(2008/08) Aug 2008

Reirei,
the bubgagoo bee can use the maxi cosi car seat. just need to buy an adapter. i think about $80. mothercare sells them. No disc even with the amex card cos it's net priced item.

Strawberry,
no prob. just let me know whenever. no immediate hurry for the washing machine.

Re Bra,
maybe we should start a biz on nice bras for pregg woman. sure got biz. haha. I only stopped wearing my underwired last week cos now tummy bigger so will feel uncomfortable. But i do worry about sagging cos I was initially 34C and now 38D. I think if possible go braless the most comfortable.. hahaha.

Hi Krex,
My is the Scense washer from Prime Lifestyle. It has a spin dry option. But maybe a different model? I am not too sure. Will post out the functions over the weekend or Monday when I find the manual
happy.gif

hahaha

i'm very amazed by the fruit (strawberry) n storeberry.....always answering each other's ques
happy.gif

i'm also getting the pigeon's pes bottle
happy.gif

isetan;s selling the pigeon's sterilizer set for $149 i think .....it comes with 3 starter bottles ( not pes) so i will use it as stand by but will buy the pes ones.
yes, it is slightly yellowish. there is 2 grades....the better quality pes bottle is the slim one, the wider bottle's pes is not as gd as the slim's ...that's what the salesgirl at taka told me

hello ladies, long time no chat. juz went for my routine check again today. now resting at home. trying to read all the posts.. so many..

rata,
pls update the table for me. baby's weight is 886g at 25 wks.

valsnw,
yes, i get very irritated when my hb brushes against my nipples. it was the same for my 1st pregnancy. tink it's really sensitive during tis timing.

blursotong,
welcome!

missysz,
offhand i can oni tell u tat they open till 7pm on wkdays.
happy.gif

lts,
got disc with the taka card for the bottles, right? was tinking of waiting for gss to stock up, but on the other hand worried tat it'll be snapped up b4 i even know it.

hi joanne,
i tink i saw something similar (not so fancy) fm kiddy palace n toysrus. bu these obviously look more ex.. i used to have 1 of these. but sold it off. very useful for the first 3 mos, esp if u r bfeeding n take care of the bb urself. ;)

hi faeriekim,
i got e pics from babyrus, but sg only have toyrus. Infact the bassinets not tt exp, avg usd90 n i like the frilly frilly stuff but figured the shipping will probably cost me a bomb..mayb i will pop into toyrus see, thx!

twinstars
Can I check if the Pigeon pes is BHA free?
Is it made of glass? There have been so much talk about harm in plastic bottles nowadays but I am not sure if I shd switch them cos I am so used to using nuk bottles. Then I scared glass will break esily cos my boy bottle feeds himself now then I scared he will break the bottle... : (

hi medusa, thanks for the info. my hubby uses caltex and i think no car seat redemption there.

hi fariekim, catherine and strawberry, thanks for sharing the operating hours and contact numbers.

just called baby kingdom and Baby Hypermart..i assume they are located side by side right? there is another baby superstore right? where is it? i am confused. haha..

Baby's Kingdom
Weekday 10am - 9pm
Sat 9am -10pm
Sun 9am - 7pm

Baby Hypermart
Mon – Sat 11am – 9pm
Sun and PH 11am - 7pm

hello ladies, need some advice..

can i buy pigeon steriliser but use avent bottles coz i have avent breast pump AVENT ISIS iQ UNO? or the brand of the steriliser doesn't matter as both brands can fit any bottles?

which steriliser is better? avent or pigeon?

little twin star,
Great, thanks! Will go have a look soon.

missysz,
Baby Kingdom and Hypermart are very near each other, in the same compound. When you see one you should see the other. The last time i went, there were parking "valets" for the two diff stores, so you shdnt miss them.

The other baby store should be Baby Avenue, along Balestier Road. You shd see it as u drive along Balestier. I dun have the contacts thou, but opening hours shd be abt the same as the other two.

wah missysz, thanks for the info instead! din know they operate until 9pm now! wow...
i am using a pigeon steriliser for my pigeon + avent bottles.

joanne, happy shopping
happy.gif

joanne, how much would one of these cost? is bedding comfortable to sleep in? i was contemplating play pen in master bed room coz' it's movable but heard the bedding not that suitable. now dunno whether to leave bb in the next room and use bb monitor for feeds at night or use a sleeper and place him on our bed for the first few months. easier for me esp if he's going to wake up every 2-3 hrs.

krex,
im not too sure how much it will cost in sg. On US sites, it costs anything from USD70+ to USD100+. Tot of buying from US sites, but think shipping costs will be quite abit cos it shd go by weight. Tot of getting it if not too exp cos its portable n i intend to let bb sleep alone w monitor at night in his room, and daytime to nap with me in my room, or anywhere i wanna move him to ard the house. or if not, get a cot plus moses basket.

frm wat i know, bb can only sleep on it for a couple of mths, say 3-5 mths before outgrowing e bassinet. Will let u know more when i pop over to toyrus at forum take a look.

Missysz: From what I have heard, Avent bottles can fit into Pigeon steriliser. Pigeon is cheaper than Avent & some forummers recommend Pigeon cos function more or less the same. I would most prob be getting Pigeon one. Heard that KK is selling for $88, no package milk bottles though.

Little twin star: Haha.. Yah the berries are talking berry language here...

storeberry

The stroller is really ex.. Tt's why I'm still thinking real hard abt it. Bt HB says he doesn't mind, coz initially we wanted to bring in an even more exp stroller - Xplory. It retails at $1.9k in SG
sad.gif

blursotong

*waves* Welcome
happy.gif

Metro sells nursing bras yah? Shall keep in mind.. You recall the brand?

joanne

i think i've seen tt cradle in ToysRUs - Vivo City. It's really lovely.. Can rock bb to sleep too!

medusa,
i also wanted to use the nuk glass botttle but i think there is a high chance i will break them or the baby will throw the bottle hence i went searching for bha free plastic bottles. so far the market only has 2 to choose from.

1) b free :
i wanted that initially but there is this funnel for anti colic. i'm worried that my maid may not do a gd job in washing the funnel then .......... also i read comments that the teats may fall due to suction. anyway, we only need to prevent colic in the first 3 mths.

2) pigeon pes is plastic and is bha free. it is simple to use, no funnel and friends overseas love the soft latex teats from pigeon. their pes bottles has 2 types. the thin bottle n the wide neck. the thin ones is of a better quality bha free plastic then the wide neck one. according to the salesgirl.

hence, my decision la.

joanne,
np, i waned to get it too. but it is only for use to 3mths lei. once baby start to turn, cannot use liao., it;s so pretty right? same as the moses basket but impractical to me la
they have a baby section there as well. they sell like esprit strollers etc

krex,
i'm also having the same headache as u. most prob buying the co sleeper. so can move to my room to the living room. the one that joanne is eyeing on. the mattress is also not thick, like a changing mat thickness. it cost from $99 onwards. cheap n cute but can't use for long

hisstory,
don;t start rocking the baby. they will be hooked and will not sleep unless u rock them lei. end up u'll be more tired

STOREberry,
ya, u guys talikng berry lingo
happy.gif
the $88 pigeon sterilizer that u say cost $88 is it the rapid steam one or the normal one. there is 2 types lei. the rapid steam one can put 6-9 bottles. takes 6mins and is auto off. the latest version. if so, i will not get the package one from isetan lo

ooh MTBs who love to buy Louis Vuitton or other luxury items.. Would you still spend $2k on a bag or for bb?

im so tempted to buy/spend... but when i think of bb, i thought 2k could buy so much things for him...

im the angel, im the devil talking...hahaha

Wow, seem like the MTBs here are really willing to spend on prams, cots, breast pumps etc for bbs.
happy.gif

Nini,
Hb is also thinking of buying me a LV bag for our ROM anniversary this month...I'm deliberating coz of the cost too. My fren offers to help get from Italy coz will be cheaper but still ex lah...

Twinstar
Thank you so much for the info : )
You have any idea if the pigeon bottles can fit in the nuk teats? Cos you know Nuk teats are the closest to the mummy's tits so I am worried if switch may have a problem....

twinstar, wow, i am impressed by your extensive research on bottles. thanks for sharing. can check what does it mean by "bha free" and "pes bottles"?
happy.gif

nini, for now, i wpuld rather spend 2k on baby stuff but if you have extra money to splurge then feel free to pamper yourself..maybe u can get the LV diaper bag. hee..

M2B, wow so nice of ur hubby! It's my 1st yr ROM anniversary this coming monday..but dun think hubby buying anything for me cos my bd was jus last mth n we just got bk from a delayed honeymoon trip..
im buying the LV myself..keke infact my hubby never splurge on me one.. im the one splurging on him.. 'tong ren bu tong ming' ah~~~keke :p

missysz: hehe money where got extra one..haha.. i feel that for bb, i rather give up wat i like..n give the best to him.
happy.gif

Hisstory,

I din know that bugaboo bee could use a infant carrier, my god, i'm soo sua ku. hehe. This is another plus point for this pram.

nini,
. But after getting pregnant, i will always oppose when he say he wanna buy for me. I keep telling him to save money for bb instead. It seems like i m more willing to spend money on bb stuffs den my own stuff now. hehe

Hi ladies,

thanks for the welcome.

Joanne, i have seen such cradles in Robinsons as well. Maybe you can check it out during GSS.

Hisstory, I cannot remember it. I will also be trying to go down Metro to get a few of it. I passed mine to my sister. Good only for home use as it is 'shapeless'. hehehhe

Little twin star: I am not sure the Pigeon sterliser model KK hospital is selling, maybe can call & check?

I have been spending alot of bb items & all are small items & I need to control myself!!

twin star,
hardening without cramps is BH, i have it everyday from walking up & down stairs plus if i go out, short walking from the car to hawker centre or antenatal class etc also kena...

mousse,
must i need a doc prescription to buy from fish oil kkh pharmacy?

faithmum,
think my gynae is more cautious, yr gynae din ask you to do a CTG to see if you are having pre term contraction? try to rest if you can, i got hardening of the tummy even on medication now...

strawberry,
i understand cos i was also very "fan" when i was hospitalised for 5 days cos others with same problems aledi discharged after 2 to 3 days... i cried a few times cos i couldn't get well despite the initial treatments & i had severe headaches & vomiting from 1 of the medication...

re: strapless bra
i bought those cheap strapless bra from those HDB shops & ask the gal to remove the wires for me cos i couldn't find wireless strapless bras from a few departmental stores i went...

dongle,
no need. just go directly to the pharmacy's cashier to get the fish oil.
happy.gif

little twin stars/storeberry,
if i remember correctly, the $88.70 pigeon steriliser which you're referring to, is the 'normal' one. you can find it at the pigeon section in the kkh pharmacy.
happy.gif

steph

Not tt the BB can be used as an infant carrier.. But newborns can be seated in them, so no need to add on the maxi-cosi carrier.
happy.gif
Hope I didn't confuse u
happy.gif

twin stars

*heheh* I wld try to avoid rocking too! My mum has accustomed my niece to the yao-lan, so she's hooked on to it & NEEDs it to sleep. So it's very troublesome when they want to go out, restricted by the sleeping times of the little one

blursotong

Dun worry abt it.. Let's see if i can find fr elsewhere too
happy.gif

hello ladies!
finally got time to come in liao, gotta rest my eye for awhile...ha ha..

hisstory, twin stars,celyn, storeberry
just done with the CP order, hopefully they wun reject my s'pore cc. =P
yup, some items oos.
but very few only lah, most of them still have.
give me some time to rest my eye, later then i update u gals again hor?

catherine
Birth&Beyond convenient for u?
think their yoga class is every tue and fri 10.45am, i haven call them up yet lor.

reirei
just pm me, i'll try to order if i could. =)

celyn
my hb's company always cater from smiling orchid, he say so-so nia lor.
think most people that i know prefer neo gdn.

m2b
u isetan card member?

aiyo, i typed a reply to u guys but it disappeared...never upload
sad.gif

medusa,
i also dunno. think it is possible but better check before u buy. i tot of using the nuk teats too but it looks huge man!!! u sure the baby;s mouth can go in? hehe

missy,
no la, alot of mummies here already did their research on that if u read thru the archives.
bha is a type of chemical released when a plastic is under high temperature like sterilization. supposed to be unhealthy. but i heard as long as u make sure the plastic bottles are totally cooled before using, shld be ok

pes: is a high grade plastic that is free from bha even under high temperature.

storeberry, mousse
it might be the normal one. mmmmi only want the new one. so i guess i will get the isetan set
happy.gif

dongle,
i think i also have bh everyday as i always climb the stairs
sad.gif
but it comes and goes. i also need to monitor that i don;t overdo things. last night i tried to cook. wah, back very pain and i become breathless
sad.gif

u must also take extra care okie

nini,
hehe. u eyeing on the LV diaper bag is it? very tempting hor. if u are carrying yrself, i think it's fine to indulge yrself. but for me. my maid or stroller will carry my bags so no point liao. in fact i love walking hands free, hehe. i better invest in a watch
happy.gif

hey all,
this wk is mother;s day!!!!
for first time MTB....n mummies already

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

( i doubt i'll get anything from my "toot" hubby
sad.gif
)

hi mummies.
it has been a hot afternoon..so sian..fan blowing directly at me also perspire..
sad.gif

isetan private sale..
heehee..shopping time again...next week got isetan private sale..15 may 8.30am-10pm..8.30am-10am i think is for members...during that time will get additional discounts..good leh..after 10am is open to public ..yummy shopping
happy.gif
..think its time to get the NUK steriliser liao..isetan selling cheaper..but of cuz got less freebies...

little twin star
i agree with u on the LV bag..if i myself carry..then 4-5K also will buy...if other pple carry...then sian already..no need to buy so ex one..heehee
happy.gif

snow74,
thanks. i used neo garden for my wedding too and like them. but they don't have baby full month menu. unless i get the eggs and kueh separately. neo garden even got 15% discount for baby full months celebration and additional 5% for members if i didn't read their web wrongly.

yln,
i'm opposite from you. my office is so cold that i wish i have a blanket with me to cover my legs up. i'm wearing a dress today and my legs are freezing. got to walk to the toilet once a while to get some warm and sun.

Hisstory,

No worries, it did not confuse me. hee. Wat i meant was, i didn't know that an infant carrier n be added to the stroller via an adapter, only after seeing yr pic den i know. hee.

yln
i thought isetan pte sales is a close-door sales for the whole day?
i remember i need to show the security guard the member card then can go in 1 rite?

celyn
oh, ok.
but do we need to cater red eggs and kueh also during full mth celebration har?
will the guests eat it?
else wait all left over then how? -_-"

Twinstars
You very funny, haha!Can lah, the nuk teat can go in, confirmed. My boy used that from birth till now but of cos got varying sizes as bb grows bigger : )
Okie, maybe I will check whether the nuk teat can fit in pigeon bottles anot before buying

snow
the brochure states that it is open to public from 10.30am-10pm leh...but in order to get discounts..must have isetan card...so i think members can bring in guest...from 8.30am-10.30am..think got more discounts for isetan members...after that from 10.30am..its just the normal discounts

Nini,
Actually my hb is the 1 who introduced me to branded stuff leh...before that, I dun own any branded goods 1 but he won't buy for himself coz he says he doesnt need them...hahaha

Diaper bags - I aldy have an allerhand bag from 1st pregnancy and also a burberry blue label tote liao so won't be getting any.

Snow,
Yap, I'm an Isetan card member...heehee...but very sian leh, now got a meeting scheduled on that day so cannot take leave...so sad coz I wana go grab some bb's stuff leh...
sad.gif

yln,
hmmm.... so far the isetan private sales that i went are all close door for members and member's guest only. those open to public are the one at wisma and tampines and you need to have the card in order to have better discount. unless they change their rules this time.

snow74,
i don't know if its a must. my friend do have red eggs and kueh for her son's full month. got people eat lah. that time, her mum very cute insist that i eat the red egg. she say eat already then i will have a boy next time. i was not pregnant then cos just had a miscarriage.

yln
oh, ok.
ya, normally i go in as guest in the afternoon.
i din noe guest cannot go in in the morning. =P
thx for ur info.

m2b
ai yo, then really wasted liao.
still thinking of jio u to go together...hee hee...

Back