happy.gif

1) last feed 9pm
2) bedtime 10pm
3) usually no dream feed
4) 2 naps (0.5–1hr + 0.5–1hr)
5 & 6) i let her wake on her own
7) sometimes milk, sometimes lunch/dinner, depending on timing
8) 450–600ml (last feed 150ml)
9) she sleeps till abt 8/9am most of the time. sometimes, she'll also wake for an extra feed at 4/5am (falls asleep after finishing).

she wakes sometimes (not for milk) and will usu fall asleep quite quickly when i stuff her pacifier back into her mouth. she'll sometimes stuff it into her mouth on her own too. i usu let her quieten down on her own & will only go to her rescue if she seems to have problems falling asleep again.

goldfish, u are very brave to attempt feeding your bb outside! how did it go?

Hi tinkerbell, hope tis help:

My bb last feed is at abt 10pm.
My bb sleep quite late abt 10:30pm to 11pm. During daytime normally she take 2 naps duration is abt 45mins to 90mins, depending whether the sarong is keeping on rocking.
Normally, she wake up at 7:30am to 8:30am. Hardly see her waking up later than tat.
Her daily intake of milk is abt 300ml to 400ml and supplement with 2 meals( porridge or cereal).

However, I find her intake of milk very little.
Most of the nite she sleep till morning but recently she seems to be very fussy.

Cordelia, wah, ur baby so guai leh.. still know how to grab the water next to him/her and quench the thirst something liddat?? Best leh… I was wondering when can my bb look for his pacifier and pop it into his mouth when he stir loh -_-

Koras, the porridge will still be warm bt I will still reheat it to make it more steamy. Ah.. if still warm den ok huh? Good good!! My ah-soh colleague was telling me to put a slice of ginger inside to ‘rid-wind’ wor

Xuanting, I fed my bb porridge at Manhattan Fish and it was a breeze le!!! Guess he is ‘fascinated’ on the new environment and his eyes are darting here and there esp there are many waiters walking ard etc. And he guai guai seat in the feeding chair lo. Finish within like 10mins when usually it takes me 30mins (in and out of feeding chair?)

And u know wat is the best part of feeding outside? My food bit can drop on the floor or on their feeding chair or anywhere and I can simply BOCHUP!!! Shiok manzz!!! At home, when food bit slipped down to the floor or wat, I freak out for 1 sec!!!

skinny pig, i just use a baby mug that I had from some free gifts... I'm not letting him hold the mug yet, so it's not really that messy. I always put a handki below to clean off any drips..

Goldfish, haha.. you'll have to eventually let go and close 1 eye about the mess when your baby starts to self feed...Like I said before, put newspaper on the floor, and after the mess, just clean up the high chair (if yours is a Ikea type of high chair - best - just bring the whole chair to the toilet and wash!).

Actually, for me, I prefer to feed at home. cos I have everything at home. Whereas at restaurants, I always have to ask them to heat up my baby food for me, and I've be careful that he will not to make a mess of his shirt. At home, sometimes, my bb just put his finger into his mouth when there's food, and then he'll rub it all over his face, head, etc! So a mess at home is much easier to clean up...

Hi Twendy,
Yes Yes... I am refering to you. Sori I din get your nick right coz I saved your contact as Mummy Wendy. Do let me know if you managed to psycho your hubby.
happy.gif

Goldfish
My bb can do that with his eyes closed. You have to be careful thou coz my son once flipped and his head accidentally hits the milk bottle. Ouch!

xuanting- mine even push the pacifier to him at night doesnt works
sad.gif
he after a while cry for milk, then doesnt goes back to sleep like around an hr. Did try let him CIO but he cry till face very very red, din dare to try it again

koras, my baby woke up at 2am for a feed last night and then refused to sleep also. i hope this is not the start of a new fussy phase! i'm also not feeling well these few days...

lingx2, re intake of milk, i think it's not so bad to drink less milk now cos they're supposed to get their nutrients from solids. is her weight ok?

goldfish, i'm so envious!!! your bb is so guai.
happy.gif
i don't think i will be trying this anytime soon. mine is a very messy eater. she eats only in her diaper at home.

So envy u mummies BB so "guai" can grab n hold bottle n feed themselve.
My Lazy Boy knows how to hold but refused to do it. If i insist he hold especially milk bottle he will pull out n refused to drink.

BB 1st Birthday celebration.

How's the preparation?
I not yet started planning yet.
Any suggestion? Thought of book Downtown east Chalet.

goldfish- i havent try yet much in the baby chair- normally either i hold him or put him inside the walker to feed him. Hard to handle him now alone

Mrs Seng, Ryan looks so tall... so cute to place him in a bag!

Haha.. didnt prepare anything yet for 1st BB celebration as I'm not planning to make it grand. So I guess it really depends on individuals. Downtown east sounds great. You can go for the wet wet wild or even hop on to explorer!

Any mummies fed beef before? Which part of beef do you buy?

mrs seng/rachel lim- Ryan does look tall.. Mrs seng how tall was he now..
1st birthday celebration- mostly held at home easier.

Koras

Will encourage you to place BB in high chair while feeding, this will also tell BB in a way it feeding time when in high chair and make it a habit.
Because i saw my BIL feeding his kids, need to walk thenm around then eat, sometime need to go downstair run n play in the playground then eat. I promiss myself this will never had to my child.

Rachel
Ryan is abt 10.4KG n 77cm in height latest from his last PD check up.

Mrs seng- noted. Any way my son hungry he can eat any where sleep any where 1 ahah. Kaylen also weight around 10.4 but 74cm

me too always put my gal on high chair while feeding even if she fuss. same as mrs seng, dun wan to make it a habit that i have to feed her on the run. hehe. my gal is also a messy eater, can rub her face n hair after putting her fingers into her mouth while eating. i also feel stressful while feeding her outside coz scare she dirtied her clothes. But so far, feeding outside is quite peaceful, maybe becoz of new environment..

btw mummies, where do u bring ur bb for hair cut? My gal's fringe is quite long nw n keep irritates her eyes.

rlrenn

Don't felt stressful when feeding outside enjoy.
Just bring a few extra sets of clothing like me.
If Ryan mess up himself all over, i will just clean him up n change him.

I just brought Ryan for his 1st hair cut last week. At my hse nearby Hair saloon, paid $4.

Messy eater BB
Can consider buying those shirt like plastic Bib which cover also the whole upper body.

Mrs seng: Does ur bb struggle when the hair stylist cut his hair? my gal is v active and i dun tik she will kuai kuai cut her hair...

any mummies considering putting bb in childcare centre when they reach 1.5 yrs? im considering and thought is time to do some research as heard that need to be on waiting list.. any recommendation for childcare?

rlrenn- my dad actually cut for my son. what we do was my mum carry him on the lap, me feeding him with gerber star to distract which my dad shave his head
2646072.jpg

Baby Boys
<font color="808080">I like Ryan's hairstyle. Very punkish and simply spells don't mess with me!=D

Koras's boy look so adorable. He has got beautiful brows!</font>

Feeding
<font color="808080">I feed my boy in his walker.Like Mrs Seng, I strongly forbade my boy to move around when eating. I'll trap the walker with one leg, sitting on the floor.

I'm always equipped with a wet hanky &amp; tissue paper.

-Cayden waiting to be fed-
2646585.jpg
</font>

Hair-cutting
<font color="808080">My boy was ok until the last two cuts (total of 4 haircuts). He is very frighten of the electric shaver.He wails &amp; struggles =(

I'm an embarrassed mummy at the end of the cut.
How can I help him to overcome the fear???</font>

pei- mine also scared during the 1st time. he keep struggling my dad having a hard time to shave. But 2nd time he seem ok, think have the food to distract him
whenever i bought kaylen out almost everyone say he cute and want to 'bite' him haha

er that time one of the mummy(if i not wrong cloud isnt you) here mention about the baby flat head there is a contact number to contact a person could you give mi

Koras,
The mop can be bought at Carrefour and other supermarkets.

Rachel/SkinnyPig,
Ur bb should be able to drink from the straw after a few attempt. Alston is able to do that at the 2nd try. Same like ur bbs, he also just bite on the sprout of the sippy cup, so in the end, I wasted money buying the Nuby sippy cup.

Goldfish,
If dun rem wrongly, i read somewhere on the net saying that we should not reheat bb's food. IMO, alternatively, u can give cereal to bb which is easy to cook for dinner. If not, u still can cook those brown rice powder which can be whipped up in 15min time. In my case, Alston's lunch is more scrumptious where 4-6 ingredients are added, e.g pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots, zuchinni or eggplant, ngor fish, cod fish, spinach or brocolli with calrose rice or brown rice si shen powder. But for dinner wise, i only gave him brown rice powder with spinach or brocolli and pumpkin. Also the portion is much smaller. The reason being Alston does not have much liking towards food as I usually take 1/2 to 1hr to feed him with breaks in btw during lunch time.

Feeding outside,
I don't dare to feed Alston outside home cos he makes a mess on the high chair at home during his feeding time. He can rub his face on the high chair table or on the back support. I normally need to wipe his face wif damp cloth many times throughout his meal. Can't imagine the germs he will get if he rubs his face while outside and the number of wet wipes i need to prepare.

koras, the pix of your boy getting his haircut is very cute! like a movie star getting styled with so many pairs of hands helping with this and that. must keep.
happy.gif

pei, you mean your boy has already gone for 4 haircuts? wow. mine hasn't even had one yet. her hair is still manageable, hasn't grown v much at all since birth.

Hi Mummies

How tall is ur bb now huh?
I just came back from the accessment and realized that my bb is 70cm tall and it under the 25% percentile??!!!!!

And my hubby was passing comments that i shld not keep feeding him porridge lah blah blah blah cos he finds porridge feeding at nite time is a chore and moreover milk has more protein lah blah blah blah

I am so unpleaseed over his remarks. So un-constructive! And he even mentioned that there is no need for me to keep getting new food for bb to eat for example vegetables, just use brocooli cos it is the best liao.

I find it so lame loh. i just feel that he is just being lazy leh

koras : that photo of ur boy look so cute. like what xuanting say looks like a super star getting styled. haha. As mine is a gal, i hv to find someone who is experienced in cutting bb's hair leh. using scissor more dangerous. hehe.

Goldfish,
Not sure if you've read my post to u at the above. Anyway, I'm also confused abt Alston's actual height as his measurement on 19/6 was 71.5cm at poly and 73cm on 29/6 at PD. I find it unbelievable as he shouldn't be growing so fast within 10 days. The weird part is that the height measured at poly was always shorter than at the PD tat i visit. Not sure y. How old is Ethan now ? Alston will be 10mths old in 8 days time.

Pei - Cayden looks so cute in that pose.

Goldfish - am also tempted to feed the overnight porridge from the shuttle chef. But i ended up having it for breakfast. LOL.

Rachel - feed beef? minced beef can? like minced pork?

Mrs Seng - it would be a home party for my boy. Not much planning, a cake, some tea snacks and take pictures for his album type.

Xuanting
<font color="808080">Yep. 4 in total. All only trimmings</font>

Breadmum
<font color="808080">Thanks =)</font>

ADVICE NEEDED
<font color="808080">My boy has been reducing his milk intake for the past few days. Was drinking abt 180ml-200ml and now only abt 100ml to at most 150ml.

He had a low grade fever 2 days ago, but no symptoms of cough/cold. Was fine taking solids, but as and when will show signs of nauseous.
Is active and behaving normal.Could it be stomach flu? I seriously don't know what's wrong!!! =(

Anyone experienced the same thing?
(Might be bringing him to the PD tomorrow, hope i'm not overreacting...</font>

goldfish, mine was 73cm at 9mths. but i think u've got to give and take a bit with the measurement cos bbs are always wriggling, so he may actually be taller than 70cm. if u're worried he isn't getting enough calcium, i guess u could feed your baby more bone broth? did your pd say anything? i think bbs grow more in some months and less in others. btw, a varied diet is important to ensure that he gets all the nutrients he needs. and apparently, the more types of food u expose your bb to now, the less likely it is for him to be a picky eater later. cannot just eat broccoli no matter how nutritious it is la, men sometimes are just so weird!

pei, does your bb have diarrhoea as well? vomitting and diarrhoea are the main symptoms of stomach flu.

or could he be teething? perhaps u could give the clinic a call instead?

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+1">Hi mummies, just want to share a very good book on introducing semi-solids. This book was like my 'bible' when I was introducing solids to my son.

Although your child may have already started on solids, this books offers lots of recipes for toddlers too! My son is 2yo now and I'm still using this book for recipes to add variety into my son's diet!

It has basic nutrition information (good for mummies who are clueless), feeding schedules &amp; appropriate foods to introduce at different age groups, tonnes of yummy and fun recipes, money and time saving tips, etc etc!
You can read more about this book here: www.superbabyfood.com

I'm selling it for $28.90 include registered mail. Brand new copies, latest edition (2nd edition).

If you want to take a look at the book before commiting to purchase, I welcome you to my place at Punggol to take a look at the book before deciding. Alternatively, you can go to borders to check out the book. I'm selling cheaper than Borders bcos I ordered these online in bulk during my private sprees to save on shipping costs.

Do email me at [email protected] if keen. Thanks!</font></font>

xuanting
<font color="808080">Nope, no diarrhea/vomitting,he just feel nausea halfway thru the porridge.Like a lot of gases in tummy.
Today's solid feelings are fine. Milk intake is still low...Hope it's teething..</font>

Hi,

Juz to check wif mummies here if my boy is still in e acceptab;e weight. He's 9 1/2mths bt weight oni 8.5kg. It seems lyk he dun gain much weight despite havin all e nutrients required.

hi

sorry to disturb but was wondering if anyone would be keen on a photoshoot from foto-u studio as David (the photographer) is gg to have a BP on it....we still need a few more ppl to kick start the BP. So take a look if u r interested. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/556344.html?1246609349

$450 album promo:

1. 8r album (16 pages).
2. 1 hr 30 min shooting.
3. return all images.
4. 35 images in album.
5. 1 x make up and hair do.

Usual price for this costs more than $800! I have been waiting for something like this for a long time liao but not enough ppl signing up so do consider this offer if u plan to take some studio pics for your little one.
happy.gif

Dear Mummies

I got a crisis here!
I found bedbugs on my bed!!! Besides engaging a pest control company tat will fume the whole place which is something i dread, is there any other solution?

I tried to vaccum my bed niao....

Goldfish - u either need to throw away the bed or get itsteamed cleaned to kill the bugs as well. check if cupboards and floors don't have eggs and breeding.

koras - it depends if it matters to you. If its bad , it may have affected neuro skills. if it has not, then its ok. Better to check with you PD though.

hi mummies,

I wan to get this push tricyle for my gal. Saw and tried at kiddy palace, they selling for $69.90.
Any1 know where can get cheaper? This push tricycle got this bar that prevent the child from falling one.

2656402.jpg

<font color="aa00aa">Hi mommies, have been MIA the last week cos hubby &amp; I have been in Bali!
happy.gif
Had an awesome time, and loads of photos in Facebook for those who are linked to my account.
On the Tea party gathering - I was just mailing Cordelia to tell her that I might not be able to make it as well
sad.gif
Baby Kieran got bitten by our family dog at my MILs last nite, and he is due for a follow up check up at the PD on Sat. Also told not to let him put too much pressure as the wound on his sole is still open
sad.gif
So no walking around for abit....Anyway, lets see how he heals over the next few days.</font>

Bigtoes... saw ur trip! wow.. so envy leh.. so romantic!

baby full body check up? anyone? can pls highlight us on that?

Bigtoes - oh dear, is Bbay K ok? how bad is the wound? we'll catch u another time. take care. k?

koras - simply put brain development skills

Koras,

I brought my boy for his 2nd dose of pneumoccocal jab when he's about 9.5 mths old..
Just take his height and weight only. No assessment check leh...

Haiz…. So moodless now cos of bedbug incident at home.
To hire the expert will costs me $400+ and they will have to spray the whole house! GOSH!
Haiz…so feddup…. Breadmum, u ever experienced tat before mah?

Millie, yeap.. was reading old post and saw ur earlier post abt porridge. I realized tat my bb dun haf a big appetite at dinner time though. Let me know how talll ur bb is after ur PD visit. I am still abit bothered over the height issue esp both me and hubby are tall! Keke

Bigtoes! I saw ur pix in FB on ur romantic getaway! Gosh.. it looks so heavenly leh! Mind sharing wif me how much issit huh? Feel like ‘brainwashing’ hubby to go oso leh!

Skinnypig, I did the bb development accessment at month 10th. My bb ‘failed’ in grasping SMALL tings wif fingers and cannot ‘imitate’ our speech like ‘cooo, blah..’ Bt erm.. does our bb at our age can does that huh??

Another question to ask – have u all started to use the bb toothpaste??

Back