(2008/10) Oct 2008

hi morn all!
Sleep well last night?
I just gotten a block nose, will go GP on mon to rest. Just dun feel like going to work, but resting at home so noisy cos lift upgrading is on. V jialat.
Told my closer colleagues and bosses. Wait till over 1st trimester then share. But some already suspecting cos of my walking pattern and little tummy pop out, so wear jacket to cover. LoL.

<font color="ff6000">morning everyone!

Yup, very sian i cannot wear my fav jeans anymore. but guess what?! today I stole my hubby's jeans. I said wah fantastic it fits (he quite slim lah, waist only 2 cm more than me) thanks! then he said, wah i got say give you wear meh? haha. i don't care. wearing now - think can wear until 4th month then after that got to wear those stretchy band on top maternity jeans.

Just wanna ask, any of you thinking of cutting hair soon? my hair very long. Thinking of cutting in second tri, so less to manage.

Mona!! great to see you here - heh heh I've got a different nick but we were both in Mar 07 SG brides thread!</font>

Good monring everyone,

i m seeing Dr Adrian tonight, abit kan chong...hope can see the sac + heart beat....

Hi Cally,

i tot your Hormone is increasing...and sac still in the WOMB why still need D&amp;C ? doc said not healthy ? what's ur LMP ?

Tdy wore my fav jeans to work n I find it v.tight...gotta unbutton it n use my top to cover the 'exposure'...hee...where do u ladies plan to get ur maternity wear? I'm more concerned of bottoms as I'm v.tall thus harder to buy...tops r easy to get wif the tunics trend nw...

i am wearing tunic top today and baggy jeans as earlier mentioned. my boss kept staring at me! hiyah. just ignore lah. intend to tell them after first tri.
happy.gif

think will buy more maternity wear after first tri when confirmed baby more stable.

I am starting to feel that my clothes are tight too already. Bought 1 pc of dress yesterday from Perfect Mum...and some panties too.
Hi elchwong, din know giordano has offers...have not bought their clothes for a very long time. Will go and take a look later!...today is Friday! yeah!

As my gynae gave me 3 days MC to rest, I got no choice but to tell my boss who always like to probe why we're on MC. He made me very piss yesterday! Knowing my reason for taking MC, he wrote a mail to others in ( ), saying that maybe "bcos of taking up another account, I was sick for whole week. haha jus joking." But to me, it's not funny at all. Dun understand why a boss would write such a mail.

Diane...I've also not been buying fr Giordano for a long time till yest cos I'm trying to buy 'normal' clothes which I can wear even after 10 mths...

My tummy nt showing yet except for bloatedness so I feel kind of paiseh to step into those maternity wear shop leh...scared they dun entertain me n think I kiasu...

<font color="ff6000">Precious - wah this kind of boss can consider not going back after maternity leave liao.

I have only bought 2 baby doll dresses from robinsons. Very bright satin kind. hee. but now too early to wear unless i wear with belt. otherwise sure kena questioned.</font>

Littleger, I guess that he's not that happy with my pregnancy. Though he say congrats when I told him. He's the sort who does not want to have kids. Haiz...dunno how it's going to affect my work. No matter what, still must endure until the maternity leave is over.

Precious: ya lor... no matter wat, just to tolerate until u clear ur maternity leave!! Cannot lugi the 3 mths maternity. I sorta feel tat my boss wasn't pleased i took so many days mc recently... sigh!

morning ladies...

u know, the more i read, the more i cant help but worry cos my LMP is 09 jan and yet dr adrian still can find the sac last monday... do u guys think i should go seek another gynae before my appt with him again the tues after next? cos dunno if i can wait sooooo long... urgh....

last night was feeling terrible again...cant eat, but feel the stomach v empty. My hb wondering how am i goin to return to work next week. sigh~ he even asked me if i want to resign and rest at hm...but dun think i will want lah...with bb coming there'll b more expenses..jus hope b gettin well soon

Hi MTB,

Other than Juz Me, anyone of you detected bb's heartbeat liao?

I went to the Dr yesterday, he can only see that the sac has grown from last Mon. But cant see bb/heartbeat yet. He asked me to see him again 2 weeks later at 8w 5 days. My LMP is 1 Jan 08, scan on last Mon shows 5w 3 days, scan yesterd shows 6w 5 days. Is it too early to detect heartbeat? Any of u noe when can we usuali see the 1st heatbeat?

When i was carrying my #1, my 1st Dr visit was 8w 5 days, so heartbeat is v.clear.

Sigz..

Hi all,
i think most of us have the same worries/problems..that bosses are not supportive or not ahppy that we take mcs..especially those who dun have families or kids themselves...no choice lor...just have to thicken our skin and carry on...priority must still be on baby...if really need to rest, then must rest ")

Hi Emma, ur doc did a v-scan for u or what? My LMP was 1 Jan and doc cld see the sac from my 1st scan...(2 weeks after conception)...maybe different people varies..ur doc exlpain why? and did he ask u to go see him again soon?

Emma, dont worry so much... Adrain using tummy scan to locate the sac... i have the same LMP as you and my gynae can locate the sac cos she using Vscan.

hi hazeline, my LMP was 2 Jan 08. Last tues scan also no heartbeat yet...seeing Dr again tmr, see if can see. But i tot ppl say if lucky some can see heartbeat during very early stage like 6weeks. Otherwise would be 7 or 8weeks lor

so good for those who still can wear jeans... i can't before i knew i'm pregnant..tot bloated cos' mense coming...

try stop wearing jeans if feeling tight already. i'm getting maternity clothings from my sister so can safe abit. buying 2 pcs of maternity office skirt liao...

i'm suppose to have regular hair trim today but too lazy to travel so cancel, same for tml facial.

Still can paint nail polish?

Hi Hazeline, Dr has detected my baby's heartbeat. LMP is 31 Dec, I tot I should be in 7th week but he says it's 5.5 weeks ased on length. I forgot to clarify with him. I guess his calculation is based on conception date. While my presumption is based on LMP date.

Hazeline.. with my #1, heartbeat was detected in week 7.. so now u're still early..

diane.. my gynae use ultrasound.. no V scan.. he din realli explain but he mentioned its not uncommon.. told me to see him again 2 weeks later.. its only been 4 days and the wait is unbearable alr... sigh..

oct08mommy.. could u see the sac when ur gynae did tummy scan? or urs went straight to v scan? when was ur last gynae appt?

precious
i tot i'm 8wks but actually only 7wks... i guess i gave wrong info as in LMP. regret didn't jot down...
jess,
orhh thanks...

hi everafter,

I able to see my bb heartbeat at abt week 6.

the DR did tell me it depend on ppl.

i did a vscan to see the bb heartbeat

will be going to see him tomolo again.

emma, my gynae always opt for Vscan for very stage till 12th weeks. We all see the sac, and i m gng back on monday for Heartbeat. Last appt with gynae was at 14th Feb. She mentioned to go back 10 days later.

Hi everafter,

Our LMP are quite close. Tik i can only look forward to the nx visit 2 weeks later ba. Hope u can see heartbeat tmlo. Do keep us updated ya? =)

Hi Emma,

Abit confused at ur last message, " yet dr adrian still can find the sac last monday..." You mean Dr CAN see or CANNOT see sac? Coz if can see, then you shdn't be worried ba?

yes.. can do.. as long as u dun paint it yourself cos there's a pang tang that preggies should not paint things.. but if you're not pang tang then its ok lahz..

Hi Jess

the horomo is increasing but slow, Dr Adrian also said that it is not healthy as the shape is not round, so I did a D &amp; C yesterday by my first gynae.

Now at home resting.

i "coloured" my hair in early Jan to prepare for CNY too..but turn out positive. And stayed home during CNY cos' not well...
now, can't even go "new" home to see the renov process...sigh...

Hi,

Yes, nail polish contains chemical so better dun. hmm..hair coloring as well but i do see some of mummies still doing that. So it really depends on people. ;-)

<font color="ff6000">Hi Emma, I did a V scan for my first appt at 6 weeks and saw the sac and fetus and heartbeat quite clearly. think from ultra sound it's harder to see.

Hi Haze, I think most people only confirmed can see heartbeat from 7 weeks onwards. So I was kinda surprised to see heartbeat at 6 weeks. My LMP is 2 Jan, but these things (e.g. ovulation) also depend on the length of your cycle. mine is around 32 days... maybe yours is different.

Cally - do take care. Get more rest and can try again when you've recovered yah?</font>

hi ladies here,
can i check wif u all? anyone of u is PR holder? how is the maternity leave calculate huh? not so understand after reading the site from MOM..

regarding the extended meternity leave which is 9th to 12th weeks, is it consider paid or unpaid?

Hi all,

I just came back from lunch time pedicure...toe nails looked horrible leh....

Hi emma, can understand how u feel....have to wait and wait....nvm lar..everything will be fine.
happy.gif

Good afternoon ladies
happy.gif

I was on leave this morning, so can only log in now to post.

Diana, My gynae will only give Multi Vit after 1st trim ler. She said 1st trim don't need to take much supplement except for folic acid.

Sometimes, it is too early to detect the sac using tummy scan, so some gynae used v scanning. For me, this round, my gynae can detect my baby using tummy scan, so no need to use v scan.

Lili_fc, I feel weird when hungry also. So must when hungry must quickly eat something. This round, a cup of milk can do the trick. For my 1st pregnany, cannot! Must eat at least some crackers, else will feel my tummy very very weird (don't know how to describe the feeling ler) but just don't feel good lor.

Durian is a good source of iron. You can take but cannot overeat 'cos baby will be very big. I only take a few times during my last trim.

Xuanting, hmm.. I'm those who rarely take MC. Maybe 1 or 2 times a year? I do feel tired sometimes but compare to my friends of same age, I can say my health is better than them in sense of engery and immunity. I guess it is 'cos I exercise regularly and eat healthier?
happy.gif

Linda, I did tell a few close colleagues about my pregnancy but had yet announce to my boss. Somehow lack of opportunity to tell him, so possibly wait until they can see I'm pregnant or got chance then tell. :p

Hazeline, for this round, the gynae detect my baby's heartbeat at week 6. For my 1st one, it is only detected at week 8. So I think it depends.

I did manicure throughout my 1st pregnancy ler as my gyane got no objection.
happy.gif

Cheers~

I also can't fit into a lot of my bottoms already. Hai~ this pregnancy expand so fast. I just went to buy a maternity jean this morning. Don't intend to buy too many this round 'cos going to close factory after this heee..

Last pregnancy, a bit overspent on maternity clothes 'cos overexcited haaaa..

Jasminetea: Another frd of mine also told me her 2nd pregnancy expand faster than her 1st one! Huh... no wonder i kept feeling tat tummy looks bigger now as compared to my 1st pregnancy too.

Hi CH Lee, yup i'm from Mar 07 Brides
happy.gif

Girls, so when you feel tight wearing ur current clothes/pants will you buy pants with bigger size or you will buy maternity pants right away?

Usually after how many weeks then we need to start buying maternity clothes?

Back