(2008/10) Oct 2008

Hi mummies,

So many posts today, trying to scan through... Hehe
Am I the only mummy who still don't know the difference between all the bottles and pump?

Littlebluey,
I am also thinking of getting a manual pump first. See if I have milk in the first place or not. And since I am not working, I may try to latch on more and have more time to pump also. But depends on the situation also.

Mrs Chua,
Attached the picture of the pillow. But I got this in China. There are buttons on the left side to detach the pillow.

1445464.jpg

Wow so many posts today!!

Btw I'm oso curious for detail scanning, will we be able to keep a copy of the scanned pics etc or in a CD format??
kao_biggrin.gif

pinkimum- Ur pillow looks comfy!! ;) Errrmmm how to lie and use it?? We lie while our back is on the middle part?? Meaning to lie on it horizontally or vertically??
kao_confused.gif

nickypower,
The buttons can be used to adjust the pillow so that the 2 bumps can be nearer or further apart. You lie vertical in the middle part so when you sleep on your side, one bump is supporting your back, the other one I think can support your tummy if needed. I tried to read the instructions, think there are other ways of using it, when breastfeeding etc

Gd morning mummies!

I think I dreamt that I had a c-section last night and kept touching my middle part leh. *boohoo*

dimpletot:
Thanks for ur recommendation. 60-80 degrees... Dat means I have to leave the freshly boiled water out to cool for a while first then.

mspiggy:
When shld we apply the nipple cream? Soon after shower? Then wipe clean before baby latches on?

pinkimum:
Thanks for your pic! Jialat! Base on the pic, that means it will ensure that we sleep on our sides comfortably loh? Oh... Bot it in China? Den bo bian liao bah... *sigh*
happy.gif

dear all,

Medela has replied my email. Was told they have package sales in their office. Do let me know if u need any further details.

I shld be going these few daes cos its very near to my ofc...

Morning!!!

Hey Trace - what Medela sales are they offering? Do they sell parts / accessories? Cld you PM me the details please? Tx.

Hi Ruffles,

I'm not sure abt the sales items, i will b going to take a look this week. The lady refused to tell mi thru email. Ask mi go to their showroom to have a look.

Wad i meant for details is address and the person to look for :p sorry for the miscommunication..

Hi ladies,

Eh... who's updating the table ah? Can help to update mine?

It's a BOY!
Delivering at Gleneagles
Doctor: Gordon Tan

Thanks!
happy.gif

<font face="tahoma"> Good morning ladies!

Mrs Chua,
the nipple cream is safe for consumption. i normally apply after feeding and also after shower. though they said safe for consumption, i very kiasi.. i will wipe away using a wet towel before pumping. my boy doesnt latch on </font>

Morning ladies,

Thanks to some mtb who told me abt using bigger milk bottle to feed small amt of milk will intro air &amp; have colic problem
happy.gif

&amp; thanks to some mtb telling me isetan have 20% sale so I rush down to get the Pigeon BPA Free plastic milk bottles in 4oz &amp; 8oz liao, vy happy to finally settle all the milk bottles
happy.gif

I now have 3 8oz glass bottles, 2 8oz plastic bottles &amp; 2 4oz plastic bottles. Plus I m gng to get FOC 4oz glass bottles from hospital =P Over supply liao...hahaha

But now, I have another headache, there r 2 types of NUK latex teats &amp; I cannot figure out which shd I get...sigh, no saleppl I can ask yest so I have to settle the teats another time.

<font color="0000ff">Trace,

Maybe you can check if buying in bulk will obtain a better discount?? Then can share the lobang with the rest of us
happy.gif
</font>

As I shopped, I realise we really need a lot of time &amp; research to buy really a lot of small small stuff wor...really not advisable to wait till our 8th mth leh...really too rush &amp; tiring man! &amp; better do up a list b4 gng
happy.gif

Or mayb coz I m those who like to take my time to shop &amp; buy. I don't think I can buy too much at 1 go kinda, have to go to few places b4 deciding &amp; finally make my purchase...hahaha, this makes my HB faint =P

Littlebluey,

I will go check it out and see wads on promotion..will keep u gers updated...

I very kiasu..i even emailed to ameda, haha...see got any promo gog on or not..haha

The Ameda has replied me..a short n sweet reply..saying the price of Ameda Lactaline is $388.
I dunno hw it looks like...

hi mspiggy,

thanks! then can forget abt going ..
happy.gif
anyway its very far..at tagore lane..

looks like i m more keen on medela...

JJmom,

hah..like u, i got myself 2 8oz Pigeon PES bottles n 2 4oz Pigeon PES bottles from isetan as well.. hmm.. now wondering whether i shd get more of the larger bottles as well.

As for the Nuk teats, i asked a salesgirl at isetan n she didnt say anything other than they don't encourage us to mix between brands like tt..erm..we might just hv to buy n try..tho do let me know if u hv better luck with the salespple than me
happy.gif

And ya..i spent so much time reading up on bottles teats and pumps..hah. think i'll panic if i left everything up to the last minute. my hubby thinks i'm too obssessive tho. hahaa..

sorry i might hv missed out some post on milk bottles..i m wondering do we hv to buy 8oz of milk bottles nw? cos i tot bb still small..wun drink so much of milk..tot 4oz is gd enuff?

Btw, i thot i saw the ameda being sold on 20% discount at Robinsons Centrept.. it works out to $310.40 if i'm not wrong. any mummies who r interested in the ameda pump can go check it out.

<font color="0000ff">Curioxete,

U are right, Robinson is having a 20% off Ameda Lacteline Pump, it retails at $388 but after the discount, it's quite a good deal after all
happy.gif

Maybe some mummies would like to check out the Motherhood fair becos I was mentioning the last round had a fren's fren who get the complete set with shield and everything at $399</font>

Dear mommies,
i'm back! wow, so many posts for me to catch up on..... i read back some archives le, but still have plenty to read!!!

for those of u who already know ur bb's gender, so excited n happy for all of you!! now, its really shopping time!!

im looking fwd to my detailed scan this Sat too..

morning mummies..wow that's alot of posts this morning..
JJmom &amp; curioxete, me only bot 1 8oz &amp; 1 4oz pigeon BPA bottles (also gotten the starter kit which came free, think there are 3 bottles in there)..mmm. looks like have to go and get more now since there is a 20% sale!!

Littlebluey,

dunno leh..tot todae i feel very light..usually feel like an elephant..n i had full bfast this morn n nw i m hungry!
sad.gif

morning mummies,

seem most of u get pigeon bottles huh, is it a must if i use Avent breastpump then must get avent milk bottle also?

tml ll have detailed scan &amp; amnio test, hope evrthg goin smooth
happy.gif

everafter..me gg for the class on 19th July @ 4.30pm..but was just informed that it's changed to 26th july..mmm..is it the same as yours ?

Hi littlebuey,

My EDD is 12 Oct.... based on calculation. My gynae never adjusted my EDD though sometimes i see my EDD as 8 Oct on the ultrasound screen. Anyway, i'll just take it as 12 Oct 1st. Thanks!

Any 2nd time mommies going for antenatal classes?

jollyhoppy

eh..i'm actually a little torn as to whether to get more bottles.. cos i know the avent steriliser comes with more bottles.. even tho the avent bottles aren't bpa-free, it shd b alright if i don't heat milk in it n just use it for bb to drink water from? sigh..not very sure.

<font face="tahoma"> ladies,
Re : Amosco
I'll be ordering both Mini Profiteroles and Mini Eclairs. Anyone interested to share?

Min order is 1 carton for each.

Mini profiteroles : 1 carton = 4 packs. Each packs has 60 mini profiteroles

Mini Eclairs : 1 carton = 12 trays. Each trays has 12 mini eclairs

Collection will be AMK central. Anyone keen?</font>

morn' all!
how's everyone? i made french toast this morning w luncheon meat... and drink formula milk.

can feel bb more now.... heee how about you gals?

trace, may I know where the Medela office is? If it's not too far away, maybe I also pop by their showroom to take a look.

jjmom, is there a difference between the pigeon PES bottles and BPA plastic free bottles? After reading so many posts, I'm confused le.

<table border=1><tr><td>NAME</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>DOCTOR</TD><TD>CHILD</TD><TD>GENDER</TD><TD>WEEK</TD><TD>HOSPITAL DELIVERING </TD></TR><TR><TD>storeberry</TD><TD>05/09/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Whitepaper</TD><TD>3/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yougurt</TD><TD>3/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Chua Yang</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_p</TD><TD>3/11/2008</TD><TD>Dr Dolly Wee (Mt E)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>missk</TD><TD>4/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Oei PL (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Curioxete</TD><TD>5/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Soon Siew Bee</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>icylemon</TD><TD>5/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Wee HY (KKH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Diane</TD><TD>6/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lian_ld</TD><TD>6/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>leeyiling </TD><TD>7/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Tham KF (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris Lin</TD><TD>8/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lili_fc</TD><TD>07/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne (TMC)</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>20W/2D</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Precious</TD><TD>07/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>8/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jollyhoppy</TD><TD>8/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Woodworth</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>tweety</TD><TD>8/10/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mspiggy</TD><TD>9/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazeline</TD><TD>10/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian (CCK)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsLau</TD><TD>10/14/2008</TD><TD>Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mint</TD><TD>10/22/2008</TD><TD>Dr Wong MT</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beary</TD><TD>11/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Koh (Toa Payoh)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dimpletot</TD><TD>11/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong (TMC)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chua Wan Chuen</TD><TD>11/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jjmom</TD><TD>11/11/2008</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH-TPS </TD></TR><TR><TD>Everafter</TD><TD>12/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinny</TD><TD>12/10/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinny</TD><TD>12/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Tan</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Buffy</TD><TD>13/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BusyBee</TD><TD>13/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Ng</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edelynn</TD><TD>13/10/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mousebb</TD><TD>13/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheerbear</TD><TD>14/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeregiam</TD><TD>14/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>CaroleNg</TD><TD>16/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Thong (Raffles Hospital)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gina Ang</TD><TD>16/10/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ginapy</TD><TD>16/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyousmumsy</TD><TD>16/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH (GlenE)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jyo</TD><TD>16/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Han (KKH)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littlekwek</TD><TD>16/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Tan HK</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Twinkel_belle</TD><TD>16/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Hii</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jess Lee</TD><TD>17/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>18/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woolworth</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chea</TD><TD>18/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng (Mt A)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Forest</TD><TD>19/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr. Paul Tseng (TMC)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joy</TD><TD>19/10/2008</TD><TD>Adarin </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LittleBluey</TD><TD>19/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim (TMC)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheezel</TD><TD>22/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>d0tzZz</TD><TD>23/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Patricia Sim (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>monyetnakal</TD><TD>23/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang (GlenE)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummy Love</TD><TD>23/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonneho</TD><TD>25/09/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bunnyhop</TD><TD>25/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr W K Tan (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppy2006</TD><TD>25/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang </TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TrACe</TD><TD>25/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Val</TD><TD>25/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elchwong</TD><TD>26/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>RibenaLi</TD><TD>27/09/2008</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PureBliss</TD><TD>27/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd/3rd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LittleAlmond</TD><TD>28/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phtanus</TD><TD>28/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr. Yvonne Chan (TMC)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinkimum</TD><TD>28/10/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KimberlyTan</TD><TD>29/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Dolly Wee (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ruffles</TD><TD>31/10/2008</TD><TD>Dr Suresh Nair (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>85% Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephy</TD><TD>OCT/NOV 08</TD><TD>Dr T C Chang</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelbliss</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>AvrilMummy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong (TMC)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chea</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jane_lin</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janey</TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juz Me</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Dolly Wee (Mt E)</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LeahKeh</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lim Y W (MAH)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littleger</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lovebug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>preggie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan (Mt E)</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Traz</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian (Sengkang)</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wan_a_mousy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<font color="0000ff">Trace,

Dun think too much! *aiyoyo*

Jollyhoppy/Everafter,

I rec'd a letter from there think last wk informing us abt the change in dates for the antenatal class! The other time when I go signed up alrd heard that Mrs Wong might not be in SG during that wk...</font>

elchwong:
Thanks for ur advice. I heard of the Graco brand, but haven't come across it in JL and Robinsons. But definitely will check out.

I used to have cramps too, my gynae said they'll start subsiding after the 1st 4 months. You just past 4 months? Perhaps the cramps will go away soon.

Littlebluey:
Do you mind adding me to the table? 1st child, boy, EDD 11 Oct, Dr Douglas Ong, Mt E.
happy.gif
Thanks so much!

Back