(2008/07) July 2008

Re kiddos sleeping
Hmmmm boys more whiny huh is it? Cos D is the whiny 1 at home. I dun pretend to sleep cos I will endup tired n dunno if I should get up or jus sleep after they sleep. Haha
I watch my shows n ask D to keep quiet cos he's supposed to sleep. For D once he keeps quiet he will just fall asleep. Haha

BG
Really looking forward to Sun and meeting all of you! Apologise first if I dun get your names right ya. Just to confirm, we r meeting at that huge space in front of the stage that looks like a shell and there's water surrounding it rite?

Kids sleeping
Somehow Sebi has a different pattern when we're back in Spore. Cos we all squeeze in 1 bedroom, hubby on floor, me on my old bed and Sebi in his toddler bed, he must have someone in the room with him until he dozes off. In Germany, he has his own room and we usually just put him to bed and he would sleep. But .. that came with a price.. lots of persistence from us and a little hard-heartedness too
sad.gif
We tried letting him cry for 5 min and then go in to tell him that it's bedtime and we leave the room again. It worked after a week or so. That was before we took out the side rails. Now he can climb over the rails and step on a chair to get out so we have to keep bringing him back to his room and tell him seriously that it's time to sleep.

SD
Pat pat on your bad Wednesday. Maybe get a nice drink *one of those GongCha, Koi tea ?* to treat yourself? Hope these type of days dun happen anytime soon.

smiggleprincess
When are you due?

Happy Yuan Xiao Jie everyone!

SD
when you moved A out to her own toddler bed, was there any resistence on her part? even though she was 4 by then?

dor
haha on you sleeping on D's bed! i actually end up curled into pomfret's baby cot (i did the same thing you suggested last time, i took out one side and put it against our bed) coz the main bed has no space for me. but i think if i put my full weight on it, it would surely collapse.

friday swim party
can someone kindly pm me the address plssssss. eh, are we mummies/daddies swimming along with the kiddos or we're just gonna let them splash around along the edges? a bit clueless about this, usually it's mr dustee who does any pool thing with pomfret.

Sparrows
Thanks dear! Awww KOI tea..I want but the queue is just too long.

Dustee
I made it look like a princess bed. She liked it but was not able to sleep on it. So we let her sleep on our bed and then moved her there. I found that sometimes babies/kids suddenly wakes up when moved to the bed - that's because the bed is cold. so I asked my hb to warm it by lying on it and then move the kid.

I am due to buy Emma her bed. nowadays she likes to sleep on the mattress on the floor. But guess what.. my hb still wants to sleep with her on the floor so I got to sleep on the bed hehe.. joined by Ashley. hmm I need to get ashley to sleep on her own bed.

Emma made her first chocolate chip cookie yesterday at school. She said she wants to do it again so I told myself I should make a cookie baking session with my kids (long overdue). Was browsing for recipes and found some very very cute cookie website. Looks like it's not difficult, so we're going to try this weekend. For those who are interested:
http://www.universityofcookie.com/
http://sweetsugarbelle.blogspot.com/
http://sweetopia.net/

The decorating part seems so fun and the cookies look so pretty!

Sigh, I need to wake up earlier.

smiggle,
Tell your hubby to let Kayden sleep by himself la. So many of us want our kids to sleep by themselves. Your hubby total opposite leh.

sparrows,
Yes, that's exactly the place. Do you have anyone's phone number? Cos it MAY get crowded if there's an event or something. The last time we met there, there was some performance going on and there are loads of people there!

dustee,
Sms Cindy for the address la. Eh, usually hubby's there for the swimming. So I stay nice and dry
happy.gif
Whether you want to swim or not, it's entirely up to you.

sd,
I've done cookies with dec before, but he only gets to pour the chocolate chips into the dough, and to cut the cookies with the cookie cutter. He pretty much loses interest after that. Anyway, there's nothing else to do cos everything's by mixer or my hand.

Side question: Can they do anything else or am I being to controlling?

BBP
hehe I haven't done it with Emma yet, but I've done some steam cupcakes (Indon style) with Ashley. This time I'm planning to let her cut the cookie with the cookie cutter and well for the decorating part we'll do it another day. Hmm for decorating I'll just let her put sprinkles on the icing (If the Icing is successfully made haha)

hey girls
i need your opinion

my maid's ex employer had withheld $500 from her, presumbly for her airfare lest she did not finish the 2 year contract. maid now wants to recover the $500 back fm the ex employer J. called J on 11 Feb. J asked for my address and said she would mail the money to my maid. maid contacted her again this tue and said not received yet. J said mailed already... ended off w telling my maid 'enough of this nonsense, i do not have time to entertain u'.

maid told me ystday morning and asked if there ws any mail for her.

maid contacted J again last evening. J told her sent $350 in cash (who sends cash thro normal mail? liar liar pants on fire). The postman must have taken it *blink*.

i trust my maid. she has been honest and competent in her work. just a little bit blur blur.

question
shd i intervene by calling J and threatening to take the case to MOM?

i believe there is a special type of hellfire for pple who bully those who are in a less powerful position.
$500 is one and a half months' work for the maid. i would like to know how J reacts if HER employer owes her 1.5 months' salary.

about baking with kids: i THINK at this age they don't really understand the concept of baking or cooking. so when i invite poppy to "bake" with me, i let her pour flour and water into another mixing bowl by herself and she's happy just mixing with that and getting her hands dirty while i do the "real" stuff.

same with cooking. i ask her to "help" me cut the veggies (carrot skins and veg leaves) with her own plastic knife

so far so good!

cellow
how terrible! yeah enough with this nonsense, J!

Cellow
I don't think J intend to pay at all. When she was employed by J did she go through agency and whether the agency knows about this. Does she have that in writing?

I would probably ask MOM first about what to do in this situation and what is the procedure if I want to take the case to MOM.

cellow
yeah not sure what to do about this, but if there's an agent involved, best to ask the agent first. indeed, who sends cash via post. tsk.

contiki
yest, went to travel agent to buy universal studio tickets for some visiting indonesian relatives. then the travel agent gave me a pamplet for contiki tours! woo hoo! which means she thinks i'm below 35!!! (though, i am really just 25. i've been 25 for a looooong time. it is a good age to stay at :p)

for the longest time, i used to toy with the idea of doing a contiki tour when i get sick of backpacking alone. suddenly, i realize i don't have many more years to contemplate that anymore! (in case you don't know, contiki tours are only for 18-35)

DD
that's a very dangerous quickie post. coz i immed went to ON and saw lots of nice things i would like to order to. -_- dor, are you reading this? *prod*

Bubble Tea
so much craving for it!!
haven drank one in almost 6 mths!!!

sparrow
im due end apr.. will miss seein u and sebbie at BG
sad.gif

bbp
weird rite.. even though my hubby gets kick in sleep, he still insist on sleepin with kayden..
best part is kayden don like sleepin with him! haha!

dustee
hahaha I haven looked but can order since ordering DS. Very cheap huh??
Saw Gap email 25% but think ended.

Baking with kids
I only let them do the mixing(not from ground zero) only when I am satisfied the mixing will not spill kind then I let them take turns or they jus help me scoope flour into the mixture when I mix. Or cut butter...hehe
Normally butter have not soften enough they already had enough helping. LOL
No matter what do with kids will need to cleanup lor. Jus a matter of how much you are willing to clean.....hehe

re ON
i just went ON website and picked out some items to ask my colleague to buy if she happens to go to the store. my kids have way too many clothes that they dun want to wear but i still can't resist....

re baking
hmmm i shd try it with my kids one day. been very lazy...

if i have time, maybe i shall do my banana cake for sun. but no promises.....

dustee,
my maid's prev agency has closed down. so it is up to ah niang here to right this wrong

re baking
i havent baked anything since sec sch home econs day. :p let alone do anything w C1

ON...
tempted tempted... who started this anyway!!

Btw E has been wearing boys undies from gap lol.
She is jus too small for all the girl undies sold outside n the gap girls ones like dun have elastic at all n keep dropping off her. So tadah I let her wear the undies D out grew n bought the boys undies for her to wear haha

Dear mummies, sorry for interrupting.

I have a new Burberry dress for sale. Pls click link to view the pics. Got from those online seller in Facebook. Size is too small for my girl.

If you are keen and sincere in buying, pls PM me. Thank you.

Koi bubble tea..what's special? Tried once..taste normal?

Dor..looks like u MUST order ON for us Liao or we will all bang table hahaha just kidding! But how? Can?

How was swim date? Fun fun fun?

Contiki tours are only for 18-35?? Never knew..why??

Can can jus send it over email or PM also can haha.

I jus realized got additional 20% huh. Mai tu liao.
I will order 1 batch for every US$220.

gasp i wanted to get an early night's sleep tonight! but i had to come into the forum and see dor saying yes to ON!!!!

my bank account is not safe.

Wah I love those flutter sleeve tops leh. Soooo pretty but I'm actually not supposed to buy any more clothes for E cos she already has too many!!! Haha

You know, I was wondering why batgirl was ordering stuff from ON when she has Wuffy. It wasn't until her second post that I remembered she has a girl now!

See la, now I also go look at ON liao.

kolo mee eaters at BG later
can i request to pls bring your own bowl and fork? really tasting portions only. and Mr C agreed only to do san mee style, not the normal dry noodle style

Dor
I also PMed you
happy.gif
only one item. I Pat myself on my disciplined back
happy.gif

Sorry no PB's PB cookies today. Here's why:

PB: where are the cookies?
BB: *burp* what cookies?
PB: the big batch I made to bring to BG
BB: *wipe mouth* (small voice). Oh.
PB: you ate them ALL?
BB: (even smaller voice) not all. got 2 left what...

:S

Old Navy
Orders placed yesterday night. The rest will order tonite.
Send me before 11pm can liao.

GAP think no additional disc jus the discounted price as is. But gap so pretty huh. Hehe

Since we r on the topic, will order diapers.com too. But end of next week then will order so got time to bio if keen.
End of siaing Haha

Back