(2008/11) November 2008


Heart listener:
yah lor.. this shd be lower quality product since quite cheap so i doubt it can actually work all the time.. imagine when u cant hear any heartbeat then own self scare own self lei..
 
Happy, u so fast chope a date for ur C section liao? wat's the liang chen ji ri ah?? heehee... My mum buys the Hock Hua's dried bird's nest. she likes to boil them herself.

Erm i only have cravings for meat... still thinking of the McSpicy patty.. :p

Peanut, have u discussed with ur gynae abt having a c-section? did ur gynae have any suggestions?

Lovedogs, i heard that the gynae would have to stick their whole fist into ur vagina to check for dilation. true or not??

Mosh's hb will be gg for the thalassaemia test today! Hope's all is well with her. Gd luck!

Meowie, my nose is very bad today... completely stuck and i feel like i can't catch my breath... are u feeling better?
 
hui..
ah..u know the gender already?aa...fruits ah..v steady leh..i hvnt been taking fruits for v v long..lol..u v healthty leh..

bladers..
icic..coz i also hv a PT cleaner to come over to wash 2 toilets & wipe windows, iron clothes + sweep/mop floor before she leave on a 3 wks once basis..coz we make it a point to wash the laundry on our own & sweep/mop floor at least 2 times awk..for me hor..since i just shifted in to our private space this Jan..so cant imagine another stranger to "invade" into our privacy lo..maybe for u, can consider getting a maid to help out...i will suggest u get the maid in early to get used to the routine of the housework before u deliver..u gg to be SAHM ah..then no worries abt maid taking care of the kid..only helping u to do housework + cook lo..nice..

peanut/lovedogs...
indeed dilation chk is the worst of all pain before delivery..lol..dun want to think abt it anymore..omg..

peanut..
for me bcoz my boy didnt engaged himself when he's at 39wk+..so i dun want to wait till overdue...when on our 1st yr wedding anniversary, we went for the last gynae appt & then i told gynae i want c-sect the next day..he booked the operating theatre for me & there i go..delivered my boy via elective c-sect 1 day aft our 1st wedding anniversary..keke..i think for ur case hor..maybe u shd discuss out with ur gynae..based on his experiences..he shd know if u can undergo natural birth..if u can, try to opt for natural birth 1st lo..unless bb didnt engaged till v long..then u see hw la..nearer to the due date then decide also not v bad too..

happy..
wow..u so fast decided on the date for ur c-sect liao ah..steady leh..what's the date u hv booked?i was worried abt waterbag burst then bb dun want to come out then wait might as well straight forward to get gynae to help me shorten the process to see bb faster..lol..
 
wtan,
see my earlier post for the likelihood not able to go thru natural.. besides my treshold for pain is v v v v v v v v v low.. no joke..
 
peanut,

ic... i guess ur gynae will be best to advise you your options. But if u go for csection, will u do epi c-section or the full GA one?

bear,

almost loh...finger by finger..but when the whole fist time, i no feeling already coz epidural....hence, best is to ask for epi once u arrive a the delivery room :p i waited for only 40 mins i think and I asked for epidural liao...coz contraction was sooo painful and the pain chart also not enuff to record. Also, asked ard for good anethetist in the hospital u will be delivering. Although not guaranteed u will get him, but can always request. I got the one i requested although it was wee hours in the morning... he was really good, no pain at all and I don't have any backache problem so far or anything...
 
Hui, i dun think she will be able to get the results today. Unless they do a rapid PCR. Prob within 2-3 days lor. But i think the doc will explain to her wat type of thalassaemia gene she is carrying and what's the risks of the bb inheriting it. I hope it will be something like hers, so minor that she doesn't even know she is a carrier.

Peanut, orh... U thinking of Mt A right?

Wtan, i read through it but i dun believe it lor.. recently a gf just found out she having a boy and she has HUGE pimples. really bad ones.. I dun have any at all.. have to admit the gender thingy is stressing me out a bit cos of my MIL... sigh... i just want to have a boy so she won't stress me anymore. sounds so dumb.

Lovedogs, wah dilation checks indeed scary sounding. u mean u can request for anesthetist ah? that's amazing! how do u know who is gd? i mean ppl mostly discuss abt their gynae or paeditrician here, seldom hear abt anesthetist!!
 
lovedogs
thou i know GA is fast over before u know it but the thought of putting me to sleep scare me a bit.. so i may consider epi c-sec, will discuss with doc

bear
yah considering Mt A.
Dun let ur MIL stress u, can giv her grandchild she stil not satisfied ah.. stil wan choose a grandson.. stomach is urs not hers.. wahhaa.. sorry man everytime talk abt MIL's requirement i v worked up one.
 
Bear,
mi still feeling the same leh. I had a hard time when I took a bus home as hubby not picking me up. Stand all the way home and the bus is so stuffy.I nearly can't catch my breath.
Maybe you can try the Breath Right that wtan recommends leh. I'm going to check it out later too!

Going for Hi-Tea with my girlfiends @ Equinox later
happy.gif
 
Wtan,
i very heathly??
1483742.gif
i eat the most unhealthy wan.. can eat kway chap everyday..eat the pig trotter muz eat fat fat wan.. keke.. eat spicy, vinegar etc.. i went for my scan on 6 jun maybe is a Minnie but nd to confirm again coz scard the cord block the birdy :D

Bear,
then we wait patiently for her post.. all the best to her..
 
Peanut, i also think i quite stupid. study so much liao, also pro-women but why let myself get influenced by MIL's thinking.. i think personally i dun think i can handle a gal's tantrums when she grows up. Like worrying for her over BGR, scared she get preggie etc.. may be subconsciously i also want a boy.. i feel so stupid leh...

Meowie, ur stuff nose also happens in the day? Mine is completely blocked at night. in the day its abt 90% blocked. i have to breath through my mouth.. so thirsty.... Wah high tea leh!! i hungry liao..

Enne, of cos rem u lah..come in and post during lunch and once in the evening! heehee...

Hui, ya, hopefully its gd news, that the bb has low chances of inheriting it or inheriting one that doesn't cause probs. Keeping her in prayers.
happy.gif
 
nikki: I will be leaving my BB alone with a maid after birth. However, the maid is a transfer maid from my parents. She has been working with us for 4 years and we find that she can be trusted. She is the motherly kind who has the right heart/attitude towards caring for us. Before I was married, she was the one who looked after me whenever I was ill, making sure I have light food to eat, sufficient fluids, etc. If you do not have such a maid available, i.e. you only have a new maid, then I suggest either asking your parents to supervise the maid or considering infantcare. Try to pick an older maid as the younger ones tend to be more materialistic and not so motherly.

mummy: My body has been significantly warmer since beginning of 2nd trimester. Used to be very scared of cold. Now I always feel hot instead.

I cannot check my email in the office. I will check tonight okay?

minkybear: I am a first time Mum. Can feel baby since abt 14/15 weeks but was not sure whether was me or baby. 16/17 weeks I know when its baby le. Now my baby refuse to stop moving. Lolx. It depends abit on body size too. I was told usually smaller sized mums can feel it earlier. I am quite a skinny mum.

wtan: I went to read up on birdsnest coz I knew nuts abt it. Don't want to get cheated ma. The one I am taking now is Bai Dong Yan for the type that i need to boil and Jin Si Yan for the instant kind (seldom take this. only when too lazy to boil).

lovedogs: Try not to take too much of those that you can only take the sugar. Cos too sweet not good for us. Besides, they may have made it sweet and nice smelling using chemicals. I got sweet tooth too but the kind I take is juz nice sweet but you really still get the eggy smell and taste (its not masked in any way).

Cravings: At the beginning I craved for beef. Then crave for fish and abit of fruits. Now I keep thinking of durian and chips. So weird hor. Like this is boy or girl?
 
hi ladies!

peanut, lower ab cramps, i got too.
Last few days is bad, yesterday morning is worst. I woke up from the pain. Like menstrual cramp and like something coming out. Scare me to death. I immediatly went to see my gynae yesterday morning, only relieved when scan bb is okay. The cramps may be due to the pressure on the ligaments. As long as there is no spotting, it should be okay. But if you are worried, best still check with the gynae. I also discovered that i had yeast infection due to my increased discharge. Not sure whether that cause the pain too.

Or maybe my really bad cramps is due to the emotional stress/outcry i'm facing for the past 2 weeks due to my 11yr dog having medication problem, making frequent trips to the vet and eventually her passing on. Till now, still cry whenever i think of her. Still cannot accept.

baby cot : i bought already. Hehehe.. somemore some months back.

maid : i'm also looking for maid. Jo, made-to-measure is good? How do you do your selection? I went to best home, the salary for indonesian maid (fresh one somemore) is 320. That's a bit expensive wo plus the loan is est 2000 plus over a period of 8 months. insurance is cheap though about 90 per annum. Still considering. May go for agency to ask around.

bibi, can let me know the agency details as well, so i can go check it out.

Craving : not so much le. I put on total 10kg now. My gosh, abit scary. bb is only 315g now... My hb dont let me skip dinner leh, i'm so pissed.
He say his child need nutrients. but cant he see that if i'm too fat, not healthy meh. Grrrr...
 
hui,Bear-no la.. in office tat time came in too frequent got 'caught' by sup and sort of he issue warning to all.. say cannot surf so much la.. work come first blahblahblah.. haa.. i try to sneak in as and when I can.. but seems I missed out a lot of new mummies here..
 
Bear
I was also stressed by MIL. Until I kept on telling myself from early weeks that I was expecting a boy, a boy. And I kept on psyching myself so. When the gynae told me that most likely I would be expecting a girl, I was so down the whole day. I even cried. In the end, I had some quiet time to myself and thought about it and geez, when did I not want a girl? I have always wanted a girl. It's only when I know I'm expected to have a boy, I kept on telling myself it's a boy inside me. No other choice. But now, I think, what's wrong with a girl? As long as she's healthy and everything, a girl is just as fine. As my hubby said, it's our child, girl or boy. I know a boy will make my MIL happier with me, but what the heck. So now I'm rather happy I'm having a girl, because that was what I wanted all along.

bibi
I would also like the maid agency's contact. Thanks!
 
Dreamyjo, glad everything is ok.
happy.gif
sorry to hear abt ur doggie passing on. take care ok? sometimes i see my doggie so loyal.. i dunno if my kids next time will be as loyal as him... i can scold him, smack him but he holds no grudges.. always coming back to me for cuddles.

Enne, okok.. may be u sneak in once a day.. when he is in a meeting or something.. kekeke.. teach u all the bad things.

Karen, so u are in the same boat as me ah... sigh.. i think i m partly to blame to. I am also a control freak, always want things to go my way.. in my head i plan so many things and when things dun happen the way i want it i get very worked up. deep down inside i think i m as old fashion as my MIL.. want a boy... so hypocritical hor.. sigh...
 
Bear,
My nose block also happens in the day. Urs quite jia lat hor?
Now I'm very hungry too! Going to grab a light lunch later and then go for Hi-Tea. Yummy
happy.gif
 
hi Karen and Bear,
my MIL said at first that she doesnt mind the gender of baby but when we told her its a girl then she said "girl also good, can take care of younger siblings"...and hubby and i were thinkin like..er, we might only plan to have 1 child.hahahh.. now we are over the moon that we are having a princess. =>
 
Karen,Bear,haru-I feel la..no matter what.. we as the parents happy can liao.. the elders traditional thinking always feel MUST have a boy lo.. but some people just don't have the 'er zi' ming or 'nu er' ming, something we can't control, so just be happy with the kids we are blessed with lo!! Actually got girl is very 'tie xing' lo.. hee..
 
For maids, you all can also try to ask maids that you find are good and responsible to recommend their friends/relatives. You can bring the maids to Singapore without the agency. Just that you have to arrange the work permit, flights and insurance yourself. My maid was brought over without the help of any agency. After she is transfered to me, we will be bringing another maid (recommended by my maid) over for my parents in the same way.
 
Bear.. same sentiment here. I wish my kids will be as loyal and faithful like my doggies and bear no grudges although i can be strict and fierce at times. always loving us and wagging their tails at the sight of us.
My only wish that she (my first dog) will be able to play with my first child. She loves kids. she hate other dogs. But *signz* ...

Hui, really... i hope the cream will clear up the infection soon because the cramp is really frustrating.

V-scan : the prev gynae (female) is very rough but current is really gentle. She applied cream for me i also no feeling one. I really like the current one.

Fifi : regarding maid referral, i heard of that too. But i'm first time employing maid, had no experience before, dont know how to go about doing that. so most likely will go through agency to help settle the paper work and avoid the hassle.
 
Fifi
That sounds like a lot of work lei. I went to one agency, shortlisted 3 maids, then was told after a few days that all 3 were taken. Fed up. Now we have to go down to select some more. Wah, so troublesome already! If we have to find our own maid, that's even worse.

I find having a maid is going to be a change in my house, then after a few months, a baby. Wah, so many changes coming up. Quite scared. LOL!
 
Bear/wtan,
I must bk a date nw coz happened to be back for home leave now.So arrange everything in advance.When back to sin for delivery, no need to rush mah.I oso book the bed too. hehe

I nv choose any liang chen ji ri lar.My gynec schedule for Csect is every tue and fri afternoon only.So i choose a date which looks nice... 11/11 which happen to be tues. Haha
My gal gave birth on 22/2.So my mickey 11/11 lor.
Err...but if bb decided to come out earlier,then no choice.

Re:stuffy nose
I hav bad stuffy/block nose in the day too.Make me feel so restless.
 
wtan...ok thanks.

hui...ok so I am not the only one already thinking of cot, i thinking of buying when tummy still smaller, so can rest my mind when tummy grows bigger can just bed rest and buy whatever smaller items.
 
I'm having slight lower ab cramp yesterday and today. But it's like less than 30secs pain like tat for few times.

Especially my gf who went to see Dr Adrian Woodsworth this morning and confirmed that baby has no heartbeat @ 10weeks old. And gynae did ask her if she got bleeding or cramps and my gf said she had cramps. Need to go for surgery tomorrow to remove it.

I'm also worried abt having slight pains. Feels like menstrual pain like tat. Really hope baby is doing fine. Next appt with gynae is 27Jun. Still so far away.
 
peanut, me too still experiencing abit of cramp here and there..

for me..more severe is the backaches.. still pain pain..
 
hi Jo,
dun worry too much ya? i had some cramps yesterday too, but i think its coz i didnt move my bowels. somehow i need to move my bowels everyday. funny thing is sometimes i dun feel e need to go, but just try to sit in a little longer and i'll be able to move bowels.

hey ladies,
what's for lunch today? me managed to finish my ikan billis bee hoon kway teow goreng and a cup of ice teh.quite yummy coz i asked for the noodles to be fried with more ketchup,hehehe.. seems like lunch is the only thing i can really finish nowadays. breakfast and dinner is the hard to down one. either feel too full easily or appetite just not there. think i'll have a salad later aft work and then snack on cereal before bed just so that my stomach wont be rumbling all nite from hunger!
 
dreamyjo, I personally think that this agency is quite good. They do call to Indonesia and communicate to the maids see whether they good or not. We only look at the maids' bio-data and choose. All the maid stuffs are taken care by my hb but my maid salary like $370 leh. Not too sure. Perhaps you want to go over and check it out. Made-to-measure maid agency @ Coronation PLaza, 3rd floor

This is the first time we hire maid from this agency and this maid is actually quite good. Rather than some other agency, good or bad maids they also jus ask you choose. My bil had a bad experience at budget maid at bukit timah plaza.
 
Jo,
Pls ask your gf to take care and have a mini confinement after that. I had missed miscarriage too last yr June. Bb has no heart beat from 8wks - 10wks. Very stressed to wait for each wk to past and hoping for heart beat. Rest well and try again after 3-6mths. Now, I'm pregnant again and my baby is growing fine. Dun give up.

I felt a bit cramping 2. I oso backache prob. I think as long as no bleeding should be fine. Otherwise, you can arrange to see your gynae this few days.

Mummy,
Maybe can check wif Dr Wong @ next visit if she has 3D scan.

Re:Craving
I like wan tan mee, don't know why. Also sour and spicy stuff.

lunch,
I had fish bee hoon soup. Seems like little. Now abit hungry.

I've no exp with maids. Doubt I will get 1 unless #2 comes soon :p.
These few days I had wind in tummy. Seems like break wind easily. Do you ladies exp? Some times so pai say, although no smell...
 
I heard of a MTB who is 8 mths pregnant and when she went for checkup, gynae told her baby no heartbeat. Sorry to share such sad news here.

For me, hearing all these ... so much I wanted to know that my baby is doing good inside. He doesn't have alot of movements ... I rather he kick mi more often.
 
Yen, I'm experiencing wind in tummy too. Guess bcos some pregnant ladies tend to have constipation problem.
 
Yen,
me too!! somehow i ate alot of wanton mee during pregnancy.=P

i have lots of wind too, so i always break wind when i am tryin to move my bowels. thats why i try to do it in the morning at home. hee..
 
peanut..
actually hor..either natural or c-sect also pain one..lol..that's why mothers are the best..coz we got to endure the pain..u might want to chk if u want the birth mode being epi c-sect, can ur hb be with u..coz some gynaes allowed..some not..

bear..
dun over-stress urself ah..to me, gender doesnt matter as long as the kid is healthy..esp if #1..in fact i hv prob with my IL aft i delivered becoz of this gender issue..now me & FIL not really on gd terms..as in i wont give in to him or his requests..hb also "numb" liao..

meowie..
wow..steady leh..hi-tea with gf at equinox..hope u hv a enjoyable time ah..cheers~

hui..
icic..at least u bother to take fruits/vege leh..i hvnt touch those for long..lol..u steady leh will appreciate pig trotter fat fat one..think u will surely enjoy pig trotter vingear as ur confinement food later on..so ur next appt will be mth end?

fifi..
thks for sharing on the birdnest thingy..i dun really know much but i know the most ex one is "xue-yan (aka blood birdnest)"..gd to hear that u found a reliable maid..since she has been with the family..i m sure she will know hw to take gd care of ur baby..so nice..wow..u crave for beef ah..hardly hear that leh..aa..duno la..based on wat u say..i think hor mayb a boy?i also love chips when i hv my #1..lol..

dreamyjo...
wow..ur hb so take gd care of u leh..ask u not to skip dinner..nice leh..dun think soo much abt the putting on weight la..nw also cant lose weight leh..

happy..
oic..wow..steady leh..v gd date leh..haha..one of my thread's mummy also had v unique bdates for the kids..#1 born on 11/11 then #2 on 10/10..cool, right?
 
Jo..
aiyo..so heartpain..the one i heard abt is when the MTB is at her 36wks..then same issue..v ke-lian hor..i guess sometimes in life is fated..we got to treasure watever we hv..
 
Jo, sorry to hear abt ur fren. does she want to seek a 2nd opinion?

Re: cramps
I guess it is normal to have cramps cos partly our wombs are stretching.. funny thing though, those pregnant websites dun talk abt such small pains here and there. they only focus on those super big and super scary things. sometimes its these small small twinges that cause us to worry. don't u agree?

Yen, Haru, me too!!! Love wanton mee! extra green chilli! hahaha..

Wtan, i know lah.. i think i m giving myself undue stress also.. anyway let's see this sat's appt how.
happy.gif
 
For mummies selecting natural birth..are u al choosing with edpidural..? I think wld be better rite..cos dunno whats the threshold of pain scary..
 
... jus spent over $200 at Perfect Mum.. so heartpain.. Wont buy anymore maternity clothings -_-

Bear,
no lah dun call urself stupid.. of cos mothers hav the right to hope for a son/daughter, this is their own preference ma.. as long as they dont dwell too much into it.. But wat i meant is ILs do not have the right to impose such stress on the DIL.. so although u urself hope for a son, dun let ur MIL's hope put you into further pressure. I wont give face if my ILs hav such mentality.
 
Cramps: Ok .. wont worry too much abt slight cramps then.

wtan: yah, life is so unpredictable.

bear: My gf says leave it to God if she meant to have this baby anot. Cos she is still single. Guess she wont be gg for 2nd opinion. Gynae has arranged for her to go for operation tomorrow early morning.
 
Bear & Haru,
High 5. I can hv wan tan mee in a round 2 or 3 days for dinner/lunch. My hubby was like "wan tan mee again wif green chilli?"

Jo,
Agreed, if bb is fated to be yours, it will be urs.

Re : Baby gender,
Karen, Bear
Don't bother PIL. If they so concern abt having boys, should tell them straight "boy/girl is depending on ur son and not up to me to decide". There is medical proof. Personally, i prefer girl but ... Don't stress out.

JJMom,
I oso hope to go for normal delivery w/o epi but my pain tolerance level is low.
 
bear..
ya..true lo..this is not worth stressing u up..as long as bb is growing well, i m sure this means more than anything else..for most pple is prob with MIL..me is prob with FIL..we cant see eye to eye together..i wont bother to give in to him too..he's too overly "zhong-nan-qing-nv" then all the more i wont let my son be close to him..u shd hv this thinking "if u r having a son, ur MIL will be under ur "mercy"...i awaz tell my hb..his dad is awaz v "fa-jian"..will do anything under my control or request for the "sake of his grandson"..lol..i m a v bad DIL..keke..
happy.gif
smile..

jo..
oh..is ur gf..she's not married yet then does the father of the kid knows abt this?
 


Back
Top