(2008/11) November 2008

Good Morning all Nov Mummies
happy.gif

TGIF!

How's bbs and mummies doing?

<font color="0000ff">Enne</font>
Is bb L better? Sorry I was too busy to contact U. I have been keeping him n U in my prayers.

<font color="0000ff">Happy</font>
I will send U a pic of my bb later.

<font color="0000ff">Fifi</font>
The website design n layout is very tastefully done, who did the designing? Enjoy your short trip.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">Good morning super mummies!
happy.gif
</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa">Dex Dura Bibs</font>
Anyone ordering? I'm staying at sengkang, i might be going to self collect together with iplay stuff, anyone needs me to help collect?
happy.gif

Gd morning,

Just a short post.. doing it while i pump.

Jesslee, actually many scientific papers recommend NOT vacuuming ur mattresses. This is becos most of the dustmites and their poo actually get trapped below the top layer of the cloth of ur mattress, hence u are in even closer contact with them. the steaming part of the vacuum dun actually help with the dustmites' poo cos there is nothing to denature. it does help kill dustmites but it injects a lot of water (steam) into the mattress, giving them an even more comfy plc to stay in.
happy.gif

And if u have bought an antidustmite mattress, erm, supposedly no dustmites can go in BUT that also means no dustmites can come out cos of the small pore size of the fabric.
happy.gif

Fifi, nice webby! but hor ur cloth bibs can only view 1-6. the rest cannot be seen. I think its better to allow ppl to click on the bib they want rather than have a drop down menu.. just my suggestion.
happy.gif

Bear,
good morning..
happy.gif
Hmm..this delphin vacuum is not a steam vacuum actually. What it does is to suck the dirt/dust &amp; release into a water container at the base (which we hv to prefill with water). With its strong suction power, it actully sucks beyond the top layer of the bedsheet &amp; gets right into the mattress itself, sucking out all the dust &amp; dustmites &amp; it goes into the water. It does not release steam into the mattress at all since it's not a steam vacuum.
happy.gif

What pushed us to switch was also that our conventional vacuum cleaner was dispeling nasty odour when we vacuum. According to them, a conventional vacuum cleaner sucks up dirt but dirt are released back into the air cos it's captured in a dustbag, versus Delphin which captures dirt/dust into water.

LAST DAY LAST DAY!!!!

Re: Collage photos
Photo collage for Nov thread babies( At birth and 3mths)

Send to this email:
happy_22feb AT yahoo.com.sg

Pls State Nick, baby's name and DOB!

Closing date: 24th April

Photo received:
Babyzel
Bear
Lilian
Chillipadi
glad_gal
alibaba
joyce
kash
peanut
amooks
baby23
dymples
Lynn
choomama
haru
Olwen (you gt mail)
Jynnsan
Fruche
snnowy
mummyzeal
brocoli
blessedmum
Jo
JJ_zou
minkybear
moomummy
jenn
dmk
carolneo
karin

JessLee-hey thanks.. good hor tight for ur bb but think will be nice for my little fighter lo.. haven't gotten any yet.. u no need to save for ur future #2??? hehe.

bluebear-thanks for keeping him in prayers..

hi all, as for the June gathering at my place, can we settle on a date so that i can go book the function room and also can arrange for milk powder &amp; diapers samples.

I suggest 6 June 09, say 2pm? what do you gals like? buffet? BTW, i stay at Bukit Batok area.

oop sorry enne!
Did i miss out anyone? Let me know ya.

OLWEN,
I cant figure out the 3in1 photo.They look so alike. Can you name them for me? Thanks

LAST DAY LAST DAY!!!!

Re: Collage photos
Photo collage for Nov thread babies( At birth and 3mths)

Send to this email:
happy_22feb AT yahoo.com.sg

Pls State Nick, baby's name and DOB!

Closing date: 24th April

Photo received:
Babyzel
Bear
Lilian
Chillipadi
glad_gal
alibaba
joyce
kash
peanut
amooks
baby23
dymples
Lynn
choomama
haru
Olwen (you gt mail)
Jynnsan
Fruche
snnowy
mummyzeal
brocoli
blessedmum
Jo
JJ_zou
minkybear
moomummy
jenn
dmk
carolneo
karin
enne

Hi Enne, I have some preloved front open tops to give away. My son only wear once or twice coz i prefer to dress him in rompers. would you like to have them? where do u stay? maybe i can pass to u.

seminars and free talks
Hi mummies, anyone knows where i can find such things? since im so free at home, thought of going for such seminars to enhanced myself on babies upbringing, care etc skils

shop4stuffs
I heard from my colleague tat SingHealth sometimes do hold talks on Babycare at Polyclinics.
U can search their events from their website. Let us know if u found any ok ?
happy.gif

my boy seems to have outgrown the big net rocker from kiddy palace, how huh?coz he starts to even flip here n there on the rocker ah.. whats next for him, else gotta keep carrying him on lap ley...

Enne,
No la, don't need to save for no. 2 cos don't dare to think about it yet. Was Very siong taking care of no.1 for the first 6 months, not enough sleep &amp; i think I have aged a little...
sad.gif
. So I know how tough it must have been for u too.

Besides, dont wanna keep White tops for too long cos it may
turn yellowish.
happy.gif
Where do you stay? Or I can mail it to you
happy.gif
just pm me your address.

Shop4stuffs
For free seminars, u can check ocbc website. As they are more family focused, they will constantly organize seminars for new or existing parents, and tie in with financial planning for the family.

Baby outgrew net already huh? Think bumper playmat is still the best place to place baby, safe &amp; baby can exercise on it.
happy.gif

amooks,JessLee-thanks yea, but I stay SK wor.. where do the both of u live? coz I rem not many from here live SK lo.. if bu fang bian then nvm ba.xiexie ni men de hao yi.
happy.gif

shop4stuffs-my baby also keep flipping on the bouncer bed until sometimes his butt just hanging in midair. haiz..

JessLee-owe u 1, big big 1.
happy.gif

Can suggest any toys that I shd buy so can stimulate his brain or developments or what? now my little one only playing the tummy time toy, where he can lie down play or lie on his stomach play. But he seems 'sian' liao..

hi mummies,
just brot bb for 3rd jab tis morn. weight at 5mths 2wks is 6.6kg, 63cm. Doc says she takes after me, petite but healthy weight gain. excellent neck control and very responsive. really happy!!

any mummies taking the pneumococal jab soon? i have made the appt for end june. hubby said just take it lor..

Re: durabibs
hubby was nagging that i have too many bibs but finally he let me go ahead to buy it. anyone know of any sprees/BPs where i can get it?

Enne,
don't mention it.
happy.gif

Just to share, I'm currently using a mixture of a few 'entertainment tools' to keep my boy occupied during the day.
1) Playgym on the playmat where he can flip around
2) Put him on bumbo seat to watch baby DVDs - Baby Genius range - he loves nursery rymthes &amp; would squeal in delight when his favourite songs appear.
3) Put him in Leapfrog Learn &amp; Groove Activity station/exersaucer to play with the toys around it.
4) Read out flash cards to him when he's in a good mood
5) Or simply lie on the playmat beside him &amp; talk &amp; play with him.

JessLee-I think my bb is quite restricted to most 'tools' coz of the tube and machine as he's stuck at 1 area, somemore he now grown up le.. he see he will go pull, so worried he pull out.

You are a SAHM? my MIL took care of him for me during the daytime but I still got an elder #1 so I guess its hard for her to focus on him too.

Hmm.. I think I shd get flash card show him, I wanna start him on DVD but dunno how to place him so that he can watch, lying down shd be fine too hor?

Enne,
yeah I'm SAHM, and this lifestyle is driving me nuts mann. Really not used to staying at home full time. Indeed it's not easy for yr MIL to take care of 2 young babies alone in the day, can be quite frustrating sometimes. For me, 1 baby already drain me out by the end of the day.

Yes flash card is good for a start.
happy.gif
If watch DVD, can put him on ur lap facing TV? I do that sometimes cos he doesn't want to be in bumbo seat for too long.

JessLee-Being a SAHM is certainly not easy! bb boy ah.. sorry I dun rem seeing ur bb in the list b4 or am I lost??

<font color="aa00aa">Enne</font>
i also have afew "stations" where i place aden in when i'm home

a)In his cot, where all his toys are lying ard and he can play like those cubes, and his cot mobile
b)put him in the rocker and watch Baby Einstein or his fav programme, Pocoyo!
c)just like Jess, lie on the mat and talk to him
d)put him on the walker, place 1-2teethers for him to bite bite and while watching my dog. Hahhaha
happy.gif

if all fails, its bathe time! heheh

Enne
I just joined in the Nov thread a month ago but hv been a silent reader since I was pregnant..hehe ..
happy.gif

My baby was born slightly prematured at 36 weeks, went thru an emotional period too.

AdensMummy-wah.. that's the fun part of being a SAHM hor.. but of coz got the hard part too.. hehehe.

JessLee-ohh.. great that everything is over now and he is healthily growing? I hope I can say the same for myself too.. soon.. hopefully.

<font color="aa00aa">Enne</font>
ya lor, but nw starting to look ard for things to do to earn extra liaoz, cos aden is more or less "stable", know his pattern, so looking ard lor.. then hubby not so stressed and i can shop shop shop! hehe
happy.gif

ohhh, happy &amp; shop4 stuff cant make it on 6 JUne? any other suggestion of dates? 13 June?

Enne> no prob, pm me ur address, i'll mail u coz i stay at Bukit Batok.

Hi Enne

Although we haven't 'chat' before but i read about how strong and brave both you and Baby L are.
*pat pat* The worst is over. Enjoy him
happy.gif

i think i have bought a lot of stuff to 'entertain' my boi but like it's still not enough! I had the same leap frog exersaucer as JessLee, bought FP jumperoo (both 2nd hand but very new) etc. He played with everything for 5mins max and will get bored and want to be carried. Piangz...

Our latest 'trick' is to bring him out to jalan jalan along the corridor. However, becos weather so hot had to bathe/wipe clean often.

Need more ideas too!

yokoh-hey.. sorry ah haven't been that active in the past few mths thus din really 'make friends' with ya.. hehe.. never too late la hor..
happy.gif

I do wish the worst is over too but this is a long term thing.. can't say he is recovering.. but at least he is home, so still need to take special care of him..

haha I think kids always 3 minute hot, initially new thing ma very fresh.. after a while bored liao.. maybe u keep after few days take out, its new things to them again!! hehehe.

Just to share, the entertainment tools for Jadon :
1) Playpen with an exercise gym in it for him to kick and use hands to explore, also have his chou chou and 1 soft toy for him to mouth at.
2) FP aquarium swing with 1-2 teether for him to chew at while watching TV.
3) A high chair for him to sit in and watch TV at the same time. Normally will give him 1-2 teether for him to play with.
4) Leaping frog learn and grove activity station.
He is also those 3min hot bb, after a while on each entertainment tool and he will scream to be carried or for your attention. In the evening, I will put him on my king size bed to roll abt or will lie down and read him a story.

carol
your bb can sit on high chair liao huh...very gd ho...for how long? did you put cushions around?

walker
anyone giving walker to bb already?

Back