(2008/07) July 2008

Dec's having the fever, hubby's in ICT
sad.gif
plus I don't feel too good too. Headache and stomach's queasy.

pb,
second sy's recommendation. He's patient, and we never feel like he's rushing us. Slow to medicate - he prescribed us antibiotics but told us to observe 24h to see if we really needed to give it to dec. He said he suspected that we would need the antibiotics but it's always better to have the body fight it off on its own if it can. Plus I can walk to his clinic. Haha. I think that's the best factor for me.
Downside- not sure how he is on BF cos he was not dec's infant PD. He also does not do hospital visits so if need be, he will get a colleague to take over that portion.

Cellow
I love u la.
I don't have the time to run per to pick it up from her
Will have to wait until tml.

Good one. Will definitely use this trick.

Peppermint
I think he will be turn off by the qty required.
He must have not Consider the qty lol
Now looking for ppl to share

Oh pd
We tried going to dr ngiam from ICAC at gleneagles
Freaking expensive and he always give nebu as solution which we are not keen to always rely on that everytime babie have a cough.

PB
As long as the poop (when it appears) is not hard and pebble/rock-like, it is fine.

Paed: you want to go to Mt A? Ours are at Kinderclinic there. Not hasty on antibiotics, don't mind that immunisations are delayed (L's still not complete), and bfg-friendly. The clinic is very busy and a madhouse all the time though.

Peppermint
Aiyoooo poor baby! Your three are still very young so it's hard 'cos they all want mummy's undivided attention. Possible for you to get family help as well? Slinging is a good idea too.

Qing
Peppermint's idea of vouchers is a good one 'cos they can buy the brand they want, and if other people give them diapers as well, they can use the vouchers to get other baby things.

Hi peppermint! Wow you lucky mummy of 3! I echo everyone's sentiment about slinging too, and did that when g was newborn til he was almost 3!

Wah so many of you go to PD's at mount e.. Are there many there? May have to look for one around Thomson area soon. Any good ones to recommend there Bishan-ers? SBCC at AMK?

So how was the sling collection Qing? Agree that newborn parents may wanna pick their own brand of diapers too so best to get vouchers instead

Gotto get around to organizing swim classes soon. How many of u r keen? And any good instructors to recommend? I have a friend recommendation but not sure if schedules or details will fit..

Going for zoo school excursion tomorrow! :D

PB,
I still can't get past the fact that Calla doesn't poop. I'm like thinking, babies who digest the BM fully are worth their weight in gold! Declan was like pooping at every feed - literally BM in, BM out.

dd,
How long's the excursion? Dec's having one in May, 8.30am-4pm! And having KFC lunch to boot! o.o

bbp
oh no!! hope dec get better soon and u feel better to!

DD
when are u moving? hee housewarming!!!

cellow
u r really funny!!!

mummies
anyone keen to join us at happy willow this fri from 1-4pm?
happy.gif
kids no sch so dun waste the time....go to a new playground!! it's at fusionopolis.

Bbp
Haha I heard about the zoo+kfc excursion. My friend's jaw dropped when she told me about the kfc lunch haha

She's pooped like less than 10 times since getting home. In hospital, cleared all her meconium (spelling?). Apparently (thanks to cellow's pd's nurses) breastfed babies can go up to FOURTEEN days without pooping without parents wringing their wrists

Thanks girls for all your PD recommendations! I just might go with cellow's suggestions cos of distance.

DD
G allowed you to sling him till almost 3? Wow!!! I see the instruction video like can sling this way and that way. I only know one way.

With poppy, she and I hated the sling. Now with calla, she and I love it! Thanks again, Jo, for the loan!

Peppermint
Did u also come to my house when the 11 babies took photo on my couch? That was your #1 right? Wow now 3 liao! Gongxi gongxi!!

Yikes it sounds like a very tough situation for you. Hope all gets better soon!! Jiayou

Qing
Haha I think your friend thinks babies use one pack a month is it? Like sanitary pad ah? 6 months can REALLY burn a big hole in pocket! NTUC vouchers are the best la. Then parents can decide what brand they want

Speaking of which
If anyone wants to give us anything (thick skin alert!), please don't! If you really want to (double thick skin alert!!), we would really appreciate NTUC vouchers :D

Calling those with flexi lunch timing: if you want to visit, maybe can arrange for a weekday during lunch time, then you girls can eat at TB market/plaza after?

This just in! Latest update!
Houston, we have poop!

My bb carrier collection didn't went they boz I didn't go collect from her ofc which is very near my ofc
So collecting tml

SY
U have PM
And it's school holiday this fri?
Didn't know
What occasion is it?

Dd
U sling g until 3? U steady la. I could hardly sling Barbie after one yr as her legs gets longer its just not easy to hide her inside the sling.

Pd
Ya maybe he Thot pad lol...
Anyway true enough the parents refused the diaper gifts
I'm going to suggest voucher but will it all depends on what he wants to give la.

Let's organise a gate crash the bunnies house.
Anyway interested?

And peppermint
U are productive and u fulfil my dream of getting three by now
But My lottery luck has been really poor for the past years.

Oh
I finally tried the clear blue tester that help u determine ur LH surge. Then hopefully increase the chance of conceive.
But today no luck. It's a blank face when I was expecting a smiley face on that lil screen. Trying again tml.

Guess I'm back into the super kiasu everything must try mode to get a baby out of this factory. Suspended too long rusty Liao? I hope and pray not...
Wish me luck ladies

I wonder how many test do I have to purchase before I hit the jackpot?
Anyway is it more difficult to get pregnant again after mc?
Haiz.
Well it seem to be like that in my case

Don't worry qing. Maybe really too stressed then fActory cannot function? For me, (TMI alert) both kids were conceived when we kinda "gave up"( after months of proactive trying) and "just did it" while on holiday.

Pack your bags and get out of stressful SG!

Cellow also has a Tcm contact. Wsas gonna go to them then the stick showed two lines
happy.gif

Eh can organise a visit toward month end but cannot just tada surprise visit hor. We're indecently dressed at most times! Snd I'm sure you'd prefer to talk to me while I'm smelling nice
happy.gif

Qing,
ya you're still very young. Spring chicken compared to us. Try not to stress about it ok? Anyway you know when we are at the fertile period, the vaginal discharge gets sticky and also gets more. I also watch out for that period cos I need to avoid it!

Pb,
aiya, the way you said it, I though calla hasn't pooped since she left the hospital! Ok good to know that alls well at the pooping end. *grin*
yeah, For pd, the nearer the better. I'm just extremely lucky that there's a nice pd nearby.
Zoo+kfc - oh well, give and take la. I'm already impressed that the kids will be with them from 8.30-4. So 1 meal of kfc - I just close 1 eye la. Only worried that he won't eat cos he's not a fan of large chunks of protein and mash. Guess I'll just have to tuck some peanut butter sandwiches into his bag then.

Pb: yy yip at icac- gleneagles. He is very nice and pro-bf. He spends quite a long time with patients and will address all your questions. Assuring too.

Qing: huggies and drypers have small cutting so can skip s and nb size, or buy minimum of the 2 sizes. Goon has a big cutting so nb and s can last up to 6 months if Bb is not big size. Pampers is longer so size s and m. The pampers nb can literally last till 5 kg only as stated on the packaging.
I would think more 2 months of nb, 3 months s and 1 month m. No point stocking too much m and can't wear them now.

Qing: don't be stress. It's not difficult to get pregnant again after miscarriage just have to be careful. I went through 2 miscarriages also. Was told that after each miscarriage, we have to treat it like you have given birth and go through the confinement. For me, I only bu for 2 weeks plus, then back to normal diet. I think If you are for tcm, it's good to go see and nourish your body a bit.

BBP: hope you and Dec are well now. Take care

Thanks gals for your suggestions! I will sling her, hope it works for her
happy.gif

SY
My no 1 is also a July 08 baby. I always tell him he is my good helper. At times he will jagar no 2, he will try to carry no 2 if he is standing in front of the TV etc or tell me if no 2 is not behaving. Maybe their age gap is close and both are boys and no 2 is still a toddler so at times you will see fights. As in snatching or not sharing. True! Can't expect much from helper. Yes, she will watch and play with them. But when there's "fight" or no 2 throw tantrum, she can't manage it. It's frustrating if i am taking care of the baby. I juz have to intervene and discipline the boys. The boys and helper go to mil's place on weekdays and back in the evening. So i try not to disturb mil during weekends and weekdays nites so she has good rest. Hb did suggest to leave no 2 with mil when he works on weekends. I still thinking abt it. I feel bad as spending less time with him. But if he is at home i also have little with him if no 3 not sleeping well... This weekends hb is working! Need to organise the time. Like you said, i juz have to hang in there! And Be strong and keep my cool!

Qing
Don't give up! Try TCM, and you will have yours very soon! I have a fren tried many years, finally she conceived the 1st. 2 yrs later she conceived another. The age gap for my kids is abt 2 yrs and is very trying! I don't plan to have no 3. If really want to, prob another 3-4 yrs which i find is more manageable. But it is really destinated that i have no 3, conceived though i used protection! and a bonus that she is a girl
happy.gif
I don't think it is difficult to conceive after MC. Heard of pple getting preg again shortly after. Like what pb said, stress does affect you.

PB
yup! I went to your place during one of the gatherings but i don't recall taking photos. Prob i was late or have left. Lol on the indecently dressed and smell! Same here when i had visitors during my confinement! Instead of bathing so many times a day (which you might not have the time and pls try not to during this 1st mth), why not juz change your top when it is sweaty. My CL told me so and really, i feel better and dun smell tat bad. Not enough tops, grab your hb's!

BBP
TAke care!

Maybe we are not loving enough to strike the lottery.

And no stress at all le. I have long gone pass the shit the reds in my panties phase. Really taking it easy but maybe too easy. Boz now my hubby and I are studying and there isn’t much time left to make one anyway. But you know you still want to have one somehow. As if it would be the case as barbie. but that arent happening.

Anyway I have also stop the pill that you are suppose to take on day 2 to day 6. (don rem whats it call) boz I have ran out of it and I haven’t visit my gynae for a long time. Thinking no point going to him and let him stress me out. Everytime we go he will ask try so long still don’t have ah. (actually we aren’t really trying very hard, boz sometime I still miss taking the pill and have sex at the specific day and such) and we didn’t really tell him that and he got worried and start asking Wanna try don’t know what surgery to sort of clear the passage? And he mentioned that I was not ovulating when I should be. And all these got me so freak out that I start thinking am I still able to do again. So I stop going for regular 3-6 months checks.

Jo
Thanks for your very detailed sizing info. My friend is not getting diapers anymore.

And I didn’t go thru the proper confinement, maybe for a few days only lehz. U don’t scare me lehz.

Pb
Don’t worry we will plan accordingly to your schedule.

Peppermint
It has been 2yrs sine that incident.

KFC lunch it was! Popcorn chicken, mash potato that most kids seemed to not like and apple juice

Hot hot day too and I bet all of G's classmates are snoozing soundly now too

The school decided to close up til 30 April as a precautionary measure which I thought was quite drastic over just 2 cases?

Thanks everyone for the get-well-wishes. I'm downing Vit C, elderberry, & Luo Han Guo water now. No more headache, appetite's better but some weirdy throat is happening.

Qing,
Wah, how can you declare no stress at all. It's not just stress about making babies, it's also work stress and now you're studying too. Sure got stress! But yes, seems like a good idea to stop seeing your gynae if he's the one giving you stress.

PB,
Haven't you learnt that there's no such thing as TMI on this forum? Hahahahahaha.

dd,
Ah, popcorn chicken does sound more logical. I was imaging little kiddos eating chicken drumsticks leh. Haha. Maybe they should just change mash to fries. There are still fries in KFC right?
Is G's school rather enclosed? Cos I find stuff spreads faster when it's in an enclosed area. So better to be safe than to be sorry. Well, at least it takes the decision out of your hands or else you would be wondering if you should continue sending G to school or keep him at home.

bbp,
hope you and Dec are feeling better today compared to last night.
HAHAHAHAHA on no such thing as TMI in this forum!

sy,
ha! i m just full on in get-my-way mode at work. just translated a little bit of that to help w qing's situation.
learning from my boss how to be charming and firm at the same time :p

qing,
i love you too la. awww group hug!!!
eventually you will get your baby. wat PB says to get out of the country for a holiday is true. (TMI alert #2) we were just fooling around - twice! - and out popped 2 boys.

peppermint,
ha! protection also tio. eh... i better get Mr C to wear many condoms if he wants to come near me :p

dor,
ya but work should not be JUST abt $$$ yes.... so when the boys grow up, i gotta tell them work is a form of my unique contribution to the world too.

What's tmi???

I had G's mash potato and went to buy him cheesy fries instead.

Didn't know BBP n dec were sick.. Go get a bottle of Pi pa Kao too!

youpi
i've seen the radiohead performance! heart youtube. on a side note, previous attempts at playing radiohead at home results in a 'mama i don't like this noisy music' response -_- she has more of her papa's classical genes than mine.

pb
congrats on calla! btw, when mel was a wee thing (pre-solids) she poo-ed once every five days. still liquid poo. it's a bf thing.

qing
hi-five sister. since my mc nothing has happened on the conceiving front either. think the factory is still a wee bit emotionally traumatised. wah, studying and working and motherhood is really a lot of juggle! hang in there!

cellow
eh you can say that work is your contribution to the world, what can dor and i say since we don't have jobs beyond the household? :p

DD
Did bbG have fun at the zoo?

Dustee
Hey stranger! Welcome back. Thanks for the reassurance re pooing
happy.gif
lol re pomfret's response to your taste in music!

Cellow
I can imagine the scene: mr cellow comes home fr work. He's standing at doorway taking his shoes off and yells "hi! I'm home!" And cellow from wherever she is, screams, "put on a condom before you get within a 5metre radius of my womb!"

Whoa I had my first taste of being "alone" with 2 kids at witching hour (to me, that's like 7plus-8plus, when it's bedtime routine time). I was standing and BFing calla with one hand, drying poppy's hair with the other, then had to strain my brain to think of a goodnight story while shoving my boob into a baby's mouth, then balance milk cup, hairdryer in hand while saying "goodnight I love you, see you tomorrow, sweet dreams" in the most non frazzled voice I can manage....

I emerged victorious and thinking "man, I ROCK!! (And boy do I need a shower)" haha

PB,

YES you ROCK!! Doing confinement yourself and taking care of 2 little ones.. *clap clap* I would have been sooooo frustrated. Eat well during this confinement, and build back health. I never really believed in the no-shower thing as well. We need to remain sane during this trying period and definitely have to remain CLEAN!!!

Next Friday is my turn for excursion! We going to bake cookies at the SOEZ place at GWC! I have always found it fun! hehehe.. so will be an excursion for ME and my boy... *wink*

KFC,

My son loves KFC -- drumstick and mashed potato. He eats the drumstick like a babarian... Mummy here also loves KFC. I know it is not healthy but once a while ba.. oops...
happy.gif

Qing,

You are still very young. I gave birth at age 32. Maybe you can rest TTC for a while. Finish your studies first. tackle one stress at a time.
happy.gif

Renos -- driving me nuts especially it is such a major work. Doesn't help that I am a control freak and detailed person. I can get very anal on certain placements of stuff. hiaz...pray it completes in 3 weeks time. cannot take it liao...haha

Hello mummies,
long time no post cos i also down with flu..
in fact wholee family down with flu...

PB
sounds like you are coping well..
just rest more..
you only have this month for confinement...

Qing
studyin is very stressed..
don stress, don take the pill..

KFC
erm, i think kayden not ate at KFC before...

downing pi pa gao and ling yang (w winter melon this time)

pb,
LOL! both at your I rock! and the description of Mr C and I. hmm. maybe i WILL shock him one day by yelling that when he enters the house.
*grin*

dustee,
yes and once after a 7 day no-poo period, i rem pomfret giving you a BIG BIG mess... wall, leg, whereever... to clean up. classic la.
the most messy C1 ever did wrt poo is poo onto my bedsheet twice in one day. ah... those baby days... i sure m glad they are over.

peppermint,
wah good leh, 2 boys then a girl! like hannahi.
to those who say have another one la, maybe tis a girl.... mostly during CNY... i turn on 100%-sarcastic-sweet-smile-mode, what if it is a boy, can you imagine 3 little boys running circles around Mr C and I, would you like to help babysit.
they usually shut up after that. bth.

Qing,
onz! let's go visit the bunnies!!

i m not too flexi though. got to be back by 1.30 or 1.45 latest

i m cool to do that in may though. cos april no car as parents coming back....

dun be too stressed out. my sis had mc last year and after that she was really stressed out. she saw TCM faithfully and i told her to go back to gynae as well. She's seeing Dr Han now. he gave her the ovulation medicine which helped and now she's expecting already. but going to tcm really takes a lot of time and effort. so don't give up!!!

batgirl
i also love KFC ....my comfort food!

reno can be tough. my turn in may!!!

when u planning to move in?

peppermint
hang in there! no matter how tough, it can only get better. that's how i always comfort myself haha...

men and women
so i was sick last week, tons of work this week. the boys are coming back this weekend. the house is super messy..... bedsheets need changing, floor is yikes sticky untilllll.
i whatsapp Mr C to whine, and he said.... close the door if you cannot stand it... just clean the spaces you use! men! classic solution.

Cellow
What's your helper doing? Shouldn't she be cleaning the house?

Bbp
Wow that's a long excursion!

Qing
Yes, agree with the rest that you have youth and a young body, young eggs, young womb etc on your side
happy.gif
I did TCM after my mc too and believe it helped, so that's one to try. Studying and working is tough! Jia you, and don't be too tough on yourself, k?

PB
Keep rockin'! We're all cheering for you
happy.gif

Batgirl
I love the zinger! And we eat junk/fast food like three times a week ;|

Smiggle
Take care!

Eyecare recommendations
Thank you! The Camden one is probably beyond my budget but will try one of the others, thank you!
happy.gif

youpi,
the help is w the boys and Mr C in MY.
me = ah soh now.
to use PB's words, I ROCK!!! work project + clean house while fending off the lingering flu.
- collapse in tired heap -

all this talk of KFC is making me think abt food
stress ah.
eat lor.
= ballooning cellow

G's school has voluntarily closed for a week.. Anyone had plans with kiddos next tues? Thinking of taking a day off to brin him out
happy.gif
what can we do?

dd,
If Dec has recovered by then, we could arrange a playdate. But I think he will still be coughing by then, cos the poor boy is currently coughing his lungs out, which means we will miss 3 days of school this week.

By the way, if anybody is thinking of going Singkids and is not a member, please look for me. I have 4 slots left to clear by 3 May.

dustee,
Yeah, add me to the list of not having jobs beyond the household.

PB,
Haha, yes you do rock indeed. And one more reason why God gave me a son with little hair... no need hairdryer!

batgirl,
Renos drive me crazy too. The sound that is. I dread the day our next door neighbour starts theirs. And it's gonna be major cos the house changed owners
sad.gif

KFC:
Used to be my fav, but after I discovered Popeyes and Texas Chicken, I no longer visit KFC. Am still on the hunt for the perfect fried chicken wings (the non-battered kind).

Cellow,
I know this is going to sound strange considering you have a helper, but you can consider just a one-time part-time cleaner thingy to get the house cleaned?

youpi,
Yes I know! It's super long right? When I first read the notice, I kept going over the timing just to make sure I didn't read it wrongly!

Think it includes travelling time?

Texas chicken a bit on the saltish side? Haven't tried popeye's yet though

N did u find out what Lin yang is? Antelope's antlers shaved into strips, smells like burnt rubber when you boil it! Places like ztp add honey to make it more palatable.. Brings fever down quickly!

How does that singkid pass work? Can use at all branches? Need to present card? Maybe I'll buy one pass off you if I can't find any program for next tues
happy.gif

dd,
Even with travelling time, it's still very long! How long was your excursion?
Haha, maybe that's why I like Texas - cos I'm a savoury kind of person.
Woo... Lin Yang brings down fevers quickly? Ok, will keep that in mind the next time I come across a medical hall. Keep some at home for emergency use.
Singkids pass - umm, it's a stamp-based card where everytime you visit once, they/you sign on it. Good thing is, it's transferrable so you can organise a playdate and use it for a few kids at one time. Yup, need to present card.

Bbp
Check- I have added texas and popeyes chicken to my "eat after confinement" list

Oh can I buy a singkids slot off you? BB can bring poppy one day. Am sure she would super love

I. Am. Exhausted. My boobs are working overtime

All these talks about KFC! Yummm. Oh and my favorite egg tart is also from KFC. Dunno why but theirs are nice!
Ah yes Popeye fried chicken is also nice. I love that it's crispy. Hmmm fried chicken - suddenly I am craving for Kko Kko Nara!!

Batgirl
I know how you feel. I'm also a perfectionist. Really couldn't stand it if the painter paint without using masking tape! What I dun like is also the dust after renovation. It stays for more than a month!

PB
I salute you for having confinement by yourself, with 2 kids some more!
When I was on confinement I also showered and washed hair. I remembered right after giving birth I was sweaty all the time. How not to clean yourself right?

Singkids newly open in united square.. Anyone keen to check it out on tues? BBP.. Where n when can we meet to collect pass from you and pay u for it?

PB, dd,
Sure, just let me know when you want. Only lunchtime is difficult for me cos I have to pick Dec from school.

PB,
When do you plan for Bluebunny to take Poppy to Singkids? Before or after Tue?

DD
The kids go to the Pd located near the central. Its opposite the old NTUC(not in J8). Have been going to this PD since D was a baby. Usually very crowded waiting time also quite long. Can make appt but very little slots taken up very fast kind.
Let me know if u want the address K then i'll find it for u.

Smiggle
Have not been, only ran past. Looks interesting and a friend said her son had a great time. So am thinking of checking it out. You keen?

mummies... would you know of any place I can sell my old electronic gadgets to? like cameras/ipods/portable dvd player/laptops?

DD
ozone looks fun! i had a course around there and wished i was little again
happy.gif

port of lost wonder
it was on my to-do list the weekend i delivered hehe. cos that week, poppy and i were having a pirate themed week!

bbp
bluebunny will bring poppy after tues

Back