mins at home now.unless i carry her..my biceps growing liao...haha..

Hihi...

Missing again, busy for 3 week organising BP..heehee.

Bear..sorry i havent done the transfer..still in time bo?

Enne...keep u n boy boy in prayer everyday, must take good care of yrself n stay strong.

Haru..I use the FP take along swing..that is the best remedy for me. Vera love it, swing herself in it to sleep.

fifi..photoU? i wan take but will wait till Vera 6mth when more stable.

BM..i closed shop, after got food poisioning follow by flu bug.

Kash, u sent her back agency liao? no worry not all maid so blur one ok. My fresh indo maid is very intelligent..too clever till i need to guard her, work she is smart & fast. Can u change agency? the agency I use agent fee is $198 n the maid so far quite good, can have 2 exchange. My colleagues n friends all use them. so far good comment.

waterbaby,
same problem with my baby! pulls and tugs and I have to keep pushing my nipple back into her mouth so many times before she is satisfied. tried going out once last weekend and ended up nursing her in the car, felt so stupid
sad.gif

know what u mean about the comments from old folks - i plan to latch and if she is still not satisfied, give her some EBM which i hv been painstakingly trying to stock up cos I dun hv much excess supply, only 20ml after latch
sad.gif

any mummies hv any comments about the osteo massage at biopolis? I hv made an appt with them but abit unsure about the effectiveness. appreciate any feedback thanks!
happy.gif

haru,
i think i hv the same FP bouncer, its blue right? my baby hates it. I am using an electronic swing to try to put her to sleep and even then i hv to carry and rock her for some time before I can put her down, and it used to keep her asleep for abt an hour, but now she wakes up after about 15 mins
sad.gif

FP bouncer,
I am using the boucner now and baby seems to like it alot. It save time to carry and rock him, instead, whenever we placed him in the boucner, he will play himself and when he want to nap, we will simply "shake" it.

My baby had also started to suck his finger, so cute but we are trying to stop him from cultivating this habit.

I only taken photo shoot for baby during his 2nd week. Maybe if there is any promotion, will try to take with family one instead.

Brocoli

is ur freelance photographer good? can provide me his/her contact? thanks

borrowing karen

is ur current maid from myanmar?

fifi,

yes thats the problem if can't communicate lagi more headache. hiaz.... maid is gone now dunno why i feel very relief and lighter...strange

vincy

sure, can email me ur agency's contact information? more options better also...

sorry to intrude... I m a Jul08 mummy and looking to buy a Medela freestyle breast pump from US site addalittlelove.com. Need 2 more orders to go ahead w the spree. If you know of any1 who is looking to buy Medela freestyle or PIS, pls look into this link.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2081856.html?1231999787

My 1st pump is dying and I really want to get a new one from this spree!
... oh, and I am not related to the organiser of the spree, jst a really desparate mummy.

BF is really tiring.. esp when we have to express.
But whenever i am expressing at wee hours.. i always think of you mummies.. and that somewhere out there in some part of SG, at least 1 of you mummies would be awake together wif me.. heehee.. this gives me motivation.. while i look next to me and see the hb snoring away...
happy.gif

haru: i hv that vibrating bouncer...and also the pink netted ones...everyone kept commenting that fisher price one very hot baby dun sit too long in it, my baby likes the netted ones...the fisher price one so ex...i used few times then like white elephant..anyone wanna buy? hehe

merydith: when pumping using medela pump, i was told have to sit 90 degree and not upwards on downwards for better flow...i will see if this works...otherwise might have to buy a manual one..

<font color="ff0066"> Haru</font>,
I also have the FP rocker. Mine is the pink flower one. Janessa likes sitting and napping in it. But I agree wz CC that it can get kinda hot. Need to use in air-con room or when the weather is cooler. But for me, I dun use the battery vibration. Scared BB will become too accustomed to it. Instead, I will manually rock it when BB starts to fuss. So far so good.

<font color="ff0066"> Kash</font>,
I dun recommend using Myanmar maids. Firstly their English is not good. Will have communication probs. Then hor... I know of mommies who have used Myanmar maids B4 and the maids all turned "bonkers" after some time. Gave her lots of heaches and wasted lots of money changing them due to their antics.

<font color="ff00066"> Bear</font>,
Alamak! I missed the cut-off date for the contribution for Enne. Still in time to do it? *pai-seh* Me so caught up settling my maids issue and preparing for CNY till totally forgot abt it. My "To-Do" list is getting longer by the day siah. *faintz*

<font color="ff0066"> BB Update</font>,
Juz brought BB Janessa for her 6-in-1 jab today @ 2-mths. She now weights 5.3kg and is 58cm. The PD said she's abt the 75th percentile.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0066"> Pneumoccocal</font>,
I juz checked wz my PD and he said that the jab costs $192 per jab. If I want BB to take it now... she will require 4 jabs in total. That's nearly $800 in total lah! So ex man!!! Juz wondering any mommies here sending their lil precious for this jab? Anyone knows how much polyclinic charges for this?

I'm in a dilemma whether to let BB take the jab leh. Afterall my 2 older ones din take it and they grow-up ok. But then again... both my older ones go to primary school and chilcare. Dunno what type of germs, virus and bacteria they will "carry" home. So wondering if I should be KS and let BB Janessa take the jab. *scratch head* Appreciate any views on this.

Thanks lots...

Good morning mummies
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Kash</font>
swimming trial is $28/session, sign up package is cheaper.. refer to the website
http://www.babyswimming.com.sg/baby_swimming_program.html

Remember to bring a big bath towel to wrap and dry yr bb after the swim. Also some water/ milk to drink if you are not tbf.

There's no time limit to the swim, bb can swim until tired. Mine cry and whine a little and the Hwa Xia lady said bb is tired so she took bb out of the pool.

<font color="0000ff">Olwen</font>
ya I will sms U. Likely pay U a visit on 3rd day of CNY ok?
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Dymples</font>
Pneumoccocal jab is strongly encouraged for your case then. My #1 had it just two doses from SGH, before I send him to a childcare centre, it pretty costly. Polyclinics do not have the jab so U gotto do it at family GP clinics or PD clinic or hospitals.

<font color="0000ff">Nursing wear</font>
The best are those without zips, buttons. I bought those which can just pull up and nurse. Or U can wear a belly band over your abdomen and use a nursing shawl to cover over yr bb and shoulder when using, like that is not so exposed.

hi mummies,
me havin a fever since last nite will see a doc later. dunno is it coz of my BF coz my breast was feeling quite painful even after pumping/latching. feel like bruised on the top part of one of my breast..

morning mummies,

I'm back.. hahaz~ bought lots of BB clothes, couldn't resist myself =P whew~ managed to bring the BM back to S'pore without much prob.. the milk was still frozen when i reached home =)

haru, it might be breast infection or just purely milk duct.. better to see a doc soon.. hope u will recover soon ya..

olwen, can i go ur place to bai nian too?? hahhazz~ wanna see ur aborable triplets..

brocoli, ur boy is sooo adorable in the pic..

Enne, glad to see tat ur boy is recovering well =) he look so alert in the pic

bluebear,
Yes, my bb loves and swims for 15mins and he swims round and round the tub. Maybe I will buy a big tub for him to swim @ home but not sure where to buy. My hubby found that the tub is dirty and there is hair inside so we din sign up for the package although they claim that they wash the tub daily. Btw, I went to the Plaza Sing branch (beside John Little).

kash,
The trial session in $28 but I had a free trial from Abbott hamper for bb less than 2 mths. I found out too late and brought bb for the swim when he is 2.5mths so need to pay $14 (half price).

Fifi,
Thanks. Guess I dun need as I'm stopping breast feeding when I go back to wk next month. There's no place for me to express in the office.:~

Hello mummies,
Seems like some of us are having problems getting our babies to nap during the day. My bb was the same, only wanted to sleep in my arms so i spent 2 whole weeks vegetating in front of the TV with her napping on my chest. Finally i decided enough was enough and we bought the automated sarong. Since then, she has been napping in it quite happily. The strange thing is, she has no problems sleeping in the play pen at night but she absolutely refused to sleep in the play pen during the day. But the sarong is a real life saver for me, at least now i can do some work.

Yen:
I bought the tub from them and am using it at home. There was a BP on such tubs too. Not sure if still available.

Re: Sensible Lines
Managed to ask if got cheaper price. If we have 10 sets, the price is SGD19.90 per set.

Back