(2008/07) July 2008

Batgirl
I only know the first line of Singapore pledge in mandarin... Does that baby's father work in the army or what?

Oh but I can say "be careful!" in tamil, can can? Lol. My HUSBAND taught me that! Double lol!

dd,
Dec used to roll all over me just before sleeptime. Yup, he sleeps on our bed. Unlike your good boy, my naughty boy would scream in the middle of the night if he found himself in the cot when he woke. So we kinda gave up. So anyway, back to the topic, he used to roll all over me before sleeping. I felt so abused. So now he falls asleep on his own, but not before he tries his luck at getting out of sleep (cue 100 and 1 excuses).

Mich,
Good luck! Oh. Too late for you to read.

*Still sticking head in sand*

Interview went well... so now the waiting game starts....

Thanks for all the luck!!!
happy.gif

PB,

the boy's father is not in army. apparently he learnt it in school.
happy.gif
and he can build lego already. arrange 1- 10 properly, and arranges all his alphabets correctly. And now he is reading his own story books. not parents read, he read. but i think this boy is a genius la. child prodigy. i guess i just have to "see open". My wuffy will get there...someday.... somehow.......
happy.gif

Michelle,

great that it went well!!
happy.gif

michelle
great to hear that it went well! hope that u get good news soon

batgirl
okie will bring your stuff along.
happy.gif

re pledge in chinese
actually the sch will teach them when national day is coming...jh used to recite it at 2+ also...haha but i think now he forgot liao.

got something to share:
i know of someone who has a boy about one month younger than our july kiddos. he has mild case of autism but through specially catered classes, can spell and say "t-r-e-e, tree" and "b-a-b-y, baby" when shown pictures. which is very amazing. but when he sees real trees and real babies, he can't make the connection
sad.gif

bbp,

Yup, he recognises the words. but i guess (and I hope) he is the exception rather than the norm. Else I got to worry a lot a lot.

wuffy still can't recognise the alphabets or numbers. Lego to him is something he can throw, not build.
happy.gif

SY,

I see you on Sunday!

BG on Sunday,

Where are we meeting? Is it the big open field where the stage is?

Hi straw, PM recieved and I replied! see email.

SY, sms you eboy's speech therapist le....

BG on sunday, who is bringing what? I'm bringing cherry tomatoes and cheese cubes!

oh talking about Lego, eboy has advanced from snatching toys from his friends, to throwing lego at their faces in school! when i picked him today, his classmates pushed him down so she can get to the mini-compo faster than him.... oh no oh no oh no....

michelle,

guess school turns our little angel boys to tiny devils.

wuffy learnt to scratch, bite and whine to get what he wants. bad habits!!! grrrrr...

BG on Sunday...

Eh... I bring drinks? last time i prepared them, still with me...:p

so sad i missed the lunch..
i was at home lor, and didnt get to see the posting...

oh dear..
i cant join u mummies for BG this sunday...
someone coming my place for dinner....

Michelle
Kayden has been the opposite, angel in school and monster at home..
Kayden was just bullied by his classmate.. unfortunately he is the smallest size in his class.. He refused to share a toy and got scratch on his face.. his teacher said its s light scratch, i said its deep one.. its been over the weekend and still visible.. My vainpot boy looks into the mirror often and ask 'bleeding'?

Pool date
cin bunny, i wanna go but gotta work
sad.gif

my two wheels
the problem is, i don't cycle very well to begin with! i see a tree, i'll cycle into the tree. i see a trashcan, there goes the bicycle too. so the silly man bought the bicycle, and i spent sunday evening trying to cycle around the estate (by myself). i mounted the curb a few times, crashed into a parked car (thankfully the car wasn't scratched!), narrowly missed a few trashcans.

s i g h.

i guess i'm gonna have to practise more, esp with a sack of rice in the child seat behind first, before i have any grain of confidence to have pomfret at the back.

this is proving to be a very long february indeed.

Mich glad the interview went well.. I must make sure I don't eat any halved cherry tomatoes this time round! Dunno what to bring.. So who's going?

BG on sun
-mich
-SY
-batgirl
-bbg
-pb
-cellow
-Jacelyn
-BBP?

Can't recall who else

Dustee u funny fella..wanna tumpang Youpi and get another bike helmet or not?
happy.gif
practice makes perfect..soon u will bs doing bmx stunts

Somoene's started crying again when he approaches school sigh

BBP..so generous of u to share the bed with dec.. I cant.. Unless I wanna be the lizard clinging onto the bedskirts that nite..

But how does he roll over u? On toP of u?

Thanks mummies for the well-wishes... I just passed my 1st trimester.

DD
going to meet Dr. R tomorrow. I like her but the waiting time is soo loong.
Sebi also goes 'mummy mummy x10000' too. He's been doing it since we got here and because we're staying with my parents, Sebi, Hubs and I are all in the same room. So anytime he's up in the middle of the night or in the morning, he'll stand next to me and go 'mummy...' till I'm up. I'm ok with it becos sometime ago, his way of waking me up was to yank my eyelids open. He also does his broken record mummy routine when I am speaking to someone and he wants to talk to me at the same time.

Youpi
saltish milk? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard!

Michelle
All the best on your job offers.

Dustee
Me, me! Getting panicky just trying to get a place for Sebi this July. I used to think that we still had time to decide where to settle when Sebi starts school but looking at the standards for P1 here, looks like we must decide alot sooner. I grew up in a family that never spoke mandarin and I had the exact thoughts that we most prob have to continue to work really hard to make sure we have enough funds for all the extra help we would need for the kids' education. So no, you're not alone in your thoughts. And no, Sebi doesn't know ANY chinese words let alone recognise them. And no, I don't know what is San Zi Jing (how come u all know!), I just googled and I'm quite sure I've never seen it!

Cellow
wah, it means our 'rage' will be worse when our kids turn to teens? *shudder*

Chinese
My family and I feel like we're really being tested on our Chinese these days. There are so many mainland Chinese in the service industry today that I can't seem to ask or order non-standard stuff. Was at Giant today and wanted to ask if they had a helmet for Sebi, lady couldn't understand 'helmet' and I was like 'ta4 jiao3 che1 fang4 zai4 tou2 shang4 de4'. Their S size was too big, will need to look for a smaller one.

PB
LOL on your Tamil! Jeez, I don't even know the Chinese pledge at all. Are you on TV? When? Where? Can catch online?

Botanical Gardens
me! me! Have all of you planned what to bring?

Bg gathering, errm wat to bring huh?? Any ideas?? Wat time as well? Oh realize that I nv see sparrows before! First time meeting this sun!!

Dustee congrats on e new wheels!! Jia you on the training!

Re p1 sigh u cannot imagine how many factors I need to consider now because we are thinking of moving . The top criteria is school. I didn't know I will have to face this so fast lo. But it's the reality. The best is if we dun need to move now la. But it's really tiring for hub having to travel to n fro macpherson. It's jus the 2 nd week n we feel like it's 2 months le!

uh, BG gathering. do we meet at the same place as last time? what;s that place called?

oh dun forget, bring your own mat!

it'll be my first time meeting sebi and sparrow too!!!!!!

re BG
what shd i bring? i prob will find some small easy snacks for the kids to eat. can i bring cereal like cornflakes etc??
happy.gif

sparrows
congrats!

i can understand how u feel. i m also in one room with kids and hub and at night when they wake up it's always mummy mummy and both will just plonk themselves on my bed beside me and squeeze all with me. best part? they make space for each other!

Jace
u travel to macpherson cos your mum stays there or cos your hb works there? the traffic there is terrible too!

michelle
got your sms. thanks!!

Sy
Haha the kids jus love sleeping on the parents bed right.
D will come over to our bed to sleep like 4-7am when he wakes. N he will ask me to carry E away if there is not enough space for him n he dun wanna squash E.
But I dun have ta worry bout E being squashed cos she makes it known very loudly. Haha

snubbed
feel suddenly inspired to bring pomfret to royce this afternoon. all changed and ready to go. "pomfret, wanna get changed to go to the playgym?"
pomfret : "no! i wanna play with rus!" (that's my mil's helper)

so now i'm like those chauffeurs waiting by the car (the stroller, in this case) for the boss to finish his engagements.

kiddos in bed
well i'm quite tired of sharing the bed with pomfret and mr dustee. both of them take up so much space, some nights i actually wake up coz i've been kicked out. i'm gonna buy a new single mattress when i move, and i'm gonna sleep on it by myself in my own room! the other two can enjoy their together time.

mr dustee :"so-and-so says we should encourage pomfret to sleep in her own room"
me : "i am ready. are you ready?"
mr dustee : "what's on tv today?"

nuff said.

Dustee
U know when I get fed up of getting squeezed I will go up n sleep in D's single bed. E comes with me lah cos the dad will not hear her when she wakes.
Or best, when the hubby encourage D to sleep in our bed, he gets to sleep on the playmat in our room. :p

My little girl turned to a monster this morning. First she refused to wake up. Then she was in a very bad mood that she refused to eat or drink anything and refused to wear anything. We waited 45 minutes for her to stop crying and to wear her clothes. when we are in the car she was cheery and I told her that she shouldn't have thrown a tantrum like that. she understood and just kept quiet. However, she refused to eat in school cuz it's chicken and rice and she only gets to each lunch by 12.30 pm. feels like tearing my hair up. When I reached the office, it's the boss turn to throw tantrum. HMMMPPPHHH

Dustee
I'm also sick of sleeping with my kids. Not that I don't love them, it's just that I couldn't get proper sleep. Ashley slept with us for about 4 years. YES 4!!!! before I bought her a toddler bed. now that she has her own, it's emma's turn. Mr SD keep changing the topic of conversation whenever I brought up a discussion about buying a new bed for Emma. I'm going to force him to buy one by the end of the month. if not I'll just buy one myself when he's on business trip.

sayang sayang SD. what a day for you! i keep my bunny ears crossed for you that the rest of the day goes smoothly. so was emma naked the whole time? haha. so funny!

hmm. we first kicked poppy out of our bed, then our room..... but now either one of us big fellas lies with her till she falls asleep then sneak out like thieves in the night.

mummies who have successfully asked their kids to 'move out', share please!

Dustee,
there's no other room so what I've done for quite some time now is sleep on the floor (with mattress la). There's just no way to fit 3 of us on the queen bed, considering sir dec's penchant for sleeping perpendicular to us!

re sleeping on bed
there were times i will go sleep on their beds too! but jx knows when i leave her side so hard for me to do that.

but it's really qutie irritating cos all will squash with me. then 3 of us squeeze on one side and hb take the other half. so shiok right.

SD
both my kids have their own beds and we also have one more spare mattress but no one wants to sleep there! even when i lie with them on their beds, jh will still rather go to my bed to sleep.

how how?

i can understand how u feel. if jx wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, morning will be a nightmare. i cannot even leave her for one second or she will start her crying like the tap.....

Cin_bunny
I forgot that hb is on leave this Fri. We'll bring him along, okay?

Dustee
They say that you have to be consistent in bringing the child back to his/her own bed. Not that I have any experience lah.

Bbg sleePs in his own cot, right beside our bed BUT I have to be right beside him sleeping (pretending to).. Tried surfing the net a few times n he says: mummy u cannot do work (associated that to working on bb), u must look at me (!!!) and of course we have the ' mummy! Mummy! Wat (are you) doing?' x 1,000

But our kiddos r just plain cute la..love them to bits n r suckers who fall for their every whim! (me at least)

DD
ha my kids got used to me surfing on my iphone and playing games after a while. they take so long to fall asleep that i have to keep myself occupied right. hee sometimes i will even watch tv while they try to fall asleep. then i will tell them to turn away from the tv.

Doggiebb
jx will sleep on my bed without fail every night. jh does it occasionally. last night i woke up to find him on my bed. half suspect he sleep walk to my bed cos he had no recollection. we shifted him back to his bed. then in the middle of the night he woke again and came over but i told him to go back to his bed. so he was proud of himself this morning tat he din sleep on my bed.

but the one i need to kick out is jx.......

haha..
talkin abt sleepin on beds..
i think kaydne is the only one with attitude and prefer to sleep alone.. but in the same room la..

anyway, i already find my king size bed not enuff.. is there a bigger bed after king??

dd,
I can't stand pretending to sleep. It gets me super frustrated cos I'm thinking of half a million things I can do in the meantime!
But isn't the "Look at me!" so adorable? "Mama, look at me!"

smiggle,
You're so small and Kayden's not sleeping with you. How can a King not be big enough?? Too many pillows isit?

bbp
hmm, i got a big hubby..
and he likes to carry kayden up into bed when he sleepin...

anyone sellin their steriliser pls pm me k..
im slowly startin to prepare.. haven got much time left...

PB
if i can have plans it will be go home to sleep.....
happy.gif

smiggle
i can understand. me and hb so skinny but i also find a king size bed not enough!

Back