(2008/07) July 2008

hiya mummies... big plans for the weekend?

cellow: how come u r back in office so soon... has it been 4 months already?

think I spoilt bbG by allowing him to doze off on our bed too, and it's now a daily ritual!

and yes.. when they CAN talk.. they will even argue and negotiate with you like: mummy.. I wanna drink water FIRST! maybe later I drink milk milk.. sigh.. so maybe baby talk is better...

LOL to squinty eye PB.. so is that why u r tempted with lasik? how did the consultation go? my specs will always be right at my pillow.. first thing that goes on the minute i'm awake... and hey.. bbG also is a control freak like poppy: must supervise the milk making by sitting on the countertop..make sure momma doesn't lace his milk or con him by putting in extra scoops i think..

SD: wah emma can play with chopsticks for 1 hour? bbG would be bored in 5 mins.. he feeds us.. gives his sesame st characters milk (bowling pin as milk bottle haha).. goes to market to buy fruits for us... he can really role play very well haha..when he sings.. he asks for us to clap hands at the end if we don't too.. funny kiddo!

PB: still feeling awkward with poppy? actually i dun quite think of wat to do wiv bbG at times..anything goes.. just hanging out with him makes me feel good enough..so dun feel like you gotto always do 'something' wiv her lor...

forbidden food..sigh..wah doggiebb & mich u still cook porridge and bring it out for the boys?? wow! but you are right about the msg.. it's like 'cancer' for the brains.. 'eats' up the brains and a big no-no i read when going through those articles and posts about autism and all that stuff too... so i try not to give outside soup (take the noodles and meat and vege only) and when i tell hb outside porridge is not good bb food.. he thinks i'm biased.. grr but i'm also a culprit to rinsing outside food in hot water or my cup of plain water if need be haha.. sinful fries get squeezed and blotted dry with the serviette before it reaches bbG's mouth..

did i tell u that bbG doesn't quite like ice cream and chocolate too? his bday cake was a choc one.. and he said no cake.. he only wanted the berries on top haha hope it stays that way for some time..

kow tow to wuffy eating chilli crab and curry chicken!

where's qing mei and her prawn cracker barbie?

cellow: about the MSG thingy.. go google n see.. or google dr mercola.. can't recall if it was his article i read..

mich: steam egg wiv milk...

learning the alphabets: one thing i dun like about letterland is that they use lower case alphabets... confusing i find.. starting him on tracing dotted ABC's too.. but on those cheapo $1 books so far.. he likes to doodle and then tells me look.. a balloon! a house... a dog... but they are all squigly lines which I have to say: WOW SO NICE! to hahaha..

maybe poppy can join the cirque du soleil one day!

gordon builds houses on our bed using pillows.. goes for free falls (and smashing into our cheekbones and nose bridges along the way) or gives us karate kicks in the stomach! it's amazing I don't look like some abuse victim!

okie dokz.. time to carry the totally asleep baby back to his own bed now..

oh did i mention... he has his fair share of waking up in the mid of nite.. and screaming for his sleeping bag to be taken off.. then i gotto wait til he is in deep sleep again before putting it on again grr!

our little terrors!! so adorably cute and yet giving us all the panda eyes! and they do similar stuffs some way or other huh...

youngest july baby: who is it liao ah?? Liam or Cedric right? are they all officially two liao?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our babies again!

have a good weekend everyone!

hi mummies
i've forgotten if i've asked this before. any baking enthusiasts know where to buy numbered cookie cutters? i.e. instead of star/gingerbreadman/heart shaped, they are shaped in numbers?

and where to buy cute plates for kids huh? not the usual cartoon character kind. we've got meals of 'i don't want to eat anything!' sometimes. thought variety of plates might help.

super lol on bbG's 'maybe i will drink milk later'!!! DD is in trouble! keke. yes yes! when they can negotiate, jialat! poppy will say "NO THIS!" if we put on a tv prog she doesn't want. and if we are too slow to respond, we hear "NO THIS NO THIS NO THIS NO THIS" until the situation is rectified. i really think our kids are jokers la sometimes. of course i mean it in a good way :p

bbG is so funny la with his role playing. poppy also loves feeding me 'soup' with her fingers. still can say 'too hot?' then blow haha. maybe bbG and poppy can entertain each other for an afternoon 'tea party' while mummies crash on sofa

you're right. don't always feel like have to 'do something'. but this youpi la, set benchmark so high. keke.

bbp, yes, mummies sure do deserve creativity awards! i was luring poppy into shower this evening by saying 'let's hop like bunnies into the shower!' and then i quickly said to bluebunny 'you should give me a creativity award'. he blur. hahahahha

we are going to buy official YOG t-shirt for poppy! hope they have sizes that small. it just hit me. it's the OLYMPICS!!!! and it's HERE! that's big!
happy.gif
there are some free events if anyone is keen. can check on the YOG website. and even if must pay, i think tickets don't go for more than $30.

also, this is the last weekend of the ikea sale, i think. so we are going to buy the oven set :D i have been eyeing it for very long liao

ok finally, i am so terribly sorry to ask again but can lovely dordor and gorgeous mummy bbp please post steamed egg/chawanmushi recipe again pretty please with fluttering eyelashes???

PB: sorry.. can't help with the cooking questions.. I have no fancy chawanmushi recipe and mine is bumpy for sure (not smooth like dor's I bet) but bbG takes it all in, which is good enough for me haha.. one egg + 2 scoops of FM + a dash of dashi (jap sauce that's used for chawanmushi?) i throw in mix vege sometimes.. mushrooms.. anything that i want him to eat hahaha

cookie cutter: did you try phoon huat? hmm daiso (trying my luck on this one)? 199 shop (is there any left??)

anyone going for the standchart run with the kiddos in dec? we got tix for ourselves...:D

durian season is back! just had some sinfully bitter ones haha!

decided to take a chill pill about the bottle weaning.. means i gotto go and get more new bottles though.. my pit bull has chewed his old teats to shreds!

Pit bull! Lol

Yeah prob try phoon huat. Tks. Daiso is quite ex (haha). $1 each. $10 for 10 cookie cutters like quite ex. But I'm a cheapo la hehe. I think 1.99 shop closed shop long ago! Before daiso came along

Hey any babes here not a fan of loti?

PB,
Eh, you don't want my chawanmushi recipe la. It's not even chawanmushi some people tell me. It's just regular steamed egg. Mine's:
1 egg beaten real hard :p
Mix in 2 Chinese soup spoon of water (got to arga based on size of egg)
Steam with lowest fire.
Serve.

I guess by loti you mean bread. Umm, yes, when we were in USA, Declan went on a bread strike. When we came back, he happily went back to his i-love-bread routine. Anything just to make his mummy's life difficult I suspect.

batgirl,
I feel even more guilty la. I'm a SAHM and I don't really do worksheets with him. Only when I need to cook or occupy him, then I give him a worksheet to colour.

PB
jx is not a fan of bread. She only likes the chocolate bread from 4 leaves. other than that she dun really take bread.

i forgot to reply u. the amt is 68.73 my acct is pOSB Sav 004-41148-0.

michelle
jx also reject milk other than breastmilk! haa think it's cos she only likes to latch. for a while, she was ok with chocolate UHT packet milk. but after a week, she stopped drinking that. so now i let her bring milo to sch. does Eboy take yogurt? at least that has calcium. and cheese. jx loves cheese.

btw i forgot to let u know. your fish oil is 27.63. let me know after u transfer so i can check.

mummies
jx is sick again! now she has cold and cough. dunno is it cos she dun wan to go school so her body has been reacting to it. but she's funny. when we reach sch, she will cry but still reach out for teacher to carry her. now she refuse her uniform, refuse to get into car, and will cry when we drive up the slope to sch!! she's very drama. when i go pick her, she will cry once she sees me. even her principal commented on how drama she behaves....

any lunches coming up?
happy.gif

hi SY, ok will transfer it over tonight or tomorrow. thanks.

Cin, can SMS your account number too? keep forgetting to pay you for the Gap loots...

Hey DoubleDee! BabyG? Eh, you changed your ID?? Summer here has either been too hot, over 32C or too cold, below 20C. Sebi has been attending kindergarten daily since Jan. Half days except for Thurs and Fri, until 4.30pm. I think it's done him good cos he understands quite abit of German and he enjoys it too.

Hi Youpi! Thanks for the offer
happy.gif
My parents are here now *whew* and they've brought quite a stash.

Hi Cellow! There's a C2! Congrats... hope you posted some pics on FB
happy.gif

Hi Cin_bunny! How're u doing! Moving back during winter was pretty stressful and we got sick quite often when Sebi started kindy too, but very slowly we found a comfy routine. Now that my parents are here, can relieve my maidly and motherly duties abit .. hee :D

Hi SDchick, r ur sis&bro near Munich? Would be nice to meet some fellow Sporeans.

Any idea where I can trade in mattress? My king size mattress from Simmons, got only last yr, but way too soft for us, think it's keeping us from sleeping soundly. But paid a bomb for it. What's the best way to trade or sell?

happi bdae to all the babies...

Mich
u got the tickets?? bought the dvd and got scolded by hubby..
but kayden saw elmo once and said 'elmo'...
i need an incentive to make him speak la...

bbp
worksheets??
kayden is not even tat advanced.. he only like t take my coins and put into his piggy bank.. im so runnin out of coins.

cellow
how was ur work at first day??miss the Cs terribly??

Lunch next week
im on for lunch!...
who else??

Mich..which day n timing r u going for? OCBC platinum got 20% off leh..we r watching the sat 3pm one..didn't realize fri's a holiday!

Holiday? When! Hehe. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is enjoying the cool cool weather this morning!

So who is going to invite me for ngor hiang party?
happy.gif

What a cool weather to sleep in!!! And my nose is a little runny so should I go to work? Should I??

This wk lunch? Anyone?

Weekend was fun. Eboy went for tennis, swim, jog by the beach, dim sum at vivo, and opened the drum set and made a hell lot of noise!!!!

I am soooooo tired....

morning!

at work already.

sparrows! yes there is a C2... but he is so much less photographed than his kor kor. most prob no pix on fb yet... :p :p :p

morning mummies... am officially back to work today... supposed to be last fri but Ernest cc was closed so gotta take leave as MIL cannot handle 2 kids lor...

cellow
how's work so far?? me gonna go pump in 10mins time lor... feeling abit full liao... hopefully ss will not drop coz woke up super early today...

where is everybody on a monday morning.....

wow, i still remember how tough it is to pump at work, and lug all the things to and fro, jia milk all pumping mummies!!!!

yes mich
when we meet (or when i m sian of work and able to rant for a while), i shall share her recent patterns.

bestest of all is telling me on one hand that she luuuuurves my children and does EVERYthing for them, and on the other hand, also telling me that american families give their maids public holidays and sundays off. can faint rite. always compare to those who are better off than her.... what abt comparing to her life b4 she came to singapore?

no need to give chance. buying a plane tix to send her back. during the discussion, she even asked me for permission to take ytd morning off so that she can go to another agency to be interviewed by another employer.

wth

i keep calm. i told her tt if she wants to cont to work for us, then there are certain conditions to be met, and i havent decided ALL the conditions yet.

*pat pat* cellow

filipinas are typically smarter and so they demand more. its a tradeoff lah. but yes, no need give chance liao.

this week lunch? Which day? it was so hard to get out of bed to go to work today!

I finally renewed my helper's passport, now just submitted maid insurance renewal, and then need to apply work permit.. all these before 10 Aug!!!

ya! so tough to wake this morning! the traffic jam was so bad, i spent some time at eboy's playclub before finally reluctantly joined in the jam.. chey!

wanted to sign up for teh stand chart run, then realise the early bird over liao (chey, thought i was super early liao).. MR Mich say, har? pay $20 when we could have paid $10? no lah, we go ECP to run instead and make a medal, cheaper leh! cheeeyyyyy!!!

cellow
gd to hear tt... great teammates u got there... me kinda lost on 1st day of work... coz boss passed away while i was on ML n haven met the acting one yet... so its lobo for the time being... will jia you... u jia you too!!!

my MIL confirmed coming on 4 Aug.
this maid can write off, sayonara from 4 aug onwards already *cellow dances w joy*

yes pb, off to agency later. i interviewed one last sat liao. i have decided to employ her. if new one chu pattern while mil is here, no problem, just change another one.

weekend was a quiet one.
C1's actual bday dinner was spent w a couple of my v close frens (including C1's godpa). Altog 6 pple to blow candles w him only. Small n cosy gathering.

jsp,
jiayou. can lobo, then lobo lor
happy.gif
hehe

Lol on smiggle's "I like fresh maid" comment. Sounds like an evil villian twirling thin moustache saying "I like them fresh. Muahahaha"

Wish I could join for lunch but got event coming up so up to my eyeballs in work
sad.gif
unless anyone wants to come nearer to my office?
happy.gif

hi mummies.. mondays are always a nightmare.. causing me permanent monday headaches lately! and guess what i'm doing up... waiting for a call with US time zone! faint!

hi sparrow! bbG says guten tag to sebi! good to hear u have settled down n have back up for the month hehe..

PB: you make the ngor hiang.. i host the party? hehehe

welcome back to the rat race, JSP & cellow... ease into it slowly and pump as you go! :D

maid matters.. sigh.. i also have.. how do you girls have the energy and spirits to change change change and hope a better one comes along? for me, it's this one or none liao.. sigh...dun even wanna think of another that could be better?

but cellow.. so u made it clear to your helper that you are sending her back soon? aren't you worried about her doing something nasty or stealing or scheming? didn't realise she's filipino

congrats to mich extending her good helper's time here..

sigh but the thought of having to do housework and everything all by ourselves again.. plus i'm so NOT keen to send my precious bbG to a childcare centre.. sigh..

stand chart run: for the fun of it, the charity and the atmosphere mah.. you and your hubby can easily afford 100x of the $20 lah.. come lah! more fun! :D they will have their own little tee and a goodie bag too!

this week lunch: dunno how busy I will be yet.. so can't commit.. but things seem crazy currently at work arrgh!

on a lighter note.. something to share with you all:

1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.
He acquired his size from too much pi.

2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out
to be an optical Aleutian.

3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.

4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated in an algebra class because it
was a weapon of math disruption.

5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in
his work.

6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum
Blownapart.

9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are
looking into it.

12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to
the other, 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'

14. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

15. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'

16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When
his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'

17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

18. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium
at large.

19. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned
veteran.

20. A backward poet writes inverse.

21. In democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your
count that votes.

22. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.

23. Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

mummies
i got a car!!! hee, actually my parents bought it for me to ferry the kids. so i kinda of benefit. it's really cos of them that they bought it. i always joke with them that if i m the one who needs a car, they won't bother to buy one and they agree! got a second hand one cos now it's sooo ex.

re lunch
is it wed, thur or fri? if it's thur i can make it. let me know.
happy.gif

cellow
great that u finally changing your maid! frankly speaking u r very kind to tahan her for soooo long. and she still want to give u attitude...really ungrateful.

JSP, cellow
hope all your first day of work went well. at least not too busy yet.

DD
u started looking for school?

the jokes are funny!

dd,
she doesnt know yet. we will do the ship-her-out-in-one-day thing. back to agency or back to hometown Mr C and I havent decided.
guess all depends on how drama she is that day. if she quietly leaves after we tell her, then we can still consider letting her transfer... bcz after all, she is not so bad... tis just that i belonged to the human rights camp so din discipline immediately for her attitude.
if she makes a scene, then we will buy plane tix for that day or the next day and ask agent to cancel work permit and ship her out immediately.

5 Aug is D-Day!

6 Aug my "fresh" maid comes. bwahahaha a la PB's evil villian twirling thin moustache

sy,
wow, new old car! hehe. anything for the grandchildren eh.
i received an education today at the maid agency. went to a new one... systems employment at pek chuan bldg. one man show run by a lao jiao fellow. he listened to our rant abt curr maid, then advised us to wait till the actual day to decide what to do, depending on her bhvr.

SY,
Yah, anything for their grandchildren. Same here. When I didn't have my iPhone yet, I was just commenting that I was still thinking about getting one and the only reason I would get one is that it would help me entertain Dec. Then some time later, my FIL actually said he would sponsor my phone! So of cos I happily accept la
happy.gif

Haha, come to think of it, if I had a driving license, maybe they would sponsor me a car too. Hiak hiak. *Cue evil laughter*

Lunch lunch, just announce and jio me! I haven't met up with you girls for the longest time!

Hmmm. I wonder if I wonder out loud enough, my thoughts would be able to travel to the other side of the world and nudge my MIL... Nah. Oh well
happy.gif
she sends poppy lots of clothes so I'm happy
happy.gif

Congrats SY! Sorry I keep forgetting to tsf money to you :S

Hmmm. I wonder if I wonder out loud enough, my thoughts would be able to travel to the other side of the world and nudge my MIL... Nah. Oh well
happy.gif
she sends poppy lots of clothes so I'm happy
happy.gif

Congrats SY on your car! Thought you already had one though?

Sorry I keep forgetting to tsf money to you :S

PB
Emma is not a fan of bread. In fact, cakes, sweets and all those sweet stuff kids like. She hated them. She only wants salty stuff.

Sparrows
My bro is in Berlin while my sis stays in Leonberg.

Cellow
Wah your helper is amazing! So upfront kekeke. Better let her go then giving you unnecessary stress. Last time I sacked my helper, I canceled the work permit and bought plane ticket the day before. The next day I sent her for packing an hour before going to the airport. But then my helper kinda knew that things didn't work out, but she didn't anticipate that it's going to be that day. Our work contract stated that she had to forgo 2 months of salary for the cost of making her passports and also plane ticket, insurance etc, but I gave it to her anyway, so she's quite happy with that and didn't make a fuss. I felt really bad letting her go but then we really couldn't stand her behavior any longer.

DD
Thanks for the jokes kekeke.

SY
So sweet of your parents to buy a car for you.

LOL on PB's wish and Cellow pushing it halfway across the globe!! Actually hor, poppy's other grannies are nearer in the east! push that way more realistic?? hee hee...

lunch this week
thurs got lunch meeting. wed should be ok with me.

sending lots of good luck to cellow and her new maid!!!!

I want to join the "PB make ngor hiang, DD host" party! when? :p

Sigh what to do when kid dun wanna drink milk at all? I never tot i will have this problem because xun gal loves her milk. But these few days, she will see the milk and shake her head. Dun even want to try. She will just say, wo bu yao (= I dont want in chinese) but cakes, biscuits, porridge she still take.

Is there any reason for this?
So now she will just skip her morning and night milk feeds and just go to sleep like that!

Back