(2008/10) Oct 2008

Hello ladies, I haven't been in this thread for a while.. hope that everyone is doing fine and blossoming
happy.gif

I went to see my gynae today.. I am now at 8wks 3d, baby is 1.7cm and my EDD is 30 Sep.. hmm, but my previous baby came out late.. so if this one also comes late.. I could still be an Oct mama.. hee, 1st Oct quite nice hor.. Children's Day.

Porky,
I briefly scanned thru the archives and saw that you had a m/c. Please be brave and look ahead. You will recover! Be strong.

Monyetnakal,
There is no right or wrong time to start buying maternity clothes. it really depends on how fast your body expands.. some people don't show at all until like 5th month.. so can still wear their usual clothes.. but some people start showing as early as 2-3mths..

Based on my personal experience.. actually buying normal pants with a bigger size might be a good idea because right AFTER you give birth, you won't be able to fit into your old clothes yet.. and trust me, you wouldn't want to wear your maternity clothes after you gave birth! haha.. but don't buy too many.. just one or 2 pcs.. then can buy maternity pants.. afterall u will need them.

HI,

Some maternity pants are stretchable one (with a string that u can put / release the size) this one you can start to wear now if you feel more comfortable. I used to wear lose T-shirt and some lose pant (not maternity one) for 1st tri then i start to buy maternity clothes after 1st tri.

I saw some maternity clothes design are v nice in suntec (near toy'r us). probably i will drop by one day after my 1st tri.

But pls remember dun squeeze urself into the tight pant ;-)

Hi CH Lee and Jasminetea,

Thanks for ur replies. My Dr only did tummy scan for me. I guess it's not so clear as compared to v scan. But he did tell me not to worry, things look ok. And shd be able to see heartbeat at next visit, which is 2 weeks later. Sigz..2 weeks long of wait is so unbearable..

hi cally, how are u now ? hope u feel better today. my spotting seems like stop already, today did not see any more red...who is ur 1st gynae that did ur D&C for u ?

hi hazeline, ur scan can only see sac growing at 6w 5 days ? can see any fetus or not ? did ur gynae use v scan to see ? cos my gynae use v scan to see at 5w 4 days, can see a bit of fetus...only that my fetus is not healthy thats why stop growing at 8 weeks...end up i have to do D&C to remove it...but i am ok now

hi jess, yes my D&C is done by Dr Adrian. no pain at all....i was crying when Dr Adrain came to see me before that, he told me not to worry, there is no pain just sleep all the way. is true loh. but of cos will feel nervous lah, and also first time admitted to hospital, that type of feeling is very hard to explain...

Porky.. oh.. during the procedure muz GA ah? i understand how u feel.. during my first ever op i also cried at the table cos was realli afraid.... Dr adrian is a realli nice person.. i had a long and hard 28 hrs labour in 2006 and he was v v v nice and gentle...

aiyoh so sorry to hear about that porky jean... you seem very strong though, and I'm sure you'll recover quickly. think positive!

I am sleepy and bored in the office. waiting for boss to come back... a lot of things stuck with him. but then once he come back, more stress. so i guess bored is better than stressed.
happy.gif

Porky,
Are u feeling very affected by your m/c? I don't mean to be blunt.. but if u are, then I strongly encourage u to seek support group.. but at the same time, don't wallow in self-pity or u may sink into depression. Grief what you must and then move on. It may not be easy.. but trust that you can!

I had been through a horrific preg termination before.. and I was 5mths preg at that time. Everyday I just feel like dying.. then after that, when I became preg with my previous baby.. i cried everyday for a week cos i was so scared.. but now that my first boy is coming to 1yr old.. and then I m preg again..i don't feel so worried and scared liao. this time round, i didn't cry liao. I guess as time goes by, things get a little better.

I think we all need to be very strong... I know at least two mummies who had 2 miscarriages. One now has two healthy toddlers, and another has 3!

Grieving is natural, and totally agree with Autumn that at some point must move on. Sometimes women are stronger than we think.

hi Emma, the nurse told me not GA...is LA..dunno what does that mean..u also seeing Dr Adrain ? he delivered ur 1st bb ? ya indeed vvv scared and shivering on the table. but Dr Adrian keeps telling me, all will be over very soon.

Autum & CH Lee, no worries. i have already joined the support group thread. all of them are very supportive and strong there. we keep encouraging each other and we will recover soon. i dont feel so sad anymore, but will always wake up and feel my tummy...dunno why mayb still miss the little bum there...hehe. btw, why u need to terminate ur pregnancy at 5th months ? sorry if i stirred ur past...

Porky.. yes.. me with dr adrian.. oh.. LA ah.. local anethesia.. so only that part has been numb.. so u were awake during the procedure right... aniwayz.. i'm glad you're doing very well now.. jia you!!

Hi porky,

Yes, the scan showed 6w 5 days yesterday, but can only see sac. I cannot see bb leh. But it was tummy scan, which is less clear then v scan.

In any case, i'll be keeping a positive outlook until the next appointment. For my sake, and my bb's sake =)

millie
why not?

actually we dun hv to be so paranoid abt the fd we eat/things we do.
eg. instant noodle, junk food, coffee, tea....these are still fine if we dont consume in excessive amts.
Only cheese (not our sliced types but those angmoh type, very exotic ones) and raw fd (eg. salmon, half boiled eggs) we hv to avoid.
dyeing hair, manicure...are fine too.

Hi Emma & Hazeline, I think wait for another two weeks you should be able to see bb's heartbeat liao. The wait is painful but still gotta wait!
happy.gif
You calculated from LMP but maybe conception date is different which is why some can see heartbeat already...

Hi mummies, just went for NT test & result is good! I will be bringing the result to Dr Woody on Mon again. The nurse told me I still have blood clots, haiz & she asked me why, I also don't know.. I really hope the blood clot will disperse soon & I am approaching my 12 weeks soon... When doing the ultrasound, bb was sitting (crouching) & sleeping, don't want to move at all, so I had to turn myself left & right & the nurse had to tap my tummy to move bb in order to measure the neck. And can see bb's nose & fingers, so cute!

Also went to AMK Blk 720 to buy some maternity pants because I cannot fit into my jeans already. The pants are not expensive anout $26-$29. But my tummy still not very obvious, I don't think look like 3 mths leh.. Kekeke

hi storeberry

ur bb is so cute...cant wait for mine to be like that too!..Din knw can see bb sit etc when at 12 weeks wor...its indeed a very amazing thingy right?

Hi
happy.gif

Littleger, ya lor. Everyone said 2nd pregnancy, our tummy will be very big and show faster. I guess no choice lar. Hope can go back to pre-pregnancy figure later on can liao!

Hazeline, I understand how you feel. My next visit to my gynae is 8 Mar! Like very long also. However, since your gynae said everything is okay, then should be okay. Count down to your next visit.
happy.gif

Millie, I think should not be any problem eating spicy ramen. I got craving for spicy food, like laksa especially haaa.. But I control the amount I eat. I eat laksa but don't drink the soup. Like what Traz said, don't take in excessive amts will be fine.

Porky, please take care of yourself. Need to build back your health after D&C.

hi traz,

Not really agree...

Cafferine will induce pre-mature delivery / miscarriage. So better dun take. And it is not advisable during BF as your bb will be very restless and alert.

Instant noodle and junk food - better to avoid as not healthy. Just remember your bb eat what u eat.

Of course, if you really cannt resist, then moderate lor..

wow... interesting to scan baby sleeping. somehow i forget that they sleep inside too... just like us.

do you guys feel that your boobs expand in the late afternoon? Just now I was feeling so uncomfortable i had to go to the toilet to take out bra for a while!
kao_blush.gif

Hi Porky
do u feel cramp before the procedure?
today i went to see my gynea due to spotting last 2 nights.
Did a v scan and realise not much growth & no bb heartbeat also.
Dr says bad pregnancy. will monitor a week & if no growth will do D&C next week

Aftr knwing de news very sad & keep having tummy cramps.

I know God only give us de best. pls pray for me there will b miracle.

Hi Jlow, all the best & don't give up!

Thanks Jasmine & CH Lee.

Diane: Yah man its amazing!! So funny that bb is sitting & sleeping.. Kekeke

hi callie
Sorry to hear that. Pls take care of urself.
Jasminetea
Thanks on durian info. When hungry, i eat small meals.
Shall pray for mtb with good health.

Jess my LMP 1 Jan, abt 5 weeks from conception.

storeberry, I will thanks.

Porky, can u tell me where's the thread for the support grp pls?

hi Jlow, sorry to hear that...i got terrible cramps before the procedure cos Dr ask me took 2 pills to dilate the cervix...quite painful and has lots of bleeding like lumps(must put on pad to sleep) btw, did u ask ur gynae abt the tummy cramps ?? not to worry, just hope for that miracle.

hi Emma, i was on LA but i was totally knock out after the injection...not half awake at all during the procedure. but i was awake after it was done.

hi hazeline, u will be able to see ur bb soon. take good care.

hi storeberry, ur bb is sooooo cute. sitting and sleeping all the way during ur NT scan ? guess u will be able to know ur bb gender real soon. i also feel excited for u. hehe.

Hi Diane,

I was at the Dr yesterday but can only see sac. I cant see bb although Dr say not to worry, everything seems ok. Not sure if its bcoz i duno how to see bb in the scan or wat.

Jlow,
Hope u will hv gd results next week. My LMP also 1 Jan, so quite worrying although i dun hv any bleeding or cramps..panty all clear leh. Sigz..BTW, wat is spotting? droplets of blood? Or alot like menses?

hazeline
mine was just a 20 cent patch,brownish color.

porky,
i not sure is it bcos my gyne was checking cause of spotting and she put something into my v and so i had e cramps since then.
but de cramps come & go.

Hi Porky

I am fine but tired lor, as I did the D & C in the afternoon, so reach home in the evening.

My first gynae is Dr Lawrence Ang in Sun Plaza.
He told me to try again after 1 month ..

do u have MSN , mine is [email protected]

hi Jlow, u mean ur gynae did the vaginal scan ? i dont think the vaginal scan will cause the cramps, mayb she wants to confirm whether ur bb is still ok or not. do u still experience any pregnancy symthoms these few days ?

Back