(2008/11) November 2008

peanut, don't get so bothered abt those matters. Jus do whatever you like so that you feel happier. Jus count down to the day your hb returns from his trip.
happy.gif

Bear, Sumei,
thanks.. yah i whispered sorry to my bb cos lately really dont feel v happy, hope she's not affected by my mood. Glad its weekend and i'm going back to my mama house again. Am looking forward to the day of moving out after birth so i'm free to do watever i wan without caring a shit of others' feeling =)

Bear> ya, detail scan on 18 june, i'll be in my 20weeks. i still wonder is it too early.
happy.gif
hopefully then can confirm 100% the gender. hehheh. My hubby was quite worried even though doc said 90% boy and as we leaving his consultation room, doc say "...but dun buy baby clothes 1st..." that's why my hubby worried.. hahhaha...

hui> hmmm, how come u still having MS? poor thing. hope it'll get better. u havent scan for gender yet? i thought our EDD is same day. Do you have any "6th sense" whether baby is mickey or minnie?
happy.gif

Sumei
not sure why ACJ dun accept afternoon slot for next thurs when you're actually scheduled in e pm.. guess wil miss out meeting up with you again this time round. Will ask for aftern session next time.

Wah it sure feels gd to finally be able to eat the Ikea fried chicken wings i have been craving for for 8 wks! yumzz...

Karen, try to moisturise a lot.. use lip balms
happy.gif
my areola also darker and they seem oilier.. :p

Peanut, heehee ur gut feeling is that bb is a gal ah.. cheer up ya? so u found a place to live aft giving birth?

Maggie, 20 wk is the norm i think, for detailed scan... like wat Hui said, some bbs 'switch sex' when they come out..
happy.gif
but usually aft detailed scan shd be quite firm liao...
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Back from lunch. Had battered fish with baked potato. Super full though I didnt eat much. Realised that I cant eat too much for each meal now, will feel really stuffed. So got to eat every 3 hrs or so.

Hi Karen,
Realised my skin and lips are getting dryer and have been drinking lots of water.

Hello everyone!

Long time never come in. Hope everyone is doing pretty well
happy.gif

In second trimster now, just came back from Bangkok. Weather there is just as hot and freaky. one moment shine, next moment rain. air is bad there too.

Congrates to moms that know their bb's gender.
Still waiting to know mine. Anxious seeing doc on monday. hope bb nice nice let me see.
happy.gif

hi gals, anyone have the prob that ur tummy looks smaller than it was?? my hubby rather worried.. wondering why my tummy seems to have shrinked =/ weight have nv increased after gaining the weight lost till my pre pregnancy weight.. now in my 16th wks.. makes me wonder~

bear,
hee.. cos my gynae say 60% gal so in the meantime i call bb 'she' lor. if turn out to be boy then i switch to 'he' not a problem at all tsk tsk..
Havent found a place lah but we've agreed after bb out then look for a house liao.. so i'm counting down to that day *day dreaming***

i had meesiam the day before and today. suddenly crave for it and the one i had on wed not nice one.. today's better. Tink i've satisfied my craving.. will stop meesiam for sometime.

Jenn,
my tummy also not big at all.. sometime looks slightly bigger but after poo poo it gets smaller again.. so mayb urs also same case?? when will b ur next appt?

Me feel like ikea chicken wing too! drool... hehe
Just had Waruku Pasta for lunch. had scallop n chicken bake rice
happy.gif
quite yummy. now eating a piece of chocolate with sakura filling as snack. later will attack my apple. hehe...
I think appetite is picking up.

peanut, mine was growing rather big till ard this week it seems like it is shrinking =/ tat's why hubby start voicing out.. usually morning will be small but night will be big, but now ah.. no matter when also looks small leh.. when i lie down on bed, tummy is flat de.. next appt on mondae.. haizz~ can't help thinking..

hey Bear,
I went to Ikea for lunch too!! finally its open, and i can have my swedish meatballs. i think i must have had at least 7-10 meatballs and the brocolli soup which actually tasted more like mushroom soup. so happy to finally have the meatballs again.=P

Dad made black chicken soup and american ginseng for me last nite. so yum!!!

TGIF!!!! 2 more days to my mini vacation!!!!! my nausea is not completely gone yet. still have the occasional headache and nausea. but definitely much better than few weeks ago.

Jenn,
my tummy seemed to grow rapidly last 2 weeks too, but it seems to have slowed down and not really as swollen as before but i think its also coz i managed to control my crazy appetite a little better now. no more eating every 2 hours. my lunch can normally tahan me til dinner time. if not its just a glass of milk and at most some cake or crackers..

Yen, Lilian,
Thanks for CL advice.
Yen, I'm going to take note of all that you mentioned. Very detailed. Save me some brain cells! Cheers!
Now the next worry is whether can find a CL or not. Sigh.

Jenn
umm.. it could be due to amt of your food intake or stomach gas sometimes.. jus bear for another 3days and u'll find out if bb is alright. In the meantime tell ur bb guai guai mommy loves u v much.. =) Last time i also kept worrying cos MS stopped early and tummy v flat... but every appt shows bb growing ok.. so now i dont tink so much already.

haru..
so nice and envy.. i still need to wait 1mth+ before my trip *yawn**

peanut, haru, guess we just have to be patience and wait till mondae to get our queries answered but at least for now, I can still see e BB's heartbeat movement at my tummy, so that's e assurance I get ba.. thanks gals for ur info =)

Peanut,
I'm also have mood swing.. but the best part is.. my swing is towards my BOSS! haha..
Can't tahan him. We thought he can be more considerate towards the workload nowadays, but no.. instead, i think he din even remember! Sigh.
And he is going to be a 2nd-time father soon. How inconsiderate and pighead can a man get?!

Jenn,
when lie down, tummy will be small. Maybe you feel that it is small cos you have been seeing the same size for the last few weeks?

yoyosan, tat's what I told my hubby too.. I even ask him wanna take measurement ma =P

peanut, yup~ will bear with it till monday.. thanks for ya encouragement.. feeling better now =)

Hi Jenn,

My tummy getting bigger le, my pants almost cannot wear le. Need to start wearing maternity pants or belly belt soon le.

Hi Haru!!
Envy lay!! I also want to go holiday...but no leave to go lar. Just joined this co. last sept, so not much leave! Dying to go oversea for a short break. Hubby forbid me to take plane, so most probably go Genting...sianz!! :p

I didn't go to Ikea lah.. a col went and ta bao for me.. he knew that i have been craving for it for ages.. :p yumzzzz.... some how or rather i haven't came across any other fried chicken wings i like, other than the Pizza Hut's spicy drumlets.

Peanut, 60% is a big room for error leh.. heehee..
happy.gif
ya u can start looking for possible flats liao... actually if u start looking now, u also won't be able to move in until aft u give birth.
happy.gif

Haru, i nv tried the meatballs before! i m not very adventurous when it comes to food. always eat the tried and tested ones.
happy.gif
enjoy ur vacation!

Jenn, don't worry too much just yet. just pray and hope everything is ok on Mon. cheer up!

Jenn> same here wor.. tummy not so big.sometime bloated sometime not.. if dun tell pple. no one can take tat i'm preggie at all.. lost weight during the last visit. recently get gastric reflux & cramps... so worrying... And i gotta wait til 6 of june den can see bb! fainted.

yoyosan,
yah pighead boss.. mayb u shd remind him by often touching ur tummy in front of him.. that is an action normally done by pregnant women, or show him the super tired looking face hahaaa...

Carol
tell ur hubby short flight is safe.. in fact my gynae encourage us to go for trip during 2nd tri.

bear, thanks =)

alibaba, feel like having the ultra scan machine at home XD can see BB anytime i wanna.. hahaz~ I will see what Dr Ang says n update ya.. meanwhile, u take care ah~

Bear,
That's why when hiring CL must be from recommendation. My CL did mention she wants to maintain her reputation. Most of her clients are through recommendation, so not so scared and I'm meeting her @ her sister's house (singapore address) + I've her sister's singapore house number. So, if anything, i still know where to find her. In fact, i met her sister too. Looks exactly like her, wonder if they are twins but I didn't ask.
Not much leaks for me on both normal panties and disposable ones.Once a blue moon, either leaks to the front or back. :D Last time, my bed always kena. ;p Then I switch to use wings type and extra long for night. I don't like maxi, like very thick, then if don't change like very smelly, if change frequently like wasting $. I make effort to change 2-3 times a day on my heavy days, normally day 1-3 when using slim. I only use slim with wings now. Pads are not cheap
sad.gif
So nice, no need to use pads for the past 3 mths+. No hassle, no leaks and no smell :>

hui,
not bad huh..ur grandmum is so creative :D. Fried ginger,hmm..is the taste like french fries?

Yoyosan,
No problem. Just some ques I ask my CL. Glad that this helps. If you really really cannot get, you can try to get help from agencies. Ask colleagues or hubby's colleagues or mil or mother for recommendation.

Jenn
Don't worry too much.. Just smile and u will have a happy baby :D Else measure tummy on a periodic basis. Yes, me 2. I get my hubby to measure and record the reading. Otherwise, take some pics of the tummy which I oso did. I'm wearing elastic band pants now. Small tummy. No longer fit my normal clothes.

Re: Lunch
I had MOS burger's rice burger, peach tea, corn soup and fries. Yummy...So satisfied.

Re:Stretch Mark lotion
I've bought Body Shop's cocoa butter hand/body lotion(250ml) for $17+. There's 15% discount when using UOB credit card. Usual price :$20.90. There's 500ml bottle ($29+), but I want to try if is suitable for me. The smell seems ok for me. I've researched from web, seems like clarins is the most popular($70+) and palmer's cocoa butter $20+ (some mummies complain will cause itchy). I've read someone recommended Body shop so I decided to try :D Most importantly, the bottle states suitable for use during pregnancy.

Re : Short trips,
Short flight is ok. I event went for a 8d trip to China at my 5th wk (i din noe i was pregnant but only guess probably preggie). Carrying heavy luggage and climbing mountain somemore. Rest when necessary.

Bear,
yah lor pregnant pantang cannot move house i know..
If u can take beef shd try the meatballs.. its the zao pai over ther. It comes with some gravy and cranberry sauce.. v nice one.

I got a splitting headache. pain seems to be travelling down my neck... urgh....

Jenn, stay +ve! i also want an ultrasound machine.. teeheehee...

Yen, orh.. i also scared i can't find CL. waiting for my cousin to come back from Taiwan to pass me her CL's contact. my mum lor, said before 3 mths cannot go and book CL. bleah... U can survive on normal pads i can't. wear maxi liao still must change every 4 hrs or else will flood. sigh...

Peanut, ya, but u buy house need to wait for paperwork and do minor reno.. so by the time u can move in think next yr ba! heehee.. thanks for the meatball tip.. the only beef meatball i take is the one in beef noodles.. some how eating it with cranberry sauce like a bit weird to me.

Ask u gals, how long shd a flight be? hb not keen to go to Perth so was thinking of NZ.. but 9 hrs like too long leh...

Hi Peanut,
I know!...But he just went to thai and returned and he say weather very hot and air no good, so ask me better dont go. Dont know where else to go for short trip le. Everywhere so hot, I scared I cannot tahan...keke..

Hi Bear,
I agree with Peanut, Ikea meatball is yummilicious!!! Not sure if I will still like them now. Havent had craving for it and the chix wing since I am pregnant.

Hi Carol, taking plane is definitely fine till 1-2mths before delivery. During my 2nd mth, I took long flight to Germany for biz trip. Going again next week. But dun like German food there so how I wish I dun have to go. I guess driving to Genting is worse than taking flight. When my colleagues in Germany drove me up a mountain, I felt so uncomfortable and on the way back, they had to stopped the car so that I can step out to vomit.

bear
eat panadol if really v pain. i take one normal tablet whenever i cant tahan and it really helps a lot.. As for the house most likely we'll hav to get a 2nd hand one.. cos both our joint income most likely will hit 8k by end of this yr then cannot get new flat liao.. Then condo so exp wor.. =(

As for flight duration, i'll try to keep within 6hrs but i suggest u ask ur gynae.. i'm sure he'll say no problem cos my gynae also giv go ahead for the europe trip which i later on gave up.. sad..

Carol
aiyah cos he must hav gone to bangkok.. resorts although also hot but at least air wont be polluted.. then got breeze from the beach tsk tsk.. or u may consider taiwan then?

Shit.. i'm now tinking abt the meatballs already...

Alibaba,
no lah.. she not goin do for me. my MIL will do it..

Maggie,
ya lor.. every morning still puke.. sian..
i tink is a Minnie but hubby say is Mickey.

Jenn,
i also.. my tumm grow very fast at first now like nvr grow liao.. but bb still growing well inside:D

RE: Lunch
had fried fish mee sua with chillipadi.. yummy~~

travelling:

i also thinking of going somewhere to relax, esp after my hubby grad from his p/t deg in july.. think going for cruise will be a gd idea? coz i have nv been to b4 and feel tat after BB come out will be tough to go travelling till BB grow up.. any place to recommend?

Jenn
never been to cruise but heard its eating nonstop onboard cos nothing else much to do.. And the price is getting more and more exp. Haru going to Bali and me going to Koh samui fyi.

Bear,
Same, my mum oso say dun book b4 3mths, so I source around when I was abt 8 wks. The CL I got, was helping hubby's colleague in Jan and their comments was good for her. So I decide her lor :>
Normal pad is fine with me. I wonder how much lochia(blood discharge) after we deliver?
How many pads to buy? So many things to decide...from baby to my own.

minkybear,
According to gynae, ultra sound scan is not harmful to baby.

Re: Short flights
I supposed short should not be more than 6hrs? NZ, alot of time spend on travelling on the road. Cruise, I went 1x and I find boring cos the programs are more for kids. It would be better for family with kids.

Now i want ice cream.. so hot now.. so unbearable. my fren read my mind and bought back 6 flavours of ice cream from swensons.. yummy... i ate 6 cups of it. :p my head really quite bad.. trying to skip a 5.30 meeting but boss not in.. urgh...

Peanut, i usually hate taking pills. trying to tahan the pain lor... 8K means u can't take the loan i think.. still can get the new flats but cannot take HDB loan.

hrmm 6 hrs means i can't go to NZ cos the flight time is abt 9 hrs. sigh... i really wanna go somewhere cool... my fren suggested Hokkaido... said it is quite cool in Sept.

Yen, i haven't even sourced for one.. cos my MIL said she wants a maid mah.. so need to have a short chat with my hb... abt the lochia, u need to ask 2nd time mummies.

Jenn,

If you want to go for a relax trip i tink just go bali or bintan sound like a good idea. Even Taiwan is v crowded...my gynea say short trip is fine no long trip so don't know abt yours. it is best to check with your gynea cause they will know your condition.

flights: During my 2nd mth, I only ask gynae can travel anot. He says can but never say about travelling time and my flight was like 2.5hrs then transit then 11.5hrs to destination ... I was doing fine. Is it so that we shld not take long haul flights?

Jo,
after i gave birth to #1 my menses last abt a month

Re: Flight
my gynae also tell me cannot take long distance flight.. not advisable.. best is 5-6hrs

Peanut,
U can still get a new flat if combined income 8.xk. Bear is right, you cannot apply for HDB loan but you have to apply for bank loan.

Bear,
Hokkaido sounds good. Nice weather and trip not so siong. Lavender flowers season Jul-Sep. Koh Samui and Bali seems good idea too.
Better discuss with ur hubby on the arrangement of confinement.
6 cups of ice-creams. So envy. The most for me is 3 scoops. :>

Jo,
I think the main concern is not to be too tiring for mummies. For long flights, need to sit for long hours, back will be suffering.

i miss those downstair uncle sell those ice cream wor... yummy.. "ah ta ji" flavour...omg! bear u're tempting me!!

Bear,
wah even worst rite, cant take loan then wher to get $ to pay for e house.. Wat i understand is >=8k u cant apply for new flat at all.. Aiyah wat the heck hor, as long as can move out, be it new or 2nd hand flat lah.

re. trip, better to check with ur gynae see wat he advise. Like wat minkybear said, they know best ur condition.

oh i jus saw yen's reply as well.. so can stil get but can get govt loan but not hdb loan..wats e diff?? govt loan interest much higher i assume?

peanut,

Bank loan they can be quite high and they like they will raise the interest... you might want to consider carefully first. If you got insurance adviser they can also help you on this. you might want to check with them too.

Sigh.. looks like i m restricted by flight time.. northern hemisphere now all summer.. so hot! southern hemisphere too faraway.. sigh... so hard to find a place.. btw wat's the meaning of short holiday? as in short duration or short flight time?

Yen, Bali and Koh Samui out for me.. i usually spend a lot of my time by the beach cos of work so wanna get away from all these...

Jo, ya not advisable for preggie women to take long haul flight. we are more prone to developing deep vein thrombosis. if not i def wanna go to Europe. My prof's wife who is preggie is flying to ENgland too.. i guess some are willing to take the risk.

Minkybear, Yen, hahaha nah, it is those plastic cups u get at the ice cream stalls. i didn't fill it to the brim lah.. not so yao quee... i just take until enough lor.. weather so hot so gd to eat the ice cream...

Oops Alibaba, go and get some tonight.. :p i have been having cravings for ice cream for awhile liao. heh.. must be the hot weather.

Peanut, no govt loan is cheaper.. fixed at 0.1% abv CPF rate. currently is 2.6% flat so u dun have to worry abt increasing interest rates. but bank rates are variable, some can be cheap for the first 3 yrs but in the end always higher than govt one.

Back