(2008/09) Sep 2008

angeline
when washing soft toys in washing machine, u may wanna tie them inside a pillow case, or else they may suffer the same fate as my 32 year old Holly Hobbie rag doll which was just brutally murdered in August while I was in labour...(being washed as my son had HFMD)...she literally fell to bits...maid forgot to put it in pillowcase like I taught her...SIGH!
 


Ava ,
those washing bags will also do the job ... i had my boy piglet washed in washing machine so many times cos he always use his saliva to kiss his piglet ..

Flos ,
u can PM me the websites of teh Tai tai forum u used to chat in shanghai ? I consult them about kids education before I consider shanghai ,, keke .. spoke to hubby just nw about the unfair treatment and his reply : " If i am ur HOD and knoes that u are leaving for no pay next year, i will give u a D grade .. cos sacrifice u for the sake of whole dept .. since u are leaving " I should have kept my mouth shut ...
 
dracwy - haha..think she was tired after trying out a few poses..but i do like that frowny contemplating look.

autum - hey, yes i am a photographer.
happy.gif
thanks..ill try to post more pix soon.
 
bigtoes, i saw that movie too and i think the words like "fagala" (apparently real word that ppl use), "make sticky" and "boobalas" are so funny. do you know if they really talk like that in israel? wouldn't mind watching it again!
happy.gif


lok, now that's truly an heirloom! nevermind la, each generation will infuse it with their own smells. haha...

thanks, lil cy. i didn't know there's seafood delivery too! can consider for dinner.
happy.gif


qiuling, i think it's really unfair too, esp considering how it will affect your future if you were to resume teaching. is that a standard, approved practice or is your school just practising it for convenience? maybe you shd write to MOM, cc MCYS abt it.

spider rocker
how much is this? does it rock on its own?
 
<font color="ff6000"> Flos: as i've mentioned earlier, i'll only use the cane if he does something seriously wrong, e.g. stealing. i don't condone irrational and excessive caning, too much caning or smacking will give the kid a wrong impression that violence is right and will solve everything. i've other ways to deal with my kid if he misbehaves.
happy.gif
of cos, i'm still a new dad after all, i don't know whether i'll be able to teach my kid properly with my methods (some kids are really incorrigible). i guess i'll take reference from how my dad taught me and my siblings, learn from him the good ways, and discard those unreasonable ones.</font>
 
ava, o dear! you must've been very devastated then. what a pity too, not many ppl still have their childhood toys with them. your maid shd be v v sorry. *hugs*
 
Flos
Yes, I standby a security toy for Devon. At least he has something familiar with him, it'll be a comfort to him when I bring him out &amp; leave him with someone when I need to be away from him. That will make my life easier. I've seen the toys at Kids21, not nice one.

ava
My deepest condolences to your ragdoll. Talking about ragdolls, do you remember this doll called Raggedy Anne? She was my favourite last time.
happy.gif


xuanting
The fisher price rocker is my saviour! Think babies all love it.. mine vibrates, I call it Devon's Osim chair. He can fall asleep in it. Think many mummies here have one &amp; let their little ones nap in it in the afternoons. It's worth investing in one.
happy.gif
 
hi mummies, I'm from March 2009 MTB thread. Dropping by to share with you that Tollyjoy will be having a warehouse sale next week 21 - 23 Nov. Held at 29 Changi South St 1. 11 - 7pm.
happy.gif
 
Qiuling: Now i think you deserve one million A's for the sacrifices! *hugz* so sad your hubby will say like tat.
I think the appraisal system sucks leh. I thot shld based on the performance on the months you were in the sch? Like wad you say, deliver le, how to appraise? *disgusted*
 
Mei,
Mine fisher price rocker vibrates (battery operated)..it doesnt have hanging spiders..it has mirrors, bears etc..is it the same type of rocker?
 
Hi Mei,

I believe Bigtoe and me have the same spider rocker from Fisherprice. I have two rocker from Fisher price but my son seem to prefer the spider rocker. It does have spider hanging on the bar (Refer to the pic i post). I bought it for $89.90 at takashimaya long time back I think in June.
 
Qiuling.. wow, that is super unfair.. hope that my school doesn't do that to me..

Sasa, what thread is that?

Bouncer/rocker: anyone know of a good one to recommend? I'm looking for one that can swing by itself.
 
bacon&amp;egg
Mine's not the spider one.. a different design, but I guess all their rockers come with the vibrating function. Babies love the 'massage', think it soothes them.. that's why I call it baby's Osim chair.. lol.

cloud
I have another Fisher Price swing, it has a motor (battery-operated) that swings automatically. Baby loves it too &amp; can doze off it in.

I got all my Fisher Price stuff at the warehouse sale at Tuas early this year, think a few mummies also grabbed some bargains there too. The rockers only cost like $30 to $60.
happy.gif
 
meie/xuanting
thanks...i was too tired from labour and then the c-sect to be devastated at that time when I heard about it...but when I saw the pieces of doll (saved up in case i wanted her to be re-sewn when I got home), I couldn't look at it...
sad.gif
they were too far gone to be re-sewn...sigh. got her for x'mas in 1976!!! at least I have a photo of her from 1976!

Yes, I remember Raggedy Anne. and her ?brother? Raggedy Andy...
 
<font color="119911">Jo Jo (jojobar) - okie, let me know if ur hubby can make it to the Xmas gathering soon
happy.gif

Other mommies, pls also confirm against your name! I will make the caterer booking this weekend. Final cost per head should be less than $25, cos of the 10% discount.

Spider chair - that is the same one we have. Kieran usually sleeps on it during the day. Another Fisher Price item that is worth buying is their rainforest mat - the sounds and lights can keep Kieran enthralled for about 30 minutes...we got this at Cheong Choon but Kiddy Palace sells it too.

cloud (lovelycloud) - the swing looks like a lot of fun. Definitely worth it!
happy.gif
Plus no need to rock like the spider chair (which only vibrates, have to use your toes to rock it).

Flos (flos) - the Vietnamese community has abit of an unsavoury reputation (rightly or wrongly) in Aust cos there are a number of gangs and they do get into fights etc.</font>
 
Aloysius,
ooh, u do baby/kids photog? maybe can do a package for mummies here. :p

Jojobar,
the Spider swing, is it automatic swing (battery operated?)

Flos,
actually bblegs can get from China.. but i m not sure where.. i think there is a supplier from china.
 
ava/mei

thanks..tink gota wash them soon...CNY coming n times to do my spring cleaning again..arrghhh..anyone here got any recommendation of good part time cleaners contact? local/PR preferred...tks
 
mei
i saw the hanky blanket too but tot i preferred a bear..went to Kids21 and almost everywhr else, all really not nice!! No choice liao, at least blanket better than a bolster!!

cloud
rocker, bouncer and swing are all different. Rocker-like a rocking chair, bouncer- bounces up and down, swing- swings to and fro.... the one u looking at can rock and swing and serves as a chair when he turns toddler, tats why 3 in 1.

the rocker only have vibration mode but u have to manually rock it...the swing is batt operated with sounds and lights...just set to the strength u want and it'll swing on its own..

I have the rocker and swing... my gal likes both... i put her in the rocker when she watches her baby einstein dvd and the swing when i want her to nap. It's definitely worth to buy one cos most bbs love it!

1868226.jpg
swing
1868227.jpg
rocker
 
Ava, thanks for ur concern. My bb will be having a hearing test on the 10th dec and eyesight test on the 23rd dec. Hope he will pass all the tests! Will keep u gals posted on the testing results.... but even if he pass the tests, i am sure the doctors will arrange us to come down for routine checkup cos the adverse effects may only come later. So... i guess i am going to carry this ‘burden’ for life. However, after immersing myself in church yesterday, i feel much optimistic now. Hope this optimism will last..

Traz, phew... glad to know the rashes of ur bb cleared up liao!!! Nowadays i am oso beri freaky over rashes...

THUMBSUCKING
Do u all allow ur bb to suck or put his fingers near his mouth area? I am in a dilemma whether shld i let my bb play with his fingers near his mouth area wor. I am still putting him on mittens.

EYE SIGHT
Does bb at 2 months old able to track movement by sight? Example if u talk to the bb, does the bb maintain eye contact with you. For my case, my bb does look at my direction but i noticed his eyeball does not stay ‘glued’ to my eyeball and i wonder whether is he having any eyesight prob!!! And i realized that if i bring something close to him, and move it to the left or right, he dun follow one leh. Issit too ‘young’ for them to track objects??
 
Hi Flos:
Your maid sounded like my neighbour maid. Every day the time she spends in the toilet looking at the mirror is more than her ma’am. She will also dress up as if she is going downtown though she is just bringing the gal to school within walking distance. She will only wear those t-shirt &amp; pants bought at pasar malam if her ma’am is at home!
 
Mandy ,
cannot complain la .. and it would be a lot of hassle to do it .. anyway getting a D grade means not having performance bonus ..nothing to do with the 13th month bonus civil servant still has .. middle management decide the grade la .. that means HOD lor ..hmm .. anyway hubby said just because i say i am leaving next year la ... cos performance bonus only paid next year in April 09 .. so i would be on NPL already .. that is the reason they see no point giving me a grade cos i would not be paid the performance bonus .. I just feel unfair cos even if they anticipate that i will not need the bonus , my performance is not fairly graded especially after doing so much work in the 6 mths for a preg lady somemore... HaiZ .. enough of complaining.. keke ..I am okay already .. just went out for a nice meal and played with my kids .. I am blessed to have 2 healthy kids .. keke ..
 
autum: oh dear! My oversight! I hv forgotten I could get babylegs in China!!!!!!!! Anyway, I've already ordered them, and my DH is so so so going to scream if he knows they are available on www.taobao.com (China's ebay-cum-amazon). Last time when I bought the Gap Bear towel (SGD49), he found it selling at RMB38 (SGD7-8) on taobao.com! GRRRRRR....
sad.gif


http://search1.taobao.com/browse/0/n-0-----------------g,mjqwe6lmmvtxg----------------40--commend-0-all-0.htm?at_topsearch=1
But the thing is u need a China bank a/c and addy for delivery. It's very reliable and goods are received within 1 day if u r in the tier 1 cities.

Jaymickey: I got them from two distributors (babybeans and itsybitsyme). Some designs were available in the former but not the latter, therefore I got from both).

bacon&amp;eggs: yeah, I am prepared to be scolded by DH! 9 pairs, whatever they are for? Knee guards for Isaac!

Qiuling: Oh no...I just read about your plight! My sympathies to you. It's like a Death Sentence if u get a D in the civil service! I am so surprised that you were kind enough to tell them u were going to leave the service for SH! No wonder they let other teachers reap your harvest lah! What is PW?

Actually, the website is http://shanghai.asiaxpat.com/ but there is no real EN motherhood forums. I got to meet the mothers and TTC wives thru this forum and from there, more and more wives joined in and we would meet regularly for hi-teas, acupunctures, foot massage, facial, shopping, hospital visits, etc. I acted as many non-Chinese spkg wives' interpreter when they went to the Chinese TCM hospitals for fertility checkups!! Those were the boliao days...

There are many Chinese ones (if u can converse in Putonghua) that I lurked in as well...

Woodlands mommy: She will evolve over time...and we cannot prevent them from getting vainer and vainer!

Comfort toy: Huh? I never had any! My mom had tossed away all my childhood toys...she hates clutter and she is a non-sentimental woman. You guys are lucky tt u still hv something to remember on...

Caning, spanking and smacking: I will never cane or smack my kids! It's so hard to get pregnant, so why smack your most precious offspring? tsk tsk! Must try to brainwash my hubs to be more lenient with Isaac. He is very strict w/ boys cos of his upbringing. He cannot tolerate brats he saw in the public
sad.gif
 
Sunrays, thanks for the clarification.. where did you buy your swing from? Roughly how much? I searched Tangs, OG and Robinsons but couldn't find it.. might go Kiddy Palace TP tomorrow.
 
Date: Sat, 13th Dec
Time: 5-8pm
Venue: Bigtoes &amp; Dracwy's place (Seng Kang, one LRT stop from Seng Kang MRT)
Attendance:
1) Bigtoes &amp; Dracwy &amp; Baby Kieran – CONFIRMED 2 adults
2) Bacon&amp;egg, Baby Kaiden &amp; hubby – CONFIRMED 2 adults
3) Ava &amp; Hb &amp; kids - CONFIRMED 2 ADULTS
4) Preggie &amp; HB &amp; Bb
5). Cloud &amp; BB
6) Isa_belle, Hubbs &amp; 2 kids
7) Lanolin &amp; HB &amp; Declan
8)Autum &amp; 2 kids (+ maid or hubby)
9) storeberry &amp; Zane
10) Flos &amp; BB (maid and/or hubs)
11) Mei, hubby &amp; Devon
12) sunrays,HB &amp; Charlotte - CONFIRMED 2 adults
13) Jas(mobilesuitegal)+ HB + Rachael
14) lilboymum + CY + CH + HB and/or maid
15) Jojobar, Hb &amp; Marcellus
16) KymKym, HB &amp; Scarlett - CONFIRMED 2 ADULTS
17) Evan_gigi, HB/or maid, BB
18) Angeline Goh + BB

Dear Jojo and Limay

Yes!! The spider rocker is really good fun and little scarlett loves it too :p can invest in one!
 
thanks, mei &amp; jojo. is the rocker also battery operated? i have the rainforest take along swing which runs on batteries – would've been better if can be plugged in cos it's quite a hassle to change the batteries (need screwdriver). the other toys in the same range look v interesting too. am thinking of getting the jumperoo too.
 
1869433.gif


Has anyone seen this set of flash cards before? I bought once from popular book store and still looking for 1 more set. Was selling for $14.90 then.. big size 8"x10".. if anyone sees it, can let me know? if not, then i will have to buy from US directly - US$14.99
 
Flos ,
ThanX for the link...surfing the website nw .. am still undecided whether to head to shanghai .. but definitely wanted to take no pay leave to look after my two little one cos MIL is leaving for Aus in January ..... you are correct about how precious our little ones are .. in fact i made the decision to stay at home when zenneth is full month . cos too much things happened during this 2nd pregnancy .. three miscarriages amongst friends i witness .. and one still birth .. so i was so glad that i delivered zenneth healthy ..
 
Hi Shazz, can you please mail me the items from the spree and after you've done so, you can transfer the balance to me.

Bigtoes, the Lasinoh bag is at US$6.49 at the rate of 1.54 = S$10.00. Please pm me your account details so that I can transfer the funds to you.

Just when everybody's talking about swing... I just bought a swing (battery operated) from Kiddy Palace Tampines on Sat! It's from The First Few Years and it cost $119.00. They had the FisherPrice swing as well at $99.00.
 
Flos - your maid story is hilarious.
Leg Warmers - need to ask, if for baby boys, why do we need leg warmers since the climate here is so hot and humid?
Is it meant to protect their knees when they crawl?

Am thinking of buying a bed for my boy when he outgrows the cot. Any of you planning to buy too and what should we be looking out for?

Shazz - PM you. need you to advise your address for collection of the spree.:)
 
breadmum

i just bought a normal single bed n use it for my elder gal..shes currently 30mths..i am now training her to get use to sleeping in her own room.maybe u need to take in account the height? any sharp edges? or angles tt he can use to climb etc?
 
Angeline- height, you mean the bed must not be too high, is it? So easier for them to climb in Am wondering if i should get a "kid's" type of bed then later move him to a single bed, or is there no difference? The "kid's" bed looks smaller though.

Traz - the rashes looks bad. Have you seen a dermatologist?
 
jo jo - cant help but smile at the pic of your boy. he has so much hair while my girl is dropping hair! :p as you can see from the last photo i posted..less hair but the bunch of standing ones still there..haha.

oh yesterday me and the wifey brought bb out for the 1st time to jurong point for shopping. pushed all the way there in her stroller..she was sleeping all the way there but once we got to jurong pt, she was wide awake and so curious.

okie, so what's the best way to bring the stroller up and down escalators? I think going up isnt much of a problem..it's going down. haha. i feel so dumb.
 
HiHi!

Kymkym - *paisei* I really din expect anyone to read our website after making that tiny amendment on FB info! Did Scarlett enjoy her swim?

My hubby did it again!!! Just now Shauna (who sleeps with us) was crying and Hb started patting the pillow he was hugging!! Not the 1st time I've seen tis....

Am i the only one still pumping at night? These days I'm so tempted to give up the 3 hrly pump.. I want my sanity n sleep back!!

Aloysius - tks 4 sharing nice shots.. at shopping centres, I noticed that ppl hold their strollers at horizontal angle when going down, i.e the back wheels are on the escalator's step while front wheel is in the air...

tks mummies for sharing abt rockers n swings!! Now I can tell MIL (with proof of you guys) to use the Fisher Price rocker we bought for her. Spidey too I think.. she was telling me it is too inclined and that it has no neck support (inner head cushion) so seems reluctant to use it though I've told her its ok so many times!!!

Btw actually i'm on tingket too till my helper comes. Wanted to try various ones on trail basis but ended up stuck with my 1st provider I tried - 4 seasons catering. Maybe my tastebud is not v good but i find the food pretty decent. Not too salty or oily. Tell u all something strange. My MIL told me not to open the door for tingket and to collect the food immediately after the delivery man leaves.. reason being people may put drugs into my food when left outside my door. Isn't that overly suspicious? Why would anyone want to do that??

so terribly sleepy as I'm typing...
 
hi everyone, so many interesting pointers to learn from all the Sep 2008 mummies here... i am oso a Sep mummy (dd born on 2 Sep) staying in the west and am keen to join in the thread...

hi flos, saw the babylegs on the taobao website u mentioned... but i am not able to read too much chinese... can we order and have them delivered to singapore??? thanks...
 
qiuling
what's stopping you from going to shanghai? it's a nice place.good to expose children to different culture as theya re growing up...

breadmum
leg warmers are good especially when the kiddoes are in shorts or rompers and we want to bring them to the mall as well as certain outdoor places. the airconditioning may be too cold for the bbs but you dun wanna change them when they are outside...eg go vivocity. indoor for lunch then outdoor for play

springz
my hb used to do that too!!! and he will also talk in his sleep..oooo, good boy, good boy huh...zzzzzzzz

and when i try to wake him up, he will jolt awake and exclaim, he fell down??!!! the baby fell!?!?!?!

those were the fb days ... now he only snores when the ch cries...
 

Hi Springz: I'm also pumping at 430am this morn. Just that too sleepy to contribute any stories here, hehe. Din know you are pumping at such hour also.
happy.gif


My hubby is also like yours. When Ryan stirred for milk in the middle of night, I only need to shake him a while,he'll open eyes, jump out of bed like those kung fu show where you can flip up while you are lying on the floor. And then he'll head straight to the kitchen to pour EBM without me telling him, hehe.

Hi piggiebearie: Welcome to our thread! 22 Nov sat, the West mommies are having a gathering at Lot1 at CCK. I wun be able to make it but if you can, can just join them.
happy.gif


Springz: Oh for the gathering at your place, may i have your addy? Can PM me lor. My hubby should be able to come...if he's not working on tat day.
happy.gif
can squeeze him in? hehe.
 

Back
Top