(2008/07) July 2008

HannahI,

wow .. heavy
happy.gif

Mummies,
just back from my gynae visit today.
bb at 1.975kg at 31 weeks and head is down liao.
Somemore gynae did remind that #2 usually earlier than #1. ask me to be prepare, make me so nervous cos guess what my hospital bag still half done. *must get out of my butt and do something*

Cholegal,
Congrats!! will update your details on monday.
dun worry, soon your ger will be with you.
happy.gif

Jmon,
both ashton and adeline really looks alike. glad that kor kor is adapting well to mei mei.
dun worry, my #1 also knows how to walk when she is 16mths and i just let her take her own pace.
happy.gif

Miracle, no, i did not have any GD for both of my pregnancies
happy.gif
And gynae also didn't suggest any tests. He's pro-natural, i guess
happy.gif

Bluey, oh, i got u now. Actually i was considering PIS Advanced/ PIS Original, still dun know what's the diff until i read your thread. Seems like Freestyle is cheaper? And better?

Oh, i planned to ask my sis to get it from US for me cos she'll be there middle of this month. Is it easy to find Medela pumps in the shopping centers there? Actually very tempted to get the avent duo, but too costly cos i'm stopping at 3
happy.gif

Catherine, yes, heavy.. And my mum says it seems like i'm carrying twins
happy.gif
And really sad when ppl dun give up their seats to me during the mrt rides, esp in the mornings
happy.gif

3Ds Family, my no. 2 didn't come earlier then my no. 1 leh. I was induced at 40 weeks. Today my gynae told me i should not deliver early this time round also since my previous pregnancies were not early. Hope so, cos not really prepared to go into labour now. But part of me was thinking, if early labour may not be that bad, since my bb might be too big for natural birth at full time. Confused now
happy.gif

Hannahl,

ur bb sure is big. i juz went for my 32 week scan ytd, then my doctor say she is 1.93kg only. he say bb is slightly small but within the ideal weight still.

Hannahl,

I remember that we visit the same gynae. I am 35 weeks and I asked him not to do ultrasound scan to check baby's weight every visit. It's kinda stressfull for me coz he will ask me to watch my diet. Indeed, I lose 700 gram within 2 weeks, but baby is still gaining weight about 400 gram based on gynae's estimation without scanning. Now, my baby is about 3 kg. I am trying for VBAC too, and he asked me to wait and see. He also didn't ask me to go for GD test. I did the test for my 1st pregnancy twice and I cleared for it.

Phyllis, i've been trying to eat normally, but still..
happy.gif

Hi bluey, oh thanks. Woa, like so good, maybe i'll ask my sis to get this for me. About USD290? Do u think this is as good as avent duo? My only concern is whether i can get the adaptor and replacement parts here in s'pore
happy.gif
Not covered by warranty here right? I think this is better cos i could see that the PIS is really heavy and bulky, that's why i was considering the avent duo. Thanks again for the link, really helpful
happy.gif

Hi Star, yah, we are seeing the same gynae. I heard that he dun do scans for all visits. But so far he scans for me on every visit leh
happy.gif
So our bb has almost the same weight, as per his estimation?

Oh, you also trying for VBAC? Jia you!

I think i asked u before. How much did u pay for the deposit? Was he your gynae for your 1st pregnancy? U choosing TMC?

Jmon
hehehe why u post the pic of Adeline like she not happy with something n pouting.....kekeke
Girl must post sweet sweet pic ma....hehe

Youpi
Oh great we can buy together save costs....hehe
But I am still angry with the LV episode so it will keep me off spreeing for awhile until it settles. Now trying to get from my friend in SG but she haven reply me leh n my calendula is finising.
We jus bought my son a steering wheel that can stick on the window. Machiam like real driving but think he knows which is the real 1 lah. Still makes a dive for our seat once he gets in...hehe
This naughty boy has been changing our gears too like he's really driving.....sigh

SY
Alamak I jus ordered with my friend 1st teeth.....hehe

lbt
U also want CB aah maybe I check with my friend she willing to do small BP anot see can get good price anot. But I still waiting for her stocks to arrive leh......sigh

yoyo..

adeline n ashton reali look alike lei.. hee.. i m so tempted to pinch the cheeks.. dun noe y i hv dis instinct tat i mite give birth earli.. n juz nw while i was playing mahjong, i was so ganjiong tat i can feel baby cramping inside me.. makes me so scared.. wat if reali give birth so earli...

n hor.. moi stretch marks showing... scary...haiz..onli going 4 moi 32 weeks scan on coming wed.. hope everithing is fine..

ask u all lei.. say if waterbag burst while working, will it be veri embarrassing.. considering i m teaching?

Hannahl,

I may have missed your post. I paid the deposit $975 + GST 7%. He wasn't my gynae for my first pregnancy. I am choosing TMC.

If you do not want to be scanned every visit, you can let him know. For me, scan every 2 weeks is ok, but now I see him every week, I don't feel quite comfortable, not sure about the effect from ultrasound scan. Additionally, still have to pay $30 for the scan.

star

i think water bag will burst only after the mucus plug is out right ? during my first preg, my mucus plug came out first. then my friends advised me to put on a day pad and it does helps. the first burst of the water bag wasnt a lot and able to absorb by the pad. well I was at home but even if I am outside, i think it shldnt cause any embarrassment. But i think once it burst, shld at least change to a nite pad and monitor closely liao. or rather... shld get admitted to hospital !

aiyah dont mentioned MAHJONG ... my hands v itchy. Maybe I shld have 3 kids, then they can play with me when they are older hehehe

dordor,
not tat i want to take her unhappy look, she likes to stretch and 'gek' alot, very hard for me to take her sweet look leh

lbt,
my gynae told me my placenta showed infection and there are many reasons that an infection could occur, so basically she did not answer my question on y my girl will b premature :p lolzzz

so far my night duty ok. she falls into sleep immediately she had the milk.. finger cross that this situation will continue LOLZzz

JMON

ok at least we know Adeline is doing safe and sound outside the womb
happy.gif

hmm the placenta infection is something I have never heard of and hope it wont happens to any mummies here. Did gynae say how to prevent that ?

Jmon,
I think bb walk latest by 15 mths. don't worry. they'll take their time eventually.

Pinkbunny,
I'm thinking of getting some nursing clothes from MIM, so they should have a booth there. can't buy milk powder or diapers at fair, it's super heavy.

star xin,
don't think water bag bursting will happen to everyone. usually it's red stain first? now I always wear pad liner, at least can see the colour even if i wear black panty.

wow! this thread is so "happening" these few weeks!!

Heartiest congrats to Jmon, Jaslyn and Choegal!! heard from a friend who's into fengshui.. that this year's Rat is first in a new cycle.. so everything will want to be first.. dunno how true... but so envious and soo happy to know that you mummies can see your babies now. for so many months, i only managed 1 peep of baby's face.

i went to my gynae yesterday.. it's kinda weird coz according to him previously, i should be 31 weeks pregnant. but yesterday he mentioned i'm already 32 weeks now.. where did the extra 1 week come from?! and i didn't even had chance to ask him coz he was rushing off. *blur*

anyway, my baby is 2kg at 31-32 weeks and he's still breeched. seems like he won't be having much room to turn around liao.. guess i really have to go thru c-section... eeks...

do1nk,
better get your cot soon esp if you intend to get wooden cots. i got mine last weekend and it still has the wood smell! really need time to air!

Mother/Baby Fair:
ermm.. i'm so very out of sync recently with baby stuff.. is there another fair? think i missed out some of the posts... anyone kind enough to repeat the details again? many many many thanks in advance.

lbt,
my gynae did not say how to prevent the infection leh.... she just said need to be more careful for my next pregnancy since this bb is premature. but she does see mummies carry bb to full term despite the previous bb is premmie.

Hi Mummies,
Thanks for everyone concern. My ger have just been discharged fronm SCN today. Still feel so clumsy with newborn even thought this is my third baby. Today is going to be the starting of many sleepless nite for me....

Hi Mummies, I am going to due in July like all of you. Have not been very active in this thread.

Been very troubled and sad these 2 days because I found out something about my other partner.

On Fri night, he told me that he needs to work late. I used his laptop and automatically his MSN instant messenger open. And I saw 2 contacts-both with pictures. One picture was a girl who posed very sexy and wearing a tube.

Feeling suspicious, I went to open his hotmail. I have never done that as I trust him 100%. Then, I saw the girl emailing him since last Sept. It was just some jokes email but I feel already so sad...

I have no contacts with any men since we got married. But now, I realised he is still in contacts with "new" girls... And it hurts to know or discover this when I am pregnant.

I really dunno if I should confront him. Now, I just pity my 2 children that if I will to choose to live on without this men. My kids will be fatherless. But I cannot bring myself to let him touch me!

Perhaps he knows that I saw the pictures. He has been treating my very very nice for the past 2 days. Now to think back, he has been treating me very cold for months except in the initial stage of my pregnancy.

What should I do? I feel so devasted now. I just cannot stand him touching my anymore!

Hi Shu

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I am expecting my #2 now and due in July08, but I have not participated in this thread for July Mums, just reading on/off. Reading your case prompted me to write in.

Whether or not you should confront your partner is ultimately a decision you have to made, though hearing views from others sometimes help. I'll like to point that if you choose to confront your partner ultimately, you will have to be prepared to bear any circumstances - that means you must be prepared to hear "truths" and possible face a situation that you may not want. Confront only when you are mentally prepared. That said, it doesn't mean it will always turn out negative, just don't do it when you are feeling emotional.

steph
don't worry, still got time for bb to turn
happy.gif

heartburn
i don't know if it is but the other day i was turning from lying on side to back and it was horrible. like cannot breathe and like going to choke. is it heartburn? cos i didn't get it in 1st and 2nd tri

jeanyard
good idea! i got a sleeveless MIM nursing top at about $20. think they have quite good prices at fairs. oh and i remember the previous fair (but was it motherhood though? mother and baby perhaps) at expo, bumwear also had special deals. in case anyone is keen

baby movements
feeling different, anyone? poppy is not really attacking me with sharp violent anymore. but rather more slow mo ones. not enough space is it? but at least check last week, gynae didn't say that there was anything unusual

maternity leave
someone was asking when we intend to start taking? i'll apply from week 37. cos i really think she will come early and i would like to nua at home for a while before, or just go out and do my own things. think it would be too stressful to work until my water bag burst then i will keep thinking aiyah i never had the time to do my own thing like facial etc hehe. hey come on, when else will we have this time again? after baby comes, all the time will be focused on it liao

chloegal
congrats on bringing your little one home!

shu
sorry to hear of your situation. like cereal says, it is a decision that you ultimately have to make. but just make sure that you get the proper facts straight first ok? *hugs*

Morning!!

Chloegal
CONGRATS!

Shu
Sorry to hear about your situation. I know it very hard but at the moment try not to think too much not good for the baby.

Thanks mummy for all your kind words and support!

Last night, I finally choose to confront him by opening the MSN in front of me. As what I expected, he told me that there are his customers. I asked him why does customers need to be so personal to contact him via hotmail. And not thru his co. email.

He said that I am too sensitive and it gets worst during my pregnancy. He said I am having pre-natal blues already. As I used to have quite bad post-natal blues after my 1st one.

Now with what is happening, I am also quite frightened that I may have a relapse of depression after my 2nd one.

I know many pp will tell me to be positive because of baby but I just tears whenever I recall those emails and pictures.. It is like a knife stab into your heart. Furthermore, what he has today is all because of me.

When I used to know him, he was just a salesmen in a retail shop. I encouraged and even pay for some of his expenses to go for studies. Slowly, he gets a stable job as a 9-5pm staff. And things get better after we got married.

However, on my side.. I used to be very good in my work but due to taking care of my kids. I become very subtle at work and hence the promotion chance also decrease. To me, family is more important. But today, I feel that I may be wrong..very wrong.

There was a time when we quarrel and I said that without me, he is still an Ah Beng partying at night. He said it is all his hard work. Somehow, he has forgotten that it was me who helped him. His parents didn't even want to support his studies.

We are together for coming 10 years already and now...

I tried to dress up and look more attractive. He will said I looked ugly in sleeveless etc..

Dunno..just feel whether should I give this man another chance by believing him this once for the sake of our children.

morning mummies!!!

Really want my little one to gain weight. Have been drinking lots of milk, eating ice-cream, meat.... hb have been nagging at me to eat eat eat..... woah!!!! feels like eat-all-you-can buffet for the past few days. Now seeing gynae weekly basis..... hope my little princess gains good weight this Friday at gynae visit.....

JMON,
Ashton and Adeline really looked alike..... same expression with the eyes and pouting lips..... so cute!

So sweet of him to sayang meimei =)

My #1 now 11 months, see him still blur blur.... don't know will bully meimei or not.

Chloegirl,
Congrats on the arrival of your little one =) Must be very happy to be able to bring bb home.

SY,
I just stock up on 4 tubes of First Teeth few weeks ago. Didn't know you one of the organiser for online spree..... next time you organise, sure support you. My #1 loves first teeth toothpaste...... will want to his gums to be rubbed 3 4 times every morning.

Shu,
sorry to hear about your situation..... do try and be strong for your children.

morning ladies
happy.gif

Re : Expo Robinsons and Popular Sale
Anyone went this during the weekend? I saw their Medela pumps got offer...the dual pump (not PIS) selling at $279 only!
I wanted to get some more Avent milk bags but its not available there *sigh*

celeste,

I went to expo robinsons over the weekend too =) Saw the avent counter. This time round, their nursery department quite a lot of things. Previous expo sale, nursery dept always so pathetic.

You referring to the medela electric plus? I bought it at $209 from robinsons earlier this year. Robinsons this weekend another of their sale.... can check if pump still got some more offer.

piyoz,
not the electric plus...its the dual pump comes with 2 pumps (but not the PIS). I always dont remember the exact name of it one *lol*. I tink its retailing around $300 at most department stores
happy.gif

celeste,

this is one I bought.

1459847.jpg

My colleague said it's good. she used hers for her 4 children, and it's still working fine. You looking for pump?

Robinsons always have very good deals. Got my car seat and stroller there too at very good bargain.

lbt
first teeth is safe for swallowing cos no fluoride. i have been using it for my boy for a long time. but now that he is older, i want to switch him out. so stocking up for 2nd one.

if u wan, let me know.

hannah
wow your bb is really big...

delphine
i also haven pack my bag. kept telling myself to do it but forgot...

re mahjong
i just played yesterday...hee only managed 2 feng then my son woke up and hb took over...

chloegal
good to hear that your gal is discharged from SCN...yeah the thought of the sleepless nights makes me wish bb doesn't come so soon...

piyoz
hee i usually do private sprees. so will only poll for orders in the threads that i join or amg frens. let me know if u need. anyway i always stock up a fair bit so can always get from me later on.

shu
try not to focus too much on what has happened. hard to do but try. sounds like u r hurt also cos u feel that your hb is what he is today becos of u. it may not be a good time to bring up all these things cos he can always push it and say that u have pre natal blues. since family is your priority, turn your energy to the kids? when things are more stable like our hormones more settled etc then have a talk with him again?

Shu

i feel sorry for you. I dont think I can give you any advise, but since your hubby is not very supportive now, you should be stronger and prove to him that you are not the weakling. I know it is easier said than done but you have to try your best ....

SY

yest I bgt one FIRST TEETH toothpaste and tried on my gal liao. She swallowed it ! ahha i ask her to spit out but she dont ahhahaha .. maybe she likes it.

tmr will be seeing my baby again ! woo hoo !

oh talking abt visit tmr, I want to ask gynae to do Strep B test tmr ..

btw gals, rem to trim ur nails short before ur bb arrival. I dont think u want to handle ur newborn with long nails ya ? ;)

piyoz,
your #1 is only 11mos, can use toothpaste on him already? My #1 18mos liao, but I dare not give him yet cos scared he swallow watever goes in.

SY
you let your boy swallow the toothpaste? Though no fluoride, but it's still not too good to let them swallow too much right? How do you train him to spit out eventually?

eat-all-you-can buffet
good idea hor, must at least go for a round of buffet before popping.. Hmn..must jio my hubby to go this weekend… hehe..

baby movements
PB, I am also feeling that her movement in my tummy is a bit different these days. Not as hard anymore, maybe run out of space like you said lor… but but she hasn't turned during last scan leh, no space how to turn leh..!!! Boo hoh!
Finger crossed that she has already turned around…

shu,
sorry to hear about your situation, especially when this happens during the time where you need most support from him. It's not easy, but try to think about yourself and your baby first, try not to let this thing affect you. *hug*

sonic,

I let him use the toothpaste since 6 months. This toothpaste can be used from 3 months onwards. Ok for swallowing. It's not like adult toothpaste which foams up. This one no foam, but have fruity taste. Helps clean up his gums and tongue.

bluey
oh.. for the milk collection bottle.. Yup, I have considered to get Ameda bottle before.. But I was told that it's not BFA-free.. Furthermore it's more ex than Medela ones. So if medela ones fits nicely to Ameda pump, I would rather get Medela ones..

Btw, can pigeon's teat fits into Medela bottles? If yes, that will be double bonuses, so I can just warm up the frozen milk in the Medela bottle, then attach the Pigeon teat to feed baby directly…

Are you still going ahead with your sprees for Medela bottles?

sonic

actually i dont recommend heating up Medela bottle cos it is not class, it is plastic leh. I rather use glass bottles or proper milk bottles for feeding.

piyoz
Hehe.. I'm abit kia si. Just afraid that the toothpaste became part of his meals everyday since he doesn't understand what it means by spitting out.

piyoz,
ya ya...this is the one! u bought at $209? Really so cheap? From robinsons ah? I saw at the Expo robinsons sale it was $279.
Nono, I got this pump liowz...but juz kpo abt it mah...ya its a gd pump, served me for 14mths when i was mainly doing ebm for my ger...haha
happy.gif

I actually was tinking of changing my funnel becos one of it got a very slight crack but still can use....saw it was selling at $31+ at robinsons but with 15% discount...but only for 1 funnel! *pengz*

Re : Update on bb size
Went gynae last Friday...bb was 2.25kg at 34wks...hehe
happy.gif

lbt
dun buy first teeth in sg. very very ex. dun worry it's sfae for swallowing. that's why a lot of pple using it for young kids

sonic
when young, no choice cos they can't spit out. now what i do is i teach him to rinse his mouth. so it minimises the swallowing. cos i wan to switch him to other toothpaste liao.

i think even if u ask dentist, u can only minimise swallowing. can't completely dun swallow cos they are still young and cannot spit out.

i ever ask dentist abt first teeth adn he says ok. my boy has been to 2 dental checkup liao.

sonic,

actually no rush to use toothpaste for bb. I ks also, mainly want to clean off the milk residue on his tongue.

I know pigeon bottles can fit medela pump..... cos I try the pigeon bm bottles on medela pump, can screw in exactly. Not sure about the teats though.

celeste,

ya, got pump at 209 during promotion. Think it was over one weekend only. 15% plus 20% off or something, I run down to get it after work. So happy to save ard $100 for the pump. Good to hear another good review about this pump =)

My #1 I only use Avent manual. This time #2 investing in electric pump. Hope got enough bm to pump.....

The funnel so expensive??!!?? How about getting it from the spree here? Think I saw some medela spare parts spree before.

piyoz,
Thats a really gd bargain that u have there
happy.gif

I got one Avent manual pump also...cos that time donno got milk anot so dont wanna spend too much on pump just buy the most basic one....haha..but i gave up after confinement, went down to buy the medela dual...cos pump until hand tired...*lol*
happy.gif

Hmmzz, spree here? Okies...will go the BP thread there to take a look...hehe

sonic,
that time when my ger was young i usually wet the handkerchief and wipe her whole mouth including the teeth and tongue
happy.gif
Only when she was bout 14 or 16 mths old then i started her on brushing teeth and i am using the Pigeon toothpaste also can swallow one and somemore quite cheap. I tink one tube is bout $2+. Can get from Kiddypalace
happy.gif

lbt
but but Medela bottle is BHA-Free.. So I thought it should be quite safe to heat it up directly?

I was thinking if I use glass bottle to keep milk and heating up, then transfer to feeding bottle, some milk might wasted in during transfer. PLUS the main point is I'm too lazy to wash two bottles leh.. :p

piyoz
Pigeon can fit Medela pump arh? So it must be ok to fit Ameda pump then.

piyoz, SY, celeste
I used handkerchief to wipe my boy's mouth too since young. Then now using tooth brush without toothpaste. Trying to teach him rinse his mouth, but failed.

Ok.. SY if you do organise spree for First Teeth toothpaste, pls include me as well. Will get some to try out..
happy.gif

steph
thanks!

chloegal
congrats that ur ger is discharge!
mine still in SCN..
jie jie still cant really suck her milk properly..

piyoz
I also bought this pump..
using it now..
abit noisy..
I bought its at $269 and it comes with a cooler bag and 4 milk bottles..

Morning!
happy.gif

Shu,
Sorry to hear about your predicament. Please stay strong for your children and take good care of yourself.

2nd time mums,
Pharmaplus at Camden Medical Centre is having a recycling programme for used baby bottles. Bring in yours to recycle and you get $5 off a twinpack of B.Free bottles. Details are at http://www.pharmaplus.com.sg/bfree/

Dor Dor
Your son - funny lah. He knows even at this tender age that he wants to be in the driver's seat!
happy.gif

Jeanyard,
When are you going to the M'hood fair? I am thinking of getting a couple more nursing bras from MIM.

lbt,
Hahaha! Have three kids so they can play MJ with you?! :D My hb would want to have the same number so we can all form a band!

Re: first teeth toothpaste
I am still using this for my #1. I've taught him how to spit, but don't want to switch to the flouride-based ones yet. And yes, he likes the taste too.

Re: bb walking
Don't worry about baby taking a longer time. My hb started at 22 mths. My #1 followed in his daddy's footsteps and only started walking at 20 mths. Now he's running around all over the place and I keep telling him to slow down, stop and wait for mummy 'cos I can't keep up!
proud.gif

sonic ...

abt the spree ... no ppl interested
sad.gif

so I am going ahead to purchase the bottles for myself.

I will b ordering 40 3-oz bottles and 2 box of washable breast pad.

Will sent them the order tonight and shipping back by vPOST.

Any1 wanna join in, pm or email me, lor.
Dun worry, dun earn profit one, lah ... charge accordingly. Just to share shipping cost.

jaslyn,

I bought just the pump only. hmmm, think your deal better got extra bottles and cooler bag.

How are your little princesses doing? PD indicated roughly when they can go home? JieJie learning day by day...... don't worry, she'll start drinking fast in no time.

tek koh
it's me who is trying to organise a LBS BP, not bloom. i'm still waiting for maryann to come back to me with a proposal. she did mention it would prob be better than the motherhood promo but still no news from her yet. FYI. if you like, you can email me and i will keep you in copy when i get more info

gala poles
very coincidently i was thinking about gala poles then saw 'tek koh' hehe. mummies, esp those of you who use nappies, do you buy more galas or not ah?

youpi
my colleague has 3 kids and she was just telling me she had 2 then thought 'aiyah 2 kids when hold hands cannot make a circle, so have 3 la'. hehe

sleeping position
are you girls also finding it tough to get a good sleeping position? i make so much noise just getting into bed every night! just turning from side to back, back to side is tough
sad.gif
some more my bolster so big and hard and heavy! by the time i find the right angle, i'm usually panting heavily, like i went for a jog!

PB

me me... when I turn I will complain and make the "ee ee eh eh" sound cos my right hip is constantly in pain. and while turning and I am on the lying position, I become breathless !! ahah v cham leh ...

Back