(2008/08) Aug 2008

Twin Stars,
The 1 I’m looking at is navy blue with light and music at $109 thus I think very worth it…now I scared wait I wana buy, OOS liao…

Serriz,
Guess I will bring my elder gal to choose the present that she likes and buy that for her and say it is from meimei…heehee

Snow,
So nice you gals meeting for hi-tea tmr…hiaz, me gotta work coz got tender interviews….sianz…

serriz,

I heard that clarin is good but now i am using the one that my gynae recommended, so far no stretchmark yet. Very lazy to apply also.

Amabel,

i need C section cos my placenta is covering ops thus cant go thru the natural delivery. now have to rest and rest...

wow u must be petite huh - i'm quite tall abt 1.68m, u can imagine when i was 75kg during my first pregnancy - look like king kong

keep me on the loop if u manage to find a special present - want to get something meaningful too.

snow,
yup you pm me ur hp. i just pm u mine. Contact u tom when i get to town ard 2?

Little twin star,
Mul has my hp. I will ctc u girls when im in town tom then meet up.

Seeya girls tmr =)

M2B,

i would prefer to be a surprise and give to her at the hospital when she see her meimei - i heard some stories that the child was confused...

amabel,
u breastfed for 13mths? can i ask u sth personal? but of cos u dun haf to ans if ur uncomfy =) Does ur breasts sag after breastfeeding for quite a lg time of 13 mths? Cos my mum is very against breastfeeding, always say breastfeeding causes breasts to sag blah blah blah..im intending to breastfed no matter how, but mayb for onli 6 mths, cos i really v scared breasts will sag also..

snow,
yes, tummy very big liao

serriz,
i'm using bio oil but the thing is i'm lazy so never apply diligently until i saw the marks. it started on right side, now left kena also
sad.gif

m2b,
that play pen looks like a good deal too, it comes in orange too

joanne,

okie. see u tom
happy.gif

Hey ReiRei, oh u went there too! Me too! Hahaa..I was there on..Sunday afternoon. Hehe. Sekali we walk passed each other! Hehe..went to see the stroller - saw this brand Inglesina - looks good! Abit on the pricey side, but i think it suits bb very well..i like those cushioned (properly) type, and can use till toddler age as well. Heh.

Lolarose & Foliage,
kao_welcome.gif
!!! Hehe...

Foliage: I'll be delivering my bb in early Aug 08 at Eastshore. Heh..

This thread is seriously moving very fast! LOL
rofl.gif

re: taka sale friday
I wana go. But now must depends on the gynae can change my glucose test to thurs or not. If not than I can only go there after that. Which I think should be 11+.

snow74,
really dono wat to buy lei. hahaha. I thinking maybe the baby fair will be more worth it. I also have taka vouchers. So dono can use or not. Oh I don't mind get the petite bateau IF they are on sale :p I love their clothes.

see you tomo hi-tea !!! I PM you my contact number too
happy.gif

Celynlee,
You want the classic winnie the pooh bumper rite ? I saw at mothercare. They sell it seperately from the sheets.

twin, i was considering that $1000 bed also but decided against it in the end. bedding is one issue. i also think the kid might be sick of the bed even before it finishes its life span :p it's still cheaper to get cot that can covert to junior bed, then buy another nice bed for him when he's sick of the current one. with that amt spent, i can buy 3 beds liao, haha. and with a normal cot, i also got more choice with bedding, coz' i was eyeing the aussino bedding set for a long while...

Re: Dorothy Perkins @ Parkway
I just bought a pair of maternity jeans from Dorothy Perkins @ Parkway. Original price $76. Sale price + additional 10% UOB card disc $35.10. Not bad hor :p They have quite a few tops on sale too but nothing much on the maternity. TopShop also on sale.

Joanne,
I did notice my boobs sagged abit and it become slightly smaller. But with no regret at all. It's worth to breastfeed the baby long no matter what.
Now pregnant again, boobs become big and firm again lol... somehow feel better looking at it. Lol~ And also for me my boobs sag i think is mainly because i overworked my boobs!? I expressed the milk after every latch-on then continue to use hand to manually expressed the milk and make sure i empty the duct till no sinle drop so as to prevent blocked duct and increase milk supply, maybe due to the pull and squeeze when I hand expressing.

serriz, will update you if i got mine for my girl.

Huichin,
U mean BB avenue ah? Yah I was there on Sunday afternoon! at abt 3pm+
European brand rite? I keep jio-jio my HB to get Quinny (since we oredie bot maxi cosi carrier) but he says 3 wheels not stable and v bulky/heavy..he seems to like combi more leh..he says v light and practical..anyway, i dun haf to worry abt it now..cos will oni be getting it when bb is a few mths old..
happy.gif

Little Twin Stars: I oso kena stretch marks liao...sob
kao_cry.gif

Just before i got them recently (like a mth ago), same like u, i was just applying the Mothercare stretchmarks cream like only 4x per wk. Too lazy. Now i apply like once in the day + once at nite before i sleep(after shower)! THen i got the Palmers cream (recently got TVC)from a colleague cos she din use it much and i've started to use it now. Hopefully it helps! Sighs..

Gollie my head abit giddy now...forgot to take my iron pills again..haiz..
going for my check-up later...*jitters*

u gals enjoy ur shopping & hi-tea tmr!

hi ladies,
wow the thread is moving v fast!

reirei,
do take care and get more rest. Take lots of vitamin C, eg redoxon. I had flu for 2 weeks.
You said you got the car seat at 40% discount. Any idea how long the discount promo will be?

Looks like many mummies will be going for Taka sale. Happy shopping! Too bad I cannot go.

valnsw,
my gynae asked me not to take more than half or one tablet of the redoxon, if i remember correctly is become of the gassy.

annabel's mommy,
I took about 1 tablet max a day. And I just took on alternate or every few days.

By the way, did you mention about sending your gal to GUG at age 1 yr old? I was glancing through the threads and I thought some mummy mentioned about sending the child at 1 yr old.

re: marriot hi tea,
guess im too late to sign up for tomo hi tea now? my HB just told me he can fetch me to & from town tomo...

Valnsw,
Hee datz becos we r organising lotsa activities here..
happy.gif

i din ask them leh..i suppose whilst stock last bah since they said those are old stock they trying to clear. but BB Hypermart got other newer (more fanciful) colours going for 25% off..

Yah my girl is with GUG, started her with them when she is 16 months i think and followed them for 2 term only, just stopped cos find that their teaching flow is alway the same, but still not bad since my girl do pick up something from them. Now more into educate her at home instead. We are thinking of sending her to shichida method instead.

annabel's mommy,
oops, sorry I think it was M2B who said she sent her gal to GUG at 1 yr old.

M2B,
You mentioned you sent your daughter to GUG at 1 yr old. Was looking at the website, they have a programme for babies 0-18 mths? Was just wondering how much they can absorb at that age, plus the caregiver needs to accompany the child too.

ReiRei: i was at BB Hypermart - then BB Kingdom! I din know got BB Ave! Aiya...

But after that i went to check Mothercare's new branch at Harbourfront. Really quite big. But hor the Inglesina model that i wanted was cheaper leh! Duno y wor...

Eh..i think Inglesina is a european brand bah..not sure. Haha. ANyways think our hubbies are the same - my hubby oso had the same tot as urs on the Quinny (Zapp that is)! LOL.

Annabel's mommy,
so you found that GUG is not that effective as what you expected? I'm contemplating whether it is too early to send them for these "enrichment" programmes. I was thinking that perhaps 1.5 yrs old is a good time to start?

valnsw,

I read that since birth till i think 3 year old is the best time to simulate them. You will be surprise that they do absorb alot things the younger they are since they can still sit still to learn. My girl is the oldest in the class when we attend the 0 - 18 months class. she is the only one who cannot sit still to learn, keep running about. But still she do absorb something lah.

reirei,
I still have the stroller and car seat to settle. I was just thinking whether to buy the stroller after bb is about 3-4 months to let her test which model she likes.

Car seat, still looking around. Aiyo.. it's like endless searching
sad.gif

RE: birthing video
I found it kinda gross but I guess that kinda mentally prepares me for the process. I doubt my hubby will be of any help ah.. I don't think he can even remember the techniques. He damn funny, like last sat when I experienced some cramps and BH, he just said do the abdominal muscle breathing... without telling me "breathe in deep, and breathe out".

Annabel's mommy,
thanks for the input!
happy.gif
need to discuss and pyscho my hubby on this aspect. haha

I was more set on sending my child to Montessori school once hit the minimum entry age. Never thought about before 1.5 yrs old. Perhaps I should think about it and look around.

krex,
ya lor, now too late liao. no choice la

huichin,
sigh, i shouldn;t have been so lazy. let's cross our fingers and hope it stops here
happy.gif

dongle,
just come la. the more the merrier
happy.gif

huichin,reirei
my hubby likes the quinny too. but we already have a carseat that can use from newborn onwards. i saw this britax one at reat world. thot of getting it. looks gd too. now i we can;t decide on stroller. hubby likes the combi miracle turn too
i thot, forget it, get a capella. since baby won't use it till very long

Wah, so many posts in one afternoon... busy busy at work tat no time to log in .... meetings after meetings... ok enuf of complians...

ReiRei,
You r right, should get hubby to do it and its FREE but his skills make me wonder...

celynlee, Joanne, mulberry, M2B, valval,
Im worried abt the vadilation in the shop. Scared later breathe in too much of that air not very good. furthermore, MIL say cannot do foot reflex during preg and pedicure does inlcude some messgaing on the toes and feet so tot not tat good.

Re: Taka Vouchers
Its ok to use Taka Vouchers upon discounts. I used it the last time unless they change the rules. The vouchers act as cash not discount. Just use the vouchers to offset the bill after discount.

twin stars,
how does the sretch marks look like? is it reddish in color or just lines. I dunno if I kena those marks or not.

Re: Baby Kingdom & Hypermart
Sorry the thread really goes too fast. Are the above places havin sales already?

dongle,
i PM u my hp liao

cindy,
aiya, i buy my pigeon stuffs from taka liao
sad.gif
oh, the stretch marks are red little patches. they don;t really look like lines...more like branches
sad.gif
it's only when it settles in the future that it will turn to white n look like line.......sigh

Little Twin Stars: Yea let's work towards our stop-the-stretchy-marks goal k! At least it stops better than getting it worse rite! Haha..

Cindy: THe lines can vary one..some can be reddish in colour and some can be similar-looking to cellulite lines..(skin colour branches line out type). Those tt i have on my waistline (duno y) on my left are reddish while the few lines i have on my right side are colourless.

jo,
OMG, mine don;t look like that. mine is short branches like red marks for now
sad.gif
......aiyo, i better pray it stops here.

huichin,
we better apply at least 2 times a day

Jo: Haloos..OMG i'm now actually happy that mine is NOT as BAD & gross as those in the pic..haaha..just very very mild and light and short stretch marks...
kao_dizzy.gif
imagine so light i aredy heart pain...whatmore those in the pics! Goodness...

So Mummies...those who haven got any lines..shld start applying the miracle cream now! LOL

Little Twin Stars: Yea! Mine shld be very similar like yours..hahaa...we must be hardworking k! Are yours like along the waistline oso(across from left to right, passing thru the belly button)? I guess the marks got worse esp when these 2 weeks i feel my tummy super bloated..like wanna explode siah..cannot tahan. Sighs.

valnsw,
you can try to read up the Glenn Doman books. It talks quite abit about teaching the baby since birth and how the brains absorb much more when young. If you read chinese, the shichida books are also quite detailed, but in chinese
happy.gif
Actually I'm intending to start DD next time at 6 mths at either Shichida or igenius. Also even at 3 months you can already start using flash cards with baby
happy.gif
Sorry if i sound too kia su :p

re: prams
how come all your hubby likes the light ones like combi. My hubby dont like. He say some weight is good so it's more stable.

little twinstar,
I dono if I got stretch marks or not lei. After I switch to the Clarins Oil, got some small red dots. Now I panic .. will they become stretch marks ?? oh no ...

huichin,
mine is at lower abdominal. it started on the right. now the left also have. yeah, i also noticed the marks after i feel that my tummy is about to "burst" it feels super stretched so i checked n lo and behold the marks appear. perhaps that is the tell tale signs? very uncomfortable right? i also feel like i'm going to explode and wander how much more can my skin take it

catherine,
it shouldn't be dots. maybe u are just having some heat rash from the weather. don't worry, just apply lots of oil. but find which brand works for u .
u going high tea tom?

M2B (mavys_m2bagain)
I also do not do any 32-33 growth scan. My last detail scan is 20wks.

thks gals for the idea of enrichment school for our 18-24ths kids. Really need to find some activities for her to let her get use to school life and interact w other kids. so far she been to gym class and she is quite shy.

Think all of us in the 3rd trimester, anyone notice the tummy suddenly become very big.
Today is my 28week and I find it become so big overnight.

little twin stars,
Ya tomo going hi tea but cant stay till too late. Think need to be home by 4.30pm cos my mom say got some delivery. But if she can come back in time then it's ok.

Avocado,
I think I must go buy a measuring tape to measure from now on
happy.gif

jo: me also in my 27weeks now.. Is your bb moving alot? I find my bb dont move alot these days compared to usual days.. could it be i was not feeling well? But im not taking any flu medication.. cos its jus heaty weather..Its also making my hubby worried. Should i go see the gynae tmr???
sad.gif

little twin star: if can, i also will go n join u all for the hi-tea.. hee..c how first...

Back