(2008/11) November 2008

Mummies,
Just a word of encouragement for breastfeeding mummies. Dun worry about your ss as well as the ml and oz that you pumped per day. Just continue latching your bb on and pump after feed to empty your breast, ss will increase. The breast do have brain and it will generate more milk if you do it daily.

I believe all mothers will have milk. That is maternal instince. Sometime it only certain circumstance such as bb unable to latch on, stress from unsupportive family members that prevent mothers from breastfeeding.

I did total latching and pumping after feed for my #1 that in the end too much ss. In order to clear them off, I had to give them away but it seem that noone wants it. Find it a bit wasteful to throw away directly so I decided to give my #1 a breast milk spa. At least not so xin tong.

Just to share with you:

1998184.jpg
1998185.jpg
1998186.jpg
1998187.jpg
1998188.jpg

1)Little tot helping me to open the thawed breast milk.
2)A tube of EBM.
3)Getting ready for breast milk spa.
4)My sweetie enjoying her ever 1st breast milk spa.

I did a mini video for my gal and I alwayts tell my hubby that it shall become part of her wedding montage in future. Here is the link: http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk2/ShineOng/?action=view&current=Qweiis_bath.flv
Hope the mummies here can give your little 1 a milk spa soon.
happy.gif

Hi cc: For 6in1, my PD charges $155 per jab including consultations. a lil on the expensive side i think.. cos GP charges $98 only. I havent openned CDA, so didnt use it for the 1st jab. I heard we hav to wait for a form before gg to the bank to open the CDA a/c? They havent send me the form leh... hav u all received it? My bibi already gg on 7 weeks old.

Shop4stuffs: I clean bibi's ear once a week.. cos too much wax, looks v yellow and disgusting. I remove her mittens at 6wks once, and even after cut nails she still can scratch herself. So i put her mittens back, Sigh~

Snnowy: u are the power one! haha i think i need 1yr to get 60packs, salute u!
happy.gif
Qn, do u defrost the liner before pouring it into bottle to feed? or the liner fits nicely into bottle for feeding? Where to buy? Thanks
happy.gif

hi mummies

long time nvr log in... been sick and also extremely bz.

Just to drop by to share the Gemmill warehouse sale is very good. esp for u ladies with newborn babies....

Cash only

from today till 21 Dec.

Eg : blankets are going at $4 each. 5-set rompers at $8

carters, child of mine rompers at 3 for $10 or 1 for $4. Oshkosh top and bottom going at 2 for $15 or 1 for $8.

it is an annual event and my 3rd visit to them liao.... lots of gal stuff esp.... this time, i bought for my boy instead...

<font color="119911">Krystel</font>

Guess i'm in the same situation as you. My baby is 3 weeks old, and he's taking 3oz every 2 hours. Whenever i tried to latch him on, he will fall asleep and when i put him down, he will cry for milk 5-10 min later. Have to feed him again with EBM/FM. And I'm only expressing between 2-3oz every 3-4 hours.
Recently went to my gynae, he said what i'm produce is normal, just my baby is a big eater.

hi mummies,
tried going out today again with baby in the stroller.and for the first time today, i introduced the pacifier to her. she is still learning to suckle it as it keeps dropping out of her mouth. at first she was quite angry with it coz no milk coming out! haha..but i am really pleased as she managed to stay in her pram most of the time in e few hours we were outside and even fell asleep in it after much persistence, keep putting it in her mouth when she was getting sleepy and cranky. wil try not to use it at home too much unless necessary. but must say its really handy for goin out!

brocoli,
made an appt to go for the session tomorrow mornin. yea, its ex..$135 for only half hour. but will see how it goes. treat it as luxury massage session for baby.=P

Re: Milk amount
Tried to give my baby EBM last nite and she could barely finish 80ml. Think she is really a small drinker..is that amount ok for a 5 week old?

hi cc
as for the cda account, how to use huh? can advise me?

MummyZeal
i took the jab at kinder clinic at GE, $150 per jab excluding consultation of $60....Heard KK is appx $400+

You clean ears with cotton bug stick is it?

Mummy: I receive abt 6-7 weeks. last week a letter from MCYS an authorisation letter to open CDA, with that letter and baby birth cert bring to bank can open oredi...and from bank takes 10 days for NETS card to be ready, they will send NETS card and password on separate days. I got my NETS card now waiting for the password.

My doc at Mt A quoted $169 per jab i called my HDB doc only $120 at least slightly cheaper $98 is cheap!!

shop4stuff: U have the card oredi? use it like a normal nets ard only it can be used in approved CDA medical institutions and childcare institutions..

i did my cda in immigration coz i need to do passport for boy. so do together at the same counter when i go and collect passport. very easy. then few days later they will mail you the card and the internet access pin.

can be done at GE too but since im doing passport, i did it in immigration

Greengrape, ya same situation here. Think my bb is drinking about 100 ml every 2-3 hrs now. Sometimes she needs more than tt. Every pumping i try my best to get 80-100 ml, every drop is so precious! Glad to hear tt the supply is ok according to your PD. Thanks very much for sharing!
happy.gif

Do ur babies reject thawed frozen breast milk? I realised that whenever I give him frozen bm, he will fuss alot, and tend not to finish, but when i give him freshly pumped out ones, he will finish all..

Puzzled.. I thot babies are not suppose to realise the difference?

Drugstore Spree:
Items have just landed in Singapore. Will update again soon when I have gotten the delivery and sorted the items.

hi mummies
jus to ask, we still have menses when BF? my spotting like nv ending from delivery.. recently i got slightly more , it seems like menses.. &amp; oso get backaches.. When will it end.. i have been wearing LOTI for 1 mth plus aready...

Btw have ur tot of any contraceptive method? taking pills? can still BF? heard some get pregnant easily after giving birth.. so dont wanna be next victim.. lolz.

Hi Alibaba,
Mine also like that, like never ending. Is yours brownish or reddish? Mine can be 1-2 spots of red blood, but other than that, it's brown stains.

As for contraceptive, I will be inserting Mirena, shld be next MOnday. It is very convenient, and removable easily. U can go to www.mirena.com to find out more.

Or u use condoms lor
happy.gif

hihi.. understand some mummies bought cupcakes fr cupcake divinity.. i m sourcing for our bb's full month as well. I sent them an email but no one replied..wonder if any mummies hv their number whr i can contact them. Pls advise.

Btw, i m fr Dec 08 MTB

Drugstore Spree

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Item Description</TD><TD>Qty</TD><TD> Sub-total (USD) </TD><TD> Sub-total (SGD) </TD><TD> Cost </TD><TD> Shipping </TD><TD> Total </TD><TD> Amt Paid </TD><TD> Top Up Amt </TD><TD>Collection </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amore</TD><TD>First Teeth A Natural Enzyme Baby Toothpaste</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> USD 8.98 </TD><TD> SGD 14.19 </TD><TD> SGD 31.54 </TD><TD> SGD 6.50 </TD><TD> SGD 38.04 </TD><TD> SGD 86.56 </TD><TD> SGD (48.52)</TD><TD>Normal Mail </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Spiffies Toothwipes Towlettes, Natural Grape Flavor</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> USD 10.98 </TD><TD> SGD 17.35 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gin78</TD><TD>Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> USD 6.49 </TD><TD> SGD 10.25 </TD><TD> SGD 17.35 </TD><TD> SGD 3.25 </TD><TD> SGD 20.60 </TD><TD></TD><TD> SGD 20.60 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Medela SoftFit Breast Shields 2ea (Standard size, 24mm)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> USD - </TD><TD> SGD - </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>First Teeth A Natural Enzyme Baby Toothpaste </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> USD 4.49 </TD><TD> SGD 7.09 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>triAngel</TD><TD>Medela Valves &amp; Membranes 2 sets</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> USD - </TD><TD> SGD - </TD><TD> SGD 11.04 </TD><TD> SGD 1.63 </TD><TD> SGD 12.67 </TD><TD> SGD 29.97 </TD><TD> SGD (17.30)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Medela Membranes 6 ea</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> USD - </TD><TD> SGD - </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Medela Breastshield 1 ea</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> USD 6.99 </TD><TD> SGD 11.04 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Glad_Gal</TD><TD>Medela Valves &amp; Membranes </TD><TD>0</TD><TD> USD - </TD><TD> SGD - </TD><TD> SGD 20.51 </TD><TD> SGD 3.25 </TD><TD> SGD 23.76 </TD><TD> SGD 29.97 </TD><TD> SGD (6.21)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags </TD><TD>2</TD><TD> USD 12.98 </TD><TD> SGD 20.51 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Mum</TD><TD>Desitin Diaper Rash Ointment, Creamy, Fresh Scent (4oz)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> USD 11.58 </TD><TD> SGD 18.30 </TD><TD> SGD 57.91 </TD><TD> SGD 8.13 </TD><TD> SGD 66.04 </TD><TD> SGD 57.90 </TD><TD> SGD 8.14 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>California Baby Calendula Cream (2oz)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> USD 12.09 </TD><TD> SGD 19.10 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> USD 12.98 </TD><TD> SGD 20.51 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebear</TD><TD>Medela Breastshield 1 ea</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> USD 13.98 </TD><TD> SGD 22.09 </TD><TD> SGD 22.09 </TD><TD> SGD 3.25 </TD><TD> SGD 25.34 </TD><TD> SGD 22.09 </TD><TD> SGD 3.25 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshinekid</TD><TD>Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub 6 oz (170 g)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> USD 3.49 </TD><TD> SGD 5.51 </TD><TD> SGD 5.51 </TD><TD> SGD 1.63 </TD><TD> SGD 7.14 </TD><TD> SGD 5.51 </TD><TD> SGD 1.63 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamyjo</TD><TD>Desitin Creamy</TD><TD>5</TD><TD> USD 28.95 </TD><TD> SGD 45.74 </TD><TD> SGD 45.74 </TD><TD> SGD 8.13 </TD><TD> SGD 53.87 </TD><TD> SGD 45.74 </TD><TD> SGD 8.13 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Items with quantity 0 were out of stock. Please confirm your mode of collection. Those who want normal mail/registered mail, please provide me your address.

Self collection at Redhill (opp MRT) on 27 Dec 2008 between 10am and 12 noon. Alternative arrangements at my convenience.

2 extra tubes of desitin creamy available. Who wants?

Those who ordered first teeth, all the fingerbrushes are blue this time.

cc: heehee the $98 per jab is GP at LimBang, which is in between cck and yewtee mrt. I used to go there to get MCs, so decided to call to check price. But in the end hubby says go PD better.. PD also took care of the spots/pimples on bibi's face. so i guess, worth it lor.
happy.gif

shop4stuff: Yeps, i used cotton budstick &amp; cotton wool. The common ones tat adult use, it cleans pretty nicely.

Sunshinekid: Wait till bibi is really very hungry then u feed her? i think she wouldnt reject thawed EBM by then hahaaa.. :p Actually tats usually wat i do... so bibi is jus thankful there is warm milk!
happy.gif

Hi ladies! me finished confinement liao! sad to say i enjoyed my confinement a lot. Tmr my CL will be leaving, will def miss her! she cooks so well that i can't say i m sick of confinement food. sigh...

Anyway we did the baby first mth thingy yesterday too, aft lotsa hassle. Buffet from 11am till 9.30pm. was totally dead tired by then.. here's the cute cake we got from Patissier.
2002893.jpg

Ladies, how u cope with the broken slp? i m so tired cos the longest stretch i slpt for is only 2 over hrs. i feel so out of sorts leh..

Snnowy, i need ur advice. how u managed to pump and maintain ur sanity? i dunno how i m gonna manage night feeds, then pump then sterilise and then catch some slp.. i think i will die!

bear: How many kg is your cake and how muchdid u pay for it? It looks awesome! One of the nicest I had ever seen...

I ump about 6-7 times everyday, i dun feed from breasts so i pump i try to get some extra so CL cn use it for midnite feeds, otherwise she will feed will FM. twice a nite...te rest of the day my BB on breastmilk.

I sterilise only in the morning not middle of the nite so v. tiring, try to get more milk bottles so u need not wash at nite...

Bear,
congrats!! and sucha a cute cake!

know what you mean about e pumping and feeding. i tried pumping at the same time as latchin few days ago to save some time, not easy as gota support baby and jugggle w the pump. but coz of my lack of storage cups for EBM, i am currently only pumping once a day at nite. wil be getting e milkbags tom.

CC, the cake cost me $283 i think.. 2kg Chocolate Hazelnut Praline for the base. the bear itself is made out of sugar icing and brownie. I couldn't bear to eat the bear (no pun intended) so got my cousins to each take an appendage. haha...

I also give exclusive EBM. now total EBM cos my supply exceeded his needs liao. but at night i also feed one feed of FM so that he is used to it. U dun need to sterilise ur pumps meh? i sterilise it each them i finish pumping. I dun have a CL from tmr onwards lor, that's why i m wondering how the hell i m gg to cope. even if i feed FM at night, i still need to pump to maintain ss. currently pumping once every 3 hrs so even if he slps longer than 3 hrs, i still have to get up and pump.

2nd time mummies, any tips for me?

Haru, me not latching at all.. i got this BIG phobia aft the initial probs i have. that's why i dunno how i m gg to juggle.. i have to feed him, then get him to slp then pump, then sterlise the stuff.. wah lao.. like that i dun need to zzzzz liao..

Hi gals, my baby's belly button is a lil blackish on the inside.. any of ur babies button also lidat? i wonder if its normal..?

Hi Bear, nice cake!
happy.gif
Can ask u.. do u sterilise ur pump using the milk bottle steriliser? will it spoill the pump by doing tat?
Thanks!

bear: Really beautiful cake, will wanna get one for my baby maybe when she turns one...pricey but worth every dollar. Yes the bear is so nice...pity to eat it...!

RE: BROKEN SLEEP
Yes my HB and I didnt sleep for 3 days when baby slept with us...so now have CL to sleep with but after she leaves on Tue baby will sleep with maid...i bought the AVENT Philips monitoring system so when baby makes noise we can hear from our room...and will check on the baby. It's very difficult to sleep properly with bby ard..

mummies,
my boy has been been crazy these 2 days. He is bk to drinking every hr and cries for no reason, when i change his diaper, fed him and everythin liao... I really don't know what else is wrong lor. Have been burping him, so i don think its wind. Is it growth spurt ?? Advise pls....

Bear:
Get 2 sets of the funnels, etc. So that you can just rinse and then go back to sleep. That way you can have more sleep.

Bear,
ya, i hv same challenge; gota latch bb to feed, put her to sleep (which can take a looong time) n then pump only if i am sure she's in deep sleep. if not pump halfway she wakey then troublesome. end up not much time in betwn at all. but for past 2 days her day time feeding is every 3 hrs instead of 2 so that helps.

baby massage:
i signed up for the one organised by my company.. $40 for 3 1hourly sessions. missed out the 1st session cos i've lost track of dates ever since on maternity!! -_- Went for e 2nd session on sat and they touched on arm/leg/tummy/chest massages. did on my bb last nite and she seems quite like it but stil gets cranky after that.. sianz...

BB cranky during feeds:
i'm really getting tired.. almost every feed these days she cry and cry.. have to slowly coax her, carry her, burp her a # of times then she can finish in an hour or worst sometimes more than that.. My mil also getting pek chek already

BB making noises during sleep:
another problem wif her is whenever she sleeps in my room, she makes lots of noises and keep moving around e limbs but when i look at her, her eyes are closed.. Not in deep sleep at all.. I've to try changing her postions but after a while she starts making noises again. ANy of ur bbs like that as well?

Bluebear
hehee... based on wat u mentioned seems like she having gases most of the time.. But i always burp her lei, and she farts a lot too so shd hav gotten rid most of the gas liao wat..

peanut,
my baby can be quite a light sleeper and sometimes she jerk herself and wil wake and cry. but my baby normally only makes some grunting noise when she is about to wake up for feed or sometimes she's just stretching.

my challenge is not feeding but always gettin her to sleep. she can be quite a tough one to get to sleep..

Hi Mummies,

Would like to check if rotavirus and pnuemoccal vaccintions are necessary? I have already opted for 6-in-1 and MMR and Chicken pox vaccination for my baby so wondering does bb still need the above 2?

bear,

u can extend ur pumping hours. i pump every 5 hrs or 7 hrs now and my hb manages bb nite feed. however my bb last feed 11.30pm or midnite, he can zzzz till 6 or at times 7am. i give 140ml ebm last feed. has been like that for last 2 weeks. thses few days, after 6 or 7am feeds, he wakes up again at 11am so my concern is that he misses 1 feed. day time i do not do demand feeding else he will zzz all the time. we wake him every 3 hrs to feed during the day. he is on 130ml to 140ml ebm. he is also on total ebm.

i plan to drag my pumping to 8 to 9 hrs soon if possible overnite.

u need ur hb to feed at nite if bb cant zzz thru yet. then u can pump. but pump once can liao else u will go crazy.

i opposite from u ladies.... my 19th mth gal is the one driving us mad! she is really terrible
sad.gif

Peanut> My bb burbs easily, farts a lot but still got colic, i think bc he swallows the air when crying. He makes a lot of noise when he sleeps too, now i only carry him when he crys really loud if not i assume he is dreaming, keke.

lovedogs,
r u using avent IQ warmer? twice my milk is not warmed properly n still cold. dunno why like that..

mummies,
does ur baby fall asleep on their own for day naps? my bb always fusses n i hv a very hard time time gettin her to nap. feel like whole day i am either feeding her or tryin to pacify her to sleep.. dun hv any time to do other stuff much less nap..

Bear> Ever since my cl left, i tried to pump every 4 hrs, can get abt 150ml. But i'm always so busy wif bb that sometimes i only get to pump after 6, 8 or even 10hrs. Even then, my supply is quite ok still. No excess to store but enough for his daily feeds. I also feed him fm at night so that he can sleep longer. I didn't latch at all, tried the other day, bb dunno how to suck already. So i will pump while watching over him.

Fenugreek
All GNC no stock already, thought of buying and try.

Haru> Try sitting her on ur thigh and shake ur leg, my bb tends to fall asleep while feeling the vibrations. Learnt this from the massage session.

Back