(2008/08) Aug 2008

Jvenus (venus),
Me at work now. I slept at 6+am for 30 mins and woke up, brought my son to CC (at my office)
and now rescheduled my gynae appt to 2+ so be going down soon.

The discharged stopped so maybe it's not serious ba. Baby still nudging ... but not sure if this is normal cos i kinda din really monitor if baby is normally vv active. Normally when he kicks, it's quite obvious and painful.

Snow74,
Later see gynae and see what he says. Have done all my shopping already, except the Ameda pump which they can deliver in few days' notice rite?
Dun wan to buy too early cos warranty starts early. At the moment I have the AVENT manual pump so still ok.

Medusa,
Thanks.

Peppermintt,
Your pink stain is a little bit only or a lot?
Mine is may 1/3 of a panty liner.
Contraction - not really sure.
Just keep feeling baby nudgging in the belly.

Mulberry,
Thanks. I think oso it's prob not but can feel a bit more painful at the lower tummy. I woke up this morn and did some checks on the internet and that's why i din call the gynae at 3+am .... hehe.

I got worried and woke hubby up and told him. He then replied "I oso dunno what's next" and went back to sleep! *Faintz.

Thank goodness there's internet and forums.

hi mummies,

Just wondering if any of you have heard of this Dr Cheng Tai Kin from Kinder Clinic Siglap?

I think I figured out that he's the PD assigned by my gynae.

Would appreciate if anybody knows and can give feedback so that I can decide if I want to switch or not.

TIA!

mulberry,
So your mucuous plug came out already? Guess you must be feeling kan cheong alrdy.
Maybe you may go into labour soon. Better check with your gynae if more mucuous plug comes out. Can check for dilation.

shint,
Do update us on your situation.
Hubbies are super blur one.. After I told mine that I felt abit crampy, then he kan cheong, every day ask me if I'm feeling better or ask isit contractions. I said no la, I think is false alarm.
But I told him, August coming liao, v fast hor? baby is coming out soon. keke

Wing
Congrats!
happy.gif

Nini,
I bot the pigeon rubber changing mat (blue on 1 side, pink on the other side). issit the same?
I oso tried to wash and air it, but still got a farnie rubbery smell.
So i bot another Tollyjoy one from Kiddy Palace. It's blue in color wif animal prints. Abt S$10.
I oni washed it wif water and air it for 1-2 days, and there's no smell. Maybe u can try dat.

Mulberry,
Yah yah! the other time, my false contractions were oso quite painful and told hb dunno if i can realli tahan the real one when it comes.
Then we decided dat we'll ask for epi even before the real contractions kick in..no need to put up a brave front to anyone..:p

Btw, i jus rec'd both of my wall stickers from Vpost.
Jus realised how dumb i was cos both stickers are from Sandylion.com, so cld haf jus ordered from them directly and saved on the shipping cost, instead of 2 different merchants.
Anyway, i'm v happy wif my loots leh, cos the quality is v good!
happy.gif
Hope u'll get urs soon!

Krex, wing,
CONGRATS!!!!
happy.gif

cocomo,
how to know if baby is taking our breast as pacifier? cos CL say that mine is doing that. i noticed baby is ok at night when she drinks formula but in the morn, the moment i wake up, she seems to know i am awake n cries to suck frm me even after CL has fed her formula so i can wash up n eat first.
same thing happ today n while she waits for me to wash up, CL puts a pacifier to her to "bluff" her first. i told her hubby n i don;t want that habit but she insist it has to be like that if not she will cry until wind goes in. sigh. everyday new pattern.
when i am ready, she still suck frm me la

epi c sect:
don;t worry, u can talk to yr anathethist and tell of yr concern, they may give u a mild sedation so u won;t b too scared n it really relaxes u so u can enjoy the moment n the gd thing is, no headaches after ops. but might have itch thru-out yr body, side effects which can eats meds for max 2 days can liao. don;t worry. it was memorable for me la
happy.gif

Shint,
think mulberry also same as u, just monitor n look out for contractions. it shld be soon. all the best!
happy.gif

i know it will affect my SS that's y my hubby had a long talk with CL. still today i had to ask CL to leave the room while i BF n not sit there n look n talk n talk. i only pump at night if not nipples will b toooooooo painful to latch later la

Jvenus, celynlee, snow, medusa, YLN, hisstory, vone, valnsw, luvlel,

Most CL do always discourage BF so they can have more time to rest with formula!
My CL very stubborn type.tell her also don;t listen,( must catch her red handed then confront her type ) very naggy too, all is gd except the breastfeeding part n pacifier for now. think she wants to buy time to rest, talk to my mil n watch cable at my hse! i'll leave it to my hubby to talk to her. i can;t take the long conversations with her, i need to rest man!

YLN,
me also dun want to use pacifier but ........c how lor. so envy at least u can do massage. my wound is still painful with i exert myself to get out of bed
sad.gif
AC.............so good!!!!!!!!!!! me want too

reirei,
wah, at first CL say can on AC, now say try not to, i tong lor.....at least i played cheat cos stayed in hos for 5-6days, so tues is my 12th day, i can bathe liao!!!!!!! yeah!
my bb's lips very pretty n round. i dun wanna spoil her shape lei

peppermint, mul
i can't do total BF lei, bb really huge app!!!
now i tell her to control the formula such that i can latch on every 2hrs. my bb is a hungry bb la, after latching for 30mins to 1hr, she's still hungry n cry one! so need to sub, no choice. she already had comfort sucking n will cry until face super red. only after BF with formula than she is willing to sleep
sad.gif

CL remarks really insensitive. jus now i had to call n call for her till my maid ask her to att to me cos she was busy watching cable n talking to mil!!!!!!!!!

Snow/Peppermint,

Me using sleeping bag for baby, based on the recommendation - 0.5 tog for hot weather and very warm nursery environments of 24-27degrees C. So, I guessed if we set air-cond in that range of temperature will be just right for both mummy and baby..
happy.gif

Mummies who are breastfeeding,

It was mentioned in Mrs Wong's class not to touch baby's chin when feeding. She asked to wriggle baby ear so that baby will swallow while we latch on.

Also, I remember I got to know somewhere that newborn baby's stomach is just the size of a walnut. So, they need really little milk to start off with and mummies are not to worry that baby is not having enough milk.

DRINKING WATER CAN BE HARMFUL TO SMALLEST BABIES

Wed May 21, 2008 2:42pm EDT
By Anne Harding
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Babies younger than six months old should never be given water to drink, physicians at Johns Hopkins Children's Center in Baltimore remind parents. Consuming too much water can put babies at risk of a potentially life-threatening condition known as water intoxication.

"Even when they're very tiny, they have an intact thirst reflex or a drive to drink," Dr. Jennifer Anders, a pediatric emergency physician at the center, told Reuters Health. "When they have that thirst and they want to drink, the fluid they need to drink more of is their breast milk or formula."

Because babies' kidneys aren't yet mature, giving them too much water causes their bodies to release sodium along with excess water, Anders said. Losing sodium can affect brain activity, so early symptoms of water intoxication can include irritability, drowsiness and other mental changes. Other symptoms include low body temperature (generally 97 degrees or less), puffiness or swelling in the face, and seizures.

"It's a sneaky kind of a condition," Anders said. Early symptoms are subtle, so seizures may be the first symptom a parent notices. But if a child gets prompt medical attention, the seizures will probably not have lasting consequences, she added.

Water as a beverage should be completely off limits to babies six months old and younger, Anders and her colleagues say. Parents should also avoid using over-diluted formula, or pediatric drinks containing electrolytes.

Anders said it may be appropriate in some cases to give older infants a small amount of water; for example to help with constipation or in very hot weather, but parents should always check with their pediatrician before doing so, and should only give the baby an ounce or two of water at a time.

If a parent thinks their child may have water intoxication, or if an infant as a seizure, they should seek medical attention immediately, she advised.

Hi mummies and mtbs

I have been a reading the posts quietly once in a while. This morning at 1am I realised my panties were kind of wet and went to check. Some pinkish mucuous like thing has flowed out as I wiped myself. Was tired and went back to sleep.

This morning more mucuous thingy dropped out and it was more obvious it was pinkish in colour and I decided to put an overnight Kotex pad and go to work since my contraction pains stopped after a while at night.

After 4-5 hours I realised that my thick and long pad is already wet and almost leaking. There is still not much pain. Anyone can advise if I should go to the clinic and have myself checked? Think Dr Heng is not at the clinic today lei.... how ah?

I did check with Mrs Wong about giving water to newborn. She said is ok to give a little bit of water like 10-30ml is fine. I plan to give baby spoonful of water after finish breastfeeding (otherwise baby's mouth and tongue will have white white layer coz milk not cleared)...But then don't know what type of spoon to use le...

I plan to try cup feeding with expressed breast milk to avoid nipple confusion as and when necessary. Again, don't know what type of cups to buy eh...

Experienced mummy can advise on the spoon and feeding cups ? Recommended brand and where to buy ?

Jassie,

Is there any smell ? Was advised if wet pad just mainly clear water with no smell most likely is water bag break liao.... better confirm with the clinic !

Cord Spirit

We need this to clean baby umbilical cord area right ? Where to buy ar ? Then is supposed to be used with sterile gauze or any cotton swab will do ? Me first time mummy got a lot to learn...

no smell wor...not much pains as well. I also suspect it's either burst or leak... waiting for hubby to finish his last lessons for the day before I pick him up in the cab and go to hospital for a check..hee... heard that dr heng is not in the clinic today. wonder if she is still going to be around when we are there after 5? wonders wonders.

jassie,

Just call both the East Shore and Bedok clinics.

She can be at either clinic. Else, if she's not around, speak to her nurse to alert her of your situation and what you should do.
I think if you don't know the other clinic's number, the nurse should be able to provide you.

Better go check.

Thanks val and bbwise,
i called the clinics earlier and the nurse from the other clinic (not the one at bedok) sounded pretty gan cheong while she checked with her fellow colleagues on what to do.. that kinda make me panic too..hee. they say "no pain, never mind. just time the pains and come hospital when you are in pain."

my other colleagues strongly suggest that I go home and make a trip directly to the hospital soon to get myself checked. they also recommend that i get a mc to rest tomorrow in case i panic during my lessons..haha. i tried calling the clinic again but there was no response. should i just go straight to hospital? can't think very straight now..

Jassie,
It muz be ur water bag burst liao!
U shld be in labour soon. Good luck!
happy.gif

Babywise,
The instructor standing in for Mrs Wong at my antenatal class said there's no need to wipe bb's tongue after BF leh.
Oni need to do so if bb is on FM and got yellowish stain on her tongue.

Twin Stars,
Aiyoo! Muz realli tell ur CL off man..pay her to watch cable ah?!

reirei and other mummies

i am kinda confused now. i doubt i should be lugging my hospital bag to the hospital for a checkup right? :D hahah... i would look so silly. perhaps i will go with hubby and check for dilation and contractions. if we are to be admitted then we admit after 12mn or something? is that advisable?

Jassie,
Did ur gynae give u a number to call in case of emergency? Maybe take a look at ur appointment card?
Usually it's a call centre which will take ur msg , help u contact the gynae, and ur gynae will then call u back.
If this doesn't work, i will go straight to the hospital to check.

Huichin: My edd is 12 Aug. My gynae asked me to just stick to this edd rather than have the thought that edd switches here and there.

I saw my gynae this morning and found out that she would be on personal leave from 080808 to 100808 so pray that Amber would not pop during this period!! I am surprised she did not have patients queuing to deliver during these days. My baby is 3.09 kg. Not as big as before as plus/minus 400g. I think she will be about my son's size and height when born.

Anyone find that your Indonesian massage lady is good, pls recommend? I like strong and hard massage strokes rather than gentle type. Also want the jamu wrap. Thank you!!

<font color="0000ff">shint</font>, i remember woody telling me before that got show but no pain then no need to go to hospital. but it's good that u check with him this afternoon. keep us updated!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">twinstars</font>, i hope my CL is not pro-FM. haha. i dun hv cable or pple at home to chat wif her. think my CL will be bored. haha.

<font color="0000ff">babywise</font>, i didn't attend antenatal class this time as it's #2. but i remember for #1, mrs wong told us to use a finger to lightly stroke the bb's cheek if suckling stops.

<font color="0000ff">jassie</font>, all the best!

<font color="aa00aa">Re: CL red packets</font>
any idea how much to give and on which days? when do u pay the CL their "salary"?

Jassie,

Like Rei Rei advise, try get hold of your gynae. If not, just go hospital straight with hospital bag now...worry water level low later baby in distress la...

Rei Rei,

Actually don't have to wipe one...but I don't like baby's month to have a layer of white coat...so I am thinking of giving just spoonful of water to flush milk and clear her month after every feed lo...

Hi Jassie,

I am a quiet follower to this thread. Saw your post and I must say something. Please do go to the hospital now. Not to scare you but my gynae mentioned to me once the water bag breaks, try to get to the hospital as soon as possible just in case the umbilical cord falls out before the baby arrives and that means danger for the baby. Take care ya,.

medusa
weather not gd, take gd care of ur boy and urself okie?
my gal can sense that mei mei is coming, think so.
few wks back, she still ok 1 leh. -_-"

shint
better rest at home now lor, anything haven buy yet can be buy later liao lah. =)

wing
congrats!
still wondering where u went to leh.
remember to post bb photos okie?

jassie
think most important thing now is to go and see ur gynae 1st lor, hospital bag thingy still can get ur hb to go home and take mah rite?
but u did ur pre-admission?
just bring that letter along just incase bah.
gd luck, jia you!

jassie...
You should go hospital now.....
Once water bag leaks or burst, there will possibilities of infections! U dun need the hospital bag so soon... family member can bring it for you, just bring your admission letter....

Sorry to interrupt your discussion

I hv a Brand new Philips 3 in 1 steaming centre for sale. Warranty card unfilled. Bought in Mar 2008
It can sterilize bottle, warm milk and steam food when baby is on solid food
A good long term investment. Save space since it serves 3 functions

If interested pls pm or email me [email protected]

little twin star
when r u starting on ur massage?
my massage lady say must massage to let the blood clot out...now i have blobs of bloody discharge...which is supposed to be good...she say my stomach a lot of wind..so my massage quite painful leh...

twin stars

wah ur CL quite diff to handle.. Still sit there &amp; watch u BF or enjoy herself with cable &amp; chatting. *tsktsk* Just tahan awhile more k??

jassie

It sounds like waterbag leaking! Update us on ur progress!!

Halo Everyone!
Finally log on to announce that I have popped on Tues 29 Jul 2008 at 2020hrs at TMC...my little 1 really chose good timing to come out man...

Had a long labour coz was induced on 28 Jul at 9.30pm but only gave birth the next day but I'm really glad that my gynae was very patient and understanding that he stood by my wish to have natural delivery and I really did it again but w epi...this labour was painful and long as compared to the 1st but all worth it coz my little princess is finally out and I'm so happy to carry her in my arms.
happy.gif

Starting my massage tmr morning liao...can't wait...tummy also flatten now...so happy...heehee

Hi mums &amp; mtb
I'm a quiet reader of this thread, just delivered my bb gal on monday weighing 3.515 at tmc...everyone including the PD was saying that she's a big bone bb..anyway..I have not managed to BF her at all since Monday..have been trying to get her to latch on using nipple shield but it seems that i have no supply...so distress over this...can anyone help?

Hi Mummies.. congratulations to all the mummies who has given birth
happy.gif

I just had my check up and dr Woody said I should deliver by next wee. Baby is 37wks and weight around 2.7kg.

Jassie: It sound like your water bag.. hope you are already on the way to hospital now and if it is have a smooth delivery
happy.gif

Little twin star: Your CL should be lessen your burden and not adding it. She shoulnt give u unnecessary PLUS WRONG info.

When I gave birth to my 1st child, I insisted that I'll only breastfeed him. I didnt even want to buy formula. WHen I found out that my mom bought a small tin of similac (she said just in case we need it..) , i WAS very angry.
Sometimes my son would want to drink every hour till my breast bleed and sore. Till one day, after his feeding he vomitted blood and it's was actually blood from my nipple.
sad.gif
But anyway I used nipple shiel for 3 days and give him expressed milk till the wound healed.
I am glad I persevere and managed to bf him till he was 15 mths old.
Our milk is enough for our babies. As long as we keep pumping/latch on the breast will keep producing milk.
Last time the nurse taught me to touch bab's cheek gently when they stop sucking.
SO mummies... Ganbatte kudasai!!! OK
happy.gif

By the way, anyone drinking raspberry leaf tea? does it really help during labor?

Nini, I got the same changing mat..(is it pigeon brand?) that one must wipe with water and air first. then the smell will go away.

Oh and regarding pacifier, I also didnt let my parents give him pacifier.
I was very stubborn that time... no formula, no sarong, no pacifier, no water, hehehehe.

little twin stars,
ic. since ur hb will b talking 2 her, i hope tt everything will turn out fine 4 u.
happy.gif

jassie,
sounds like ur water bag broke or is leaking. pls call ur gynae asap.

m2b,
congrats!
kao_cheers.gif
u mus hv a good rest nw okie.

coolsnow,
continue 2 latch ur bb on okie. coz our supply usually take a few days 2 b established.

M2B,
Congrats!
happy.gif
We heard the news from snow earlier on, who updated us.

Guess you must be relieved that you did not have to wait so long til Aug to deliver.

Wow, good your tummy flatten fast fast liao. I hope mine will be the same.

Have a good rest!
happy.gif

Cocomo or whoever is updating the table now,
My gal is Maegan and weighs 3.445kg at birth.
happy.gif

Thanks all mommies for the well-wishes!
It is really heartwarming to see the little one comes into this world...I cldnt control my tears once again this time...all the pain and wait is all worth it! Jiayou to all who is popping soon.
happy.gif

Tried to bf bb but since no supply yet so gave formula too...she is quite a sleepy head now though...can sleep for 5hrs w/o milk...hahaha

nini,
lucky you mentioned about the changing mat. I just took out the Pureen one that I bought from motherhood fair, and it smelt kind of rubbery too. So I'm also airing it now.

coolsnow,
Do persevere. Sometimes the milk supply will not come in so early. Maybe you can get her to suckle first to stimulate the milk supply.
Like my friend, hers only came in 3 weeks later..!

Valnsw,
Tummy went down alot immd after birth even the midwife said "wow, tummy flatten liao hah?"...heehee

BTW, TMC's midwives and staff at the delivery suites are really WONDERUL! Had two experiences there and both are great...they are very caring and encouraging.
happy.gif

Ya, my bb was delivered at 39w2d...finally...heehee

M2B,
Cool! So you getting Mdm Zu to do the massage for you? Think this time you no need the corset alrdy.

I called her that day but only told her my EDD around mid Aug. I suppose I can call her when I give birth right?

hashishan,
sad to say I only took raspberry leaf tea once after I bought it about 1 mth ago. Now I don't dare to take as it's supposed to be stimulating. I scared take now, induce labour.
If I remember correctly, krex also bought raspberry leaf tea to try but she has just given birth. Maybe can ask her?

M2B,
Congrats!! Ur #1 muz be v happie now cos finally can take care of mei mei liao! Hehe..
happy.gif

Woah, so fast ur tummy flattened oredie?
Maybe ur workout during pregnancy does help hor? Then i cham liao lah..cos neva exercise..

valnsw: yes..I think it is suppose to be stimulating and make the contraction more effective (according to the moms in mind website).Krex and other mommies: .. any feedback on raspberry leaf tea?

Valnsw,
Yup, Mdm Zu is coming tmr at 9.30am to massage for me...so happy can start the massage fast...

Ya, you can call her when you have gave birth and she will ask you to sms your address to her and then she will arrange with you again.
happy.gif

ReiRei,
My #1 is really excited and possessive of meimei, always wana see and touch her...hahaha

But I'm glad so far no jealousy yet.
happy.gif

Tummy not really flatten but I think shd be considered better than those mommies whom I saw at the check-out counter at TMC...maybe coz I'm tall and tummy not that big to begin with...hope the massage will help further.
happy.gif

Celyn,
Your turn will soon be here...trust me, when you see your bb, nothing matters more not even your weight or tummy size...just the bb is enuf to let you forget everything...labour pain etc...
happy.gif

M2B so u also pop liao cograts.

Cat, u should ve pop too. Congrats too.

To anyone I miss congrats.

For me life ve not been easy my gal is very cranky at night &amp; dun wan to sleep. She is also a big eater dat my supply cant support her. Even for FM she can call for milk every 2 hourly n at times can finished as much as 120ml!!! Below is a pic of my gal
happy.gif

1599250.jpg

Ratatouille,

Your baby girl is so cute!!!
happy.gif
Want to cuddle her liao.

Heh... her top says "milk love" isit? hehe, maybe that's why she likes to drink alot of milk.

Your girl has healthy appetite. BTW, who does she resemble more? You or hubby?

hi mummies
happy.gif

back from hospital
happy.gif

My birth story very simple cos csec

28/07
9sm Admit GlenE. Go to newly renovated floor. Wah.. so nice. Got LCD tv somemore.. but was very hungry cos cannot eat and drink.
11am Nurse came to shave and change to robe and wait.
12pm Bed came to bring me to operating theatre. Hubby went along.
12.10pm Went into operation area, bid hubby goodbye cos he cannot go inside. Met Anaesthetist. went into operating theatre.
12.20pm Gynae call say she be late.. so I chit chat with the nurses inside. Anaesthetist took my blood for cordlife. And also inject my hand for the drip. Painful..
12.45pm Anaesthetist said to give me oxygen ... hmmm .. so nice .. Anaesthetist took my hand again, said gyane is coming.. I took a look at him holding my hand preparing to inject, then the nurse ask me.. "is pure oxygen nice ? what does it smell like" I said "nice.. got abit lemon smell"
<knock>
13.25pm Baby Bernice born (but i still sleeping) She was pushed out to hubby and family .. I remember my gynae asking me "wake up.. finish already" I looked at her .. then she asked me "painful" .. I said "yes" .. then dozed off. woke up hubby was trying to wake me up in the lift back to the room "is baby ok ? pretty ?" I asked .. then dozed off ...

<back> could hear all the commotion from the family going goo goo gaa gaa over Bernice.

"baby got double-eye lids?" I asked .. and dozed off again..

whole day was spent dozing off and on from sleep. Kinda knew what was going on but just couldnt get myself to be sober. Finally at about 8pm, I forced myself to wake up .. took ginger water.. talked abit, and finally looked at my baby
happy.gif
tried to bf her .. but she was quite sleepy too..

ohh I tell you, somethings dont say pantang .. baby was very sweet and quiet 1st day, then someone commented, "wah baby so guai .. never cry" .. that's it. The next day till now, she's been crying quite alot. Esp during feeding, i think cos the milk hasnt come in so she's gotten impatient.

Today finally can squeeze some liquid out from breast, gynae say it's mix of colestrum and milk, but it seems still not enuf for baby. She cry and cry. suck until my nipples very pain. she can suck for like 40mins on the breast, doze off and when u try to unlatch her , she will suck again.. LC say her suckle is good, just need to wait for milk to come. But her latch will from good slowly slowly end up only left with the nipple and she happily suck to sleep. Damn painful.

I gave her fm for the nights in the hopsital so i can rest. Just now got home and bf her on and off since 4pm - 6pm until she so angry and i felt so bad i gave her 40ml of fm. then now she happily sleeping le..

update later need to go have dinner now while she sleeping
happy.gif

Back