(2008/08) Aug 2008

celyn and rata....
mid wk seldom too jam de bah.... -_-"

celyn
she is the one requested those programmes, i never force her leh... =P

yup yup, cos feedback from most ppl who went legoland is its very very hot cos most areas no shelter.

snow

i heard the no shelter , if rain, jialat, if hot, then BBQ!!

LOL!!!

I staying in aircon rm. LOL!!!

wonder when can I start to run ard again? LOL!!!!

morning mummies! =)

celyn
ai ya...let her be lor, but think she say say only....seperation anxiety or attention seeking?
well, later they grow older wun have such problem le. =P

sylvia
hows ur boy?
yup, most ppl came back told me main problem there is min shelter...so rain or too hot also difficult to enjoy.

ai yo, itchy leg liao is it? >D
wait till ur boy at least 4mths old bah, else anyhow run if immunity not ready not so gd ya?

morning mommies

sylvia & snow74,
yah yah. its very hot when you walk around. if you are taking the rides, its ok cos most rides are in shelter (for their age ones)

celyn
oh, ok...then no so bad lah.
my niece told me there are lotsa rides that might not be suitable for my gals lor, either have height limit or its scarry...hmm... =(
maybe next holiday can 1 time go to HK land and lego land....hee hee....

snow74,
those that i have stated are all suitable for my 2. maybe the bounce one will be scary for them cos its going up and drop down kind but for kids. other than that, if my 2 can make it, means yours can take the rides or play too. personally, i feel you need a day in lego land. half day is not enough unless you want to skip all rides or refuse to queue for rides.

Snow, I will skip if too hot or rain ... Buai Tahan! Lol

Ya... Grounded since mid nov wor... Bbm stuck at home & can't even go out .but I brought both to Amazonia today using voucher. Just short while so that nt exposure too much outside.

Boy talkative & playful nw!! Lol!!

morning mummies! =)

celyn
oic...maybe they more focus on things they wanna play, din really take too much note on play rides for little kids bah.

sylvia
now school holiday, very crowded everywhere so u better dun bring them out 1st.
lotsa kids kena this dunno what fever, so better be careful lor. =(
tahan abit more lah.....

Velum, snow,

Ya enduring!! Lol!!!
Chk for zoo annual so many time dunna to reply me. So mad! Ask can buy kid individual pass or nt... So diff meh! Lol

morning mummies. =)
school holiday finally over...hee hee... =P

sylvia
why buying kid individual pass? family pass cannot? -_-"

snow74,
she don't need family pass since her boy is free mah. i think individual pass is slightly cheaper.

previously, i also sign up for individual pass till company has it.

snow

family pass I bo hua coz 1 adult & 1 kid. hub no need coz he doesnt like to go, even if he goes, he can go in free.

So unless I just buy my own loh.......

think hv to call lor. so stupid customer service leh! LOL!!

v hot.............

Hi Mummies!

Sylvia,
I tot u this flower-legged gal must have brought your son all round Singapore liao.

Rata,
Your CC really packed with enrichment classes wor. How much is her CC fees and the enrichment classes? My colleague was telling me that there's a CC in Sengkang tat has a all in package but fees are abt $900+ before subsidy. I tot there's reasonable coz anvelle's $880 before subsidy.

Snow,
I also stuck with a lazy gal now. She used to like to practise and do assessments. Now, a big couch potato. No TV on also sit there nua. Haiz..

Nana, he's a newborn wor ... Hw to run ard?
Main thing is zzzz & bm.

But I did go few places with hub nt alone.

Plus hub pour cold water that I can't travel on bus with a kid, a bb, a pram & bags....
Will show him that I can esp in a few mths' time , easy to move ard.

Btw

Fisher price warehouse sales start today til 7 apr. time I think 10-7pm.

Who is gng?? Can tompang? I wanna buy geotrax series toys!!!

sylvia,
i thought 2nd child, will be more relaxed. yu ze's time, hubby refuse to bring him out. yu xi's time, can go out and anywhere liao. newborn or not, no longer matter that much after 1 month old. :p

Celyn,

More relax loh. Bbm out was 3-4 mth , didi already went a few outings like bbm went jbcg last sat, ytd we went sea aquarium then sch hol went Amazonia . The wedding tea ceremony I brought both as I din hv full mth as CNY.

But most of time at home for him to zzzzz

sylvia,
actually, i think you should be able to make it as long as bbm walks and didi in stroller loh. you are a power mommy.

morning mommies

rata,
this morning, i saw yu ze's bill for enrichment class. 190 for art and 210 for speech & drama for a term.

celyn, a term is 10 weeks? If so abt the same as Jac. Jac one is per mth. Her art is $60, speech n drama is $55, abacus $50, topnote $70

rata,
not sure if a term is 10 weeks or 11 weeks, didn't check so detailed. just signed up and pay only so as to save the trouble to go outside.

morning mommies

yu ze having fever out of a sudden with no other signs. doc say just monitor cos he is actually perfectly fine.

morning mummies,

posted something here just now but not sure if it went through. anw wanted to know if any of your kids are eating very slow these days. like always daydreaming and taking more than 1 hr to finish meal.

morning mommies

krex78,
i won't allow them to eat so long. after about 30 mins, i will set time for them to finish. if not, then just go to bed immediately regardless of what time it is.

celyn,

i don't have a problem doing that if it's lunch or dinner (provided my ILs are not in the pic). but for breakfast, i prefer him to finish coz' it's the only time he drinks milk. else not much calcium for the rest of the day.

krex78,
i see. i don't have problem with milk cos every morning, he will sure wants a bottle of milk and before bedtime too. sometimes will skip milk in the morning on weekends but definitely need his milk in the night. its a 'drug' to them, can't do without it.

my father in law knows that he is not suppose to interfere when i discipline the kids. so far, so good.

celyn,

gd that yu ze likes milk lor. mine doesn't like and he's not keen on cheese also. yogurt sometimes only. weekends he's much better with milk coz he wakes up late and is generally in a good mood. i hope he won't become calcium deficient at the rate he's consuming dairy pdts!

krex78,
there is actually liquid calcium. maybe you can check with pd if you are concern. yu xi was born with low calcium and was given this liquid calcium to bring it up for the 1st 1-2 weeks of life. stop giving when its up to normal level and now we never go back and check too and i assume things are fine since she is growing well.

celyn,

how did doc diagnose her with low calcium? my PD is the relaxed kind...when i tell her my kids don't drink much milk, she will just ask me to try giving them more milk or diary pdts. to her, as long as they're growing well, doesn't matter if they have less calcium or sleep than what is recommended. i tend to boost their calcium intake with non-dairy pdts now, like greens and sardines.

morning mommies

krex78,
i don't know how but she was checked when she was borned and we were given that since day 1.

actually, if they are eating well and growing, why worry? does he like fresh milk, chocolate milk or strawberry milk? yu ze drink fm in the morning, fresh milk/chocolate milk/strawberry milk for bedtime. he also drink milk at any time of the day. we buy about 4 litres of milk every week.

celyn,

he's not very keen on milk generally and i try not to give flavoured milk these days coz' he's been eating a lot of sweet stuff at my IL's place. the boy now has a decay in his upper tooth and i dunno if he needs to do filling the next time he goes to the dentist. so sad. not even 5 and already got tooth decay!

i'm toying with the idea of giving him fresh fruit juice instead of milk. maybe find a fruit or two that has more calcium than others?

krex78,
actually fruit juice also has high sugar content which is not very ideal too. comparing flavoured milk and fruit juice, i think flavoured milk is a better option since what you want is calcium.

Krex, u need to practice good brushing skill for him. I personally feel no matter how much sweet stuff u eat if u brush well no issue de. My dentist told me at this age they still cant brush well so best to brush for them at night b4 they sleep. morning n noon Jac brush on her own

celyn,

pure fruit juice is natural sugar...also will cause decay?

rata,

i'm trying to get J to at least rinse his mouth during the day at my IL's place but till now, no luck. my ILs can't control him at all, so essentially, they happily feed him sweets and chocs and he doesn't brush his teeth until at night when he's home with us. i've gotta admit it's very diff to brush his teeth. he generally dislikes it when we push the toothbrush inside to brush his back teeth, and somehow i find the oral B kids toothbrush is a bit soft and hard to brush properly. shld i try the children's electric toothbrushes?

Back