(2008/10) Oct 2008

<font color="0077aa">XY: errrmm... very few of the books are mine; some are gifts and some are "tumpang" loot.

Jelly: you talking about the previous press out activity boks? nope, they do not have it this time round. I am also looking for 2 of those. Hmmm... Its ok, I may have another lobang. Will suss out and let you know.

Re: milk. I am not fussed lah. C still takes milk 3X a day. Morning: mainly 'cos we usually rush off so no time for her to eat properly (read: sloooowly 'cos she's quite a fussy eater). Before nap and at night. Hmmmm... I just follow her lead lor. Because I for one loves milk / hot drink before heading to bed so haha, I am not fussed about weaning her off. </font>

xy
i am not sure myself cos i was just looking at the hotel deal and is similar to the published rate online so to me, get fm her or from rws direct no diff but i hv 2 say, to part $320 via tt its difficult for me... also, i think the only way to verify this is to contact RWS direct to see if this activity is "legal"

buffy
ic... cos these days to save $, i buy the 1.8kg tin... and u know they have the used of date for FM... so just feel that the fm may not be so fresh after opening for so long :p

ooh, pls let me know abt the press out activity book lobang u hv! TIA

Mrs Pung,
Ya lor... her nick is very new... and she's not very prompt in her replies. No table also. Wonder how she track.

Or wait till may/june, see those that bought manage to get rooms.

xy
i think she lives at buangkok, right? can go "visit" her? like email her and ask if can meet to authenticate the vouchers? if genuine, u pay her $ on the spot....

<font color="0077aa">purple: thanks dear... both areas a bit out for me... Sigh... nevermind, I shall perservere in my search! lol</font>

mummies,
what are "press out activity book"?

FM, my elder son 5 years old now, still drinking FM 3 times a day :p. Unless we go out, will reduce to 2 times a day.

I prefer them to have at least 2 FM a day.

Mrs Pung,
I think her deals are pay first.
The vouchers will only be generated closer to check-in dates. And she can only cfm like 2 weeks prior.

Imagine... all hype up excited, then she say... Oops... no room. Sianz to the max!

buffy,

mayb u can let me know which titles u are looking at... then if i happen to chance upon another book booth at isetan... can keep a look out for u...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hello All,

Xy,

Saw the hotel package thing that you mentioned. Dun seems very genuine to me. hmmm....

I managed to google other posting which I believe is from the same person who conducted the BP but the price quoted is slightly higher.

Think wait and see if the deals go thru for those who made the booking in May, it's scary to see those people transferring so much $$ hopefully they reali get the deal!
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Jelly,

Do u think we shd checked with RWS/MBS directly to see if there's such good lobang?

Becos I've checked with a staff at MBS who told me that even staff dun get such rates especially on National Day, their staff discount is not applicable at all.
</font>

jelly,
YES! but it's not there everyweek de... so last sun it was at parkway. so maybe can look out for you ladies cos i will go NEX every fri and sun.
happy.gif

bluey
yes. i fact i am tempted to call RWS to say one of their agent is selling vouchers for uss/staycation. but if i do that then i may spoil market lah... then again, we could be heros too!

purple
ok, i go chk this week. maybe i go nex on thur or fri eve...

<font color="0077aa">thanks purple, so nice of you to offer. I have a pic at home. Will take it and then email you. Can you PM me yr email addy please?

On my end, I am also asking one of the BP sellers if they have and if she can get it from the supplier, we can all pool our order.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Jelly,

I think we shd just call to confirm/verify if there's such deals? if it's valid then good! But if not, we are preventing more victims frm falling into the 'scam'
</font>

XY, Jelly, Lil Bluey,
My hubby very skeptical about it and decided that we should not take the risk. He just gave the green light to book through the RWS site les than 15mins ago! Finally he decides to give me a 'treat' with government's 'ang bao' money. Been a long while since I feel so excited!

Lil Bluey,
Thanks once again for Sofya's clothes. They are all so new looking and pretty!

purple
sorry, as i am not super orientated w NEX, level 2 or 3 near which shop?

bluey
ok, maybe later when i am free at noon i call and verify for fun...

<font color="0000ff">Elch,

You are most welcome!
happy.gif

I felt the same way too, there's something inside my mind telling me otherwise....I rather pay more than to fall prey to such 'gd deals' later really ended up "Penny Wise, Pound Foolish"

Think I will go call them and check with them too lol ;p~

</font>

jelly,
after thinking, it should be at level 3... but near which shop... wa... this is a tough qn. heehee, if i rem correctly, it's near the mickey mouse store.

NEX is a maze...
Everytime i go, i cannot find the lift that goes to the car. Walk in circles!!!
And the carpark there is horrible. Ken always curse when we exit.

Mrs Pung/Bluey,
Pls share after u call.

purple
thanks. will go chk it out!

xy
i agree NEX is a MAZE... my hubby hates the CP there... he laments about which foolish architect design this ultra none functional CP!

<font color="0000ff">I just called MBS to check on the rates and they said they dun have such low rates not especially on National Day and all city view rooms will be subjected to availability only on the day of check in.

The rate for national day is $590 (not inclusive of taxes)

So????
</font>

XY,
The carpark is really horrible! Dylan loves Nex but hubby hates it for its carpark. Hubby will complains his way to a lot and complains his way down to the exit almost each time we go.

Jelly, Bluey, XY,
If the deal in BP thread is true then I'll be banging my head on my laptop! I've booked through RWS site! Got to do so before hubby changes his mind!

<font color="0077aa">re: RW... Here's my experience with USS though its not the same. I think some of them have lobangs for such things with agents / they are agents themselves. JTS, my ABC colleague was approached at USS previously when he was queuing for tickets with his family. He kept the contact and passed it on to us when we had a team building in Jan.

Turns out the offer for that USS was genuine and he was an agent. We only had to pay SGD45 per adult as compared to SGD60. So all our coordinator did was to print out the tickets and then pay the agent.

But thats for USS and the risk was low. For RWS, I am not sure. :</font>

<font color="0000ff">Elch,

Even if agent booking oso not as low as this, moreover on National Day!!

Let me ask the lady...strangely no one question if the deal is so gd to be true?
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Buffy,

Hopefully, it turns out to be the same case as what you mention. Then good for those who booked!
happy.gif

</font>

XY, this is for u!
Term 1 Mon 18.4.2011 - Fri 3.6.2011 7 weeks
Vacation Sat 4.6.2011 - Sun 26.6.2011 3 weeks
Term 2 Mon 27.6.2011 - Fri 19.8.2011 8 weeks
(Mid-Semester Test) Mon 27.6.2011 - Fri 1.7.2011 1 week
Exam Week Mon 22.8.2011 - Fri 2.9.2011 2 weeks
Vacation Sat 3.9.2011 - Sun 16.10.2011 6 weeks

Me totally sian as term starting next week...

Hotel Package,
Ya, me saw the BP too, b4 that think she posted at WTS section, got the "customers" review somemore. Me contacted her b4, that time her promo was $400 for 2D1N RWS + 5 USS. But when she replied "As stated no receipt will be given. Vouchers is given 1-2 days before the actual date", I decided not to take the risk!

XY,
Haha...yes totally opposite! Have u found the helper for My Kenteen? Too bad, my timetable is very packed, else I can go earn some FM $$$ for my boys. Isaac still very on to FM, still drinking 3-4times FM per day, Pediasure somemore!

Hello mummies!!

NEX's carpark, hands up &amp; can't agree more that their carpark SUCKS!And I lost Kaelyn's cardigan while gng to the car..sigh. ;(

XY, the iherb snacks are really nice!! ;)

Hotel package @ RWS/MBS, saw this BP too and was keen but sceptical bout it too and hub was commenting National Day's package @ MBS too good to be true...they even wan to earn more $$ esp on those hot dates why wld their packages be even cheaper on National day instead, they will be lugi mah, tats why kiasi me dun dare take the deal liao! ;p

Actually I m skeptical about this hotel bp thingey. I know pp in RWS n MBS and no one knows of such a gd deal. I won't take the risk of paying first n getting confirmation just 2 wks before the chosen date. If it is real, why can't a confirmation b sent the moment u pay? Anyways, gd luck to those who hv tt.

Btw, those planning to go RWS or MBS during national day wk, u might want to think about the crowd. My contac at MBS shared w me' it was a nitemare last yr n the infinity pool was jam packed w bodies .. So it ain't exactly a relaxing hol .. That is if u ain't like crowds.

I stayed at RWS last yr during one of those long wends n there were so many pp we had to drive to vivo for our meals

Ruffles, tats oso my hub's concerns over the staycation @ MBS during the National day period, sure darn crowded! Think I will drop this idea now.. ;)

Nickypower- yes. Go elsewhere. Or even staying at home, going for a nice high tea somewhere is nice too.. Well it's nice to me'.

i m thinking of doing smthg evil. create a fake acct n post acclaim that i called rws to chk n they say no such deals! i think i get beaten up!

elch
me too. i'm sorry i "za" the bp org's "fan wan" but if it is a scam at least RWS can alert the authority. it's hard earn $ of all the mommies in this forum...

Jelly,
Agree. I'm so glad that I didn't get impulsive and book the RWS Hotel Stay through her. At least I don't feel panicky after reading so many doubts.

got reply from RWS. same as bluey's:

Dear Ms. Hong,

Thank you for sharing the packages offered on the forum with us.

With regrets, we are not able to provide assurance and justify the authenticity on the below promotional rates given by the seller in www.singaporemotherhood.com as they are not Resorts World Sentosa authorized seller. We will raise this information to the relevant department for further investigation and at the mean time, please do visit www.rwsentosa.com should you like to purchase promotion package Resorts World Sentosa has to offer.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

Eliz Chua (Ms)

Duty Manager - Call Centre

Resorts World Sentosa

Worldwide Reservations &amp; Ticketing Centre

Back