(2008/09) Sep 2008

Hi mummies,
How's everybody? MIA for a few days cos we were holidaying in HK!! Well, it's more like holiday for Joshua but torture for me/hubbs/MIL! He's so happy to take pictures with all the Disney characters, have breakfast with them, watch Playhouse Disney and run around HK Disneyland! Enjoyed his roasted goose, dim sum and admiring all the double decker buses.. As for me, I was so tired running after him, carrying him, coaxing him to sleep after a long day, running around looking for my PIS power plug after my hubbs burnt it with the 220V AC in HK (mine is the US model which uses 110V) on the nite we arrived.

Hi Springz,
Have TT to your POSB acct. Pls check. Thanks again.
happy.gif

Isa_belle,
Sorry can't make it this saturday.

GUG:
My J also attended it for a while. He finds the infant classes much better than the toddler ones. J did enjoy the music and phonics sessions (but not the projectwork and storytime). Lost interest after 3 terms and henceforth, every lesson kena scolding cos he's busy climbing and running around.

HAPPY SHOPPING LADIES! Share with me your great loot!

welcome ruffles!yup my bb blows bubbles and likes to bat objects. but he's 2 weeks older than your girl. tho he's started doing this earlier. aren't they such a joy to watch?

jaymickey: at least doesn't explode in your face...i had two near misses. hahaha. now i know to make sure he finishes pooing before changing.

kymkym: home-based play group? great idea!!! count me in! i vol to do storytelling. hehe. when i'm back 2010 our babies will be able to interact a great deal!

flos: wah...you can draw better than eric carle. can win award in children's publishing already lor! hahaah.

DOTS vs OBJECTS: dots can also be considered concrete e.g. statement says 10dots, show 10 dots. it's one of the fundamentals in teaching math. actually it is the concrete - pictorial - abstract process i.e. for teaching concepts of numnbers : for number 1 - start by showing one actual object eg apple (the real fruit) , then pictorial is the link to the digit '1', and abstract will be like in word problems...something like that.

and i think one flashcard site uses a variety of objects for the dots card. so it is good to expose our kids to as many diff forms of representing the numeric quantities.

Shazz, I'm sorry but its funny! haa.. really like wet market.. where's the weighing scale?

Actually my mum is like ur MIL. She loves to stuff my kitchen with many pots and pans and slow cookers and woks and bits and pcs of plates, bowls and watnots.. But then again, she's my mum so I'm more tolerant of it.. Nowadays when she wants to add more, I'll nag and nag.

I guess most bf babies have explosive shits and farts ba. Like some of u, Reyes' shit is always explosive and sometimes will leak out/explode out from the diapers. So I'm owas prepared with an extra set of rompers when I'm out.

Welcome ruffles, and I Think there are many mummies going later. Sobsob.. wont be going cos many mummies have advised not to bring baby there. And hb will kill me if i bring my boy there.

Storeberry, ask u ah.. cos I rem u only feed zane on one side per feed. Reyes does that as well. hmm.. do u feel that ur boobies have sort of like become accustomed to the amt that he drinks? Meaning if Zane drinks abt 100ml per 3hrs on ur left side, ur right side will only produce abt 100ml at his next feed 6hrs later? U get what I mean?

I'm kind of worried cos recently when I try to pump, i get only abt 100ml per pump and its just nice per feed. Want more oso don have! And I don feel engorged so easily liao. Only in the middle of the night when i don feed for 7hrs.

I do hope that I can last til at least 6months.

Dots vs objects
dots appeal to right brain. no details in it unlike stars and plants and animals...

when the bbs are still young, we can afford to use dots, but when they are older, we use real life representation like flowers or animals to let them learn 'counting'. so they can see it as math applied to their lives..this is a more left brain approach.

Crayon, I know what u mean too.. Mine also feed on just 1 side everytime. But the funny thing is, if I try to express, sometimes, on each side, I can only yield 60ml. So I really wonder if he really drinks only 60ml? So, on weekends when hubby is around to help me, I'll try to express for a few feeds and freeze the extra milk for future use. On normal days, I only express for the last feed at 9pm and I can usually save 30ml cos my boy only drinks 90-100ml.

I also hope that I can tahan till 6months... Do you have any extra expressed milk in the freezer?

Hi Mommies,

Can i join your thread too? Like ruffles, my bb was due in october but came early.. she's also born on 29 September.

Hi Ruffles,

I will be going to the sale. Hoping to get some barbie stuff for my elder daughter.

Happy chionging the mattel chiongers!!!

playgroup
some 06 mummies and i have been having a playgroup in one mummy's house. about 2 hours (but oour tots are older lah), and we have songs, phonics, science,chinese, foreign language, crafts or baking etc...quite fruitful sessions...

yes, we can defintely think about such playgroups. will sure be fun!but must wait till they are older ya!

Wow - thanks for the very warm welcome ladies!
Will share if sale is worth the trip! Managed to get my MIL to help care for her while I go with Hubs. Am looking for the FP activity play mat and maybe the Jumperoo and Baby Grand?? And maybe some advanced buying for birthday presents.

SarahMay - Ya they look so cute blowing bubbles.
happy.gif

On feeding, can I ask if your babies drink less when they wake in the middle of the nite? Mine always drink about 20-30ml less at nite..wonder if normal.

Rachel, I do have some expressed frozen milk but recently my sis's maid came over to stay for a few days and i guess she left the freezer door ajar and i think i cant feed my boy with those milk anymore. So now I will slowly try to "stock" up again lor..

During the first and second month, I really conscientiously pump in between latching on and there was a lot of milk. But for the last month, I did not really pump and I did exclusive latching on. So I guess, with lesser stimulation, the boobies will produce lesser and only watever the boy needs lor..

Ruffles, probably they're sleepy and will therefore drink lesser?

<font color="119911">storeberry (storeberry) – hah. I am glad that K is not the only drama king here. It was only recently that he became more reluctant to sleep during the day…then not enough sleep makes him more cranky, so it becomes a vicious cycle.
sad.gif
Earlier I was 'scolding' him for crying and he was smiling and laughing back at me. Haiyoh, how to get upset like that?

Jaymickey (jaymickey) – 10? Wow! I cover the strategic bits with tissue paper first (to prevent mishaps) then use about 2-3 pieces (4 max) per wipe…and even then, with 6-8 changes a day, K goes thru wet wipes very quickly.

shazz (shazzerlyn) – hehe….your pail looks like the type the chicken rice hawker has to keep rubber bands to tie up their dah-pao orders!

Ruffles (volf20) and Preggie (preggie) – hihi! Welcome to the thread!
happy.gif

SarahMay (sarahmay) – so far, I had shit fart (shart) onto my leg once whilst changing…no incidences to the face before, thank goodness. K has however, peed twice onto his own face before…think he drank some as well, too funny!
happy.gif

Growth spurt – okie, so its confirmed that babies go through another spurt at 3 months. I just weighed K and he gained 400gm over the last week – from 6.4kg to 6.8kg!! Meanwhile, I have been waking up every 3 hours at night again to pump and ensure that there is sufficient stock of EBM for when I am not around!</font>

<font color="ff0000">alabone (alabone) - you are still coming for the Xmas Gathering with hubby + babes ya?Storeberry - how about you? Can come solo with smallberry.</font>

jaymickey, that's my nightmare man, this kind of explosive poop outside, in restaurant some more!

sarahmay, u're going to be there till 2010?

hello ruffles and preggie, welcome to the sep thread! was just looking at the number of posts made by mommies and mtbs from dif months yesterday and boy, the oct thread moves really fast!

ruffles, mine drinks less in the middle of the night too (60–80ml). i think she just drinks till abt just enough and would prefer to sleep liao. if i keep holding her with the teat in her mouth, she sometimes drift in and out of sleep and drinks a little more.

storeberry

go lah for the bigtoes gathering..i am oso coming alone wif bb by mrt/lrt/walk..hehe.

rachel

u need frozen ebm? i have quite alot..i can give u those i pump in oct..but u need to return me the ikea clips which i use to clip the avent milkbags

mattel

wonder hows the sale..me just came back from malaysia late last nite so tooo tired to go...show us ur buys okie?
happy.gif

Hi Angeline,

Do you encounter Avent milkbags leaking?
Mine leak, use until i give up. I can throw away as many as 25 bags in a box and have to keep transferring from one leaking bag to another....... haiz.......

Hi Angeline, no I do not need frozen ebm yet.. not now yet.

Crayonshinchan, perhaps you can pump the other side when baby drinks only 1 side, in order to increase your supply again, and freeze the extras in the freezer.

Wet wipes - I use Anakkul wipes, and find that I like the quality of the wipes. But it's not easily available in places in NTUC. Got it from Takashimaya the last time during the baby fair. Still have another 3 canister of Tollyjoy wipes which I have not tried. Most of the times when there's poo, I'll bring him to the basin to wash instead of using wipes. Do mummies use wipes when there's only urine?

Sleeping - any babies do not need to be carried to sleep? As in, they can fall alseep on their own when tired? Any idea, when we send to the infant care, will they carry baby to sleep or leave them alone on the mattress to fall asleep on their own? What happens when babies have not master the ability to sleep on their own?

rachel: When my ger poo too much, i also bring her to basin and wash. Easy and fast. sometime i will use wipe to wipe her when changing her diaper.

Xuanting, tell me about it and we were at a not so baby friendly mall. There was no nursery rooms. So we changed her in the restaurant. Good thing it was not crowded and we were in the corner seats.. she was totally naked hahaha..

Rachel Lim, Anakkul wipe is brought in by babysafe distributor right? I think their factory is in Thomson area. Went there once.. and when baby is 1 year old, u are entitled to 50% off all house brands and it include Anakkul and baby safe brand. So quite worth it..

hi mommies - Can I join you ladies as well? Supposed to be Oct MTB but my baby was too big, hence c-sec at week 38. So now Sept baby.

How's the Mattel sale? Thinking if it's worth the trip. What time is the operating hours?

sarah may
oh yes, dots r definitely concrete but the dots/discs that i mentioned were abstract in the sense that the word problem said something like 3 birds, then one flew away. How many left? But these birds were represented by dots instead of a pic of a bird. So the textbook showed:

dot dot dot - dot =
instead of
bird bird bird - bird =

which i thot was kinda strange!

lilboymum (on dots vs objects)
ah i see. yep that makes sense!

Hmm... anyone can enlighten me then whether i'm more left or right brain? I'm poor at visualing. It's embarassing, but I can't even visualise a square being rotated. I dunno which corner. But I'm good at learning languages and I have a good memory for memorising facts (the rote learning mtd works well for me) So which am I?

jaymickey
i prefer to change my babies in my own stroller cos I think the changing stations outside r real dirty! Even in a nursery room i chnage baby in the stroller. But I try not to do that in a eating place unless no choice.

cupcakes.. actually you can get your own changing mat... then put on those changing station before putting baby down... nv try changing in the stroller though.. but think in time of no choice, the stroller is the best alternative...

Hi, Mommies

Just came back from the mattel sale.. very dusty and crowded and the packaging are durty too.. but some r quite good buy.. We sept mommies are really great shoppers!!! We took photo in font of our loots, so proud of it mann... so fun.. Can the mommy who has the picture of us with our loot post it in facebook or something? Wan to show my hubby I am not the only one contributing to the economy growth.. wahaha...

Thanks, Kym kym once again for the ride
happy.gif
u save my day cos am expressing while typing now.. so uncomfortable with two rocks in front

Thanks, Sunrays for the cold canned drink! really thoughtful of you
happy.gif

Hope you all enjoy the lunch at JP.. and hope to have such shopping chance again and go chiong all the way.. :p

hi mummies,
was there at the mattel sale too. was able to recognise your group cos i rem bacon&amp;egg's &amp; storeberry's faces. LC, nice meeting you too. heehee, but forgetful mummy here has forgotten how u look like already :p

my damage was $160 cos i bought a $90 digital cam for my FB. many of u bought the jumperoo? hmm, wish i could buy more. was a bit restrained cos my colleague was with me &amp; i would like to "parade" my loots when i get back to office. cannot be too obvious...

LC
Me back home to Rachael already!! Yeap, think we Sept mummies have made a "name" for ourselves there @ the Mattel Sale! Haha...imagine a forklift to "transport" all our loot to one end of the tent! But we've got really good buys!
happy.gif

Wa,Jas.. that is fast.. me finished wiping the package box before my hubby comes back :p he very particular abt dirt.. u let me know the potty.. hahaha.. guess we are still trying very hard just now to see by any chance can get the potty and that piano.. hahaha.. me going to shower then go over to the infant care centre to pick up their cost list again to issue cheque for registration, then after that go pick my boy.. really bo eng mann..

Hi,Twendy

Nice meeting you too.. I din buy the jumperoo.. thanks to Jas's advice, I bot the hop and pop instead cos can put him in when feeding..

<font color="0000ff">*Wave Wave to all the Sept mummies I met jus now*

Wow so many of u gals back home already
happy.gif
Envy!!!

I'm back at work though.

Mattel Sale
hhhmm... toys n packaging were dirty n dusty. muz realli go early to grab those better ones. n pls test n ensure tat ur things are working well.

My loots:
- Learning Table: $50
- Grand Piano: $50
- Musical Potty: $30
- Stride-n-ride walker: $60

hehe.. we Sept mummies are realy sale queens manz... we spent a total of $2k+ combined lor.. gohs!!!</font>

Hi sasa

Max looks good after the hair cut
happy.gif
infact more handsome.. u din shave him right? Looks more of a hair cut..does it help in the hair loss?

<font color="0000ff">LC
hehe.. juz to share with u how he looks after the haircut. yeap.. didnt shave.. uncle was shaving off but after awhile he got realli frustrated coz restricted mah... initially didnt cry.. towards the end den cry lor.. so couldnt realli cut le...

still got some strands here n there leh.. i gotta use scissors to trim off
happy.gif
</font>

Hahahaha, Jas, that is a good take.. am going to show my hubby later.. :p Me after shower hor, my hands itched!! think must be the dirt plus the sun..

LC
Hee, no probz
happy.gif
Cos I also want to save $$ for other expenditure, so didn't grab the jumperoo, although it's a good buy @ $180.. Tot the one we got is good for feeding too. Yeah, me feel itchy and sweaty still after bathing..Am going down again later to collect my loot with hubby. Will show him the pic too!
happy.gif

Sasa
You're fast too! Next will be Rachael going for the grand haircut
sad.gif
. Where did u bring Max for his, and how much?? Me should br bringing Rachael to Hwa Xia @ Harbourfront, the lady there is friendly
happy.gif

Wonder if all the mummies are back from JP?

<font color="0077aa">Sasa, LC &amp; Jas: So fast!! I am totally shag!! Weather is terrible!! I also cannot remember what I buy liao.. The loots still hiding in my car boot! Keke..

Crayon: Yah, I know what you meant, think my boobs acustomed to the kind of feeding, one side don't feel engroged till 6hours later... Today I fed him at about 1015am, pump at 315pm (I didn't lactch him, MIL feed him from bottle), I only pump about 150ml leh...</font>

Hi mummy,
sorry to interrup. I am selling my "Super Baby Food" book 2nd Edition. I wrap it nicely but never read it. Selling at $20. If u intrested pls PM me. Self collect at Hougang
1952942.jpg

Hi mummy,
sorry to interrup. I am selling my "Super Baby Food" book 2nd Edition. I wrap it nicely but never read it. Selling at $20. If u intrested pls PM me. Self collect at Hougang
1952945.jpg

<font color="0077aa">Rachel: I am so lazy &amp; tired to pump the other side when baby drink on one sides cos its so tiring to wash &amp; sterilise the parts! zzz!

Sasa: Max looks better with his haircut! So cute!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Jas
haha.. i juz brot him to malay barber to cut. $5 nia.. haha.. cheap cheap
happy.gif

Storeberry
haha... my hb once he saw the car turn in.. he faster come out to the carpark to see wat i bot le.. muahahaha.... damn farni lah.. i haven show him the boot yet. think he will faint. lucky i got jaymickey as my 'shield'. haha.. at least can tell him, NOT ALL ARE MINE!!!
happy.gif
</font>

Storeberry, you are back.. Loot still in your car? hahaha.. can imagine how tired you are..And, I got sun burn! Can you imagine?

See you, mommies again tonight in this thread. got to go to bring my boy..

sasa, my hubby also sms me to ask me to control myself when buying.. and when I told him our total bill, he immediately called me to ask what I buy and ow much I spend.. hahaha... our dear husbands!!!

Really got to go.. bye..

milk family

not much..when i used them during my elder gal time,only a few leaked. i try to put abt 200ml only so tt they wun expand too much n 'break/burst'..anyway,now no more cheap avent milkbags liao..sian coz mine is more of like store n throw..

Storeberry, yes, I know what u mean.. cos I'm also one of the lazy ones.

Sasa, Max looks so cute after his hair cut. My boy still can't lift his head so high when he's on tummy, cos he sleeps on his tummy during the day. So when I put him on his tummy, he automatically put his head down..
sad.gif

Wow, looks like Sept mummies are all shoppers!!

Back