(2008/07) July 2008

PB, glad that your bleb is gone. Poppy had Bandung to drink ah... wah.. she will make a good model.. some more will get free baby massage.. your $64 very worth it liao!

sterilising pumps @ work
I feel more secure washing the oil off the pumps and soak in hot water. then use hot water to rinse off again just before pump to "sterilise".. that is what i do at my mum house when i dun have steriliser, cos last time they also use hot water to "kill" the bacteria mah...

RHS, very nice photo!! where do you mummies get all these cute "costumes"... har?

Surge @ 4 months
Any of you surge in SS @ 4 months like what my colleague told me? I am still waiting for my surge...

Oh, the orh cheh feeling hor.. think its really due to over pump and over massage loh.. cos i relax a little past 2 days, now not so pain liao.. and supply also back to normal liao.. phew!

dor dor,
i m selling the pull along toy at $8. not ex lah.
happy.gif
wooden toys...

smiggleprincess
i also dropping hair like mad. i went to medical hall to ask and they said can take some herbs to help but think not cheap cos need to take long term...

re solids
i also feel it is not too good to try too early. best to start after 6 months

RHS
that's so cute

dustee
got your photos..thanks!!

re NE gathering
let me ask hb whether we can go.....cos not too far from my place.

re iherb
anyone wants me to help order? i got vip discount. i can always put in your address if you need me to help order. i have been ordering stuff too!.

Dropping hair
tell me about it! Just discovered it lately, whenever I comb my hair... shucksssss a bunch of hair leaving me and run away with the comb. haizz According to an article at babycenter, it's ok and it will go back to normal soon.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-hair-loss_11721.bc
http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-normal-to-lose-hair-after-giving-birth_1335883.bc

I'm using Neril hair tonic and massage it to my hair. Hopefully it works.

Michelle,
I've got no surge in milk ss. I think it's going to end very soon (like in a few days).

Blessed thistle- heard it's good if taken with fenugreek. how long is the shipping. I want, but scared when the item arrives, my milk ss gone liao.

Oh my RHS,
Your bb is super cute with the red devil hoodie!

Michelle,
Thanks dear. My bb dun wan to latch.. My first one also. For my first girl, although she didn't latch, I kept pumping and I had a lot of supply, hence able to give EBM till 9 months. This time also no latching, kept pumping, but my supply is not much.

Hannahl

The leftover of milk in the parts will mix together with our fresh BM. You can keep monitoring. For me, even I only pump twice a day, I don’t have much time to wash and sterilize. I prefer not to wash, once we wash, have to wash thoroughly. If I wash in a hurry got soap residue, how?

I ordered 1 item each from iherb to fully utilize $5 off.
happy.gif
I ordered 3 items got 3 shipments lor.

SDchick
Hugs. Do you use the same brand of pump for #1 and #2? I am wondering that whether different brand of pump will give different output.
happy.gif

Star,
I used Avent manual pump for #1. for #2, since it's been so long, i had to throw away my avent pump. So I bought Medela manual pump. It's pretty ok, and the yield is about 50-60 ml per session (during 1st month). So I thought hmmm maybe if use avent can yield more. so I kiasu bought a new avent pump. Well it indeed gave me more, like 70ml per session.. but then my milk ss decreased drastically. So I guess it's not the pump, but my ss got problem. Haven't tried electric one though. Aiya I doubt if use electric one my ss will be up.. hiks dun want to waste money when your ss is down to 20 ml for whole day.

Mummies going for NE gathering/bishan gathering - I have loose pieces of pigeon breast pads (indiv wrapped) - I think still got 10 pieces - I can pass to anyone who wants them. Just pm me ok.

smiggleprincess/SY/SDChick

where can get the Neril Hair tonic ah? n.. smthing tat a guy colleague who's experiencing hairloss..shared w me.. he says can go national skin centre... he went but so far onli like 2nd appt so dun noe hw de effect will be like..

but den again..by the time we get our appt,maybe regained liao??

lelong one 900g tin of Frisco 1 unopened.... suitable for 0-6 months... help me to clear cupboard space! throw away also v sayang.
expiry data Feb 2010
took the sample fm a motherhood fair to standby when i was pregnant, but seems like Cedric got enuf EBM! PM me if interested

i had it up my neck for so long and i finally couldn't take it and cried when i spoke to hubby over the phone...

knowing that my #1 & me are sick, my mil taking the chance that i'm in and she went out bcos for the past few days she very shiok dun even help with the kids, just leave everything to me. then just now she told maid dun need to cook and she packet food for me...wa liao she packet the rice with the dishes all dry dry and hard one...me and my daughter how to eat this kind of thing when we are sick?! i'm really very tired of living with her and dunno how long more can i "ren"...

sorry for the long complain...but i'm feeling so vexed about it. hubby must think it's a small matter but i really feel terrible inside. and to add...just now Lucien was already very sleepy, she just put him lie on the bed without evenbother to put him into his sleep position and just left...bcos i was there to do it anyway...really wants to knock my head against the wall!

oh i realise my message is not clear... giving away the 900g of Frisco 1 FOC hor... self collect east side or central (weekdays when I am working) or Jurong West (evenings) only

Fiona...
*sayang* throw the hard rice and dishes into a pot and cook w some gravy...? make porridge easier to eat when sick lor

wat ws HB's reaction when u called him and cried?

cellow,
he said his mother is like dat very rigid and hard to change...but he just pop by home to let me sign some document and also to check how i was...he asked whether i want to eat anything so he can buy for me but i no appetite liao...

hair dropping
my baby drop hair instead of me.
yesterday still on MC ma.
so was playing with her, then saw some cradle cap on the hair beside the ear.
so i itchy hand go and scratch them off. WHO KNOWS.
her hair drops together with cradle cap.
OH MY...
i was scared to death loh. see that much of hair on the bed.
now, behind the ear hair all gone.
haiz.
very heartache lehz.

will grow back right???

Fiona, *hugs*.. hope you are feeling better now after getting it off your chest.. I always thought your MIL was quite good one... anyway, tell your maid you are not feeling well so cook porridge regardless what your MIL say, you just want porridge... then tell your MIL that you need to Pop a pill and causes you drowsy, ask her to help out! if not, ask hubby to take leave... try to sleep when your kids sleep... get more rest and drink more water K?

aiyo.. cradle cap will fall off with a bunch of hair??!!?? Big piece is it? my boy still have small pieces which i just left it.. he already so little hair... dun want more hair to drop!!!

serene, the hairclip lady's name is serene!
[email protected]

summer
i also was not attended to by mrs wong! she just looked at my nnp after 'guihua' cos we were talking about poppy being massage model

SY
i FORGOT about the panadol lor. after i left the house then i remembered. alamak! grit and beared with the pain lor. *shudder* wah take fenugreek 3 x a day? so much!!! dr jack newman's website says take until your body smells of it. haha.

big accomplishment for poppy bunny and pinkbunny!!! no bottle yet today!!!!
happy.gif

RHS
i love the shots!!!! they look very professionally taken!!! at studio ah? love his expression!

hannah
mothers milk tea - i don't want to take so many things la. fenugreek, domperidone enough la hehe.

<font color="ff0000">SY: yes please, can help to order? should i just PM you my orders? you got discount above their discounts ah? wow</font>

SDchick
choy choy choy don't say such things!!! i'm also ordering blessed thistle to take with my fenugreek

yes lor i called sister kang handphone like 5-6 times! 'singtel customer not in use'. sigh. anyway i'm glad i went to TMC. mrs wong very funny. i agree. makes me feel like money well spent even though i wasn't fully attended to by her. she makes you feel like she really cares. but how come i got no free milo!!!!! must go back and demand for it grrrr

fiona
sayang sayang... ask hubby to sayang you ok? poor thing you

michelle
ya lor. got bandung to drink. eeek. hubby said 'poppy liked your pink love leh' cos i went out after pumping then he fed her mah. last night's pump also pink colour so threw away that side's output
sad.gif
can drink for the immediate feed but cannot keep cos of the blood
sad.gif

Qing,

cannot scratch cradle cap like tat.. must put baby oil first and rub...

PB
Yup, fenugreek more troublesome that's why i switch to domperidone.. i lazy too...

star_xin,
I bought neril hair tonic at the chinatown shop which sells a lot of toiletries. I think swanston also have, maybe guardian also.

Fiona
*pat pat* I hope you feel better. Just have a lot of rest. Tell your hubby to tell your mom that you're drowsy under the medication, so appreciate her to help out as much as possible.

Aww I drank fenugreek 3 capsules 3 times a day also no use. haizzz Hated taking it since the capsule is sooo big.

Frisco1 chope-ed for Smiggleprincess!
Smiggle,
Since your Simei place is so near my mum's place in Tampines, I will drop the one tin off to you nx time I go to my mum's for dinner. Shd be nx nx Sunday dinner bah. Will sms u okie.

I was wondering - what does fenugreek or blessed thistle taste like? Is it very herby? like chinese herbs?

RHS,
That's a v cute pix of bb Jamie!

PB,
can try what LC taught me last time my nnp was bleedg... soak them in warm salt water to heal and sterilise. Quite amazing, that time, within one day heal already. Use the medela milk collection shells to soak lor, then u dun hafta bend over a bowl!

Smiggleprincess
the cradle cap only left abit ma.
so i lazy to put olive oil, thought use hand can ma. only a little bit.
WHO KNOWS.

PB
i also not attended by Mrs wong.
and she wasn't even there at the parent craft thru out the whole painful process.
AND i got no milo and no baby model deal.
me more lu gi loh.

only got a remark from the patient next door.
when i turn off the pump, ling ask why finish liao ar.
i replied. no, but bottle full liao cant continue.
so that lady say, wah, bottle full? so much milk?
(softly to her husband la, but not soft enough)
but i was actually kinda of a cloud 9 liao.
super yaya papaya.
heehee.

Qing, haha.. so funny.. you go make that patient next door envy until eyes red leh... so bad... hee hee...

PB, did they say bleed for how long? cannot bandung everyfeed, rite? not very good rite? sounds scary... I hope your hubby who went with you and witnessed everything comes to apprecaite you even more! the little sacrifices we make for our little precious....

NE Pot Luck Party
Date: 22 Nov (Sat)
Time: 230pm
Venue: waiwai or cheryl's house @Sengkang
Confirmed:
1. waiwai
2. cheryl
3. Delphine
4. Phyllis
5. JSP
6. SDChick
7. Dor dor
8. Angeline
9. Hannahl

we can decide what to bring when the date is nearer...

Pigeon breastpad: taken.

Qing,
You are making the next patient jealous!!!! hahaha.. Should have asked for another empty bottle!

hi mummies...

totally swamped at work and have a super wounded nnp... will write more later..

juz popped in to ask: WHO WANNA SHARE PAMPERS ACTIVE STAGES SIZE S? coz cold storage's discount must buy 3 packs = $60.90 but I'm worried I can't finish all 3 packs of S as it fits my boy well now and he may grow fast... so if anyone's keen to share..we can take one pack each?? let me know! ;)

Hello... stalker sparrows reporting in after a long time mia-ing :p

Too bad i couldn't make it for the previous gathering but the photos made me really gian to order the Bumper mat
happy.gif
The BP is going on now if any of you mommies are interested.

Since BF is not going well for me, I have decided to let go some milk bags. I bought them in June this year while visiting Germany. The webpage for the bags is: http://www.elanee.de/en/products/breast-milk-storage-bags.html
I have 4 boxes, each has 20bags. Am letting go at $5 a box. Would prefer to just send it to 1 address so it's $20 for all including postage. Sorry, i can't remember how much i bought it for. PM if interested.

I'm still taking Fenugreek, 2 pills 3x a day but i only get less than 20ml per pump every 4 hours. sigh, see so little, i might just give up soon.

SDchick,
me is about there too lah, still trying to disfigure breasts just to get some extra drops! keke. but i just got my period today, so i don't know what that means. meanwhile, like PB used to say, will just make do with dessert.

RHS,

Lovely picture! Love your boy's expression. Looking like an angel in a devil's costume! CUTE!

Did you take the pictures yourself or you went to have it professionally taken?

Hi SD Chick,

I'm a July mummy too but been a passive reader..hehe. Your baby dun latch. I'm exclusively pumping too and I have supply problem too. Trying many ways to increase ss - frequent pumps, fenugreek, goat's rue, papaya soup and even nursing tea but i dun much increase in ss.

And I also very paiseh my milk is the least in my workplace BM fridge
sad.gif

Sparrow,
Disfigure breast!!! OMG That's what I've been doing too haahhaha...

Deep Red,
Yar my bb dun latch. whenever I tried to latch her she will cry until not breathing lor. I only have 2 times successful latch during the first month, and she only use nnp as pacifier. after those 2 times, I have been successful. *sobs*

I know! mine also.. lucky not many people in office so kiasu want to see. hahaha.

re helper:

Went there today to collect her HP and asked her to wait outside while I talked to them ‘about money matters’. Actually about her la. Apparently our package was $299 for agency fees and states that we have to have a maid for 7 months. We are entitled to 2 more changes if we want. If I want to terminate altogether, then I have to ‘upgrade’ to another package, $398, which allows me to terminate within 1 month.

So the $2400 that I paid, minus whatever salary to my helper, minus $398. That is what I will get back if I terminate. So now considering la. But at least I know my options. It will be hard to let go of a clean house and cooked meals and clean dishes though. Hmmm.

CS i cannot transfer to you... it's not allowed

ok girls talk later. dinner!

hehe look at my bb, she loves looking at by #1 bday cake a couple of days ago. afterwards, when we did family pic together, she was still looking intently at it. Lols
1840813.jpg

Michelle,
We borrowed the devil suit from a friend, they got it as a gift from their overseas friend.

Fiona,
*hugs* Hope you feel better soon! Maybe you can ask hubby to speak to your MIL?

Qing,
No worry, babies will drop their downy hair and then new one will grow. My bb's both side now also a bit botak coz he's dropping hair everyday. Of coz I also got itchy finger sometimes and scratch his cradle cap which contributes to his botak-ness!

PB, Batgirl,
We took the pics at home! Hubby is a hobbyist photographer so he's happily snapping pictures whenever he can.

Garfield,
Yes!! LC can check what could be the cause your bb refuses to latch.

SDChick,
Your bb's expression is sooooo funny!

Sdchick
I love that pic! It is hilarious!!!!!!!!

RHS
Your hubby should do photog on the side; he is really good!!! Lucky you. Mine ah, I am the photographer at home. I sometimes have to beg hubby to take pics of poppy and i, if not all of poppy’s pics will only have her or her and him :|

Girls!
My MIL just told me that we should stay away from choc cos it causes baby to fart a lot!!!!

Sparrows
Welcome back! Post pic of sebi leh. Poppy wants to see her boyfriend!!!

SDChick,
ya, Sebi frets alot when i try to latch him too. if i do it before feeding, he'll cry cos there's not much milk coming out. If i do it towards the end, he bochap... :/

PB
Here's a not-so-friendly pic of sebi :p ... he's sleepy everytime we bring him to the pool! by the end of the session, he koon liao. think the water is too warm. Perhaps we will not use the float so often the next few times... hehe. I also got the swim bumwear, the kind that can trap his poo.. will use that next time.
1840867.jpg

wow sparrows..sebi looks cool..very steady
happy.gif
..how nice yr pool is warm..mine is always cold..brrr..are you letting him wear a swim suit which traps heat and keeps in warm pr is that just a normal suit?

thanks, cellow
just PM me your no k

Hee, Kayden was afraid to swim when his legs didnt touch the bottom.. SO just let him wiggle around the tub..
think use a few times more must sell away liao..

lbt
thanks for the info on cereal and vapour rubs. i just bought the rubs, smell like the hudsons sweets i used to eat when i was a teen.
happy.gif

no time to read thru yet but another quickie post:

mummies who wanna get BUMPERPLAYMATS, smallsmallworld is doing the next spree now!

=)

hi mummies, just to check, anyone knows where in sg sells annabel karmel products?
or is there any cheaper alternatives?

eheh, thinking of getting their mini blender n food cube tray...

oh ya, cayden has finally joined d bumbo seat club.. but pre-loved la.. crossing my fingers n hope tt cayden will enjoy d seat...

btw sparrows,
does ur bb swim in pte or public pools? cos heard from my colleagues tt public swim pools dun allow d use of swim diapers...
just wanna check b4 i buy any swim diapers for cayden since there's ongoing bumwear sale now.. thanks!!

cherly

who say swimming pool cannot use swim diaper ??? me and my friends and my SILs are using it for so long already. where got such rule ??? funny leh

cin_bunny
actually we brought him to the jacuzzi, the water there's alot warmer. also, when we switch on the water jets, Sebi will just go with the flow of the water. He doesn't really kick much. He's using a normal suit. I don't really know when i can start him on just his trunks. Perhaps when he's abit older. Have you started bringing Sophie to the pool?

Cheryl
We brought Sebi to a private pool. I didn't use any actual diapers on him altho I saw some swim diapers from Mothercare. The one from bumwear is like this thin plastic material that's supposed to trap his poo. But his poo is quite watery so i dun know how effective it is. The only consolation we have is that we know when he's gonna poo cos then he grunts and makes that wierd red face. Anyways, we're not in the pool that long, just about 10 min or so. Hmm, i wonder why public pools dun allow swim diapers tho.

SDChick
no one was in the room with me except for my hubby.
i have already told him to go outside to take before it was full.
but don know what he do la.
took so long.
and who knows where the LC went.
i was planning to stop pumping and wait for some1 to come in one.
and who knows again that she is just next door with the other patient.
the curtain is drawn loh.

garfield
yes they will.
the LC was teaching the lady next door how to breastfeed.
heehee.

do1nk
got L size one?

RHS
lucky, bb rachel one is behind her ear.
so cant really spot them.

cherly,
very funny.
cant use swin diapers.
but i feel that as long as the poo poo is trap inside the diaper ok what.
peepee, some ppl also pee in the pool.
why bb cant???

Back