(2008/08) Aug 2008

snow, no such good deal like friso. friso will ve promo like brig in other fm tin & buy at special price etc. Gain sale is juz like those normal offer onli.

Milk: Jac dun drink alot too. onli once in the morning & once at night 270ml each

morning mummies

we got yu ze a new bed, yu xi a bookshelve and a set of table and chair for both. they are coming in today. yu xi will get upgraded to yu ze's bed.

after today, yu xi is no longer confined to her cot. wonder if she will wake up and start climbing up our bed in the middle of the night and be a PR in our room.

yu ze had been doing that. wake up around 3am, ask for milk then drink on our bed then sleep again. he is like a big baby but had stop recently. he will still come over, sleep a while then go back to his room.

rata,
jac's intake is quite good. sometimes yu ze don't take the afternoon feed on weekends.

yuuri,
does he drink fresh milk? if he does, fresh milk can be given anytime of the day as a form of beverage. yu xi drinks more fresh milk compare to fm.

hisstory
ya..she fell and cut her inner lip before the school holidays..leaving a huge ulcer inside her mouth, then she got spots all over her mouth (lucky it wasnt HFMD) and the 10 stitches incident...sigh...
kaer is very active and playful too..she cannot stop moving for a split second...need to move about and do stuff..but when she drinks her milk, she will finish..but she is taking lesser tho..my colleague was suggesting to buy flavoured fresh milk but kaer dun like the taste of fresh milk..sigh..

Celyn

that's what bbm did for poo then she suddenly switch to potty. So just let yu ze be. BBM will go n dig for diaper to poo then or on training pants.

YLN, hope Kaer is ok. U tried choco fresh milk? Braiden & BMM drink choco fresh milk n nt fresh milk. Nw BBM does drink fresh milk but only fm meiji.

sylvia,
ok. yesterday, he ask me to wear diaper and didn't poo. he also never pee on it. before he sleep, he come to me and say 'mummy take out pamper. ng ng go home liao.' :p

YLN,
oh dear.. Nvm, you know what the old folks say right? Sthg like dun fall won't grow up.. *ooops*
But it's also good that she's still so active and can go about her various activities too! How does she take to cheese, yoghurt, tofu and spinach? These are also good sources of calcium..

Celyn,
Wah, u're brave!! I hope Yu Xi will really sleep through the night..
Ashley will come over, only to be carried over back to her room to sleep. She doesn't need anything, machiam like doing sentry duty at night every now & then

yuuri,
Have you tried giving him more?

Celyn,
He drinks a small cup of chocolate milk daily..
Yu xi so steady, can sleep in big bed already!!

Hisstory,
I honestly had no idea he was drinking so little milk comparatively!!! I thought they are supposed to drink lesser now....oops! He drinks at most 180ml at a go, but most of the time he doesn't even finish 150ml so somehow we stabilised at 120ml. Aiyoh, I feel so bad now..must make him drink more more more!

sylvia
kaer will drink choco milk but she takes like one hour to finish the small pack...take years to finish lor..when she drinks her FM, in 2 mins..its gone...so, im not sure if i should let her continue choco milk in the long run ..perhaps just to change pattern a bit..sigh dunno what else to do also..

hisstory
kaer takes cheese quite regularly..yogurt also every week...but im not sure enuff to supplement anot also...
haha..ya..i think i got to console myself by phsychoing myself to perceive falling as growing up bah..but she very prone to injuries..just 2 days ago..she open and shut the door too quickly..the door kiap her toes...cry and cry until so chiam..dun dare to wiggle her toes...the next day..she can still show me cheekily that she can wiggle her toes liao...sigh..

comparatively Jasmine also drinks quite little. She's only taking 3 x 170ml (before add powder).

Yuuri,
you are not alone, I also thought after 3yo their milk intake is lesser.

Enfakid's suggested serving per day on the tin is 2 x 220ml (before add powder).

Yuuri,
Yu xi is considered late liao, yu ze sleep toddler bed at 16 month. Yu xi is 17 month now. Anyway, the bed for yu ze got send back so can't change today.

Hisstory,
I hope she can just continue to sleep as usual. It's a matter of time that I switch her so it's just when it happen. Ashley just started to come over or all along like that? Yu ze only started before yu xi was born and it lasted till now.

yuuri,
Try giving him more, he might just accept. Honestly, I also dunno how much they are to drink as well. But since they are now taking solids, not to worry coz surely there will be calcium intake fr other sources too
happy.gif

YLN,
Aiyoh! Poor thing! As the saying goes, 'Learn the hard way' *haiz*
I also dunno if enough anot.. Maybe can do a check with a PD, since u have to bring Joash for jabs?

Celyn,
I've been thinking of gettin Ashley one of those beds from Ikea, but prob waiting to see how #2 is like to decide again how I want to configure the room.. Where did u go get her furniture set?
Hmm, I also can't recall le.. Definitely not recent, but also not every night

hisstory,
is ashley still sleeping in cot? i transit yu ze out of cot at 16 months cos i want to give his cot to yu xi. leave it there empty for 4 months so that he won't think that once yu xi arrives, everything belongs to him belongs to yu xi.

actually, now i feel you can just get a standard single or super single bed for ashley. no need to transit her to toddler bed and change later. i got all their funiture from ikea cos most likely will change their furniture again when they are in primary 1 or so. therefore, ikea furniture should be able to last till then and its appropriate for their age now.

so for ashley, it could be just a on off thing. yu ze practically wake up at 3am daily when i was in 3rd trim asking for milk every night. till i give up and force him to sleep and let him cry for a night or 2. then it becomes wake up and squeeze with me without milk. now it had slowly die down again and he just sleep in his room alone. sometimes, he will come and squeeze with me but very soon he will also climb down and go back to his room to sleep.

morning mummies

don't know what happen to yu ze, he fall off my bed twice. each time, he will just climb up, hug me and continue to sleep. :p

Morning Mummies!

My whole family is down with fever and flu. Started with Anvelle on Sat den my turn on Mon. Now, it's hb's turn to stay hm on MC. Can't believe i slept for more than 30 hours!

Snow,
Velle drinks 180ml of milk per intake and 3-4 times a day. 1x 900g tin can last abt 7-9 days nia.

Celyn,
I haven't been sterilising since Velle turned 1. And dun worry. It's the same with Velle. She can go diaper-less n go to the potty to pee but if she needs to do the big business, she will insist on putting on her diaper.

Talking about beds, do u think our 3YOs are ok to sleep on a queen sized bed on their own? Velle has been sleeping in our bed all the time. But I intend to move her to her own room when we move hse at the end of the year. Now contemplating whether to move the queen sized bed we hv in her current room over...

mummynana,
they can sleep on their own. its just you want or not loh. :p they won't really fall off. only today, its break record that yu ze fall off twice. i ask him this morning why he fall off. he say roll roll roll and fall down. :p

when we went to buy bed, yu ze keep going to queen size bed and say he wants this and that. maybe he thought he got queen size bed, i will sleep with him. hubby don't want to buy him a queen size bed so we got a single one.

having a queen size bed for her only means she got lots of room to roll around the bed and you can get to bunk in with her at times loh.

yesterday, after his last feed. hubby wear diaper for yu ze. then yu ze told him to go away cos he wants to poo. after he finished, he come out and say he ng ng liao.

Celyn,

thanks! Was also thinking whether shd get those toddler beds or directly get them transit to a single bed. Did you used the bed guard on the single bed?

hisstory,
i won't be using bed guard for single bed. actually its more cost effective to transit directly. you can also try toddler bed since you can pass that to #2 when you change ashley to single bed.

I hurt my hand and was washing bbm's cup, bowl when she said that she wanted to wash. She took her high stool and took what I was washing from me and washed!

Before I passed over, I quickly washed but it was such a joy that she wanted to wash.

She is like my nanny now... kekekeke!

Hisstory, i m those who convert diectly to single bed. not onli more cost effective but more bedsheet choices n design too
happy.gif

mummynana,
yes. i will make him go and bring yu xi along. but this year's celebration they didn't go cos i celebrate in the morning. hubby got important things to attend and i have to go back to work. so i went and celebrate with yu ze then bring him to babysitter's house before i return to work.

hi mummies

nana
bo lah...i didnt even go for kaer's bday celebration in school..i left it to teachers there (cuz her celebration was in the first part of the school session, if i was there, she wont let me leave lor and continue with her lesson)..hb cannot be bothered lor..

yln,
yah, they won't stay after seeing us. so usually my celebration is in the afternoon around 3.30pm. then after celebration, i will bring him home cos its almost time for school bus to fetch him too.

Hi mummies,

I'm back from HK, so tired but great to see my girl enjoy herself. Made some progress in getting her to do some things too..

Nini,
Chevelle is 90cm and about 13kg. I think Braiden is ok, anyway they are still growing. So long they get the necessary nutrients and are healthy, they should be fine.

celyn,
I'm not really sterilising bottles, but I make it a point to boil the bottles twice a week anyway. I think it's ok, they are 3 years old already.

hisstory / nini,
My girl still drinks alot of milk -_-" like 3-4x a day, each time like at least 120ml... My girl is milk guzzler.. I'm trying to get her drink milk from cup... cos she's alrdy drinking water from cup.

Hisstory,
I let Chevelle start sleeping on the super single size bed once she turns 3. Have to lean one side of bed against the wall and the other side put pillows. We got those type with the bottom pull-out and put mattress there, in case she falls over.

FYI, I got it from Courts Tampines (the big one next to Ikea). If you are going to Ikea Tampines, can check out Courts since next door.

Mummynana,
oh dear, the flu seems quite prevalent. Ya, usually starts with the kid then spreads around. I got it a few times like that... V tiring. Do take care.

Re: hb joining in kid's bday celebration
My hb doesn't go... It's been me so far. I will take time off to join in the morning, since on her bday, they will be celebrating National Day anyway.

Sylvia,
M is so cute! She's really well-trained, wish my girl can be more independent like her....

So quiet nowadays........

happy.gif

Children's day at Zoo/bird park

In the spirit of Children’s Day this October, the Singapore Zoo and Jurong Bird Park will be gearing up for a flurry of special activities from 3-9 October.

Kids visiting the parks with their families during the weekend of 7-9 October especially, will be in for even more treats, with magic performances and animal mascot appearances at the Zoo as well as meet and greet sessions with feathered friends at the Bird Park.

Food and Feathers Trail: Children will learn about the relationship between the diet of man and birds. They will also learn the importance between the environment and birds. The little ones will find out how they can help protect our birds through this fun and educational walk. Participants will visit various learning stations featuring penguins, pelicans, owls and flamingoes.

Date/Time: 3 – 9 Oct 2011 (Mon – Sun), 9.00am – 3.00pm

Venue: Register at Entrance

Meet & greet session with our feathered friends: Meet some of the stars in the Bird Park as show presenters share interesting nuggets of information about them.

Date/Time: 3 – 6 Oct 2011 (Mon – Thu), 9.30am – 9.45am

7 – 9 Oct 2011 (Fri – Sun), 1.45pm – 2.00pm

Venue: Pools Amphitheatre

Dr Squawk’s Flightless Feathery Friends: Set sail with Dr Squawk and learn more about our flightless feathery friends in this special Children’s Day programme.

Date/Time: 3 – 6 Oct 2011 (Mon – Thu), 9.45am – 10.00am

Sweetheart the ventriloquist flaps some fun: Let Sweetheart and her flap-bulous puppet friend, Baby Pinky, kick up a storm of laughter for the little ones. Brace your tummies for 20 minutes of non-stop laughter!

Date/Time: 7 – 9 Oct 2011 (Fri – Sun), 2.00pm – 2.20pm

Note: All activities are free, but usual admission charges to the park apply ($18 per adult and $12 per child between 3-12 years)

Singapore Zoo

SZ Uncle Jimbo 1 1024x684 Children day at the Zoo

Rainforest ALIVE! booth: Kids can get creative and colour a vision of a rainforest scene together with various rainforest animals here. They will also get to indulge in fun face and hand painting activities*.

Date/Time: 3 – 9 Oct 2011 (Mon – Sun), 10.00am – 4.00pm

Cost: Donation of any amount will go towards Wildlife Reserves Singapore Conservation Fund (WRSCF).

Venue: Outside entrance retail shop, Singapore Zoo

* Face and hand painting activities are only available from 7 – 9 October.

Make a Falabella Friend today!: Kids can get a close encounter with the world’s smallest breed of horse, the Falabella, at this pitstop.

Date/Time: 3 – 7 Oct 2011 (Mon – Fri), 11.00am – 11.30am

Venue: Outside entrance retail shop, Singapore Zoo

The Grand Giraffe Parade: Dance around a bevy of graceful ‘giraffes’ for a perfect photo opportunity!

Date/Time: 3 – 9 Oct 2011 (Mon – Sun), 12.00pm – 12.30pm & 4.30pm – 5.00pm

Venue: 3 – 6 Oct: Outside entrance retail shop, Singapore Zoo

7 – 9 Oct: Rainforest Kidzworld

Magic on the Move with Uncle Jimbo: Singapore Zoo will celebrate Children’s Day with quirky magician Uncle Jimbo. This year, you’ll be in for a treat as Uncle Jimbo greets you at the zoo entrance with his bag of magic tricks. Don’t forget to catch his stage show too at the Rainforest Kidzworld for more magical fun!

Date: 7 – 9 Oct 2011(Fri – Sun)

Time/Venue: 10.30am – 11.00am: Outside entrance retail shop, Singapore Zoo

11.30am – 12.00pm: Rainforest Kidzworld Amphitheatre

Dr Ooz on the Loose!: Dr Ooz our in-house researcher is on a secret mission! He has to nab the nasty poachers who have ventured into the lush forest of Ooztopia before more animals get harmed! Join him as he shares with you his findings and learn about why the animals’ survival is important to our well-being.

Date/Time: 7 – 9 Oct 2011 (Fri – Sun), 3.00pm – 3.30pm

Venue: Rainforest Kidzworld Amphitheatre

Note: All activities are free, but usual admission charges to the park apply ($20 per adult and $13 per child between 3-12 years)

morning mummies. =)
so, how is our x'mas bash planning?
art party?

sylvia
no quiet, me just gotta fast come fast go nia.
now boss not here yet, so ok...hee hee... =P

valnsw
chevelle's weight and height verysimilar to zynn's, zynn 89cm tall with weight 12.5kg.
she consider quite small size in her class, but ok for their age lor.

oh oh....boss lai liao, peeping around some more.
>(

Morning mummies!

Celyn, yln, valnsw,
Hb came with cake in the end. My colleague surprised us with a huge Princess balloon bouquet and helium latex balloons for the skool. It comes with tiara and wand too! She was so proud of her party in skool!

Snow,
Dunno leh. Anyone can help organize? I m quite caught up with work now. Will help whereever I can though.

mummynana
wow...anvelle must be so happy that day ya? =)

mummynana & celyn
i browse net got limitation now, also abit difficult leh.
but was thinking can settle the type of party we all are looking for?
i mean art party or just book a playroom for them to play, so that we can sit down and eat? hee hee..

celyn
oic...ya, think gotta wait till 2 yrs later when some parents considering doing pv anot then got some topic again ya? hee hee... >P
now all of us wkday busy work, wkend busy kids...really abit difficult to log in.

snow74,
yah. i think our thread got ok liao. now they are 3 years old liao then its starts to get super quiet.

imagine yu xi's thread, they are not even 2 years its already very very quiet loh.

Halo

I brought BBM to watch Lion King musical.
Their age limit not standard... 1 page said above 2 need ticket, another page said above 3 then need tickets.

In the end, bought 2 tickets n watched. She likes it very much but 2nd part abit too late n sleepy.
So had to give her biscuits to keep her awake. :p

Just that booster seat too hard, rather sit on my legs but have to keep moving her head to see what was happening. In the end, we took the booster seat n let her stand on top of it on the floor, see very well! Kekeke!!

So ex!

Good morning mummies,

Sylvia,
Did you like the Lion King? I'm thinking of Wicked
happy.gif
hee

Celyn,
I wanted to come in so many times this week, but kena swarm by work & silly opic ppl.. Cannot make it!

Snow,
Your seat still in view of many ppl huh?

Back