(2008/11) November 2008

meowie,
Me just gotten the details from peachypeach.
You want me to email the details to you? i think she is thinking of the one at singapore shopping centre. Do you have any other place in mind?

amore,

wow, sounds like complicated but luckily all is well
happy.gif
btw, r u back with Dr Chan this round?

hmm.. thanks olwen for the infor.
My boss has a way of making us resign on our own free will... i seen how he did that to other ex colleagues before. scary.

alibaba:
I agree with you. My benefits not that good, pay is also not fantastic, bonus also not fantastic. But I get to go home at 6pm on most days. So that's wad's keeping me here. As a MTB, at least I know I will be able to go home on time and spend the evening and night with my kids.

too bad Bear is not here today. she is like the guru of this thread, always can count on her to give interesting insights on these issues.

lovedogs: she was understanding when i had bleeding cos she had tt before. but when she heard abt the 8 weeks bed-rest then her face changed. luckily i didn't tel her too early. scully give her more time to plan to terminate me before 6 mths. i had some evil thoughts after she spoke to me, wished tt she will have twins or triplets for her next pregnancy then she will kena the same thing cos her boss is also the same kuan as her.
nono.gif

minkybear: so scary. u must be firm then & not get hoodwinked.

amore, pai seh...me blur liao :p sorry abt that. will u still be delivering in glenE this time? who is ur gynae?

olwen,

so ur boss already told u she is not agreeable if ur gynae gives u hospitalisation leave? hiaz... hopes she changes her mind then u dun have to utilize ur AL.... coz u can use ur AL after the 12 weeks ML to get longer leave before returning back to work also...

for my last preg, i work from home most of the time. my ex boss din really bother coz i still produce and no complains from my customers. In fact when i went on ML, customers complained abt the guy who covered me. hahahaa...

meowie,
i'm checking out a studio at singapore shopping centre for the pre-natal pilates class. they hv classes on tues and sat. will keep u posted once i get more info, okie?

haru
i didn't have to pay any deposit at my visit last sat to book the ward, maybe not yet bah..

olwen, HL is our entitlement leh based on employment act, just like SL. how can she say she dun allow?

lovedogs, my gynea is Dr Brenda Low. the gynea who delivered my gal is Dr KK Chow as my gynea is away on holiday. ya will be delivering in glen e this time.

ya bear not here.. don know what she doing in the seminar good food and all haha...
think she sleeping now. wonder how is peanut's detail scan. also never hear from her...

lovedogs: she didn't dare to say so outright lah, don't forget she also lawyer, she knows my rights. she just asked if i can use some of my maternity leave for my bed-rest. use AL after maternity, i don't dare leh. she already so unhappy abt me going away for such long time.

fifi: Bear is on training today
happy.gif
her ear must be v itchy, we keep talking abt her.

amore: boss is boss, she can say anything mah. as long as she is not caught saying anything ILLEGAL. she didn't say things like "i don't allow u to blah blah" or whatever. she said "can u etc etc" ahhhh... she is lawyer, she is v clever w her words to avoid complaints to MOM.

Hi cookie, meowie

i just called up the pre-natal yoga class at the forum. Its quite expensive. for individual class, its about $32.10. for a block of 5, its $144.45 and $267.50 for a block of 10. But if you are singapore citizen and new, you get to enjoy one complimentary class. No prior appointment is needed. Just walk-in for the class. Really need to think it through. Quite Ex leh... The only class i can make it is on sat 12.30 - 1.45pm.

Meowie, you going for the pilates one right with minkybear and peachy? Cookie, what about you, still keen?

any of you heard of this old wives tale that say now that we are pregnant shouldnt touch other ppl's kids or bb? if nt your own kid or that person's kid will be angry or in danger.

Is it true? cause i want to go to my colleague's bb shower.

dreamyjo>> i saw the schedule on the website. i cant make it both lesson as i am also working on sat.

minkybear>> dunno how true. my 7yr old bro slept on my bed twice and both time, next day, he was down with fever. my mother's friends say that because my baby is XIAO(3) QI(4)[petty]. from then on, we dont allow my bro to even come near my bed.. else he sick again how???

I'm curious why many MTBs organising oversea shopping spree. I understand that their exchg rate is higher. But the earnings from exchg rate wun b much mah... Somemore they also dun charge shipping fees right? Someone pls enlighten me
happy.gif

I'm 19wks now, but not feeling bb's kick. Kind of worried
sad.gif
Anyone also same same as me?

minkybear, i'm not sure about that. Anyway, i have no reservation about that. I just went to visit my fren's 4 month old baby some time back. Seems okay lah. but lets wait and see if any mummies has anything to say to that.

My SIL is giving birth next month, i would very much like to visit her newborn child in hospital. my colleague also advise me not to go visit. But how can, its my first nephew leh. Anyway, i dont want to pantang lah. I will still go unless my mom ordered me not to lah.

minky,
I have no reservations about that too. I often bring my cousins out, touch or even carry them. They are aged 12, 10, 4 and <1.

But if want to say pantang or wadever, I touched my cousins on Sunday. On Monday, my baby girl was very quiet the whole day. Lolx. Maybe she is jealous. Hahhaa.

I think its up to you and up to your colleagues. If anyone would be unhappy if you go, then stay away to maintain harmony. If not, then go and enjoy yourself.

lilian don worry
at 20 weeks and 2 days then i feel bb kick.
Don worry abt it. u will feel it. give it some time the little fella is quite light now and if your water bag is big enough it will take even longer. tat is wat the doc told me la.

Lilian>>> sometimes i like to join the spree.. can be quite addictive.

ladies>> hehe let me know if you are joinin any spree. i seldom chk the forum and always missed out.. :>

dreamyjo
I'm ok w either n dun mind trying pilates tis time round too. Thk for checking out the rates! Let me find out from my friend where she took her pilates..

lovedogs
U mean your CTG was charged $106/hr??!! the hosp think we lay golden eggs, not babies.. haha

lilian, i had not much experience in spree. the only spree i joined is to purchase doggy toys which cannot be found/hard to find in singapore. When the goods arrived, wow, don't know why, so elated as they are really nice. but the only spree that i will not join most likely are clothes as i prefer to try them on before i purchase. If there are interesting spree for things that are unavailable in singapore or cheaper than singapore going on, i think i will join too.
happy.gif

cookie, i'm not interested in pilates leh. I tried it once and dont think i can achieve it. quite tough on my back and legs. My body not flexible at all, i suffer throughout the class
happy.gif
bad experience. I prefer yoga stretches easier for me. I wonder any other mummies here is also interested in pre-natal yoga.

lovedogs, same same. I also dunnoe how to swim. lol. Have been in this co. for 4 yrs already. Initially, thought of change job after confinement. But like tat cannot enjoy that benefit leh. Hehe. Think will sign 1 yr bond.

minkybear, as long as your colleague invite you to her bb shower, you can go. You jus dun go carry or touch the bb can le cos some pple "pantang" scared you touched the baby then the baby will be unhappy or cry at night or watsoever.

I'm planning to get some books from Amazon.com after I check them out at local Borders store. Delighted to know tat some MTBs organise Amazon spees
happy.gif
Tat way I can save on shipping fee.

Also plan to get Desitin rash cream at a later stage. Heard from others tat its good.

Organise sprees can earn money meh??

lilian
Shipping charges in overseas spree are divided by no. of spreeists or if your items are bulky or heavy, u will be charge more. But for bulk purchase, all the cost are inside already.. Dun worry as 19wks still too early to tell. I only 'felt' my #1 ard 21wks..

minkybear, i was made worried by my colleague. He came over juz now to have a chat. He said his wife had a miscarriage before, between 5th and 6th mth. They went for HK tour during tat period.
:S

cookiereo>> Oh, so spreeists have to pay for shipping fees too la? Din know tat. I tot t amt u txf to t spee organiser for your ordered items is final.

Pei sey...

sigh.. lilian i dont understand this ppl they find that we MTB dont have enough worry hor..
bt i guess they mean well. have you done your detail scan? if you really v concern go see doc.
if nt you worry also no good for bb.

wow! seems like quite a few mummies are keen in pilates.. keke.. will check out the rates and post them here. I'm going to check out the studio this coming sat, so will let all know!

lilian - me too! i'm already in week 20 4 days and i still feel nothing! my hubby can hear the bb's activities though...

minkybear, detailed scan will be next wk.
Routine gynae appt tis coming Sat
happy.gif

Guess my colleague din mean to scare me ba. Being a male, he probably dun understand MTBs worries.

anyway Lilian,
dont over stress yourself his wife might have been stress over the trip or too much walking or she is weak by nature.
You must be strong k.
maybe if it help talk to bb everyday and tell bb you love bb.. hehe..

dreamyjo
Oh dear, serious? Alamak coz i cant even do sit &amp; reach.. So u tried both &amp; prefer yoga?

lilian
hee, I alwys buy things from there, tat's y! Mayb those mummies can earn credit card points?
There are many scary stories but dun let tis affect u &amp; bb. Must maintain positive tots, k?
happy.gif

Cookieoreo,
i tink the class will not make us bend too much cause we have big tummies now hehe...

Lilian i agree with Hui stay positive.

cookieoreo,
wah no la.. they know we have limitation.
anyway they just tell you to stand straighter and also make you do squats haa...also v important balancing lor.

cookie, me too. neither can i do sit and reach. I'm very inflexible. Yes, I tried both and personally i prefer yoga. But then again, I tried pilates once and its a long time ago so i dont know whether it applies to everyone. Maybe you can go and see how. Maybe you will like it.
happy.gif
But its a no no for me, bad experience. The teacher even sit on my back to make me reach my legs. my back nearly break then. Jeez. kekeke...

Hi mummies to be, my yeast infection better le... Heehee! For those who are going for DS, go with a peace of mind, you will be most delighted to see your baby in your tummy, the assessment is very encouraging and indeed a wonderful feeling to see your fetal movement. So relax and enjoy!

By the way what is SAHM? Pardon my ignorance... Heehee. Keep seeing this word in the forum.

For those who frequent mani/pedi i would like to share my Nail Spa with you located at Tampines Each day as our tummy is getting bigger, hope to be of service to you ladies...

www.dolish.blogspot.com

Been feeling rather moody today... anyone experience roller coaster emotions during pregnancy? Please share with me...

Hui, trouble you to add my details in the chart as I'm a newbie, heehee... Thanks alot.

EDD: 09 Nov 08
Birth: #1
Gynea: Madeline Tan (TMC)

Peanut00: Going to BKK this fri? Have a safe and pleasant trip.
My friend recommended me Platinum Mall sometime ago. It's newly opened store which sells babies, kids and some maternity wear, mostly caters to women and children. Located infront of Amari watergate Hotel along Pratunam Area. Can check it out...

Lilian, dont think too much. I only start to feel bb movement recently only. maybe like after 20weeks. currently i'm 21 weeks already, only can feel sometimes only. stay positive like the rest advise. rest well and talk to bb more.

auggy bear! you are in... hehe.. glad your yeast infection is better.
happy.gif

er.. tot peanut going some island.. haha.. think nt a shopping trip. bt some other moms are.
dont worry abt the emotions sometimes i can just break out in tears.. hubby v use to it liao so ya. we get v bad mood swings.bt must stay happy la.
the mani place look good.. think quite near my place.. must go check out some day.
happy.gif
thanks for introducing.

Past 2 days been crying, nothing has happened, i still feel very love by hubby and family... so scary hor.

Minkybear, thanks!

Anyway, here's my tummy at 20weeks! = P
My regular customers said my tummy so small dont look like 5 months... = (

1512265.jpg

Back