(2008/11) November 2008

Hui, what kind of infection? UTI? Take care & drink more water
happy.gif

gd morning ladies!

Sumei, if that's the case then i dun wanna go and try the food stall liao. heh... waste my energy.

Hui, that's gd news! hope ur infection clears!

Ladies, any of u got chest pains? i have been getting it recently.. walk abit only wanna faint. feel like my heart is gonna burst. is this normal? yesterday i walked abt 500m looked so pale that my hb was worried that i faint on him. also i keep hearing my ears ring. then just now while climbing to my lab, my chest felt so pain...
sad.gif

And usually breathlessness only come during 3rd tri when stomach big and bb pressing against our lung.. If we tummy so small already so weak mayb becos of poor stamina need to start doing a bit of exercise.. But since u got chest pain better check with doc 1st

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your concerns.. I think i might pop down to see my regular GP. sometimes when i walk, i feel like my heart is gonna burst like that. shouldn't be like that right? afterall, i m only at the end of my first trimester! i feel that i can't walk long distance without panting and feeling like i m gonna faint.

Sigh.. not looking forward to the trek to the canteen later.

Hi Bear,
Think better to check with Gynae instead. I also experience breathlessness during my first tri n going into my 2nd tri. Sometimes I feel some minor chest pain n numbness on my left hand but not to the extend of fainting or ringing in the ears.

My gynae visit is tomorrow so I will be checking too :) better not to delay.

Hi Jenn,
heehee i also avoid steamboat but only once i hit 14 weeks then tot it might be a little less risky n I stick to those easily cooked items like mushrooms, veggies, tau pok, crab sticks n thinly sliced meat. All items I let submerge them in the soup for at least 5mins (rather overcook then under cook). But it will be best to eat home cooked steamboat instead of at restaurant cos at least we know the whole treatment process for all the ingredients and soup base. :) me taking a risk here n thank god nothing happen :)

Hi Mummies, down with a terrible flu since last friday =/ been to a doc yesterday n i'm rather skeptical now.. told doc i'm preggy but still thinking if the pill is safe anot.. hahaz~ think too much ah.. hopefully this flu goes off fast, headache n sore throat is surfacing up too..

scorpbb, dun think my hubby allows.. n of course not now.. i'll see how =P

2nd tri moms,
we can start going for swimming to strengthen on stamina a bit =) it is a good form of exercise for pregnant women.

hi ladies,
happy mothers day! hope you all had a good weekend. i had steamboat on sat and crabs on sunday. all e food coz of mothers' day celebrations. we told our families this weekend. => i stuck to tofu, lots of veg, some fish cake, mushroom and pork for e steamboat.

hubby accompanied me to chinatown on sat. we we walked around from 11am - 4pm. it was nice to get out for awhile rather than just staying at home all day. sunday morning i had to work at an event too, so its been a busy but nice weekend!

peant00,
i've been tryin to go swimming every weekend since 6 weeks preggie. its great to swim, i just try not to stay underwater too much if poss. swim with head up and do some leg exercises..

peanut00, I'm planning that too. but to be on the safer side.. still waiting for the 'shou zhu kou zheng fever' to subside abit then go for swim.

Anyone mummies due in Nov and already know the gender of ur BB...?

PS: I had a great steamboat at a restaurant last week, was fantastic, I think steamboat's healthy for mummies just avoid the cockles stuff and sotong, the rest pretty much safe to consume. I wish I could have it every week! So healthy!

peanut00, so it is safe to swim during 2nd trim? thou i dont really know hw to swim but was hoping to soak myself in water n mb move ard as exercise.

bladders, went for checkup last wk but gynae wo me asking aldy told me that she duno the sex of my bb and ask me dun ask her till after wk 20
sad.gif

btw does any mummies have any part time job to recmd me?

Haru, i also plan to swim starting 2nd trimester but mayb after this HFMD die down 1st bah. Which swimming pool did u go? Condo or public?

U gals make me feel like having steamboat again soon
happy.gif

whitelily,

swimming keep it short, and slow, not too long bcos can get water retention. I go for jacuzzi dips every week, for about 20 mins.

My gynae also said abt 20 weeks, will ask him again tomorrow..

JJMOM,

I missed my mum's steamboat so decided to go for steamboat, wasn't disappointed at all, it was really good, and soup was really light.

ps: avoid steamboat at hawkers cos not as clean Food preparation and storage.

Wah steamboat again... slurp... i also wanna eat. dunno if my mum would prepare for me.

Peanut, me wanna swim but now i can't even walk without feeling faint. sigh... might just go there to pao.
happy.gif

Jenn, hope u are feeling better.. poor u.

JJmom,
i go to a clubhouse at changi.=> my gynae gave me the green light to swim (in fact he encouraged me) to go ahead from as soon as i was preggie. coz i have been pretty active even before preggie. cant go to gym anymore so switch to light swimming.

i think steamboat is great for preggie ladies! somehow e hot soup is comforting..

lilian, the chinese calendar prediction is WRONG for my case!! so disappointing!
sad.gif
i hope Dr Tony Tan's prediction is wrong!!! but he said 80% wor.. how to be wrong..
sad.gif

steamboat:
had it yest as well - homecooked one.. somemore take prawns and crabs yum...

Swim:
supposed to be one of the safer and gentler exercise for pregnant women.. other than walking and yoga.. Yah u gals reminded me.. HFMD..

Bear
remm to get doc to check on you soon,

Edde, u know the sex of ur bb liao? that's fast! may be this thurs i might be able to know mine too.
happy.gif

Eh, u guys keep talking abt steamboat. i really got craving for it.. some more accompanied by my mum's special garlic chilli sauce.. SLURPS! i m drooling!

Whitelily, Peanut, i m due for my check this thurs. gonna wait till then.. in the meantime i m just gonna walk very slowly.. i feel that my body like kena overtaken by aliens.. wanna do things also no energy to do. i used to be like Haru, very active one. now i can't walk without feeling faint.. very sian... it is so bad that i don't even wanna go shopping despite me having no more bottoms to wear!

Edde
ur doc predict gal or boy? Actually as long as they healthy any gender is good. I personally prefer a gal cos usually more tie xin to the parents and v fun to dress them up wahahaha... ANyway be it a gal or boy, my plan is to hav only 1 kid, so if it hapens to be a gal i wont try for another one jus becos his mum prefers a boy. Wahahhaaa... i'm an evil DIL

Bear
then u take care in the meantime. I also super nua even thou i'm not feeling as bad as u. Nowadays lunch time dun even feel like eating out, alwasy ta bao. And i'm stil wearing my usual clothes and high heels wahhaaa.. so lazy leh havent even bother to shop for bigger outfits and flat shoes

so good can still wear normal clothes even high heels...

where is a good place for steamboat that is safe for preggies? make me feel like steamboat tomorrow.

hi hi edde/lilian..
both of ur babies are so co-operative that dr tony tan can detect the gender ah..nice..aft seeing him, i went to dr koh on sat..he also say unable to detect yet..but i got a strong feeling this one is diff frm my #1..hee..i m sure i m right..v v strong 6th sense..

hi all, i'm new to this forum although I used to be on the Singapore Brides forum. Haven't been in forums for a while since my wedding prep in 2004.

I'm in my 13th week now. My friends said I should log on to check with other moms to be so that I'll be more aware about my pregnancy since i've not been excited about this, have been taking it slow & steady :p

anyway, hi and it's nice to meet all of u here
happy.gif

Morning Ladies..
Gynae say i got low and thin cervix. Yesterday while he was cleaning for me he say low cervix bleed easily so when he wipe got abit of blood that cause by infection. Now on medication to cure the infection. The med will make me shiver and heart beat fast..

Bear,
u got see doc?

HI ALL, been sometime since I logged on.. how's everybody? I be going for my NTSCAN next tuesday, hopefully everything be ok and can see gender too!..
happy.gif

hui-Did doc say anything u need to abstain from eating or doing? like maybe don't squat too much??

bear-what happen? sorry no time look thru all archives..

gd morn ladies
hui/Bear> do take gd care ya.

hi to all newly joined MTB ^_^

Re: heels
ur still wear heels ah... i now started to wear sandals to work ev day liao..though i am a heels person. hahah. now heels all put aside, was wondering shld i wear heels to wedding dinners. i have 2 coming june ... if wear sandals, like not v matching at all -_-

Hui, then u must take more care le wor
happy.gif

Bear, aiyoh...I c u always try to bear with your discomfort till your next appt to check with your gynae, so 'xin ku'. Must take care then, don't over work yourself in the time being, take more rest.
I used to have fainting spell if I don't eat enough, r u eating enough?

Edde, don't be disappoint lah, your bb can feel your emotion 1 lei. As long as bb is health tat's most impt
happy.gif

I have pressure to have bb boy from both my family & my DH's but we already feel vy happy to have a bb & will be vy grateful as long as bb is health.

Bear, t gynae who did t Oscar for edde and me used t bb's bone structure (near t bottom) to predict girl/boy.

Edde, dun feel too disappointed lor. I also hope his prediction is wrong. keke... I hope to have 2 kids, so hopefully my 2nd will b of a diff gender. Will not trust t chinese prediction calendar t next time! Haha...
Very impt to stay happy now
happy.gif

Hi ladies!

I told my parents abt my chest pains. Dad said it could be my low bp + me climbing so many steps that cause my chest area to hurt. anyway today not pain liao. so i guess it could be due to other factors. thanks a lot for ur concerns ladies. feel so loved!

JJmom, i think u hit the nail on the head. i m a big eater type. aft lunch can munch on curry puffs, will feel hungry pretty quickly. I metabolise fast too. may be that's why i feel light headed. haven't been eating enough. but i still can't explain the chest pains.

Who ask my gynae that time keep saying i oversensitive. now watever i feel i will hold it lor. cos so scared i really oversensitive and let him scold again. bleah.

Hui, oh dear.. bacteria infection? are u wearing unscented panty liners? scented ones can cause infections.

Re: chinese calendar
Erm i dun think it is accurate leh... not putting too much hope on it. My MIL already predicted at 8 weeks that i will be carrying a boy! At EIGHT weeks leh! how incredible is that? better than any ultrasounds! she really wants a boy very very badly!!

Bear, really xin ku to have such an insensitive gynae leh...

Suffering still kenna scolding from own doc *shake head* stupid doc =P...muhahaha, I scold him 4 u
happy.gif

Edde,
Dont be diasppointed. I have read in Oct Thread that gynae confirm 100% gal but detail scan turned out otherwise till they got a senior doctor to go and confirm. You never know.

Bear,
Wow, how your MIL predict one at 8 weeks, far too early. My uncle also predict based on some formula with mother's age and month of conceive, dunt know +/- somthing will give bb gender according to odd/even number. But so far he has got it right for 6 cousins lor. Too chiam for me to understand

hmm... is it possible to predict gender of bb by pulse reading? Heard it is possible if left hand is stronger means male n if right hand is stronger means female. i find no logic bt maybe someone can enlighten me.

Hui, ur bp seems ok.. but it also depends how u took it. like if u take it immed aft walking then it will be higher. my bp is abt 90/50 lor.. too low liao... plus i m 1.72m so heart pumps harder to circulate the blood.

Snnowy, Minkybear, i think i will wait until detailed scan then i will finally put my mind to ease. i can tell u my MIL will bagger me non stop until she knows the sex. so annoying... My MIL says the more preggie women suffers, the more likely it will be a boy.. wat BS!!! so many of us carrying gals also puke like there is no tmr. i can understand if she says it once or twice but she keeps doing it!!

JJmom, i think it has also something to do with me lah.. I research up too much lor, so he also finds it hard to be able to bluff me or hide things for me. may be i also irritated him.:p

Bear,
That is not true. When I had my gal I puke 24 hours and even admitted thrice on drip and took 2 months unpaid leave to nurse MS. So whenever ppl tell me there is no MS for gal I would be like 'ya. like real' MS is more on individual more than on the gender of the baby lol.

i guess we just wait for detail scan. sometime the scan done too early is not accurate. Just have to be patient i guess. although i am also dying to know the gender so that i can do my shopping! hehe..

Snnowy, precisely lor!!! i dunno wat logic she has man! my gd fren also puke like mad also end up gal.. i wonder issit becos she had 2 boys that's why she thought that suffering more means boy!!! But hor i didn't puke or anything so if going by her logic, i shd be carrying a gal! my SIL puked badly but had 2 gals!!! MIL was also going that she must be carrying boys.. so pian xin...

If can use MS as an indicator, then we would all know our bb's gender in the first trimester!

Back