(2008/11) November 2008


Lilian,
Me hotel not in SG lah... it's in Batam. You keen? If not, I can link you up with my contacts. Which area in SG you want? Sentosa? City? Changi? heheheh...
 
dymples, am looking at city area , more convenient, food and shopping wise. Then i saw siloso beach resort's roof garden suite from their website. Wah, like not bad. Got jacuzzi! But then... expensive lor
sad.gif
 
City area - got MBS, Fullerton, Carlton, Frasers, Traders, Amara. Sentosa only contact for Capella. That one even mroe ex. Siloso beach I don't like... Although the pool looks nice.
 
Kiki,
If I am not wrong, we are using Safety 1st car seat. Can use for infant and up to toddler. I cannot remember the model. I let my son use since he is 2mths old and now 19 mths, still using.
I remember quite easy to install as well.
 
kiki
i am using latido. it's cheap & i dun find it v good. it's a gift from my hb's boss.. i heard gd review for maxi cosi & britax. u can check out this two brand.
 
got, used to have a safety first one, but i got to confess here, bbq doesn't like car seat when he was more mobile.. so always struggle and cry lor.. then we also bad parents never enforce that... so sold my Safety First carseat some time ago.. now thinking of getting a car seat for my #2 :p

looking at maxi cosi - which model ah? so many to choose..
 
Hello..... thanks mummies for all the concern.. I'm ok la.. painkillers help quite a bit and i'm feeling better now

Kiki, wtan, Liv
In vivocity la... i was on my way with colleague to a steamboat restaurant behind Daiso.. Problem is the stairs dun hav railings at the side! unless u jus hold on to the wall lor kakaka... I came to the conclusion that the steps are narrow and i jus 踩空 lor..

Has been a busy day... Jus returned from Sentosa adventure park for a teambuilding activity discussion.. Washed my wound before that and i finally saw the stitches.. eerkk.. not v nice.. hope it heals well without obvious scar..
 
Lilian
sometimes it can b quite fun without anyone at home wahaha.. u can do watever u wan wor... Bring K out urself or meet up with other frens who hav kids so they can hav company and mix around..

I tink my bb carseat is britax.. Hubby got from USA and its in floral design quite nice
 
Maids
haiz.. my current maid.. already with us more than a month.. attitude ok.. always sir, mam, good morning, eat, sorry.. quite courteous.. But... Stupid.. and getting more and more stupid.. dunoe y lei.. majiam her brain cells slowly dying off.. things that she knew earlier now suddenly dunoe! Sometimes i hear my MIL screaming at her quite scary cos she like screamed until can faint anytime.. u know.. like blood going to 冲脑 soon.. Haiz.. then she keeps complaining to me about her but i jus smile and not going to do anything la.. ask her to tell her son instead.. Thing is.. My rascal quite like this maid, willing to play with her, unlike the previous one whom she din really fancy that much..
 
Kiki, my boy is using Maxi Cosi Cabrio... Rather popular.. Bought it coz we bought a Quinny Senz stroller so can just carry the car seat with my boy and fix to the stroller, super convenient. If u are interested can PM me, i give u the contact of the company I bought from.. gd service and cheaper than market price =)
 
peanut,
I had this problem before ... but no use if ur MIL doesnt like her ... u will soon get irritated by ur MIL screaming everyday so better change a new maid.

CHILLI!
Went for dinner with in-law yesterday. Lucas sitting in between hb and myself was often trying to use his spoon to grab those big plates of dishes in front and there was a small plate of chilli padi in front of him, so that hb and I cld share it. Before I cld stopped him, he dip his spoon into the plate of chilli and put it into his mouth!~ Then he try to stick his finger in, hoping to dig the spiciness out and trying to vomit/cough it out. We faster give him drink water and our cold drinks (non-gasy) but he was still feeling so awful. It took abt 5mins for him to settle down, feeling better. Ask him if he wants chilli again, he will shake his head. V poor thing but funny! Very soon, I will put a little chilli to wean him off from his pacifier, hoping he will throw it away himself and wont look for it again!
 
Jo,
You are definitely not a cruel mummy. My mum also told me that is the way to wean off pacifier. Glad that both my gals are not into pacifier right from the start.
 
Baked a swiss roll for the family's breakfast over the weekend.
4018658.jpg
4018659.jpg


My swiss roll is skinless, so need to coat a layer of buttercream and chocolate rice.
 
Snnowy
wow.. agaiin! is it nice?? How come no skin?? tot all baked cake will come with the skin.. thats e nice and most pang part!!
 
snnowy, we already made him quit bt during that time was difficult his way was to bite ppl around him.

your cake look yummy! your family v fortunate
happy.gif


nut hw r u? nv rest at home at work ah?
if your scar really nt nice i can recommend u a skin specialist c if can get rid of it let me knw if u need the contact.
 
minky
no la.. i've been working all along.. no MC thou doc did ask if i need.. can stil work la.. jus limp a bit while walking but getting better.. Tomm somemore take half day leave bring my gal and my nieces/nephew out.

Toking abt scar.. my c-sec scar has become a keloid.. v ugly and protruding and stil gets itchy.. Dunoe how.. Can only blame i dun take good care of it.. and din apply e cream gynae gave me regularly
 
morning mummies! Monday again...

car seat
thanks for your recommendation, will take a look at Maxi Cosi, Jenn, will PM u if my husband said ok to buy
happy.gif
 
Peanut,
No skill lor, The whole skin came off when I try to roll.

How come so many mummies c-sect de? Peanut, when i had my #1, the wound also protruding. It only when my 2nd c-sect, my gynae cut away those protruding 1, now nicer. But these day it really itchy. My mum ask it is never heal properly??
 
snnowy,
Ur swiss roll looks so yummy ... makes mi feel like having it for breakfast tomorrow liao. Hehe.

My C-sect wound okay eh .. neither protruding or itchy.

pacifier:
I'm afraid I cant use the cold turkey method. I will eventually give in.
 
Good morning mommies,

Super sianz this morning... totally no mood to work leh. Somemore got tons of reports to do. *yikes*


Peanut, Lilian,
Maybe you all can consult your gynae why the scars still itchy? Can't help you all here cos mine is natural birth for all my 3 babes.


Snnowy,
Wow! Wow! Your cake looks really yummy! Your family really lucky to have a hardowrking mommy who takes the time to bake for them during weekends. Me is super lazy mommy. Weekends is for sleeping. hehehehh...


Jo,
Actually hor.. not cruel lah. During our mommies time, people will use chilli to wean the kids off pacifier leh.
 
Morning!!

c-sec scar: nuts, mine also has very ugly and protruding out.. and also will itchy..haha i also nv apply the cream gynae gave me... ;p
snowy, can cut away one ah? if can then i will sure ask my gynae to cut it away.. hahaha
 
nuts, snnowy is telling u, to have another baby so tat ur gynae can cut away t protuding skin :p
It's not fun to be alone w the tod alone at home leh. Maybe its just me lah. Anyway, me and K both stayed at my mum's place over t wkend. I don't tink i can handle her alone at home. Incompetent mummy
sad.gif


Can i do a quick survey here?
Are your tods on pull-up diapers or normal one?
 
Snnowy: Woah - u really very onz abt baking
happy.gif
The cake looks good!

Jo: Good luck on the pacifier weaning!!! You can do it... Just started last week. I used combination of 1, 2 and 5.
Well been 1 week, 1st night the most terrible. Cried a solid 2.5 hrs. We had to carry him, pat him, walk ard the hse, walk downstairs, put teething gel, drink gripe water etc. But we just have to really persist and DONT GIVE IN! Only bad thing is that now he takes longer to fall asleep :x last time only need 15 to 30 min, now need abt 1 hr to put my boy to sleep!

Went Universal Studio on Sat
happy.gif
Quite fun hehe though G slept through a few of the exciting shows haha!
 
Lilian,
J3 is on Pull-Ups when we go out only. At home she wears the normal diapers.


Glad Gal,
Wow! So lucky! I also wanna go Universal Studios but the tickets are sssooo ex! S$66 per adult right? How about children yah? Any rides that children can take?
 
snowy
Ur cakes look yummy.. make me hungry... ur kids must have love it!

lilian
Used a few brands of diaper..

drypers normal >> at home
Huggies pull up >> at home
outing/night >> mammypoko normal/pull up pants
 
gladgal, hope yr boy can wean off soon! and when it's over, the routine will set back on track again. my gal oso took a while, the napping and sleeping intially is always difficult cos that's the time when they need their paci most.

ah lian, at home use normal, go out then pull up. but at MIL's hse, pull up all the way, cos MIL said easier and convenient to wear, hmmm
 
Lilian, Dymples: Hee not many rides suitable - I only went for one bird ride in Jurassic park with bb...many still require a min height, some can go if accompanied by parent, but my boy also quite 'timid' one so didnt dare to try :p Anyway, the ticket for them is free mah!! So just go and walk walk hehe. Go with more pple so can take turns to jaga baby and still go for the adult ride. :p
There is another junior ferris wheel (Far far Away) bb can go for. But all the shows can go. I enjoyed the 4D Shrek show the most. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!, worth the queue.

Dymples: Yup $66 on wkdays, but think $72 on Sat/Sun. It's our Family Day, so our staff tickets were $20 and family tix were also subsided phew! The food inside also very exp.
 
lian, normally at home is normal diaper go out then wear pull ups bt we realise that pull up give him rash if we don't change after 2 -3 hrs.
 
Jes: Tks! I am really happy that he is abt to be weaned off and our efforts paid off. Lucky my parents also accomodate to our request not to give. I know its tough on the caregivers as they have to put up with his fussiness daily, and sometimes it's so much more convenient to use the tutu.
I told my hb next time, 2nd child better don't use pacifier now that we been through this experience ;p and i certainly hope his sleep time will be back to 9.30pm soon!
 
lian, if you go U.S on friday remember to try garrett pop corn outside U.S. really nice
happy.gif
the caramel n pecan especially! yummy!
 
glad gal,
Thanks for the info. Sounds like so much fun!! Thinking of bringing my gals there but the exorbitant tickets prices are a put off. Will wait till enxt year when the hype dies down and see if they got promo offers. *cross fingers*
 
gladgal: wow universal sounds cool, wanna bring my gal there too..is it child friendly..? Pls tell us more abt the adventure!

snowy: can open bakery liao lor..so talented..so jealous! i am lousy at cooking and baking..

kiki: I used Maxi cosi cabrio when at infant stage bcos can take out of car and use as a carrier...like hold on the hand..now using combi but hor my gal does not like car seat sigh both my car seats costed me $1.2k and i wished she would sit in it for safety reason...
 
Peanut..
How is ur wound? Is it still as painful? Think u better to avoid as much dark sauce stuff for time being..my scar is still visible as of now..really must take care hor..

Snnowy..
U awaz post yummy stuff that makes me drool saliva leh..can I start ordering from u? hehe..

Lian..
I think one of my thread end at the c-sect wound stitch was not trim properly leh..aaa..actually hor I can still SEE the black thread on it leh..it’s glue into my skin le..nothing I can do liao..ops..

Ali..
So hv u manage to get settle with the arrangement for T?
 
Soho: There is a baby care centre near the entrance
happy.gif
Most of the toilets can also diaper change. Hee I am a theme-park person at heart, so I personally find it fun to walk around! My boy was tired out and he fell asleep during some of the shows, but he had fun walking around, playing with water and also eating alot of junk food hehe. If u dont like too much crowds, can go on weekdays instead :p
 


Lilian,
Ya,ya, I'm hinting for nut to get preggy again, then during c-sect, doc will cut nice nice for her. hahaha.


Jo,
Who is your gynae? I think your gynae's cutting and sewing skill must be really very good. Mine was really protruding out like an earthworm stuck to the skin. yucks...


Soho,
Thanks. I love cooking and bakering is a new found hobby. Actually I think I need to thanks my mum. When we were young, she was so busy with biz that she leaves the cooking to us. During my sec sch days, I always need to rush home to cook, thus in a way, trained me.


Wtan,
Cannot take order lay, still learning the rope.
happy.gif

You also had c-sect? Didn't know that so many mummies here gave birth via c-sect. If thred not obvious that still ok. I've heard from my friend's mum, who c-sect wound gave problem after more than 15 yrs from last birth. In the end need to operate again and there were pus in the wound. It healed properly outside but not inside. Scary...
 

Back
Top