(2008/08) Aug 2008

morning ladies! =)

linx
my friends recommended me phyto for hair drop problem, they are using it also.
ya lor, my room floor is always full of my hair....till hb also ask me can pls try to do something.
ha ha....

baby cot:
1. what's ur cot size ? Convertible til toddler ?
52"X27"; convertible to toddler bed or sofa

2. Where did u buy it ?
motherworks @ great world city

3. If rem, how much u paid 4 it ?
$230+ (3.5yrs ago)

brie
congrats, congrats.
so our aug thread got another star bb liao.

ruixuan
should not be rite?
cos this is not the 1st time sl took photo inside studio mah.

during cny walk-in, they took 2 days.
this time, they sent me on the same day afternoon.
think its depend on how busy they are, also what time u took ur photo bah.
cos i went in the morning on 1st day, so maybe its faster cos not much ppl infront of me.

celyn
ai yo, then yu ze can sleep well anot? =(
i remember last time #1 discharge from hospital from fever, also rashes all over.
she told me its not itchy, so hope yu ze wun feel uncomfy also.
think it might be the way hospital "force" their fever to subside ya?

rona
kids growth is like that 1, their weight and height will increase even slower after 1yr old.
only after they goto school then suddenly grow up very fast again, dun worry okie?

hisstory
hee hee....just try a few more days, think ashley will get use to bottle feed very fast.

sylvia
okie okie, thx very much.
due to some last mins issue, really need to have some income now.

nini
then make sure u dun preg again before braiden turn 18mths wor....
else, u gotta spend another 18mths or more at home again.

m2b
can feel how happy u are now.
guess how will he react with ur new image?
hee hee....

<font color="0000ff">sylvia</font>,
oh, your work allows you to take care of your kid at the same time? what's your work like?

sigh.. i went home at 6+pm.. dont care liao.. oh, where to find the agency ah? i wanna do lei..

hehe.. good idea to mash apple and we drink the juice at the same time.

<font color="0000ff">hisstory</font>,
congrats! just in time for you to go back to school.

hey, tks for adding me in fb. saw your pics in japan. wow, you all went to quite a few places yah? the room looks so cosy! is it ex? Ashley looks so happy n the photos.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">mrs teng</font>,
ooh, must get china barley, pearl barley cannot? why ah? ai ya, i just got the pearl ones.. silly me..

<font color="0000ff">timmin</font>,
oh yes, i rembr your work. ya, when E is older, you can try putting him in playgroup for few hours on wkdays then you can work few more hours, dont even need everyday hor.. that's very nice arrangement.

<font color="0000ff">hashisan</font>,
the nebuliser is like an oxygen mask so it's not painful. they put medicine in it so that bb will breathe in the med when the gaseous state comes out. cos doc says the nebuliser wont take effect immediately so need medicine too. oh no la, cos anna was wheezing and we were all worried then.

hehe, we can all join the bogei club.

me also dont think working full time is feasible lei.. i'm super tired and sian with work. then pp will tell me not to leave cos economy no good. but who will compensate me for my children's growing up? haiz.. really dunno how.

<font color="0000ff">ruixuan</font>,
you working now? me like you too.. plan to resign soon?

<font color="0000ff">snow</font>,
ya, not easy to survive on single income. so really thinking hard now and where to find that PT job.

are you using any of those hair creams like some of the mummies here?

<font color="0000ff">m2b</font>,
where did you hb go?

<font color="0000ff">linx</font>,
when i was home with ashley, #1, i really enjoy those times with her. after a while when i get the hang of things.. can really plan everything well. actually able to give our bbs the time is really a good thing. i think if we all can do own biz, will be good hor..
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">mulberry</font>,
ya, anna cant use first teeth cos she's allergic to milk. like her sister. so i'm taking goat's milk now. gotta call for delivery from the farm.

oh so your bb is taking one less feed and sleeping longer in the night now? so nice.. anna woke up at 3+ for milk last night, then refused to slep till 5+am. end up got woken up by her daddy and sister when they were preparing for school. now awake again.. playing with the cover of my laptop!!! =)

<font color="0000ff">celyn</font>,
sorry i think i asked about this before..where did you find your great bbsitter?
happy.gif

haha.. anna wants to get near my keyboard but i kept saying no, anna, to her. now, she made her way to the top of my laptop by pulling herself to stand. funny sight.. haha.. will put the pic on fb.. gotta rush off now.. will read rest of posts later.
`

mulberry,
I didn't see anything about that... guess it's up to individual. Now thinking how to break this habit...cos she still needs somebody to rock her or put in sarong to get her to sleep.

hashishan / brie / fitbaby,
Congrats to the babies being selected. No doubt it will be gd exposure...hehe no pun intended la..

ruixuan,
yup, aug thread v happening, got all the stars here.

nini,
I also intend to put my girl into childcare once she hits 18 mths. For my own sanity and cos I also dun want to have a maid anymore. Else, if really hv #2, at least if #1 goes to CC and I also need maid, at least the maid can breathe easier to handle one baby.

hisstory,
Congrats! so your girl has finally taken to the bottle, keep it up!
Maybe our babies have this innate thing or 6th sense to feel what we mummies want them to do. I also need to ease back into full-time work.

So I'm also praying for my baby to hv a gd bedtime routine. So far, these 2 nights, she's been skipping one night feed, though she woke up in the mid of the night crying, but after rocking her for about 5-10min, she wld go back to sleep. Hope she will hv consistent sleep and wake up times.

M2B,
Great to hear your hb will be back! Think your girls will also be happy to see him
happy.gif

giraffe / ruixuan,
U all intend to quit to be SAHM?

RE: SAHM or FTWM
I say for women, either way, something's got to give. For SAHM, it's forgo earning power/income to get the closeness/bonding with child. For FTWM, it's the reverse.

So conclusion, cannot hv your pie and eat it. Women of this age are expected to juggle work and family for FTWM.

Personally, if I had a choice, I would prefer to be SAHM between the 2. Of course, if got PT job, I also don't mind. To me the growing process is priceless, something that $ cannot buy.

But all this depends on each individual's family situation, childcare arrangements.

Snow
i went there at 11.15am
yah.. i saw them got alot of photo file...
just read from studioloft thread that their aircon broke down yday.. SL very scared of heat

Valnsw..
haha... maybe bernice is the fourth babies being selected too!!

mummygiraffe
yah. i working.. i working shift work too! my hubby alone need to bring SL for class when i can't make it.. hubby will look after SL when i work in weekend (Cos SL return to us during weekend and weekday he is at babysitter;s place)feel like my hubby is more like a mummy to SL than me.

giraffe
ya, especially if u have more than 1 kid.
now my main problem is my mil nursing home cost, its killing. =P

no lah, never use anything yet.
my scalp very sensitive 1, can use also?

valnsw
as the bb grows bigger, their sleep routine will be more stable liao.
partially also cos they dun nap so much during day time. =)
jia you!

Giraffe

China barley is more cooling, but cannot over cook, just when the barley starting to break open, can liao..

For pearl barley, the longer you cook, the more heaty it gets.

ruixuan
hee hee...we took the same timing, cos scared too late bb will feel sleepy.
ya, i just saw it also.
their studio is already not so cold when got air con liao, can imagine how sl reacted.
nvm lah, u said still got some not crying photos to choose ya?

snow,
I hope so, cos I wana regulate her sleep and wake times to make it easier for everybody, including her caregivers.

Also noticed her nap duration getting shorter but she definitely needs her naps, else not enough sleep.

And along the way, comes teething, then she super cranky and hyper, doesn't really want to nap -_-""

Does your MIL need some sort of care that a maid cannot help out? Wondering if hving a maid to help take care will be cheaper than nursing home?

Last time my grandma suffered a stroke, so my mum and uncle/aunties got a maid for her. My grandma still stayed w the uncle's who lives w her, so hv somebody to jagar the maid too.

eh heh... saw u asking about the facial thingy. Sounds gd hor? wonder if it's really gd... U going for it? IF you are, let me knw if it's gd... then i might consider it ;)

RE: Scratching of ears
Ya, as what snow mentioned, my hb ever read up on teething on the net, seems like cos the back gums itchy or hurts during teething, so babies will just scratch behind the ears where the back gums are.

Tmrw bringing Chevelle for the Sean Lau photoshoot.

Keeping fingers crossed that she will be ok.... But the timing is during her morning naptime. stressed...

yln,

i give jonah 30ml of water in between feed, i.e. few scoops solid, 1-2 scooops water. else he will start playing with the water and don't drink. he doesn't like water in the bottle so we have to feed by spoon and trick him into taking it. if we feed juice, he can drink up to 60ml.

Snow,
Hb so funi…I asked him go FB to see the gals’ updated photos and he actually called me and asked how come dun have my photos…hahaha

Giraffe,
My hb went overseas for a month due to work.

Valnsw,
I think #1 will be happy to see daddy but I dun think Mae will recognizes him liao…hahaha

Why chose the timing that clashes with Chevelle's naptime?

valnsw
ya, dun worry too much about that sleep routine.
as they grow up, sleep is not the main issue any more... =D

more like, we cannot control her.
she smoke, like to eat junk food, etc.
if she stays there, those nurse can control her diet and got 24hrs medical care.
else if she fall or some funny behavious happen suddenly, i cfm dunno how to react 1 wor.
so for her safety and health, think i work till die also must let her stay there lor.

hee hee...gian gian like that lor.
u saw my face before mah, its damn sensitive till cannot makeup 1 leh.
so she said till like no extraction kinda thing, and using natural fruit some more.
ok, till she quote me how much then i let u noe. =)

m2b
hb miss u more mah....hee hee....

M2B,
Only left with Tue or Wed morning slot for this week. I wanted to do the shoot this week, cos next week onwards, I will be v busy and no time to bring on wkday liao.

snow,

erms? What u mean by sleep is not the main issue? I want my bb to sleep earlier and hv consistent wake up time, so everybody can anticipate the timing, easier to arrange things to do.

Actually I also don't quite like those facials that cause redness after the steaming and extraction. V irritating one... is like after facial must hide the redness with makeup.

Ya, let me knw too, though I've also asked her to email me.

I like the convenience of doing it at my home. No need to go out hehe.

valnsw
as they grow, its discipline that is the main issue liao lor...ha ha....
their sleep will be more and more stable once they understand what is day and night, that 1 is not a very big problem by then.

ya, extraction pain pain leh....i dun like also.

Valnsw
Why soo gan jiong? hee..how many clothes u bringing?
Now i got headache getting the right clothes for her photoshoot..
Muz show us pics ok?

Timminbuzz
Aiyooo..Latch Ethan on to clear it?

M2B
Watz GUG? Orh..Growing Up Gifted? Issit good?

BTW, for mummies who gave solids/porridge, how many times u feed a day?

I'm wondering if I'm feeding too much solids and too little milk.

Here's Chevelle's feeding schedule

7am - wake up drink milk (usually about 100-120ml)
7.30-8.30am: Eat cereal
10am: Nap
11am: Eat porridge
1pm - 3pm: take a nap of 1hr-2hr??
3pm: drink milk 100-120ml (depends how much she wana drink)
5pm: porridge
8pm: Milk 120-150ml (these few days only 120ml)
9pm: sleep

Seems like she's taking 300+ml milk a day due to 3 meals.

Is this enough milk or should I cut down the number of times for solids? Worried about her calcium/iron intake.

reirei,
Think I gotta call Adelena of Sean Lau to double check on the clothes to bring, cos I emailed her yday, no reply yet.

I knw must bring her fav toys.

haha, ok will post a few pix, else upload on FB later. Cos I think dun get the photos straightaway, must go down another time to choose.

Gtg... you mummies enjoy chatting ya?

hisstory
is it ?? paiseh... new FB bit confusing for me :p need to dig here n there :p Will go later n have a look hehehe

baby emma
hugs.... try to calm urself 1st b4 carry Mark.. If we r troubled bb feel that n will get fussier.. I felt that this morning.. Was so upset with my sis, end up shouting n screaming then when I hold bb, she struggle here n there n fussed... so tried to calm myself then put bb to nap..

Brie &amp; Fitbaby
Congrats for Isaac n Trudy... we do have many celebrities here
happy.gif

Sylvia
even now the cot too small for meredith oredi ?? Wahhh wont b able to make it to toddler bed then... :p will soon need super single hehehe

Yuuri
reading ur post abt ur hb almost flipped, the way u describe so farni hehehehe I'm still laughing here

happy mummy
Hope ur hb is ok now.. how come he can end up with intestinal infection ?

Tigg3r
It's so nice.... make me feel mayb I can give more to my gal.. just have to try harder... but really lor... u r such a good mom

LTS
it's me doing survey on cot... Thinking shall I get one at this stage cos usually I just use playpen but now since I lowered it, in the nite when she wake up for nite feed means I have to bend quite low..long run mite cause backache :p so wondering is it good idea to get a cot now which is conv to toddler bed.. but many cot I saw have diff size so another confusion lor :D

So far from mommies in the survey I just know standard cot size is 28"x52" :p but looks like mite wont really last til toddler one 4 Meredith hehehe

reirei
got to try to clear during his next feed. if he's not hungry, hard to clear for me. boohoo...praying hard that will clear! got to feed left boob (blocked) again. my right boob is bursting!!!! haha

valnsw
i'm also feeding ethan 3 meals a day. i dunno how much he drinks, but i usually latch on 1st then feed solids abt 30-45min later.

7am - latch
7.45am - solids
11am - latch
11.45am - solids
3pm - latch
4pm - solids
7pm - latch then zzzz

Snow74: Ya lor... Thats why family planning is very important.

M2B: Oh your FB profile pic is very chio!
happy.gif

val: Sean Lau give u the timing? I have to wait for my ON spree to arrive first..have to purchase more nice clothes first. hehe..
happy.gif

M2B
wahhh so good ah Raine actually ask herself for enrichment... Nice n intellectual gal wor... If they ask by themselves, they'll more concentrate rather than we mummies who admitted them
happy.gif

Special treatment fm u lah.... make him feel that he's loved so much lor... After that can get the revenge lor heheheheh..... need to swipe more on his card :p

Snow
Phyto uh ??? Wonder is it really efective... r u using ?
happy.gif
if do, I'll wait for the news abt the result heheehe

giraffe
u r true.. for some year ahead bb will need our times the most one.. abt doing biz, I used to think like u but now I realize if ur own biz, u'll have to b more hands on n have more to think abt which is will lessen our time 4 bb.. Unless the biz is oredi very establish one.. can run on its own then we can just check lor

Valnsw
Good luck.. enjoy the time.. dont forget to post the pics
happy.gif

Timmin
Ohh Ohh.... E as usual didnt clear up his morning milk properly uh ??

Water n Juice
Been trying to feed bb more water but still she doesnt take as much as I hope.. headache.. trying to give her juice oso but she gave some funny looks then spitting it out like brrrrrrrrr with the toungue one... cant give her like some mommies here 50 ml water then 60 ml juice... hmmmmm..... how uh ??

ahhh.. my left eye is hurting now. BRaiden poke;scratch my eye this morning when i jus woke up... So painful my tears keep rolling down. Got teary eyes n it's soooo painful till now... even when wind blows also painful.. I m goin to see a doctor later.. Ouch!
sad.gif

Juice
Actually for me, i don't really like to give juice. I like to give water. my friend gave juice to her elder one from 6 mths onwards and had had difficulty getting her son to drink water later on and her son has rotten teeth. So when she had her #2 gal, no juice, just water. H2O is still better then juice?

juice
i haven't given juice to E either. just gave him water and since he takes, i didn't give him juice. scared later he only wants juice, don't want water, then i peng san. :p

linx
yah...this morning, my pump not efficient. didn't pump out properly. and he didn't drink properly @ 11am feed. sianz.

lots to catch up today! It's a very busy day, coz we're doing the dry run before i return to work

<font color="#CD3278">timmin</font>
Okie..*phew* I hope none of your items has an expiry date in April leh..

U're right.. I also think it wld be so strange to just stop BF, when tt happens the ending is just so abrupt.. When do u intend to BF E till?

Oh dear.. U going to the LCs?

<font color="#CD3278">celyn</font>
Aiyoh!! Tt wld be another round of headache if it happens!! Eeee, must cross fingers &amp; toes

<font color="#CD3278">M2B</font>
Enjoy your day with hb on Friday.. Ask hb to plan sthg really nice &amp; romantic for u 2??
oooh, ur Hb's really sweet! He doesnt only want to see his 2 baobei's pix, he wants to see his wifey too

<font color="#CD3278">twin stars</font>
Gg still wakes for night feeds ah.. Siong leh

<font color="#CD3278">snow</font>
She better get used to it.. This cow must go earn income liao, if not someone's going to hang a pig head at my door

<font color="#CD3278">giraffe</font>
Wld check out ur a/c soon!
Stayed only in Tokyo, didn't even venture to Mt Fuji or other prefectures.. Can't afford to do so with a cranky bb who needs sleep. She looks happy indeed! She's a very happy bb
happy.gif

<font color="#CD3278">val</font>
Oooh, thanks! I sure hope the next thing tt's settled is her naps.. She's still the short napper of zhunzhun 30min duration, so it might be very siong on my parents

Tt's a lot of improvement for Chevelle.. Ashley also does wake up at night, sometimes twice.. She wld be able to self-soothe for once

Same here, I'm wondering if her milk intake is going to be reduced.. When I latch her on I dun feel the stress, but when i express out I feel like i'm not producing alot. *stress*

hisstory
i don't expiry will be so soon lah.
happy.gif

i'm hoping to go till 12mths. currently i have 1 extra bottle of EBM every morning. cos he only takes from 1 boob and i have to express the other boob. i tink i might be the one hving probs weaning and not E. haha...

not gg to LC yet. hoping he can clear @ e 3pm feed. praying!!

Snow,
I hope hb really misses me as much as I miss him man…hahaha

Valnsw,
OIC, hope Chevelle cooperates during the PS…you taking family shot?

Regarding milk feed, I’m also worried Mae is not drinking enough milk so now with a feed of brown rice and porridge, the rest is all milk, so she still get to drink about 600ml+ of milk daily…

ReiRei,
Yap, GUG is Growing Up Gifted…from my #1’s experience, I will say it is good but I’m not sure abt the standard now though…heehee

Nini,
Haha, thanks! That pic taken about 7 years ago leh…old liao..sob sob
You take care, better go see doc fast coz eyes dun play play…

Ling,
Yup, I sometimes think my #1 thinks $ are photocopied rather than earned…she kept asking for courses so that she won’t be bored at home in the afternoons…hahaha

OK, will follow your “advice”…special treatment followed by ask for “pay back”…hahaha

Hisstory,
I’m gg for the Easter Day Walk-In on Fri and #1 has her Chinese enrichment classes at 4pm so guess cannot do much on Fri liao…hahaha…nvm, just glad he is finally back after so long…

our supermodel allivier is out on m&amp;b mag cover pg liao, so cute! =D

nini
ya....once u planned, make sure u stick to it lor.
sometime "accident" do happen. =P

ai yo, ur eye better now anot?
take care.

linx
my friends had been using phyto products, they are still using and recommended me lor.

hisstory
u borrow $ go jpn is it?
ah bo how come got free pig head?
ha ha....

ya, sg living std is top 10 high countries 1 lor.....
single income abit siong.

m2b
make sure u wear sexy sexy wait for him to come home...ha ha....
then next time he will come home very fast every time liao lor.

m2b,
you don't look old at all. still v hot mama!

snow,
sorry, haven't got the time to send zynn's swimming pic to you. will do it rightaway.

val,
do update and post pics of chevelle after the PS. my bbJ doesnt have nice outfits. stress!

nini,
take care, hope your eye is okay now. sayang!

<font color="#CD3278">timmin</font>
Wah, u must have a lot of ss tt he only needs 1 boob!
12 mths isn't too far fr now hor.. So fast they are now 7+m.o oredi! I also dunno when i wld stop, but my work my interfere in the ability to pump, so prob have to supplement..

Looks gd so far.. Albeit a little more tiring coz gotta wake earlier, but it's gd prep for the real deal next week

<font color="#CD3278">snow</font>
hahah.. My boss needs me back, hahah, if i dun go back my boss &amp; colleagues are not only going to hang pig head, they are going to call me at 12MN to remind me to go weewee

U intend to give tuition to dong for awhile?

<font color="#CD3278">M2B</font>
Oh.. There's the weekend ahead to do lotsa couple &amp; family stuff
happy.gif

missysz
received it liao, thx very much. =)
its ok 1 lah, just send it when time allows lor.

think they look very cute in that costume ya?

hisstory
ha ha...understand, some position just cannot go w/o a person there.
its very nice that ur boss willing to wait 7mths+ for u.

i cannot, not that i dun want.
last time tried before, not those kinda person who can teach. =P

Snow,
Will go get a copy of the mag to support Alliver. =P
Haha, hb just called and said coming back tmr night instead liao…hooray!
Shd be gg airport w #1 coz Mae (sleepy rat) will be in dreamland by 9am…
Wear sexy clothes ah?! Later my ah lao kena heart attack ah…I’m not a sexy person lah…hahaha

Missyz,
Thanks for brightening up my day with your compliment. But I’m really no longer young lah…imagine my #1 also 5yo liao.

Hisstory,
Ya, sure miss my hb a lot coz after 1 month…the longest he has been away.
Think my MIL misses his son a lot too so this weekend will be more of his family time…hahaha

So fast you gg back to work liao hor? I also back to work for more than 5 months liao…time really flies.

M2B
Thanks
happy.gif
No lah, their toy...quite dirty! haha

ruixuan
I saw SL's photo when I was there!!! Not alot of crying...still v handsome!
He always show cheeky face in class ah? Aiyoh...

m2b
he shd give u a surprise instead mah, just appear infront of u. =P
ha ha....just joking lah.

yuuri
no leh, ur boy look cute and alert leh.
i like especially the 3rd photo. =)

Yuuri,

Nice pix! I like the last one, looks like he's going to say "Hear me Roar!!!"

M2B,
looks like Mae drinks quite a lot, 600+ml a day. My girl prob only half of that, but mb she makes up for it in one extra meal than Mae.

reirei/missysz,
I also stressed what to bring, I'm gona rummage thru her clothes later to bring. I think got some she still has not worn yet.

hisstory,
Hope your dry run goes well. I also need to do dry run soon. headache.

nini,
oh dear, sounds painful. Got tears somemore, better go see doc.

timmin,
though u latch him, it's 4x a day. My girl only drinks 3x a day.

krex,
Chevelle is the same, only drinks water by spoon. If leave her with the bottle to drink, she will play with the teat instead.

ruixuan
hee hee....u let sl sit inside that basket also.
maryann said zynn cannot sit up yet, thats why need to sit inside basket 1. =P
sl look enjoying himself leh, still as cute and energetic.

snow
Thanks...he refuse to smile no matter what we do..then just sit there gong gong looking.

Val
Thanks. I think he was roaring at the photog's son! haha!

ruixuan
Hee! Saw these pics already. Very nice!

hisstory
in the end...i went to tmc's parentcraft to see LC. sigh. couldn't clear on my own. thank God i went. massive blockage. near nipple somemore. damn painful!!! but cleared now. *phew*

i tink my blocked ducts prob is partly due to my good ss. it's more than enough for him. so cannot clear. tt's y always blocked. most feeds, he takes max 1 boob plus a bit on other boob. never empty both.

valnsw
hmmmm..maybe u can give a milk feed b4 porridge? then can increase 1 more feed.
i just saw LC. she said 4 latch on feeds for E's age is OK.

wow! so many cute babies!!!
what's this easter walk in ah??? sorry...i'm blur! :p

Back