(2008/11) November 2008

Blessedmum,
My mat is pretty ok lei, only a bit of rubber smell. I laid it out whole day, can only smell the rubber when very very close to the mat.

<font color="ff0066"> Blessedmum</font>
My playmat still has a little bit of smell. Especially when Janessa has been lying and playing on it, when I carry her... can smell a faint rubber smell on her hair.

<font color="ff0066"> Lynn</font>
Be careful if you take her video yah. Later she find out it's you and start to make more trouble lagi jialat. But I do agree... report to police. Cos it's considered as killer litter. But remember to tell the police to keep your identity confidential.

<font color="ff0066"> Breastfeeding</font>
Just wondering those mommies who are BF-ing bb and now intro solids. I find tat since bb J has started her solids, she is reducing her milk feeds. As such, my supply has dropped. How?? Should I start expressing to maintain the supply? I'm hopin to BF her till at least 6-mths and she's only juz 5-mths. Any advise? I'm already taking Fenugreek (6-tablets a day).

<font color="ff0066"> Chilipadi</font>
hehehe... glad to hear tat Emma is doing well. So you also going to start on solids? So exciting right? Wah... wat song you sing to Emma? I must try it leh. The last time bb J went for her jab, she cried a little then stopped. But she gave the PD a "dirty" look - like as if saying :"stupid you! Why poke me for what?!" hahahahha... so funny.

<font color="ff0066"> Fifi</font>
Wow!! So good to have own online shop. Tat time I also started one to sell bb clothes. In the end, it din take off... so had to "closed down". Can count me in as your VIP customer? *grin*

Blessedmum: My mat also ok..abit of smell only, think my hb just cleaned with dettol when we first got it on last Sat :p too lazy to hang it up to dry! I think the smell wld gradually go away...

Baby23: Ya..their service very prompt! I also ordered via email and they deliver a few days later!

Jo: I checked this with the rep when she called to send me the Enfalac stage 2 FM, and I said I still have the stage 1 FM not finished. She said can still continue to give 1 feed stage 1 FM, then another feed stage 2 FM, then gradually switch to stage 2. So I don't think shld mix the FM...esp if they are of diff nutrients?? :p

Chillipadi: Wow..Emma is brave ya! Didnt cry at all
happy.gif

Auggybear: I am still giving abt 150ml abt 3-4 hrly. Can't seem to drag it longer sigh!

Feeding solids: For mummies who have started on solids, do you all feed solids at night too ie. like after 10pm? My bb is waking up at night, even though he used to be able to sleep thru the night.
sad.gif

jo: Similac staff told me to mix stage 1 with a bit stage 2 to get baby slowly used to stage 2...

haru: any container also can, plastic ones, lock and lock, glass bottles (like heinz ones).

hello nov mummies

i am a nov mummy too but i am a "slient reader" of this thread.

i hv 3 discount vouchers here to give way.

1. Similac Follow-On Formula $3 Off x 2
Expiry Date: 30 September 2009
2. Dumex Mamil Gold Step 2 NewGen Pack (700g) or Mamil Gold Step 3 NewGen Pack (800g) $3 off x 1
Expiry Date: 30 June 2009

any mummies interested, can email me at [email protected]. just need to pay the stamp $.
happy.gif

Hi fifi,

I have transfer $ to ur account last weekend and inform u via email. But I never receive ur confirmation. So u never receive my $?

If u have, may I know when can I receive my thermal swimwear for my bb? Cant wait to bring her to public pool. She already coming to 7 months. Thanks

glad_gal> I also want Enfalac stage 2 FM sample lay. Nobody called me so far.
My friend said she took a lot of Nestle rice cereal sample packs from her PD clinic. Haha.. good hor, at least can try out before buying the whole tin.

Morning mummies

Blessedmum,
Ohmygoodness,I really don’t like those rubber smell which is the same as those waterproof changing mat that we brought. Ok,will air it first b4 putting baby onto it. Thanks.

Minkybear,
What does those who has contributed to the email?me busy body..kekeke

Jo,
My PD told me that we can mix stage 1 and stage 2 fm together when changing to stage 2

Gladgal,
Can’t wait to receive my playmat tonight,so excited
happy.gif
i nvr feed baby solid at night,but every midnight she will wakeup for milk once. she can't drag till 12hours without milk.

Ypg,
I also haven’t received confirmation email nor sms from fifi too, maybe she is too busy ba…

fifi,
there are actually many many local baby online stores i had visited,yours is the cheapest so far,i'm sure all of us here will give u support
happy.gif

Baby23, you got mail!
Morning everyone! almost to the end of the work week!
happy.gif

Can check how many of you started your baby on walker and hw old you started your baby on it?

Can i also check how soon must we finish giving all the necessary vacinations to our baby?

good morning dear mummies!

my baby had checkup yesterday, doc not satisfied with his weight gain, coz too slow and keep hovering.. so still nid to be on long term tube-feed till he got good weight gain first..

Doc was quite surprised he can flip coz for his condition shd be weaker as his weight not like others his age and maybe development slower.. I feel proud of my baby, he keeps flipping nowadays! But he practically scream when he wans to be carried and nobody carry him, getting notti-er too.

Enne, really happy to hear the development baby L made
happy.gif
must praise him about his achievement k! i always praise mine when he did a good flip he will be v happy and smile at me. ya they all getting naughtier. mine will scream the house down. haa.
i think don't have to worry too much on his weight i believe he will catch up really soon.
happy.gif

morning mummies!!
been really tired these few nights as bb tends to wake up suddenly and cry after we put her to bed. especially before midnight she will wake up and cry a few times. then in middle of night she will sometimes turn turn and end up on her belly. few times i heard her fidgeting and woke up to find her on her belly. she used to be able to sleep right thru w/o waking up till 7am but i guess her routine is changing. not sure if its also due to the fact that she may be getting ready for solids.

bringing baby for her jab tom morning. feel like i have so many questions to ask PD. hahah..

chillipadi,
hope u had a good rest!

dymples,
when you mention that Janessa reduced her milk feeds, how many milk feeds does she take now? does she still take milk in addition to her cereal? my baby has not been very interested in taking milk whether its bottle or direct latch lately too and i have not even started her on semi solids...aiyo..

Enne,
thats good news. am sure he will catch up with weight gain quickly. Baby L is a strong boy ya! showing off his flipping skills to mummy!hahah..

minky,haru-regarding his weight, doc sayt b4.. he wun be able to be like kids his age.. he won't be fat.. but only hope he can grow enuf for survival.. just so he won't get malnorished.. and I dun wanna compare also lo.. just hope he can live healthily.. thats all I wan now also..

Morning mummies!!

Me also tired..as baby woke up at 2.30 and 6.30am hiaz...the 'gd' days of him sleeping thru seem to be over
sad.gif

Haru: My baby also sama sama..routine changing sigh!

Lilian: You have to sign up first! http://sg.meadjohnsonasia.com/general/sign_up/step1.cfm
I received a small tin of the Enfalac stage 2 after I sign up and they called me
happy.gif
Quite gd. I also got a few Nestle cereals from PD - looks like Nestle is promoting their cereals! I havent tried yet tho coz scared too sweet fr reviews I read online...

Enne: Great to hear of his development!! I am sure he will catch up soon ya...

morninmg mummies

Need still damn tired cos' emma developed fever last night. Luckily we slept in aircon which kept her comfortable for most part of the nite. She only started fussing from abt 4.30am (she slept at 9.30pm). So me tired but sure will be dozing off after lunch.

Enne
Glad to hear that baby L is hitting the milestones. My PD told be yesterday that as long as the child is hitting his/her milestones, weight is not a big issue. She also said that some babies are just small built. As long as the the child's weight is doubled from the birth weight, it's fine. But I guess baby L is different but as long as he is growing well and staying healty than whether he fat or not is not an issue anymore. Hanh in there and be positive

Chillipadi and gladglad,
hang in there ya? i am also looking forward to going home later to trim my baby's nails (she keeps clawing me!!). Her nails are so sharp no matter how short. think it grows real quick coz she keeps sucking them.=P hopefully she will be able to nap with me later. yesterday she only had one hour nap the entire day since 730am!!! and slept only at 10pm~!! gosh..

Enne - good to hear that bb L is doing better. When I read abt the screaming part I almost burst out laughing cause Jadon will scream when he wants our attention to. Every bb is unique, so dont compare, as long as he is healthy, then its ok that he is not chubby.

Auggy bear &amp; Lynn - I cant imagine your bb being 9kg and 10kg respectively!!..must be super chubby. Jadon is turning 6m in 2 weeks time and he is abt 8kg now. He is drinking 170-210 every 3-3.5hrs. Eating brown rice cereal once a day in the morning. Noticing that the last feed does not last him thr the night now and he is waking up earlier and earlier for 1 feed in the middle of the night. Maybe I should add frisochem into his last feed so that it will be more filling for him and last him thr till morning.

Enne, congrats on Baby L's development!

Chillipadi, hope Emma get well soon. Is it due to the vacination? My baby going for her 3rd 6 in 1 vacination this Sat.

Bear, would like to check with you, are you still taking Obimin multivitamin? Mine finished le dunno shd get another bottle or not since i am still breastfeeding...

Clean baby's ear
Hi mummies, need some advice. how to clean baby ear huh? i saw that its very dry, can use baby oil? put some on cotton stick and go run in the ear????

went for final jab for 6-in-1 and the rotavirus. baby is 8.3kg and 68cm...he only increased about 1kg in 2months, pd say its normal for bb to gain lesser weight after 4mths...pd say he is teething so may refuse milk too. got little fever, gave him panadol for once and hes alright now. advise to give pneumococal jab in 7mths, so will take it again then as he said its important to take it.

minky,
you got mail

shop4stuffs,
i normally clean baby ears after bath by using cotton stick, coz after bathing,her ears is wet,thus easier to clean. i nvr use any oil to clean.

Enne> Glad to hear that baby L is flipping
happy.gif
, he sure is a fighter. Juz wan to share that ur experience has made me realised to treasure my bb even more as sometimes i can be carried away wif the daily stuff and lose my patience for bb, especially when he is demanding. Jia you.

Minkybear> I let Jaydon sit in walker when he is 4mth+, but i put cushion to support his legs. Now his legs can finally reach the floor so i remove the cushion n he will move backwards on his own.

Carol> No worries, Jaydon also 8kg+ nia, he is drinking 120ml for abt 7feeds a day and he gets one solid meal of cereal and veg puree. btw since abt 2wks agao, he wakes up at 1+ n 4+ to drink, daytime drink lesser

hey mummies,
i have an unopened bottle of GNC fenugreek to let go if anyone is interested. Letting go at $20. PM me if anyone like to take it ya?

Hello Mummies ...

Recently, the weather is so hot in the day and like thunderstorm at night (juz like last nite, so strong wind).

daytime naps:
I switch on aircon for my boy since 12pm jus now and switch it off at 2pm and switch on the fan ... he has been sleeping soundly since 12pm and hasnt wake up yet .. first time.
My dog is in the same room snoring away .. hahaha.

If your baby cant nap for long in the day, maybe u like to try what I have done. Hopefully your baby can nap longer.

Just now WYETT company called me, ask me wanna consider giving baby their milk, I also dun wanna say much so say ok, they will send me the voucher.

If any of ur baby on that milk, I can pass to u the voucher once I received from them ok.

Shop4stuffs

Liferacer has many types of suits - thermal, UV, totally normal. Its hard to say whether more expensive or not just by the brand. Totally normal suits with no UV protection and non-thermal are cheap.

shop4stuffs: the pneumococal jab if take at 7mth, i think need 3 jabs follow up? if inject at age 1 is 2 jabs, age 2 is only 1 jab. am only taking it when bb reaches 1 year old. heard this jab is good if your bb goes to infant care, child care centre.. I have the intention to let bb go playgroup when he reaches 1 plus loi..

walker: i ever come across that walker is not good for bb. http://www.kkh.com.sg/PatientHealthLibrary/ChildrensHealth/GrowingUp/Baby+Start+Walking.htm

Lynn
Im also going to put my boy there. think thye start to accept only at 18mths right..but if you go shicida etc think below 1 yrs old can join already...so wondering prob will giv at 7mths la...coz sometimes will let boy mixed with other kids during party or outings so will never know lo..kiasu abit though boy gotta go thru the pain more times la

Hi Happy, i'd sent you the photos...quite some time din come in liao
happy.gif

Hi Minkybear, Alibaba &amp; Glad_Gal, still remember me?

Enne,
read in yr earlier post that u're looking for button tops? Did u manage to find any? I've got a few white button tops for home wear, think 3 short sleeve &amp; 3 long sleeve. 4pcs are brand new &amp; 2pcs wore twice only, think suits babies around 6-7kg. Not sure if it fits Baby L though. They are too tight for my boy now. Can pass them to u if you've not found any.
happy.gif

Fruche,
we've just invested in a delphin vacuum cleaner too. So expensive! But I guess it's worth the investment cos it really sucks up all the dust &amp; dustmites residing happily in our mattresses all this while. We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the pail of dirty water foaming with bubbles after the demo guy vacuumed our 2-yr old mattress. We were totally convinced after that &amp; it's game over for those sickening dustmites. :p

Last weekend hubby &amp; me left baby with MIL &amp; did a major cleaning in the house - baby &amp; adult mattresses, curtains etc. We changed quite a few rounds of water just for that.

RE: Cleaning playmat
I used the pigeon bottle detergent to clean with wet cloth 1st round then rinse cloth in water then do a 2nd wipe. Did that everyday since the day I bought the mat a month+ ago. Think the rubbery smell went off after a week or so. If it feels greasy, I'll use a little dish detergent to wipe off &amp; rinse cloth in clean water to give a 2nd wipe.

Blessedmum
I didn't hang my bumper playmat to dry at all. I just wipe twice with wet cloth &amp; fan will blow dry it within minutes.

Hi,

Please be reminded that I'm going overseas tomorrow and will be back on Tuesday. I'll update pending sprees and BPs then, ok? Don't miss me too much horz.

Anyway, my hubby's site (www.debabyshoppe.com) is almost ready. You can take a look first. Pocket bibs are available. Please be patient with the site as its still under improvement.

Back