(2008/11) November 2008

Bear....
Wat i heard is bb gal will hav bad MS but bb boy will be easier.. Aiyah all these talks really all bullshit lah..my cousin puke like hell but hav boy instead. Never believe in all these.
And by the way stomach is yours, not up to your MIL to giv pressure hor. Wat ERA liao.. still prefer boys to gals. My MIL also ask me scan liao can see gender liao not.. "BOY AH???" I shoot her back "ah u prefer boy ah? why so zhong nan qing nu one..." Then she laugh sayng "no lah, cannot say like this.." I feel like telling her my gynae say 60% gal gal but in the end never tell.

Frankly speaking. Nowadays even got son also cannot expect him to take care of the parents in future. So many reports sons bochap old parents let them survive on their own.. In contrary daughters married liao but stil care for their own parents.. like me and my sis and all my cousins wahahhaaa....

hmm.. peanut not matter wat ERA it is still the same the older folks prefer boys. don know why.
even my own mother prefer a boy tell me if i want a boy start eating high carbo food NOW.i was telling her not possible liao all is fixed and hubby always refer bb as "he". so if i dont pop a boy i tink they will be disappointed too. bt seriously girls are so much more fun.

Hi all,

I guess now is the peak period whereby all ppl you met will ask u.. BOY or Girl ah.. U like boy or girl?

To me.. I always stress that healthy bb can leh.. cos its not a smooth pregnancy for me.. God Bless.

Anyone born in yr of horse..? They say likely to be girl. My grandma's prediction. today went doc, 15 weeks doc say not confirm but may be girl. Cos cant see genital, not 100% sure.

Su Mei.
Yah most impt is child will grow up healthy. Even thou i personally would prefer a gal, but boy i'll love the same as well.

I've ever heard this saying, being able to conceive is already a great achievement, gender is not important.. imgaine those couples who try in vain to have a baby at all..

Minkybear
Last time my husband also refer bb to "he" then i'll give him a piece of my mind.. Not becos i dun wan a boy but he shouldn;t be biased from the start. Now he doesn't do it anymore =)

haha.. ladies, the gynae predicted while doing the OSCAR so maybe more zun bah coz its supposed to be more detailed. but anyway, i have a 14 mth old gal liao so am hoping this time its a boy so that i can close shop! but turns out 80% gal again... but u guys are def rite, good health is more impt than anything else!!!

Peanut00, yes.

Feeling very nausea since morning. Nearly wanted to puke when q-ing for my food just now. Now also feeling terrible.. How come my MS still so 'strong'...

edde,
gal next time can go shopping with u, boy bochup one...gals when 10 yrs old can jio them go shopping and go overseas and go without dad haha

hi ladies,
i just had wanton mee and a waffle for lunch. already thinking bout wat to have for dinner. thinking either duck rice or salad...everyday at work counting down to finish work.hahah..

su mei,
mayb u can try to munch on some dry food like crackers or nuts. i found that it helps a lil.

sorry to ask silly qn: detailed scan meaning can detect the sex of bb? Not to see if the bb is developing healthily?

rdg: sex of bb
it's really stress when ppl keep asking abt sex of yr bb. i tried to avoid using he/she when talking to my hubby or ILs. Always use the word bb is healthy and developing well. haha

Can I ask roughly how many months will the stomach show signs of pregnancy? Cos i still dun see any sign of my stomach Protruding. Now into my 15 wks liao.

haru, yr appetite seems so gd. mine is like haven recover. I used to eat alot and very freq everyday. but now took a longer time to digest and feel hungry. Tot appetite will pick up once into 2nd trimester.
sad.gif

peanut,

^5 totally agree with you, when I found out i was first pregnant I told HB we are so blessed, will definitely love BB like crazy. I know of friends and relative who had gone IVF and other methods and yet still unsuccessful and young lady somemore...major surgeries to try to make her more fertile.

I hear her story I feel we are all so blessed, girl or boy also must dote them like crazy, it's like a miracle.
1418672.gif

ya i have friends who have been trying for years and yet still no gd news. They even try seeking help from TCM. We are really blessed to be able to conceive.

whitelily88
me too me too.. stomach stil flat flat. tts y i haven bothered to get any bigger clothings. They say for 1st time mom take longer to show. And also becos i v small size i guess.

Su Mei,
mayb nex time if you dun feel well, better stay in the comfort of office and ask colleague to pack back food for u.. i would never bother to walk out of my office building for lunch if not feeling good..

ya it is good to count your blessings.
Not everyone can be this lucky to have a kid. We should really thank god for giving this special little one to us.
happy.gif

peanut, so it's common for first time mom to take longer time to show. my MIL keep asking me if i gain weight. Every now n then ask me to weight myself. But the prob is I been losing weight since 1st trim due to terrible MS. Haven been gaining back my appetite so how to gain weight. So long as bb healthy n can absorb nutrients, i'm happy liao.

I am in my 15th week and only gin like 2 or 1.5kg, not much tummy also not that visible yet i still wear my normal clothing although some days i wear loose dresses.

re:size
now i dun look preggie at all.. my gynae assistant said now dun look like. wait til the 5th mth, u will balloon liao...=P

re:gender
my mil said it'll be a boy. she said she went bugis temple & pray. the guan yin said will be a baby boy... now sil tell her son that end yr have "didi" come out can play with him liao.. fainted -_-

Hello ladies!!

Havent log in for a while, been really busy at work.

My ms is getting better, but realise that I throw up more in the evening and at night rather than thr-out the day. Feel like a hungry monster now, basically have to eat every 2.5 to 3hrs. My colleague is joking that I am like an infant now, need to be fed every 2-3hr. Cant imagine the weight I will put on thr-out the pregnancy.

Still no craving for any food, basically, dont feel like eating still....eat for the sake of not being hungry...so sianz...looking forward to Wk16 which most pple say the ms should be gone by then le.

Hubby going oversea to work this week, dont know when he will be back...hate it when he have to travel, esp. during this period, cause I need him to bathe and walk the dogs. :p Poor doggies, since I am pregnant, have been neglecting them cause most of the time feeling sick. Have been trying to talk to and hug them whenever I have time.I really salute those who are pregnant and have kid(s) at home, it must be really tough on you.

Whitelily
Yah my frens 1st time moms also take some time to show the tummy.. cos i was quite concerned at 1st but they reassure me..

dont worry.. my gynae say its common for mom to lose weight in 1st tri due to MS.. and bb will still grow cos they'll only start taking in mommy's nutritions in 2nd tri. I also lost quite some weight since i got pregnant. But since now starting 2nd tri i try to take in more nutritious stuff for the bb if possible..

bladers, aiyoh u, edde's bb haven even confirm yet, u already teaching them to boycott daddy, go shop oversea...muhahaha

haru and peanut00,
Thank ya. i got munch on biscuit and sweets.. Maybe this morning starve BB for breakfast..too busy to eat..maybe bb 'kang yi' liao.. Just hope that MS will slowly subside and bb will be healthy.

Im feeling better now.

Re:weight
me too. didnt gain much weight. Only 1 kg.. my friend told me. we will gain more later on.. esp after 1st tri.

Mummies, have to watch your diet during pregnancy bcos I was told by the nurse after delivery those extra pounds (if too much exess) will be hard to shed off, unless ue xercise vigorously, I cut back on snacking, only occasionally. And hope to be able to b able to wear back all pre-pregnancy clothes...

Hi ladies,

So many post to catch up with....lots of activities over the last few days!!

Re : size
I am big size before pregnancy, just now my occupational nurse was commenting that I dont look pregnant at all though I am in my Wk14, which is a good thing to me. However, my clothes starting to get tighter at the belly and the breast area le. Friend commented that my breast is bigger now when she saw me over the weekend. I guess the weight gain is more on my bb and also the breast bah...keke..

my tummy is def showing. wonder if its me or the baby! i think its coz of no exercise and eating more often too.

Alibaba..
no joke.... ur mil actually went to temple and pray whether its a boy or gal.. *faint*
Frankly speaking if i know my mil is doing this i'll really 翻脸 and tell straight that my gynae said most likely a baby gal.. WAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH ALL THESE MILS !!!!

Hi Bladers,

I wish I can dont eat...but I get hungry very quickly and if I dont eat, I will throw up. The feeling is terrible. I am so sick on snacking on biscuit le. The tot of eating them is making me sick...haiz...very ma-fan!

Carol, me too. Feeling a little bad for neglecting my poor dog coz I m always feeling vy tired when he wants to play fetch.

Luckily, DH dote on him more than usual now so he is getting stickier to my DH now...me getting jealous but no choice DH has took over all tasks of taking care of my dog, bath him, feed him, play with him etc.

I always said he is daddy's boy now coz my DH used to be jealous & claim him a mommy's boy
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Congrats on your pregnancy!! Sorry to interrupt.

I have an infant capsule to give away. It was given to me as a gift and I have used it a couple of times. Don't intend to sell it 2nd hand but would like to give it away to somebody who needs it. Self collection at my place in Katong.

I also have a <font color="ff0000">BRAND NEW</font> Maclaren Techno XT (grey) to sell at 30% discount from retail price

Interested pls PM me. Thanks!

carol,

what abt eating one full meal, take one full meal (with rice) and then try not to snack. Maybe your meals are smaller so you may tend to snack more, though I also prefer not having to eat bcos everyday eat out until sian!

my EDD still changes all the time but all in Nov, latest one is 8 Nov.

Prenatal classes? Or parental, not sure if there's diff...I think I learn along the way after delivery.
happy.gif

Hi Bladers,

I am already taking quite full meal lay. But then again, cant eat too much also, wait will feel so bloated that I want to throw up. I am trying to restrict myself from eating, but really bo bian, will start feeling hungry in max 3hrs, then in 5-10mins if I dont eat something, sure will run to toilet to throw up all the sour gastric juice de. Very xian...

Hi JJmom,

Thank God my dogs still quite close to me compared to hubby...hee...cause I am the one feeding them and playing with them at home. But now really no stamina / energy to bring them for their walks and bathe them lor, so this became my ah lao's responsibility. Hopefully he will be back soon, bathing I still can handle, but walking them will be a problem le.

peanut>
she told me she didnt ask about the gender. is the "qian" automatic said the gender of bb.. also said i felt worry. godness asked me to dun worry too much.. anyway nvm la. gal or boy oso no issue to me! we will still luv them no matter wat. most importantly healthy.

hmmm, i didnt know OSCAR or NT test will check on the gender. It didnt happened to me. Dr Adrian said probably my next appt next week will probably see the gender. so excited to see the scan everytime!

I dunno if it's due to MS, i have lost 3.5kg, now 15wks. but my tummy is bulging though. Anyone like me?

By the way, when i did OSCAR scan, my baby was only 6.5cm at 13wks. is it a bit small?

bear> thanks =) still having the flu and cough now... just wish it can disappear soon..

maggie> mine was ard 6cm at 12 wks.. so should be fine de.. dun worry =)

Thanks Jenn. I also just recovered from a long flu. was on MC for 4 days. i thought i should just listen to Dr Adrian and stay indoors coz the weather is going to aggrevate my condition.

I also have sore legs and a bit cramp sometimes. anyone has this experience?

I asked my fren who already had 4 kids, she said leg cramp is becoz baby is "sucking" calcium from mum's body. She was told by Eu Yan Seng Dr @ Paragon. hmmm, maybe i should be drinking milk 3 times a day then!
happy.gif

Hi Maggie,

I tot leg cramp is normal for pregnancy, esp. in 2nd tri onwards. So far only experienced leg cramp once. But then again, I havent been sleeping well at night since I am pregnant and keep moving abt, which could be one of the reason why I havent really suffer cramps.

Hi Carol, I'm not sure about the leg cramps but my fren did say usually u will get this in 5th mth. And i cant sleep very well at night too. a lot of mums tell me pregnancy period is the best time to sleep, even though who had insomnia before conceive, they sleep like a log after pregnant! Amazing!

i think i also need to ask Dr, i'm experiencing a bit of thump thump sound in my ear when i was having flu. this makes me think of my fren who has fluid imbalance in ears?

hi carol,
i think warm foot bath might help for leg cramps and maybe a raised pillow for your legs when you sleep? i normally knock out within 10 minutes of lying down on my bed at nite.=P

i know how you feel about the eating part. on one hand hungry but on another hand, eat already feel uncomfortable. confusing isn't it? I am tryin to tell myself not to over feed myself at one go (can be quite hard at times). speaking of which, i am thinkin of just having a salad and a side bun today for dinner. but i know i'll be hungry in the nite again..=P

clothes: i went to zara yesterday tried some cotton pants and *gasp*, could hardly pull it up my bum. told hubby i can no longer fit into my normal size. think i should just get some stretchy sarong pants and the belly band. just pray that my thighs dun expand or my jeans wouldnt fit too. anyway, have not worn jeans for a week. find them too stiff and hot...

Back