(2008/10) Oct 2008

avril,
lol...ur hb is really veri supportive...
happy.gif

i bring him to metro to choose, i say wat you like, i buy....heehee...i go to pharmancy, i said, wat vitamins you like? i buy, but must contain folic acid and iron....and zinc....hahahahaha

then everynight, i will ask, eat vitamins already??.....

Precious
Dr Adrian's stitching skill is good. My 1st bb was delivered via c-sect by him. My op was at 1pm and the next morning, i can go down the bed freely without much pain liao. Those who visited me in the hospital were really surprised.

jollyhoppy
I also go to the one at SK.

Re: announcing of my pregnancy
Only hubby and two colleagues in the same section as me (hope they will be more understanding towards me) know about it bcos I feel it more comfortable to announce only after my 1st trimester. I did the same for my 1st pregnancy also.

However, since this is my 2nd pregnancy, I scare I may not be able to hide my tummy too long. Unless pple approach me and ask me, then I bo bian and would admit otherwise I will only tell family and friends after my 1st trimester.

heard all of you start to eat folid le, i haven go any doc yet.. so at this moment nvr take leh.

i m in 4,5weeks now do u suggest me to buy my own or just wait next week visit gynae then he give?

Jane> Actuali folic is available in many of our daily food. If i rem correctly, green leafy veg is one, u can google on it. I only started folic at 7th weeks for my #1 coz i went to the Dr late. In our grandma days, where got folic pills? Keke..so i believe tt if u don't pop those vitamins/folic early, also no harm done. Just try to select those "better" food during ur meals. Keke..just my personal views.

mousebb>how old is ur #1?

hey gals
those who see dr adrian
may i know what is his surname and charges?
I am thinking whether to change gynae or not

Thanks!

Hi ladies, good afternnon!!

Hi love bug, I took up the package by DR Adrian Woodworth, its $550 (inclusive of consultations, ultrasound, vitamins, folic acid, routine blood & urine test) but does not include hormone tablets, other blood test... etc..

I feel its quite worth it & took up during my 1st visit cos 1st visit already cost about $100. I understand that some gynae don't allow you to take package so fast, around 4th mth onwards.

hazeline
My boy is only 6 months.

lovebug1822
His surname is Woodworth. I paid $115 when i saw him on 12 Feb. $50 consultation, $50 scan and $15 for the medicine. Have not signed up for the package as the pregnancy is not stable yet. Most likely will take up his package on my next visit if my pregnancy is more stable.

Hi All,

I was tested postive and my LMP was 8 Jan. Seeing Dr Adrain as well. This is my 2nd child and hope that everything will go smoothly as I have a bit of spotting.

I am seeing Dr Adrian as well. Seen him on tue but could not see anything...hopefully will be able to see the sac and heartbeat by next week.

I was charged $70 for the consultation, $60 for the scan...

Mousebb,
which branch did you see him? why is there a different in the charging...

angelbliss
I'm seeing him at SK branch. Maybe mine was a very short consultation...go in and come out, very fast! Din ask him any questions cos he said can only see a dot that's why I sian liao.

lovebug1822
He is quite friendly and a man of few words. Unless you have questions for him, otherwise he wont talk very much. Also, some pple find him talk very fast. Of course if you have any questions for him, he will definitely answer your questions patiently.
Guess his clinic is always so pack is bcos is package is very affordable. Like what storeberry has mentioned, the $550 package is inclusive of consultations, ultrasound, vitamins, folic acid, routine blood & urine test.

mousebb,
I am also seeing him at SK, the consultation is also very short, but because I told him that I used an expired kit to test at home and since can't see anything on the scan, he suggested to test again, so I actually go in twice and the urine test for pregnancy cost me another $25.

Really hope that everything will go smoothly, keeping my finger crossed...

lovebug1822,

I cannot comment much on Dr Adrian as this is my first time seeing him, b4 seeing him already heard ppl said that he is very fast so already expected that liao. But in my opinion he is quite ok, he will ask you whether you have any qn for him and will not rush you to go out. Me and dh think that he is quite "shun yan"

Hi lovebug, if you have questions, he will answer them patiently, but if no questions, he does not voluntary give you info. He talk quite fast, clinic always packed but I only need to wait for about half an hour for my turn. I find him comfortable and he is fast so that the rest of his patients don't need to wait so long. I am seeing him at CCK.

yvonneho,
i guess i'm 6wks plus actually if based on LMP 26 Dec (esti). Next visit on 19 Feb to check on heartbeat.

i'm getting Folic acid from Pharmacy.. quite cheap

wow, so many of u mommies vist Dr Adrian at SK. me too ! me too ! i will be seeing him this evening.

lili, i also did the scan inside. is very common. unless gynae can see clearly when do the tummy scan else he will request to scan from below loh. i also dont like but have to bear with it...

hi jane, u can buy folic acid from NTUC unity. only $2.50 for 100 pills. very cheap. when my gynae say he will give me folic acid, i told him i already have a lot. so he did not give me. hehe.

anyone one of u, seeing Dr Adrian at SK this evening ??

<font color="119911">wow Dr Adrian's charges seem very reasonable leh! my doc $600 from week 16 onward, some more no include pills or scans. faint... where else does Dr Adrian have clinic? ty

o ya jane, i think you should start on folic now, unless u're sure u getting a very balanced diet. like Porky says, u can get it cheap</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Name </TD><TD>LMP </TD><TD>EDD </TD><TD>Doctor </TD><TD>Child </TD><TD>Zodiac </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sept 2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>storeberry</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sept 2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littleger</TD><TD>24/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lili_fc</TD><TD>26/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juz Me</TD><TD>27/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Dolly Wee (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>horse </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jollyhappy</TD><TD>27/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Makebaby</TD><TD>29/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Linda</TD><TD>31/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Heng (ESH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>cow </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Precious</TD><TD>31/12/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD></TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazeline</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (CCK)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Diane</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlow</TD><TD>1/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kek LP (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>tiger </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>CH Lee</TD><TD>2/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr HK Ho (MAH)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Traz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Everafter</TD><TD>2/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>RibenaLi</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>rooster </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Buffy</TD><TD>6/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonneho</TD><TD></TD><TD>25/09/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>rabbit </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xuanting</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lovebug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>AvrilMummy</TD><TD>05/01/2008 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr HK Ho (MAH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>cow </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Porky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cally</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wan_a_mousy</TD><TD>10/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>snake </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>porky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD>horse </TD></TR><TR><TD>jane_lin</TD><TD>17/01/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>goat </TD></TR><TR><TD>diaz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mousebb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelbliss</TD><TD>8/1/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>leeyiling</TD><TD></TD><TD>7th Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

ya i also realise his patient all go in and comes out quite fast. mayb not much questions to ask. hehe. during my 1st first, i ask him a lot of questions and he will answer me slowly. but i find that he seldom smile loh...hehe. the waiting time is about 30-45mins for nite visit. if he knows is emergency case, he will see u less then 10mins i think so...

On my first visit, Dr Adrian charged me $70 for consultation and $70 for scan. I wonder why the charges differ for different pax though at the same clinic. But I've decided to sign up upon my next visit and they'll deduct these charges from the package price.

hi all just want to make friends I am expecting 2nd baby 7oct but now bed rest cos doctor say got blood clot next to sac n am very sad

<font color="119911">welcome yiling! like precious said, dun worry too much. take care of yourself and have a good rest ya? i've updated your particulars into the list =)</font>

anyone have the same problem as me and care to share their experience?
gynea did not tell me much other than possible to have miscarriage due to the blood clot next to sac. But i heard from a friend who had the same problem when she deliver her 2nd child 1year ago that is not good cos it can cause harm to the baby growth. But she was lucky cos her clot disappear 1month after it was discover.

<font color="119911">yiling>> oops its been past 20mins since i posted the chart so cannot update le ;P nvm i stored your data le. next time i post the chart your details will be inside =) hey i think you're our 1st Glen E mum! =D is dr tham male or a lady?

angelbliss> thanks =) well yes u can tell i'm not much doing work and more time spent hanging around this forum hiaks! but only when eng lah haha sometimes i more busy then will MIA for a bit</font>

Hi yiling
Dont worry so much. Just listen to what the doctor said, take your medicine regularly and have plenty of rest. You will be fine.

<font color="119911">can i know what is the sac u refer to? is it the waterbag? sorry a bit ignorant and new to all this</font>

juz me> dr tham is a male gynea. can see from your chart that i am the 1st Glen E mum. Maybe that place not so convenient.!!!!! actually want to change gynea due to Dr Tham location but too bad i like him and he is really nice and confident doctor. My 1st child was also delivered by him. I suppose is good to have a gynea you trust to work with thru out the 40weeks. 1st time mummies out there do take care of your diet. Me as a 2nd time, really have to take care too cos i had gestational diabeties for my 1st!!! If anyone need advice no pro. Of cos now all the mums to be will say touch wood but things hard to say one lor...................

early stage of preggy, when doctor scan he needs to see the sac" (small round circle)is in the womb and not else where (otherwise is etopic.)baby will start to grow in the sac

hi yiling, if doctor say can see the sac but cant see the fetus. and if the sac keeps growing without the fetus, will there be any problem ?

hi porky:
have to see the fetus in the sac!!!!!
like for me during my 1st visit since is only 5/6th week thus can only see empty sac. By the next visit must see the fetus in the sac liao!!!!!

leeyiling> Welcome! Just wondering, for your blood clot, do u experience any spotting? Otherwise, how did the doc managed to detect that? Do take lots of rest and guai guai listen to the Dr lor. We are both goat and having bb#2, so quite similar =)

mousebb> wow, ur #1 is only 6months? So young wor.

leeyiling: Oh, i have bloodclot near the sac too. I was given a week mc to rest at home. Now no more spotting liao.. hope the blood clot has dissolved away liao. My gynae told mi normal case the blood clot will dissolve by itself if everything is smooth. So u just rest more at home. Don't worry.

POrky: the foetus must be in the sac if not it will be etopic pregnancy liao. when it's still too early, the foetus can't be seen yet... prob ard 6 weeks the gynae will be be to see the foetus thru scan.

Hi leeyiling, Dr also say I had blood clot beside my sac but he said will not affect baby &amp; it will go away. The reason he gave me when I asked why is there a blood clot he say cos still unstable. (I am in my 10 weeks, next mon 11 weeks). Have to take 3 hormone tablets per time, 3 times a day, this is to stabailise the pregnancy.

And cos of the blood clot, I had a bleeding scare from last thurs and it bleeded very badly on sun morning. Had to sms Dr Woody and he asked me to go TMC A&amp;E. Thank GOD, bb still have heartbeat &amp; I can see the cute little hands swinging away.. I think the ultrasound @ TMC is better can see bb's hand &amp; shape but @ DR Woody one, I always see a dark patch leh...

Hazeline
My hubby and I prefer to let our children have a closer age gap. Although many pple are telling us that it is going to be very siong for the first few years, but we are both mentally prepared liao. Also, I'm going to be a stay-at-home-mum soon, I think it shouldnt be too much problems. When the two of them grow up together, maybe their relationship can be closer also.

littleger, not like that la. if sac is spotted in uterus but still cannot spot bb even after many weeks (eg 8wks), it's most probably a blighted ovum (failed development). ectopic pregnancy is when the sac implants outside of the uterus (eg fallopian tube or other internal organs); it's v dangerous and can be life threatening if not discovered in time.

<font color="ff6000">wah you gals are really chatting fast! and so many new people joining our thread. welcome, welcome!

my work suddenly very busy today. but still must visit here to relax, otherwise very stressed. my first appt supposed to be mon morning. oredi got permission to go for 'doctor's appt' (i didn't specify what doctor) but then now got big big meeting happening at that time so i also dunno how! should i be automatic and offer to change appt date? but sure delay very long if like that!! sigh, if worst comes to worst I will tell them what appt it is lor. my hubby sure not happy if i tell him want to change doc appt. he says i put work before health and baby... haiz.

so many goats here! all the best to all the mummies. relax and don't stress!</font>

nanshee..
me too, so envy to them has seen gynea.
i have to wait till next sat then can see, even family doctor i never see loh

hi xuanting, thanks for the explanation. i thot suddenly i got ectopic liao...but gynae did not tell me anything abt etopic cos the sac is in the correct position. only after bleeding on monday then cannot see fetus...ya tonight 7pm will know the result liao.

Back