(2008/10) Oct 2008

Sorry to interrupt…

Any mummies here sick of taking public transports (with no one giving up seats for you!!) and hope that your hubby could rent a car for short term (eg. 6mths to 1 year)?

Pls call Chee Hau @ 9654 6800 or email him: [email protected].
Pls quote the subject title “MTB - Car rental” for 10% discount.

Cheerio!

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to intrude..
I've got an extra brand new belly band - great product for extending the life of your prepregnancy clothes, helping pregnant women wear clothes comfortably, particularly in between stages of midpregnancy and postpartum.
Read reviews here:-
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/maternityclothes/gr/babybemineband.htm

Color: Black w/Prints
Width: ~45cm measured flat across
Picture:-
http://p1nk1ebooth.blogspot.com/2008/05/black-baby-be-mine-belly-band-30-taka.html

Interested, pls PM me! Tks!
happy.gif

Good morning mummies
happy.gif

lili
It is important to choose an infant care center which is near to your place. Last time, I put my boy at the infant care center located at my workplace for the sake of the convenience. Guess what, in the end, everyday hubby has to rush to fetch us and therefore have to knock off punctually at 5.30pm. If hubby cannot fetch us, then we would have to catch a cab home which would cost more than $10++. Hence it creates more inconveniences!

mousebb
Infant is near my home and most of all is christian org. They will have singing and praise session. I worry will not reach ctr on time as i knock off at 6pm and will have to rush. Both ctr also need to rush by 7pm.

lili
Dont worry cos at least the infant care is near to your house. What time do you start work? Can start work earlier and knock off earlier to fetch your bb? Last time my hubby had to change his working hours from 8.30am to 8am so that he can have enough time to go fetch us.

Whitepaper
Update us on your results and detailed scan tomorrow hor. Dont worry, everything is going to be fine and all of us here will be praying for you
happy.gif

good morning ladies

wow! whitepaper u r going for detail scan today. muz be very gan cheong yah.

yah! yah! yah! update us pls...

morning mummies!
today, i reach office so early.. hahaha.. feel so strange!! hahaha.. :p

what did u mummies have for bfast today?? i had chee cheong fun again.. hehehe

mousebb
Thank you very much for remembering so clearly when my amnio results will be released and the date of detailed scan! Am very very touched
happy.gif

All mommies
To clarify, I'll be receiving my amnio results tomorrow as well as my actual detailed scan (the one I did prior to the amnio was similar). Thank you all for your support all these while, I had become more and more positive day by day as I can feel my baby's movements more and more. And I can't do this without all your prayers urging me on. Thank you... I'll update tomorrow evening when I'm back home. Hope it's good news
happy.gif

wah the thread is moving fast leh, must keep catch up if not really miss up a lot of important info hahaa

maternity pant >> i also get elastic one and can fold down. nw tummy getting bigger liao i nvr fold down le.. most ppl said cover the belly is better to support the weight of belly.
i also get some those cover belly de panty, like ah mah panty one loh..
tot is ugly but really more comfortable

Whitepaper >> update how ur detailed scan yah? must be very excited.. and good luck for ur amnio test result

Breakfast >> boring bread with milk

maternity pant >> I have some that r under the belly kind (my fav), foldable kind & also the high waist kind (hand-me-down from my sis but not too comfortable 4 me)

Spring >> Bought 2 basic tops from TG Pagar MRT branch to get their free membership =P
My sis said I will need real maternity top in the later stage coz normal top cannot fit de.
DH wanted to get the journal for mom & bb from spring too so we got it at $19.90 member price.
Sigh...haven start on it...so lazy.

JJmom,
i bot the exact same things (2 tops) as u did at Spring n got the membership... we also bot the journal, cos my hubby spotted it too... and... just like u.. i havent start on it yet!! wahahahaha...

Rachel's Mummy,
wahhh... sounds very "sng" and shiok!! hhahaaha..

whitepaper,
tats why this forum is such an "attraction".. its good to learn from each other, and to support each other here.. i've learnt alot from u mummies.. cos was sooo sua ku on a lot of matters!

whitepaper
result will be GOOD! stay positive....

mousebb
i knock off at 6pm & start at 8.30am. Here in my company, have learning vision but only 18mths then can enrol... /sigh... either i opt to put bb 3mths later or 2mths later (still considering taking 2 mths maternity / 3 mths...)

<font color="0000ff">Hey Gals,

Do u know that Library offer free Baby Journal to all expectant mothers or mums who have kids that are born after Year 2007? Juz need to check with the staff at the information counter and all u need to do is feel up a form and they will give you set!! I got mine last Sat!!
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Lili,

But if you opt for 2 mths then 1 mth ML later, will there be anyone to help you look after your bb temporarily?</font>

Littlebluey,
I had NO IDEA!!!!!!!! sigh, should have known earlier... so i can dont buy the one from SPRING!!!! :'(

<font color="ff0000">forest</font>, hehehe....

<font color="0000ff">littlebluey</font>, thanks babe for the info.

<font color="0000ff">My fren told me about it, else I oso dunno library got give out such thing.

Now that you all mention about the journal you bought from Spring, then I remember about the free bb journal given at the libary, nvm lar, u can go take oso, it's hard cover book then u can record all the stuff abt your bb
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Icylemon,

No prob
happy.gif
only if I had remember to share it with you all earlier *pai seh* slipped my mind leh, but I'm certain those that JJmom and Forest bought surely very nice
happy.gif
</font>

Forest, aiyah...c lah, told my DH tat day, I haven look ard for journal to compare &amp; he so kan cheong must buy on the spot, saying the spring 1 vy nice already...blah blah blah. He is always like tat de, make me regret some of the things we bought.

mousebb, u mentioned u're currently using the capella stroller. Which model is it again huh? Yesterday i was at kiddy palace looking at strollers and it look small to me..i wonder how long can bb sit in that stroller.

littlebluey
if infant have vacancy in late Dec, i don't mind put bb in first when i'm still on ML. Else, if vacancy in Jan 09, i will have to apply leave which i don't wish.

lili, tat's what I had in mind too if I need 2 put my bb in infact care in the end. I will try to put bb in Dec so tat all of us can slowly get used to the routine 1st b4 I go back to work.

But we haven decide now...still quite lost on this caring of bb matter lei.

littlebluey, sigh...not really lah, he is always like tat when it comes to buying things. Will buy at the 1st pc he come across *faint* He is not those who will compare 3 stores b4 buying...vy scare of him sometimes, always kenna chop cai dou, waste $$$

<font color="0000ff">Lili,

Hope you have gd news in Dec, so that you dunnit to fret over taking leave to care for bb, but worse come to worse, if really no choice then have to take.

JJmom,

U oso hv the same situation? no immediate family to care for bb?</font>

Whitepaper
Jiayou!
happy.gif

Littlebluey
Thanks for the info!

everafter
The model of the Capella Stroller which we are currently using should be S-321 but the handler is not reversible. Suggest you go to John Little or any other departmental stores cos Kiddy Palace only have limited models/brand of strollers.

JJmom
I also got the Journal from Spring during my last pregnancy but in the end also too lazy to note down all the details...

littlebluey,
me too.. no immediate family to care bb, so once report to work, must put bb in infant care le
sigh...
still haven get time go down to infant care take a look &amp; compare

<font color="0000ff">JJmom,

Then my DH is the opposite of yours, at least he's not the impulsive buyer. He's very prudent but of coz if he wants to buy something I will oso see if I know of any places whereby they sell cheaper then can buy hahahaha guess when it comes to shopping, ladies intuition still rocks! hahahaha ;p</font>

Littlebluey, my mom &amp; my sis's maid is taking care of my niece who juz turn into her 'terrible 2'

Both my sis &amp; my mom's thinking is for us to bring bb over to them too but I m worried tat it mayb too tiring 4 them loh so we haven decide yet.

M thinking if bb can cope &amp; do well in infant care then mayb juz put bb there bah. But my sis &amp; my mom r against the idea thou.

<font color="0000ff">Mousebb,

Yr infant care charge oso very high wor *diaoz* it's like almost half of the salary or so will go twds the infant care, wah if calculate like that the bb exp is very high for one mth.

My DH's co infant care even worst, $1.5k and it's subsidized alrd *faint*</font>

mousebb, thanks. Oh, we just happen to shop around after dinner lah..intend to buy frm big departmental stores during GSS. Do u remb how much u bought your stroller for?

Littlebluey,
hahahaha... ok ok, maybe will pop by the library and ask for it... then depending on which is nicer, i'll use it..

JJmom,
hahahaha.. ya lor.. same for me.. its my hubby who spotted it too.. he spotted it the moment we step in.. he's not interested in maternity clothes lah.. hahahh...

btw, u have to control ur hubby for those big items we r gonna get for bb.. cos i think if we look ard, we'll def be able to find the best deal.. n wont kena chop cai tou!!

JJmom, i suggest u bring ur bb over to let ur mum &amp; ur sister's maid to take care. is easier to have 2 person to take care of 2 kids.

if u have help, then dun reject. i think ur mom will be very willingly to help you to save $.

of coz is better to have immediate family member to take care of the bb or nanny oso not bad. rather then putting them in infant care mah.

u think abt it lah.

plus ur niece already 2 yrs old. ok lah. though still very active but i think ur mum &amp; the maid can cope.

*pat pat* dun worry.

Rachel Mum
The govt subsidy for full-time working mothers is $400 and so after subsidy, still need to pay $882.

Littlebluey
Precisely. After deducting the fees, diapers, milk powder and all other necessities, more than half of my salary was on the bb. Hence after going thru the pros and cons, my hubby decided it is best to take care of him myself.

Back