(2008/07) July 2008

PB,
Great to hear that happy PB is back.
Just vent out here if need be.
We have so many pairs of listening ears.
happy.gif

Cellow,
Wow, normally people's labour cramps are like menses cramp. Yours is kicking!
Anyway, it's a myth that labours normally start with waterbag bursting. I read somewhere that it's actually less than 10%.
I can't remember anything much on labour also. Then again, there's nothing much to remember except cramping and breathing.

Rena!
Quick post, i wanna see.. heehee..

PB,
when im sad or unhappy, i just shop..
its a very good therapy and damage to financial health..
i bet i can spend millions in minutes if im really unhappy.

*gasp*
why the sudden hair colour change, esquare?
tok the kaypohs for you!

smiggle,
i worry for your wallet if you are ever really really sad. pls dun step into any branded bags or jewellery shop!
C was one week early. his edd was 31 jul, so that would make him born the same day as Bosco.
you are rite! few bbs seem to be born on their exact edd.

holly,
happy.gif
another v wise statement. "husbands - if they weren't good enuff, i dun think anyone of us will have got married and have kids and chatting right now together"

Alamak, Cellow
u like know where i go shoppin sia..
I was actually worried that Kayden will be late cos he might be a big baby like his dad and refuse to come out..

15 mins to off work!

cellow,
haha.. i had the kena kick sensation! coz bosco was breech and his kick was fantastic. he kicked himself out to the world!

same day as bosco? ho ho.. u got it wrong got it wrong.. bosco's EDD was 5th Sep. Ealiest was 31st Aug. =P

exact edd
talking abt which. got a lil joke to share. my sil was preggy back den n bb's edd was 15th apr. my bil is a regular, high rank officer summore. den on the 14th apr, my sil had a show and they admitted her into hospital at 8pm that night. my bil hold her tummy n told bb, "if u come out later den 15th apr, i will give u 7 days confiment." =P indeed, my lil nephew came out on his edd exactly.

smiggle,
kayden will refuse to go out? how i wish i am out. i wanna go take a look at ion. wanted to go ytd but so tired after gymboree and we tot we should go today when everyone is at work. but.... he no mood go out so i emo n throw bosco to him n i went to slp. =P

mummies,
any of you know the name of this/these book/s: it's a book/series of books of normal fairy tales but about strong female characters that do not depend on prince charmings to save them.

no i am not hoping poppy will grow up to lead the feminist movement.

cin: u r still working from home right? so shouldn't be too bad? can pause and stare at sophie's thighs to de-stress hee

didn't do anything special yesterday on bbG's actual birthday.. juz red eggs, dinner at home, and we got him his first set of wheels so he was driving around (not really.. we have to push him.. haha he still dunno how to use legs to move the car)

youpi: yeah! like-a-bike! where did you get it from? ooh those scandinavian toy cars on the site are oh so cute though!

Yummy flavoured cereal: oops.. I meant bottled food actually...heinz has some interesting flavours…organic spring lamb wiv baby vege, alphabet pasta, tomato & beef.. yumz!

air cond temp: 26 deg? we turn on to 24 leh.. coz 25 feels too warm! bb can sleep wiv socks.. or get sleeping bag (bbG has 2)

bbp: you get lots of heli's flying about your area too? We are near some camp airspace.. freaking heli's and planes fly til almost 10pm!!

how long does your bb take to finish a meal? I seriously should stop blending everything up huh.. now i blend all but fish and grains and carrots..

=> wah.. started writing this reply a day ago.. still to be continued..

Kidzloft…leave some toys behind for me to buy hor! Keke must absolutely get the musical set coz he LURVES music and so do I! we can jam together at home liao! Michelle, yup, planning to check out the baby gates too! So you went liao? How was the damage?

Wah michelle sia-ing jacelyn.. footed PJ’s.. do you girls change them into PJ’s right before bedtime? Coz bbG gets his last bath and wears his PJ tops at 6plus.. but will still be crawling all over so I kept away all his footed PJ’s.. and took out the separates.. so he goes pantless til it’s bedtime keke

Esquare: my fin planner told me there’s this insurance coverage dat allows us to claim PD bill (access $50 though) maybe you should check it out?

smiggleP: you sending kayden to skool liao? Which one?

Dustee: you got good taglines! Haha

Hope I’m not too late… HAPPY BIRTHDAY CEDRIC our ham-som beachboy!

And HAPPY ADVANCE BIRTHDAY LIAM the suave baby wiv the sweetest smile!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DANI the sexy baby wiv cleavage and lots of hair! :D

Book swop/toy swoP : count me in! doggie books like marley & me? :D

Rant rant rant: was about to let loose too.. but nvm lah.. our thread filled wiv lots liao… we are all in the same boat… dats what mummies are I guess… our babies better grow up and work hard and feed us well and pamper us next time!

Can you all believe our kiddos are ONE.. and we’ve been chatting to each other online for more than a year (almost 2?) now?

Alrighty.. gonna hit the sack now.. have a good weekend everyone!

gosh do1nk. now that you mention it, we've known each other for about 2 years already! gee. wonder if we will lose people like qing when her #2 comes in sept.

PJs
poppy gets her bath about 745-8 on average then straight into PJs and bed. hopefully asleep by 830. daily routine: bath, bottle, bed. boob is out for the night!

looking forward to raiding kidzloft *evil grin*

pb,
poppy slp kinda early. ok.. it might be just for me. my boy ah.. haiz... earliest is 9.30.. latest can be 12+. he was so cranky on monday he slept only at 3am. i was almost dead.

JACELYN
Agree with u lor online still cheaper then Gap 50%....hahaha
I cheapo leh yest go there saw a cardigan(SY u also wanna find cardigan right?) got 12-18mths BUT original is $59 so 50%..........I still dun find it cheap enough cos I'm buying for extra as she already has 3 now.......hehhee

I always tell my hubby I talk to him the same way as I talk to my 2 yr old. N he also reply the same way as my 2 yr old. I ask him if it is hereditary(means my son will forever be like this) or he stopped his brain at 2 yr old pattern. If is hereditary then jus kill me lah anyway will die of heart attack sooner or later.

Dustee
Ummmmmm u reminded me yah our bbs too big liao maybe. But I know there are for kids too but with family. Forgot where but I think is tanglin shopping centre.
Personally been to the tanglin mall 1 before think when D was abt 6 mths n quite like it. Was gonna sign class with the group I went with then they delay n delay until no news so kanna play out lor. Wanted to go this time n leave D with my dad but the timing not good for me cos only thurs morn they have...........sigh
I think I need to walk the stairs more but if I do then poor D gotta walk too leh. Cos I believe it did its part helping me slim back during D's time as my lift was ready only when I was in my 3rd tri preg with E.

QIng
Sian hor I also hate it when hubby go reservist. Cos his coming home is something I look forward too as well. A distraction for the kids to leave me for a few mins so I can "breath" normally......hahaha
N get some adult talk.

PB
My hubby(father of 2) told me before few mths ago that he's still learning............
SO I asked him hw many kids before he will finally learn to be a real father???
Jus today E was so excited to see him when he came back that she almost jumped out of my sling jus to reach her Papa. N guess what he did?? Jus gave her a glance. N I gotta scold him n tell him hw disappointed his little girl was.
All he had to do was to jus touch that little out stretched hand n she would be happy enough. Hard to do??? For him yes that he needs reminders.
I always tell him I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish to know what is in his mind, what he is thinking about, why he does things the way he does.

N I think u r shld I say 'disappointed' becos u expected him to be a dad like hw u are a mum to poppy in everyway. But seems like it jus doesn't work this way. So like what the rest are saying our expectations or maybe dun have expectations. Jus ask n tell him what to do. I guess partly cos we are the sahm(full time with bb) we tend to be more critical n they tend to be more lax cos they know we will still be there taking care of the kids. Not like those who have to bring bb back from caregiver must "takeover".

Maybe I'm more "enlightened" becos i've been a sahm longer n I know no amt of talks will change anything. Even if they do, it will only be the few weeks after then back to square 1. Like hw the rest say no expectations will make us feel better when they do things out of their own initiative, it actually warms our heart to knw they r trying.

N of cos they will still make us very mad once every few mths so jus come in n let loose lah.
N of cos all mummies r the best. Cos our masters n bosses are unreasonable, not understandable n super unpredictable. They make a mess, dun stick to schedule, dirty clothes n expect to be cleaned there n then. So if we can deal with them, we can deal with ANYTHING!!!! EVen MEN!!......hahaha

BTW pssst pssst......when I am in the naughty mood n not happy with hubby, I will bring the kids out n 'disappear'. Dun ans his calls or switch off mobile. Only when I am satisfied that he is worried enough cos he can't get us then I will ans his call n give him yes, no answers.......hehehehe

Rena
Jus tell them ur hubby worried you too tired taking care of kids n hsework so employ maid to help you. Ur hubby dote on u ma. Tell them lah Cannot MEH???

mummies are the greatest!!!

to all the mummies
whether you are working or not working, i think you will still feel frustrated. somehow it is very auto that we end up doing more. even when hb is doing, we still worry. i guess it is having so little 'me' time and feeling so tired that cause us to feel frustrated.

SD
my hb can really shake hands with yours. really lor, the only time he take care of them is when i ahve to go toilet. when i was on hol, i really cannot eat in peace at all. now that we have 2 kids, he has no choice but to handle 1 when we are out alone wiht no helper. if helper is with us, he will pass to helper.

mummies
jx is really only taking one nap a day. any other bb like that?

re kidsloft
feel like going but then i have lots of stuff at home...so dun think i shd make a trip.

re bookpple
wow tempting me leh i love to buy books....but need to control. no money leh

dor dor
u so funny. u will disappear with the kids! i never tried that before but my hb seldom checks on me in the day also.

hmm, maybe i shall go cehck out gaponline instead...hee

dor dor u are good! I love the way u say abt D and ur hubby answering alike and it being hereditary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHIOK! I will mark this sentence n say tt to hubby next time!!

opps i think bbx ate too much papaya last night. my mum say she pooed 3 times consecutively and i also saw a bit 10 mins ago (just cleaned her up n put her back to sleep). now her butt is very red from all the cleaning. shucks.

haiz i am slightly upset today. originally i arranged to meet up with my friend on tues. then coz my sis was working late so i cannot go as i had to rush home to help my mum out. fair enough. so i told both my sis n my mum that i arrange to meet my friends on fri night which is tonight. my sis agreed to bring her bb home. i haven met friends up for eons!!

ok i went n when i reached home at 10pm, which i think is not too late, my 15mo niece is still ard coz my sis went out to meet her friends, even knowing i am out. this has been her 3rd night out this week with friends. n my dad had a black face asking where i went. so now its my fault.
i am very upset.

i dun usually arrange to meet up with friends. i have been leadin a no life life. friends dun ask me out coz they know i got to go home to look after my bb. its just once in a blue moon.. i just feel that my sis is very selfish. i am always rushing home to help out while she is happily enjoying herself outside. she has 2 kids but she is acting like she has none. i have 1 and i feel like i have 3!!

at this rate, i think i will be left with no friends in no time.

i wanted to talk to her but when i bring up the topic, she acted like she is very upset in her life blah blah blah and so she needs a time out.

I NEED SOME TOO!!!

Jac,
Why dun you have a talk again with your sis? If not can your in law help?

Dor dor,
I know what you mean but like tat say dun seem nice leh..
China pp what do they know .. We look at quality right..
They have be saying tat I am the laziest woman in the whole earth..

SY
MINE MINE!!! Ember also 1 nap a day now sometimes. So she sleeps at 3+pm then after that tong until around 8-9pm she keeps fussing cos tired.

Must make hubby miss us ma, if not he forget abt us. Forget that he also need to pay attention to us 1....hehehe

Jacelyn
hahahha....we very naughty hor teach each other stuff to use on hubbies.......haha
But seriously lor sometimes hor will vomit blood 1 lah until if my hubby reply me I will tell him I am talking to the wall ma.....hahaha

Alamak ur sis naughty leh. N actually me too kanna bully by sis since young n she also still acting like she has no kids kind lor. I poly everyday must rush home to help care for her kids while she can go play basketball, movie, dinner with friends. So i know hw u feel!!!

REna
Then dun care abt them lor. The mouth is theirs, since cannot control what they say then jus ignore lah. Why make urself unhappy for what is not true n you cannot control??

Qing not preg(yet) but want to in few mths time.

whao... so many posts... cannot catch up.. write about hubby later (he sitting beside me).... haha

ethan went for PD ytday, he is 9.5kg and 78cm. eh, 78cm, quite tall wor... hee hee.. PD say ok to his milk intake loh.. but she also say I can consider Pediasure, but scared next time ethan will only want sweet stuff cos pediasure is flavoured and more calories.. I took a lot of samples of pediasure and Enfagrow.. have not tried them yet.. cos hor, ytrday after seeing PD, suddenly he finish all his milk all 4 times I gave him.. hee hee..
happy.gif

Went to Kidzloft after PD visit and bought a lot of things lah... bedsheet especially.. then saw cin_bunny and dor name also in the book loh.. hee hee..
happy.gif

Inspired by PB and Poppy, and all the talk about matching outfits... take a look! Who says mummy and son cannot have matching outfit? Hee hee...

2729230.jpg

Nice pic michelle.. Hey SPCA always have t shirt for sale.. Last time I bought 3 tshirts of different size same design.. A family tshirt..

Now I only let the boys were the same

of course cannot be as cute as mother and daughter lah.. but i already "close shop" so this is the "cutest" with boy liao.. hee.. bbp can try #2, use the shettles method..
happy.gif

jacelyn: your parents are staying wiv you? Hence the reason why your sis sends her 2 kids over daily? tell her nicely lor.. dat your parents need a break sometimes too?

kidzloft: wah.. I was so excited.. almost running in, so for a while, brain couldn't connect wiv eyes.. when I met chumint haha! but almost everything I put in bag, hubby took out again! baby gates were not right (they do now swing open like door) but managed to get a few things and most importantly: the musical set which bbG loves! saw familiar names in the book too! :D

bringing porridge out: mummies.. if bb didn't finish porridge, how long before we have to throw it out?

din make it to kidzloft tdy in the end! will need to 'borrow' some fren's bb to buy stuff nx month!

jacelyn,
tell yr sister that you need a break too smtimes. how and where you tell her that depends on how much, and in front of how many impt pple (mum, dad for a start) you wanna tell her off...

SY
Re mummies working or not working…. ALL mummies are working, just depending on at the office or at home haha

Dor dor
Wow! What an inspiring speech!!! My, disappearing with the baby would be scary.

Jacelyn
Ya tell your sister off!!!!

Michelle
Cute!!! Eh you confirm close shop liao ah?

Re kidzloft
Bumped into batgirl and she said we were the last ones liao and then as we were leaving, we saw serene and JSP! Hehe. Like do1nk, we went with the intention of getting safety gates but were not impressed with any there. Think will head to ikea instead. Ended up buying safety locks for drawers and the cute tooth holder. Would have bought the harness but someone gave to poppy for birthday present. Prices are really good at that shop!

Speaking of break
3 other mummy friends and I are planning to leave our little babies with our big babies and head off for a weekend of spa, pigging out and shopping in Bangkok!!! Wooooooo hooooooo!

Didn go kidzloft.. Not much to my coz my place looks like childcare already.
I went to courts instead and taka.. Hm.. Saw a coach bag tat I like but color not nice. Hb say will buy for my birthday .. Hm.. Then I want something better leh.. *evil ** .. we bought a set of sofa coz our current one is coming apart but had serve us for good 8 years.. Spent about 3k.. Then hb say .. Ok this is your birthday present.. So I told him .. To cash back for me to to buy bags .. Haha..

PB,
Are you serious???? Leaving Poppy behind? I've thought of it, but I wonder when it comes to crunchtime, will I end up missing Declan more than enjoying myself? I think so!!! Must go kiss my baby more tomorrow.

Michelle,
Why you and doggiebb sia-ing me for #2? I think of the work involved ar... a shiver runs through my spine liao. I think I will stop at 1 liao. I think my hubby also halfway to that decision liao.

kidzloft
mi also went kidzloft... bought the melody mix(big music set) and handy hub + some sale safety locks... my sis went together n she buy all that for ryane as bday prezzie haahaa... really must thank my sis liao... mi met chumint n haoren there too

Hubby
my hubby quite auto...so not much to complain...cos he already doing all the housework for mi liao n he help out with bb also so mi better not complain...but ryane a bit sticky to mi esp bed time he will refuse daddy to carry... and cry really badly when i go bath so that period even daddy wan to help also cannot...

PB
wow so shiock go bangkok... enjoy urself k n hope the trip will refresh u up... and be a even more happy PB when u back

To all Mummies...
Yeah we survive bb 1st year...jia you... ganbatte... another challenge to the terrible 2... haahaa 3cheers to all mummies

e-square
ya... ur hse really lotsa toys...liao... remember tat time go ur hse s many toys till we blur liao... even bb play with the door stopper we also thot it's some part of the toys... haahaa...

No. 2
tink mi also gonna plan liao...cos by the time no.2 come, no.1 will be 2 yrs liao...can go childcare

Ooh ooh, forgot to announce that I had Melben just now! The crab beehoon was superb! Now I know why you all gian so much last time liao.
But I didn't eat too much cos:
1) had to entertain Declan
2) don't dare to in case of allergies

Sigh......sianzzzz
Very fan now cos Ember has these little dots like rash on her tummy n back. Then headache where to bring her to see doc or what to do realise korkor also has rash all over his legs.
ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Pulling out my hair now.

Hi there! Dun think many remember me but I used to frequent here alot more when Sebi, my son was born. Just wanted to say HI to all July mommies and also a big fat HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated and advance) to all the July babies!

Sorry I haven't really read thru that many posts so I hope u dun mind me asking alot of blur questions. :p

Am a FTSAHWM, eh.. full time stay at home working mom, with the help of my own mom who comes in the afternoons and it's been very very tiring. Think it's not easy to separate work and caring for kid even when my mom is around, she's not taken care of a kid for over 30 years, so we're like 2 sotongs at home together...hehe.

Hope to keep up with the posts more often and perhaps join u gals for dim sum sometime!

Sebi is getting to be very active and nowadays, feeding him on the high chair is almost impossible. Do u all feed ur kids, letting them walk around? Sometimes i just dunno where to draw the line, whether too strict or not. He's also rejecting his own food and only wants stuff from our plates. Mummies, any tips?

jacelyn, bbx so guai, can come out when u asked. Sebi was not only lying on my back nerve and even had to do epi twice but still half body was in pain, he didn't come out after 24 hours still, cos only 3cm dialated. It's a good thing our memories dun remember pain so well, or maybe it's just mine :p About your sis, hope you manage to confide in her what u are feeling and since she must also feel the same way, then both of u will have one more common topic!

Cellow, yes, a book swap would be great! But these days i barely have time to read anything. Can read newspapers I happy liao..

PB, hi hi! Thanks for the invite to Poppy's bday. I was in Germany and I was also feeling quite blue, so i too, put Sebi with my hubs for about 3-4 days and went off with some friends. I definitely came back happier and more balanced. Good to hear that you're back to your bouncy self! Bangkok sounds gooood... would be fun if we mommies here plan something eh!

dor dor, hope the rash will subside when doctor gives you some cream.

hubby juz told me I'm not allowed to buy anymore toys or books for bbG as my house is turning into a giant storeroom for him! HAIZ!

went to ikea but forgot to look at baby gates!

smiggleP: go tumpang friends wiv bb's turning one for kidzloft disc!

wah PB get a BKK getaway! R U still going to canada for 2 months? when's dat?

having only ONE baby: for those of your who made this decision... how sure are you and why? do you think our babies would mind being an only child? still struggling wiv the guilt of not giving bbG siblings.. but we REALLY dun wanna have another leh.. no time.. no money.. though many say these are not valid factors..

bbp: glad you like the crab at melben.. think they have a few outlets (one at TP, one at.. ur katong?) DON PIE's quite similar too.. more herbie in fact.. next RP outing perhaps? ;) now I'm feeling hungry...

dor: how are your spotty babies now? are the spots bothering them? could they have touched/eaten something to cause it? if still there.. bring them to PD tomorrow lor...

Hi A (sparrows)! is sebi (hehe do you guys call him that?) walking already? wow.. bbG still can't so I don't have to worry about that yet, but they are getting less interested in their own food and milk, but wants more of ours too.. headache starts when he doesn't chew but keeps food in mouth...feeding can take up to almost an hour!

can't believe the weekend's come to an end..and my little one is snoring away!

Hi sparrows,
Declan can't stay in the high chair for long too. In fact, he stands up ever so often. So feeding time is a half-distraction, half-feeding thing. As I told the rest, during feeding, I have a stack of toys beside me.
But he's definitely finishing his meal before leaving the high chair, cos I don't want to chase him round the house next time.

do1nk,
True true, I used to be one of those who said no time no money are not valid factors. But it's different when you have kids of your own and I realise that it's so difficult, not just on finances but emotionally, mentally and even relationship wise.
As for crab beehoon, why is it herbie?

Re spotty babies:
Declan has a few spots at his thighs... about 6-8. I think it's the seafood leh. Lucky I ain't a very big fan of seafood. I was enjoying the beehoon and soup more than the crab. Haha.

And Declan just did the keeping food in the mouth but don't want to swallow thingy. Help! Sigh. As if feeding porridge isn't difficult enough already.

oh.. herbie as in u can smell the herbs they put in (the one at don pie).. nice! the soup is superb huh.. but I love crab too! :D juz wished they were all shell-less or at least.. soft-shelled..

the keeping-food-in-mouth-n-not-chewing drives us nuts huh? my niece who's a super picky eater does dat too!

mummies.. I recently noticed that bbG will stir n flip in his sleep..and sometimes he flips onto his tummy.. and face downwards! then I get a fright and quickly get up to flip him onto back or side again.. can happen a few times.. lucky I'm a light sleeper, but am I being paranoid? Are they old enough to flip themselves if they can't breathe?

remember how I told you girls my piano teacher's baby died from this? but she was only a few months old then lah...

but SCARY! do I get up to flip bbG or would he know how to himself?

Back