(2008/07) July 2008

bbG,

The sunday class is full with non-trial babies... so they have no slots for trial babies. Saturday seems quite ok. she did not mention how many slots, but if 3 slots are avail and i took one, there shd be left with 2.

quick quick call them!

SY,

sure I will remind you! keke...but hor, I wont be in singpaore on Saturday. So I will collect either next Sat, is it ok?

I will be on leave on the 23rd and 24th sep, any babies outing? kekeke

cellow, forgot to PM you my address, will do so now, let me know if you dun receive okie?

batgirl
same here. and yes ur stuff still here with me.
still intact.

pettygal
i have collected ur stuff from dor
and plus ur stuff with me.
when can we meet huh?

doggie
ps huh.
i think i havent email u

holly
thanks huh...
*blush*

michelle
sorry i haven tt u the amt
will do so soon...

batgirl
no prob. i jjust put there first cos i dun go back every week. where u going for hol?

bbp
which crayola paint u using? i saw some selling at forum. quite big bottle one. seems easy to wash. how much u buy the paint for?

dustee
personal view is that shd take pneumoccocal earlier cos it is impt. as for the other jabs, just follow schedule. the booster is 18 months

morning mummies,

cicrle line
i didnt even know it started operating..

dustee
take all.. kayden goin for his mmr next week..
be safe then sorry..

Bbg
i had the no mess mat too.. big for me to park my pram on it
happy.gif
bought it from spree abt $17.
but its not enuff for me as a picnic mat..

Calendula
those who bought it recently, was there any increment in price??
Seems to be gettin more expensive on BP..

smiggle

i am delaying MMR to 24 mths, apparently a lot of mummies do that too as there have been a lot of anecdotal evidence that it causes autism, although there have been research refuting that. still...

mine took his last dose of pneumococcal 2 weeks ago so this week I am sending him to sunday school already. so excited.

chix pox i would probably let him take when he's 18 mths old.

Ethan is scheduled for MMR and chix pox when 15 mths. He also finished the pneumo jabs at 1yo. I am thinking if I want to delay MMR as per advised by doggie.. PD does not seem to like postponing tho I sounded her out last round.. but she say if i want to i can sign a letter of request (cos think its compulsory by MOH).

wow, going for sunday school oredi! so exciting!!!
happy.gif

his pd also want him take mmr soonest...
but shld be ok, autism and kayden? i dont think that will happen lookin at him..
the doctors will also not include it in the vaccination if they dont think its right...

bbp
the one that i saw is much much bigger. really big bottles. did u get those pan to pour the paint like JG ones? where to get those?

how much u pay for the paint?

michelle
polliwogs outing cancelled today. i dun mind a pinic at ECP....

re MMR
i will also delay till 2 years old

i think the date that MOH would like MMR to be done is 18 mths. when its delayed, you will get a letter from them asking you to hurry hurry hurry! muahaha!

there was one article in the chinese papers just the other day, a 18 mth boy had high fever after MMR (which is actually very common for MMR cos its very potent) and after that started developing symptoms of autism. the article was about how the mum laughed with tears when her son lied to her when he's 5 years old when trying to steal cookies from the kitchen because autistic kids don't lie. Now the boy is in a main stream school even though one year delayed and the article talks about how the mum left her job and cared for him all those 9 years. so heart wrenching.

i guess i am just being more kiasu bah! and going by my gut feel. sometimes i take all the things told to me by healthcare professionals with a pinch of salt until I think i have read up enough to be convinced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-link-autism.html

Oh, suddenly remembers abt the pap smear conversation we had at gymboree gathering.
i just did mine by my gynae at only $40.80 + GST.

thanks all, on MC today so that I can rest and get better over the weekend
happy.gif

questions questions - travelling w bb
ok so i m going to Perth 2-9 Oct. and HB insists on cooking porridge for C, lugging a mini rice cooker along. not v efficient leh.... what is the best way to cook porridge on the go?

oh, the crayons I collected fm Dor on Wed, HB wants to keep them for the Perth trip so that C has quote 'somthing new' unquote to occupy him during the trip. *rolls eyes*

cellow

a thermal pot is your best bet. i took one with me when i went perth with talia. in the mornings, put it over fire and cook for 15-30 mins, then close it up and let it stew for 2-3 hrs until lunchtime. viola! nice and hot porridge on the go!

with your rice cooker, you probably have to wake up 1-2 hrs before hand to cook so that you can scoop it into your container and bring it out. the thermal cooker only needs that 15 or so minutes and then you are ready to go.

straw

it is a suspected link that a few studies have shown.

MMR
hmm, i have scheduled XP to take MMR when she is 15-month leh. her PD said autism could be due to mercury content in vaccine, and said that the MMR vaccine in the clinic is mercury-free. dunno how true

Qing,
think i will collect my stuff if they has meet up on 15 sep ba or some other days, can?

is there any meet up or outing for babies, wan to bring my twins join the fun group...

MMR
me also scheduled WQ & WS to take MMR shen they reach 15 mths.

cellow, i used a small electric travel cooker for cooking porridge, portable and basically just let it boil and stirring occasionally.. it is also good for boiling water, and heating jar food, we also use it to cook instant noodle (last time lah)... let me know if you want to borrow that.. oh ya, i just remembered I have not returned you the ergo.. must find one of the nights to pop over....

MMR jab so scary..

straw81, wow i read through that thread.. but not really very convinced that all jabs are to be avoided.. these are views of the minority (in fact only 2 ladies there encouraging everyone who posted there not to take any jabs).. i would believe in the MOH guidelines more than anything else.. true we may not have taken so many jabs during our time and we still grew up fine.. but what was not shown here was the statistics of ppl who contracted diseases then and now were very much reduced. However, i think I will delay the MMR till at least Ethan can speak.. at least if it really causes uncomfort or fever, he can tell us... these few nights he has been cranky and morning occasionally will cough.. I dun know why he feels so uncomfy and it pains me to keep guessing where he is not feeling good and wish I could make all that away....

I am glad I did all the other vaccines early tho.... Then i can fang xin let him join all the gym lah, play group lah.. without having need to worry he may contract any disease related to those that can be prevented by vaccines....

whats so special on 15 sep ah? how come everyone on leave?

and as usual i am not ... haiz.

but but but i wll be gg TAIWAN SOON!!!!!!!!!! yippie. And i just remembered holly asked me to see something there?!

michelle
ya me too.
everything also take first then say. at least got protection

15sept ah...
don know lehz
see how...
u let me know where u plan to bring us first...
zoo? bird park? my little gym? busy buddies? or some secret place.

wow now i'm very confused with the vaccine thing, ryane due for his MMR soon dunno should delay a not cos my hubby nephew also got autism but dunno link to vaccine a not. Hai~ so confusing

re: link to autism

My nephew took the MMR, he fainted momentarily after the jab, and had fever after that. he is autistic.
sad.gif
But Wufeng took it liao..at like 12 months plus. But he did not develop any fever and also did not faint... so hopefully bo dai ji. But I feel autism is really genetic. that is why I am so scared cos his cousin is autistic.

hiaz. I see my SIL take care of him...really not easy....

wow it is really scary abt all these talks on vaccines and autism ... nv knew they could be linked! I also tot it is genetic... no one in my family or my hubby's got that ... and i think my niece just had the jab and she is fine ... hmmm

i think 99.9% of the time it is fine, just that we cannot ignore studies that says that there could be a link. i think it all boils down to making a deliberate educated decision rather than just following what is prescribed.

that's my take anyway.

michelle

so it means no more jg trial in sep ah? *sobs*

although polliwogs outing was cancelled today, but my in laws suddenly say they wanna go. so end up we still went. Bosco and my nephew had so so so much good time they both din rest for the 3 hrs of fun. now he is slping like a log. hehe. good. hope mummies who are going tomorrow will enjoy it. is really nice.

anyway, i've checked with the ppl at the counter. $8/kid under 2 of age. Unlimited play time. bundle will be going at $39.90 for 6 sesions, under 2, unlimited play time, and best of all, is transferable. meaning if u have 6 kids, get the bundle and u pay $39.90. abt $6+/kid.

jace,
wah.. gum dong.. u still remember my request. hahaha.. but i think just forget it. i kinda give up looking for cheap hotel at yang ming shan. went NATAS to get information abt taipei instead. hehe.

Ethan's coughing got worse and he just threw up all his milk. tomorrow morning will bring him to PD.. this is the first time ethan is not well.. I feel awful!
sad.gif
Hope it is not serious and will go away soon....

SY,
I think those were the biggest bottles of fingerpaints I saw on the Crayola website leh. Maybe Crayola doesn't refer to those really big bottles as fingerpaints.
I think with shipping, my fingerpaints cost about $11plus?
I won't be using the paints in the trays like JG, cos I think it's too much paint for one kid.

i need to complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have been here 1 week and only left poppy with MIL for 2 hours the entire time (alone) and she forgot to feed her! and yesterday after dinner, gave her chocolate chip cookies to eat. i said 'poppy what are you eating?'. i think MIL knew i was pissed cos she said 'aww it's just for fun'. for fun for WHO? grrrrrr. i don't mind giving poppy adult food but i think my MIL has had her fun experimenting with my hubby, and it should be OUR turn to experiment with OUR daughter. qing meimei, i so can understand you and your MIL giving barbie nonsense

and today. i wanted to change poppy out of her long thick PJs but MIL said 'no leave her alone, she's busy now, watching tv. you change her later'. what the...... i cannot change my daughter's clothes to make her feel more comfortable??? kena override. hubby knew i was upset cos he said 'it's ok. i opened up the foot part of the PJs so she feels more cool'. i wish he had spoken up against his mother but i guess men will always be little boys in front of their mothers.

oh and she is a good cook. so i asked before she arrived if she would like to cook some meals for poppy. when we got here, she wnated to give poppy chicken cooked in MSG laden stock. oh my. the next 4 weeks are going to be l-o-n-g

michelle
hope ethan gets well soon. hope mummy gets some rest too

PB
can totally understand! seems like mothers are the only ones concerned abt what goes into the kids' mouth. the fathers usually dun make much attempt to stop the funny stuff that goes in.

bbp
i tot putting in the trays will give them a more sensorial experience...haha.but you r right. too much paint for one kid. the one that i saw at forum are really huge bottles. each one abt 5.90.

michelle
dun worry too much. i know it is tough to watch them vomit but actually it is better cos the phelgm comes out. my fren once told me that her PD said it is better. jh always vomits when coughing one.

holly
but the bundle is only transferable btwn kids under 2 years old right?

glad that you had fun! sounds like a fun place.

batgirl
12 months to take MMR? sounds a bit early. i tot the recommendation is 15 months...

re gathering on 15 sept
so where are we going?

Michelle,
You are 1 luckly mom.. Ethan just felt sick.. Mine fell sick zillion times.. Do take care coz weather not too good.. It's good to vomit out.. Especially if there is phelgm.. Ezekiel do it all the time.. Coz he his allergy and throat produce alots of phelgm..

Mmr jab..
I think 12 mths and 15 mths seems early .. I tot it's suppose to be 18 mth jab..it's ok to slightly delay coz my e1 did his jab only at 22mths.. I rather he can talk before the jab

PinkB - sayang..quick, take time off from MIL 1-2 days everyweek..go somewhere else!

bbp - sigh, i did not get to buy my cake but i thought about it all afternoon at work

vacinations - i just spent the last hour glued to my screen reading about it..wow, a real eye opener..sophie was supposed to take her chicken pox jab last week but PD told me that a new chicken pox + MMR jab is out in the market and can be taken together at 18 mths..i blur blur said ok. but now after all the reading, i think i will stick to mmr till later..so maybe even skip chicken pox jab..

gathering on 15 - would love to join..if i can escape from work :p..happy weekend mummies.

SY,
Woo.. $5.90 per big bottle sounds cheap! But since you got 2 kids, let them play together then you can use more paint and use the tray thingy?

Re MMR:
Declan took his already too. Crap, now I feel like a lousy mother. Batgirl, can console me? Or maybe we should just pat each other's back and tell each other that it's ok.

cin_bunny,
Awwww.... it was DAMN good! I bought TWO strawberry shortcakes and 1 meringue, but shared amongst 3 adults, 1 kid and 1 baby :p

Re jabs:
There's always 2 sides to the coin... I have no idea... sigh. But hubby just goes.. jab lor.

PB
Complain all you want okie, let it all out. Then tell urself you will be leaving there in 4 weeks.
See 4 more weeks ONLY.....keke
Feel better??....haha

MMR
hmm, i go ask more abt it next week..
since kayden goin for his rehab session, dunno what he gonna be test on..

PB,
yup, u only need to tahan MIl for a few weeks and poppy all urs again..
there was this old man who sat beside us on a bus and he popped a gummy into kayden's mouth, i was so shocked. Kayden was shocked too. he spit it out.. but then put back again... haiz..

Polliwogs
sounds fun, so holly, did u take the bundle?
Maybe sunday bring kayden go, hopefully he wont cry.

Michelletan
hope E is feeling much better now

PB
thats wat i also worry if ask my MIL to cook for tess....

re gathering on 15 sept
interested,maybe can join in

Pb,
忍耐忍耐,only few weeks more.. You will be back.. Think positive.. For us , we face our mil all the time...

15 sept
Where are you guys going?I wish I could make it..

Bishan open house...
Next week???anyone keen

bbp
yeah the paint sounds cheap but need to buy a few bottles to get more colors. hmm, maybe i shall go buy the next time i see it.

re MMR
jh took after 2 years old!! i got letter from MOH..haha...

re 15 sept
where we going?

phy
tess better?

Thanks. Ethan coughed almost every hour but he could still go back to sleep on his own.. i put him in our room to sleep, he does not like.. he prefers his own room...
sad.gif
anyway, I can;t believe all the PD around marine parade area are so PACKED! I ended bringing him to my family clinic, the doc let him jump queue, in less than 5 min, he was out with his medicine.. sometimes I dun see why PD is any good... anyway, Ethan does not cough much in the day, only at night..

oh, and he played with the main door and he kiaped his hand under the door, and stuck, and the piece on the skin on his finger came off and there was blood, and naturally there was loud crying, from ethan and me... boy, what a start to the weekend...
sad.gif

PB, just come in here to complain, but let it go loh... afterall, how many weeks do they get to spend with poppy... endure endure.. after a few more weeks, things will be back to normal...

Back