(2008/07) July 2008

SmiggleP
Had a fun time at your place meeting up with mummies & babies. Thanks for hosting us!

Bbp
Thanks for the ride back. Have pm-ed you the address of Baby's Hyperstore in Kaki Bukit.

Cellow
Xie xie for the diaper & face cream! Will attempt to carry cedric again in the manner that he likes.

Michelle
I wanna see the pics that you took at the party! Pm-ed you my FB email okie.

Crystal
You received my 2nd email concerning payment of HT?

hope the woodlands swim date went well! i actually convinced hubby liao and bbp so kindly offered a ride but in the end realised that it is a morning swim date and we already made morning plans. not fated!

unshy-ly waiting for michelle to 'open pool'
biggrin.gif

hi girls, if anyone is looking for something to do, this is quite interesting : http://singaporewalks.com/schedule.htm#mon

i wonder if i have posted before. anyway i've been on 2 of the walks and had alot of fun even though i am singaporean (ie 'thought i knew everything about my country already).

the one i want to go for is the fri evening one. cin bunny, we were supposed to go together since preggie days right? lol.

hi bbp & garfield, will check my bank account n let u know when funds are in, thanks!

it was a great sunny morning and we had a good time splashing around with thaddeus, talia & declan...posted some pics on FB..will post more here..

bb's up!

do1nk,
I had lotsa fun! That silly Declan didn't know how to appreciate your yummy porridge... thanks for everything...

PB,
Luckily it was a morning swim... cos it's raining cats and dogs now!

maple,
Received the address, thanks!

<font color="0000ff">Crystal,</font>
Transferred the money for HT over liao. Let me know when you get it ok? Thanks for helping us order!

wow i did not recognise declan. only with his papa that i knew it was him lol. gordon looks like such a big boy! and his float looks uber cool!!! is FZT walking!!!?

eh serene,
i posted on this thread re: nursing room list in shopping centre but never keep track leh. think PB did the same thing, just post here and din keep track...

mapleaf,
you are welcome! hope dora can use the mustela creams. haiyooooo, Cedric ah, only wants to be carried a certain way...

the water bbs are soooo cute! pinch all their cheeks! and look at the serious Declan w half his face in the float

do1nk,
i havent paid you yet for the kindermusik, dont hang pig head ok
happy.gif
i own up 1st!
i am on facebook now. just not regularly logging in.

hannahi,
the M size MP diapers, now I force Cedric to use - haha. even though his fat thighs are spilling out of the diaper. Figured it was easier this way rather than selling at a loss
sad.gif

knee guard, FZC not crawling yet, so no need for knee guards.

rena,
then 9.1kg considered FZ or not?
actually i wanted to carry Ezekiel but he did look a little intimidating to carry lor.

labelling
masking tape is a very good idea for bb purees. thanks, PB for sharing.

bluey,
haha, overestimated your FZ's wgt ha. He is still heavier than Cedric, so to me, he is FZ lor
happy.gif

cleanup mattress and HB's sense of humour
actually the puke was not that much and i was quick enuf to mop it up b4 it soaked into mattress.
more HB's sense of what was funny that made me scratch head and wonder if I had misplaced mine...!

bbp,
yea, since u pointed it out, Cedric is indeed a very non-toy baby. ok la, he play w lock and lock containers, can already. dun hafta to buy the not-dirt-cheap-but-not-too-expensive Sophie Giraffes or Cham Pah Noh (spelling?) Mushrooms - hehe

SY,
no ah, you din look zombie at all that day. fingers and toes crossed for u that JX's waking up often is a thing of the past!

oclub,
welcome! i dun think bbs on full breastmilk are smaller, genes and other factors come into play as well mah. mine was 8.3kg at 4 months (!!!!) on exclusive breastfeeding then. power rite, my milk. LOL. 8kg not small already.

hi sd!
Cedric is ok. Feeding and drinking well. Emma has so many teeth *envies*

JSP,
i think suan le ba. dun buy toys already... just give Ernest lock and lock boxes too!

Cellow,
Ooh! Does that mean I carried Cedric in the way he likes? *smug look*
Heh heh, doesn't Declan look absolutely adorable with his cheeks all squashed up in the float? Ok, maybe I'm just biased.
Ya, just give Cedric Lock and Lock boxes, then ocasionally change the things inside.. then voila, a new toy!
Yes lor, your BM is super power lor. My BM pales in comparison by far...

HT Round 2:

Youpi, noted on HT (Round 2).
happy.gif
I will be collecting this weekend. My car just returned from the workshop. Kenna a hit and run accident in my carpark (those irresponsible nikumputs!)!!!

Re : HT (ROUND 2) - FINAL LIST
(1) bbG
(2) PB
(3) Qing
(4) cellow - one vanilla teether!
(5) mapleaf - one vanilla teether too!
(6) Youpi – one teether

Pimple,

Wuffy has a pimple on his nose!! IS it normal for babies to have pimples?

Photographs,

Pictures were great!!! Birthday party sure looks fun! Smiggle, where are the pictures of birthday boy?

The 3 boys look so adorable in their swimsuits!

bbp,
happy.gif

oh cz you are biased towards Declan wat. he is super cute w his cheeks all squashed up like that.
Declan is moving around a whole lot more [much much more actually] than Cedric, naturally the wgt will stagnate. Or he might even lose wgt!

tess mummy

my elder gal was in Shicida programme for 1+ yr. Little Neuro Tree is a spin off from Shicida programme. Both uses games and activities to train the Right Brain which includes instant memory, photographic memory, linking memory, ESP, motorskills etc...

LNT is cheaper than Shicida, got some politics involved hehehe ...

SO... u want to ask if it's useful ?

Well, i do feel my elder gal is ahead of her peers. She can recognise and recite numbers 1-10 (english and mandarin) and the alphabet by age of 2. I know of her classmates who has already turned 3 but cant recognise letters yet. And my gal has very good instant memory. She is very observant and remember things easily. But as a parent, u need to do lotsa home practice, attending the once a week lesson is not as useful. I bought materials for her to practise at home and as kid, they don't always want to do it. So gotta coax or wait until she is in good mood.

I have already signed up Rianne for Oct class months ago cos u will likely be put in the waiting list.

hope this helps
happy.gif
btw i signed up for the Toa Payoh branch, if u r going let me know ...
happy.gif

batgirl: alamak.. was it a major dent/scratch in your car?

wufeng has a pimple? apply calendula cream! =) bbG used to have bb acne when he was first born.. now gone..

looks like mr n mrs bbP have comfy bodies dat babies like.. coz bbG was so shiok sitting on the 'mr-bbp-armchair' LOL

juz got back from bbG's 2nd pneumococal jab and hooray! he's put on 0.2kg haha now 8.2kg

lowered his cot to the lowest level .. and I've a backache now from all the bending over him...

tess mummy,
Yup, 2 mommies here send their babies to Neuro Tree. I think crystal &amp; mapleleaf?

batgirl,
Oh no! Your car!
I think Declan has a slight pimple too.

Cellow,
That's what many pple tell me, but still I worry about his weight. Sigh... introducing 2 solids a day liao, hope that will help him gain some weight. He currently looks like he will tip over if anyone gives him a slight poke.

do1nk,
Haha, yah! I'm so amazed that Gordon was so relaxed in his "armchair". Think it's dependent on the babies too. Cos Declan has never relaxed like that before. He can't even relax one corner like Poppy does.
Oh! But he's now sitting nicely in his "armchair"! Wonder if it's due to the spoon he's currently sucking or the golf channel he's watching...

Hihi was missing was a long time cos of work....
hope to join u guys again
happy.gif

My boy Ryane born on 23 july in NUH
tink 8+ kg now
on cereal and porridge with egg yolk, fish, pork, carrot,pumpkim, spinach liao
got 4 teeth and crawling liao

stay in the west also... will be keen to join the west playgp

But anyone ordering for HT again... can i tong ban

batgirl,
I join u in sending dent-their-own-car vibes to those ninkumputs! or do like FZT and Ezekiel at Kayden's 1st bday partee - ROAR!
watever u do w the pimple, DONT squeeze it. put calendula cream and it will go away.

bbp,
maybe you and mr bbp are (ahem) not that tall also. you are definitely small built. so declan got both your genes ah.
speaking of which, i met an asian lady ystday who is a whole head taller than me, and her 1 yo bb daughter is so ... big. Looks like 2 yo to my untrained eye. so tis in the genes....
eeks, Declan watches golf? why? sooooo slow the game to watch on TV. even soccer is more exciting.

Mr bbp armchair
happy.gif
new brand of comfy armchair for bbs ah - heheheeee

Cedric sleeping now. Think I shall surf over to Facebook and take a look at wat I have been missing.

re swim date
looks fun! hee but din realise until it's over. maybe next time

bbg
that reminds me. jx due for her 2nd prevnar jab too!!

re shchida
i have heard pple say not useful also. but i gues it also depends on how much follow up we do at home? actually is it worth the money? it's really ex leh.

PB,
for pork i will minced it and then add it into the porridge, bring to a boil and quickly put into the tiger jar. think it's ok cos jx will eat it and it's not too hard.

Cellow,
Yah, I blame Mr Bbp for Declan's smallness. Apparently when he was small, he was also eat-but-still-can't-get-big type. So not my fault..haha!
Declan watches whatever his daddy watches, which is mostly soccer or golf.

Lbt,
My no. 1 was in shichida too.. I am the lazy mummy rat only bring him for class but never do any practice.. My personal view and my friends views are about the same.. My friend was very hard working with her kid and did the practice everyday.. But her kid is only faster in certain area and she feels tat it only help int terms of memory...
FrAnkly for me I think it actually my relation with bb closer.. He was there since 12 months and stop at 2 plus.
Well to be fair to no.2 I will be putting him as well .. But you need to choose teachers.. They have terrible ones ..

hi bbQ saw declan shaking head video on FB.o super cute... my boi doing that too... so scare he shake till mabok... haa

Btw u staying at west side also huh

Ur hubby liverpool fan? my hubby super crazy bout liverpool lor

hi ronn,
Yah, sometimes shake head until lose balance then fall onto the mattress.. haha so funny.
Yup,I stay west side, near Jelita Cold Storage there.
Yah, my hubby also Liverpool fan... sian man.

ooh...jelita i send my dog for grooming there..pet stylist

i juz order a liverpool jersey for my bb n a jersey for my hubby to entertain my hubby...haahaa
the oversea spree very cheap for liverpool stuff
thot of going to take family pic in liverpool jersey
happy.gif

Rena

i know what u mean. We are skeptical if this programme is effective too but at least we got positive results from it. For my gal, once she can recognise letters then I can proceed to teach her how to read. Anyway I believe all kids will reach the same level ultimately. But Right brain is indeed one area that we dun utilise so it is good to train it during 0-3 yrs of golden window.

bbG,

it was not only scratches, there was a BIG dent!! *sigh* Had to change the entire mudguard and spray painted the drivers side.
sad.gif
But the other car that was hit got it worse. His entire back bumper fell off. Mine was a "spin-off" effect.

RE : LNT,

I was at Jurong East SATA today to take my back x-rays (Dustee!! I finally went to see the chiro..back giving problems liao) To my surprise I saw LNT there so went to take a look.

Anyways, to add on what lbt, rena has to say, the trial class is a set of 3 lessons for $150. They teach in 3 languages - English, Mandarin and Japanese. One week one language. Looks interesting... now hearing wat lbt has to say about right brain training... i a bit itchy to go.. :p

Re: Wuffy's pimple

It looks like adult pimple... not baby acne leh... today can see pus in the centre some more. I did not squeeze it, it just came out on its own... i applied calendula cream liao... hopefully it will shrink by tomorrow...

Re: HT Round 2

I will go collect from Crystal tomorrow evening. Who wants to meet up and when?

For the RP group, there are 2 options. For those going to kindermusik, I can pass it to you guys there OR we can arrange lunch at Raffles Place next week. Let me know okie?

PB, Youpi, you gals meeting me at GWC rite? Let me know too, cos the week after next, I will be a temporary SAHM.
happy.gif

do1nk

it was great fun on fri! both the kiddos were knocked out til 6pm! and your porridge was so yummy! i think the boy couldn't eat it simply because it was too tasty!

i've uploaded some pics on FB too! got a few closeup ones of gordon! i think he is really photogenic!

cellow, so ur bed got smell of milk after that? Can wash away? If i were u, super heart pain on the lost milk!!!! Why will C has enzema if it's ur milk? BM shdn't cause it right?

Jacelyn.. so blessed that ur girl is eating any, &amp; everything!!

hannah

tess also will have enzema if i don clean away those on her face after i bf her..

LNT
will go down to the marine parade branch n c c on weekdays

hi,

u gals toking abt LNT? My elder son just enrol this yr. I find it rather useful. he show more interest in counting, more sociable. of cos, we have to practise n do homework for the rest of the week. actually it not so diff, just spent 1 hr or less everyday is quite good liao.

anyway PB, I not sure if it u n yr family... did u advertise for Ikea?? cos i saw one couple n poppy pictures on their walls..... ;p

garfield
yes that's our family. i used to work for ikea, that's why.

wow cellow in papers? someone post the pic here leh! i no got papers

batgirl
i missed your post about the car i think. what happened! hope everyone is ok. and yes, thanks i will pick up from you from GWC. same timing as last time can? i try to coordinate with my hubby's gym timing
happy.gif

auntie posting: huggies dry comfort on sale at NTUC. $16.95.

yesterday went to railway station for lunch. tried to take some artistic shots. hehe

2342385.jpg

the black and white effect plus my floral auntie top make it look very 1960s hor? lol

wow all the bb here so powerful.... supermodel... appearing in papers and advertisment...

i wanna see too... which page of sunday times

pinkbunny : the pic of bb very nice with her big big eyes

oo i saw page 12 of sunday times homes...
breastfeeding in public.. no problem
3 cheers to cellow for that
i used breastfeed in public with nursing shawl
still got those chee go bak staring so irritating like never see nie nie be4
so usu find nursing rm to breastfeed

hi all...

HT UPDATES

i;ve jsut packed the stuff.. many many apologies to yopi n mapleaf.. there's shortage of teethers.. so i din manage to get for u gals.. so so sorry!

Crystal
It's okay, no worries
happy.gif

Batgirl
I won't be collecting anything from you at GWC then! How long will you be SAHM for?

Tess_mummy
Shichida is very popular, but I've heard that the parents must be involved as well. So you have to be prepared for that. Actually I think it depends on the child as well.

Hi youpi!

Ya, crystal mentioned to me that yours and Mapleaf all OSS. I will be SAHM for one week. My parents are gg to China.

I was supposed to bring Wuffy to BKK then, but now with the political situation there, I guess it has to be scrapped yet again (I attempted to go in Dec when the aiport was overrun by the Yellow shirts). *sigh*

PB,

I will bring the stuff to office tomorrow. So you can collect anytime between tomorrow and Friday!
happy.gif

Oh my car was involved in a hit and run case in my house carpark. We were not in the car then so everybody is fine. The driver so kayu, can hit stationary cars in front of it when moving out of his own carpark lot. And he was not even reversing, he was driving front out! Like dat, also go and bang and cause damage to 2 cars in front of it.
sad.gif
and my car was one of it lor...damn suay...

ya, I saw myself on the Sunday Times MAIN section. Thought the story was gonna come out in the Lifestyle section, so grabbed that to flip 1st... then ay not there leh. Doesnt Cedric look like Mr Potato Head without any neck in that photo?

bbp,
haha, the FB video of declan shaking his head is so cheeky! Ced as cheeky, we just need to nod or shake our heads at him, he will shake his head!
apparently nodding is a more advanced motor skill than shaking head - yes? mummies with #1s

hannahi,
hmm. yes there is a smell of milk on the bed. but Cedric always feeds on the bed anyway, so to my nose, there is always a smell of milk in the bedroom. it was only one mouthful of milk la, so no need to heart pain! Ezcema - oh not the BM, but the salivia over his drooly chin. Gotta clean him up properly after his feed.

PB,
1960s shot - Thumbs up!

hi mummies..

bbG came down wiv an awful fever of 39.5deg after his pneumococal jab.. or was it also due to his 4th big tooth emerging.. or the very first haircut he had... or the few raindrops that caught him...

sat nite he woke every hour to cry.. sun his temperature kept going back up to 39.5deg when the 4 hourly panadol wore out.. my poor baby...

this morning better.. he's lost his lotus root look though...

ronnie you've got an MS right? so you bring him/her to gloria &amp; augustine too? dink loves them.. juz got him a mohawk for a change last weekend

batgirl: aiyo..heart pain ah? never mind.. that chap will probably get his retribution one day.. haha maybe God will drop a big fat branch on his rooftop when he park outdoors haha eh so u know who it is? fellow resident?

HT for the RP: I'm fine either way.. kindermusik or lunchtime collection.. thanks batgirl MUAKS!

Crystal: let us know how much to pay you and where to TT the funds to ok?

wah cellow's turn to be in the limelight huh? which part of sunday times? I never read papers wan leh.. must go dig it out before it lands up in the pee tray...

who posted about gmarket here ah? I ordered a pack of huggies dry M 84 and they gave me an M80 instead!

Back