(2008/11) November 2008

they're saying pregnant women shd avoid deep sea fish.. i know mackeral is in the list.. Are tuna and sardine considered as deep sea fish as well?
 


Jo,
so sori to hear abt ur gf..muz "bu"

Wtan,
i enjoy fat fat things :p my detail scan @ 23 june
happy.gif
 
su mei,jjmom, yen me too. I will also try my best for natural w/o epidural. My pain threshold is very low too. But my friend said if your mom can do it, so can you... so i got to try and bear with it..
happy.gif
My fren went through 24 hrs w/o epidural. super woman leh. hope i can endure.

Lets see how.
 
wtan, initially when my gf realise she was pregnant, she already asked her bf how ... and he says he jus changed a new job, financially not stable and ask her go 4 abortion. Already in their 30s.
 
Deep sea fish :
Heard certain kinda tuna, we cannot eat so better take with care.
Heard sardine is good for us lei
happy.gif

Any1 can confirm on these?
 
Dear mummies, few weeks didnt come in here and there was so many new MTBs.. Have been busy with my son and some household thingy.

Bladers,
think the levy is $170 for those with kids. i
just got this amt from the maid agency.

For my 1st pregnancy, i go for natural birth with no Epidural.. Hmm, tell u huh, the pain is really painful, u can't imagine till you feel yourself. U know, sometimes when we are having bad stomachache, it is abt 10times worse than that.. Sorry, not to scared new mummies here, just to share my experience only
happy.gif


JJmom & Sumei,
I encourage you all to go for natural birth.. Maybe u can wait and see how's the pain like and then decide whether to take epidural not.. Anyway keep an open mind, that's what my gynae told me.

jo15 & wtan,
that's sad to hear the news.. imagine the bb has been with the mummy for 8mths!
 
wtan: My dad thinks its a boy. My hubby insists there are 2 inside and 1 is hiding cos he says I have symptoms of both boy and girl. Lolx.

bladers: I want natural with epidural but oso scared cannot tarhan. My pain tolerance ultra low. But I am really not keen on having anything injected to my spine coz I do have backaches all along... weak back.

peanut00: My mum ask me to avoid any figh that is big, like salmon, tuna, etc.

dreamyjo: Yah, we muz tell ourselves that if our mums can tarhan, we sure can also. My aunt very super oso. All her 4 kids are natural birth (but induced) with no painkillers of any sort. Even those painkillers pills that they give after delivery, she also never take. But she is the kind of person that has high treshold, esp for cold.
 
RE: Pimples
some mummies are talking about pimples right? Dunno why, now preggy with bb girl and my face really have lots of pimples.. Whereas my 1st pregnancy of baby boy didn't give me this problem
sad.gif


Hui,
i will be having my detailed scan soon too, only the 19th June.. Any idea what is the scan abt huh? Cause i forgot liao.. check for cleft lips, numbers of fingers n toes right?
 
Hi Fifi,
if u dont keen to have anything injected into your spine, u can try jab on thigh or laughing gas to reduce the pain.. But they are less effective as compared to Epidural.
 
Joyce:
I had a lot of pimples in my first trimester. It improved after I started taking birdsnest. Dun worry much abt it coz my maid told me that she had a lot of pimples too when she was pregnant with her 2 kids last time. Also heard from other friends that its common due to the hormonal changes in our body.

My detailed scan also on 19th June. Heehee. Scan for all features, ensure no D*. Also can more confirm check for gender coz its 3D. The other scans are mostly 2D.
 
I plan to go for C-section with epidural. It means I am still awake but lower part numb. Is that right? But heard that they will inject at your lower back and will have very bad backache after that. Is this true?
 
peanut..
if i m not wrong, is it bcoz of the mercury level inside them, right?correct me if i m wrong?lol..maybe take in moderation..

hui..
icic..is coming..time passed v fast one..heehee..u steady leh..will appreciate them..i duno hw to..lol..

jo..
they hv no plans to get married? a life leh..r they together? the parents are ok with them not settling down even thou ur gf is preggy?

fifi..
oh..i hv a feeling like ur dad too..lol..wow..ur hb v steady leh..2 inside u ah..by now shd knw already if hiding..lol..see hw when u hv ur detailed scan ba..lol..

<font color="0000ff">something touching to share: -
http://www.angelinthewaters.com/onlinebook/coverpage.cfm</font>
 
Wtan: I am sure there is 1 baby only lah. Juz that my hubby like to disturb me say there is 2 coz he knows that my dream was to have long-feng twins. Also because sometimes I think its a boy, then other times I think its a girl. So he say since I have such feelings, muz be there is 1 boy and 1 girl inside. Lolx.
 
joyce,

wow really? that's even more savings...sounds good..worth considering hiring maids now.. (good ones of coz.. ;))

Do we decide on epi on day of delviery or must decide in advance and tell doc..not too sure to go with epi or not since so many mums here not going fer it...

But i heard from doc from seminar talk that epi will not cause side efect like backache...it's the lifting up and down of BB in the cot that will cause you backache w/o u knowing.. LOL
 
Wah u guys talking abt epi and such liao ah.. I personally won't go for epi lor. may be the 2nd time mummies who have taken epi can tell us if they have any side effects. for me, i did 2 lumbar punctures, where u need to insert the anaesthetic needle to numb the area before inserting another needle to withdraw my spinal fluid. Aft that procedure, i suffered from backaches lor. so now i a bit scared of taking epi.

Having said all that, if the doc recommends that i have to take epi, then i will. Esp if the bb is in distress. Most imptly don't worry wat other ppl do or think. Its ur body going through labour.
happy.gif


Re: deep sea fishies
Take in moderation! anyway these fishies are also gd source of omega-3-fatty acids.

Fifi, ur hb so cute leh.. one boy, one gal... kekeke..

Yen, Wtan, ya i will try not to think so much... another fren expecting a boy!
 
I dun plan for natural birth cos the older pple say if you have natural birth, you will have alot of womb problems when you grow older. I wanted C-section with GA but my hb wanna see the delivery of the baby.
 
mummies,
for those of you who already experience BB movement, do you feel the movement everyday? I'm not sure what i feel issit tiny cramp or tiny kick... sometimes for the day also dun feel. So i dunno if i should be worried or not.
sad.gif
 
blader,
i am praying to have natural birth w/o epidural.=>

haha Yen and Bear,
somehow when i go hawker ctr, e wanton mee stall always attracts me.you are right, with lots green chilli!!

thanks for sharing e story wtan, i enjoyed it. actually read part of it to baby. =P

Yoyosan,
i am also puzzled if the sensations in my belly is actually the baby moving but its getting frequent (esp today!),its stil subtle sensations but i think its baby moving. coz never felt such sensation before. =>
 
Dreanyjo,Bladers, Karen,
I need to check with my colleague on the agency details. Will get back to you over the weekend. More choice to chose from.

Bear,
As for the grade of the birdnest, that is what the shopkeeper at EYS told me when i'm chosing the birdnest. She said the main difference is the texture. The nutrient level is the same.

Lovedogs,
Normally my friend will boil the birdnest without rock sugar. So this is what she had commented. Not to worry, all the foodstuff in Singapore is very safe. If you are worry, try not to buy the birdnest that is very white in colour.

Fifi,
My colleague told me to drink birdnest after 5th month after watching TCM programme. I don't know how true but no harm following her instructions since she just give birth last nov.
 
thanks bibi.
1485181.gif


Mummies, do you ask friends/ relatives for hand-me-down clothings or do they automatically volunteer to loan you...?

I have friends and relatives who had babies but so far all diam diam...never say wanna loan me, so I also never ask...
 
morning ladies!

Went for scan and my hubby did his blood test yesterday. Result will only be out next week. So far both my sis-in-laws are negative for thalaseamia so shld be quite safe lah! Even the nurse jokingly say that my hubby face red red got lot of blood shld be quite normal.

Yest bb lying flat on stomach but his legs kicking in the air so cute but not able to see clearly whether boy or gal leh, doc say from side view cannot see anything between the legs, could be a gal lor.. have to wait till detailed scan next mth to confirm.

Gynae says there are chance that bb might inherit my genes and have slight anemia like me, have to be on folic acid for life lor
sad.gif
So guilty, hope bb will get daddy's genes..
 
bladers, perhaps you jus wait till 8th to 9th mth pregnant and if nobody pass you any baby clothings then u start buying bah. This is what I planned to do. If pple tell mi they will pass me first then when baby grows up cannot wear already then return them. In that case, I dun wish to take cos scared dirty pple's baby clothings, dunnoe how to return.
 
mosh, dun worry too much or feel guilty. Later your baby inside also worry like you. Stay happy. Hope your baby is strong and healthy!
 
bladers,
i did ask my sis if i should start shopping but my BIL who will be posted in the states from oct said wait till he gets there he can shop for us from Gap,hahha...thank God for a doting sis and BIL. and hubby's boss also offered to give us his baby cot. i think we will still buy new items for things like some baby basic wear.

hey mosh,
we wil be prayin for you and baby ya? most impt now is to make sure you take good care of yourself too!

hey mummies,
TGIF!!!!
kao_clap.gif
 
Good morning mummies!

Does anyone of u already choose the name of your baby? Any good website to share other than babynamesworld.com?
 
Good morning ladies.

I've not chosen a name yet. Seems like a lot of stuff to do. Need to source for bb clothings, bottles, etc
 
bb movements:
i can feel it everyday liao and getting stronger.. esp at night.. last nite while sleeping she kept moving, v ngeow ngeow..
 
studies show that by eating chocolate, baby will be born happier.. i'm starting to take some everyday liao.. since sometime my mood can be kind of low and i definitely dun wan my bb to be affected
 
Yen:
that shd be it, ur bb's movements.. Mine was also v light taps/twitching in the beginning, now getting much stronger

hee.. i dunoe abt milo lei, me taking those dark choc.. but in moderation of cos since sugar level v high.
 
su mei
guess u already know the gender of ur baby rite since u already name the baby. I've a sense that i m expecting a minnie as my tummy looks round round leh..haha

Yen
me same like u leh, can feel baby movements most of the time while lying on bed or sofa. Early this morning already feel baby kicking, seems like she is waking me up, so excited.
 
peanut
i used to love and take lots of chocolate b4 pregnant, but now don't feel like eating it at all, so weird. I take milo every morning last time, but now instead of milo, i drink milk everyday, coz milo make me hv constipation.
 
bladers: My aunt automatically volunteer to give me her baby cot and clothes for baby. But stroller and car seat, my cousin will still be using so she told me she cannot give me. I did not ask anyone else.

mosh: Dun worry so much abt Thalassaemia. Apparently a lot of people do have it. Just have to take more care only. So cheer up okay.

mummy: I haven thought abt names yet coz I still dunno gender. But dialet name need to follow hierachy. Oh yah, I forgot to check my email last night. Fell asleep soon after dinner. Sorry.

Sales: John Little got sale this weekend. Carlson Baby Wipes at $5.50 for 3 packets of 80s. I think cardmembers oso get buy 2 sets (of 3) and get 1 set free.
 
is ok fiti,no worries. My hubby had just brought some,those better grade one which look like a curvy shell, cost 250 above,so ex..
 
appetite:
strange.. jus when i tot my appetite is getting better, it starts going down again. Wonder y? any of u same as me?
 
Gd morning ladies!

Mosh, don't feel guilty. it isn't ur fault. Let's hope for next wk's news first ok? in the meantime stay positive! will be praying for u!

Re: bb names
Hb and I only instinctively thought of boy's names leh.. gals names are a big headache for me. don't want it to be too bimbo :p

Re: sales!
Heard that Robinsons and Marks &amp; Spencer will be be absorbing 7% GST this wkend! that means some of the things that aren't on discount are effectively having a 7% discount! happy shopping!

Peanut, i also the same.. one day appetite super gd.. other days i feel so bloated!
 
peanut, bear, strange my appetite also up and down... but after drinking the ginger tea the other day, I start eating more again, probably its the wind...
 


Peanut, Mummy,
I could also feel his movements this morning. I was lying on the bed and have not got up. Agreed, nowadays, his kicks are getting stronger and powerful.
My hubby trying to feel his kicks and he says he felt something.

appetite,
think depends on mood. :> Now I'm still very full. Had zhu chang fen, milo and 1 glass of milk(b4 I leave home) for bfst.
 

Back
Top