(2008/07) July 2008

I ship to singapore thru vpostusa.

Of course we would have to pay some shipping charge from us to singapore.

Another place i m ordering this time will be drugstore (mainly for gnc gold card discount).

Oh yes ... spree open only for july mommies here hor.

bluey,

im in love with Zutano frm Babycentre but my com too slow.. Is there any sale?? Three is a spree goin one i think??

Pumping,
I also use my hand to squeeze until tired. then use mu pump medela swing

michelle, summer
really ah? bleb ah... i scared. really must poke ah? gulp :|

bluey
you very naughty. i unemployed leh. but the halloween costumes are so cute!!!!! if order now, agak how long will it take to reach ah? got photoshoot with poppy on 18 oct. you think got enough time?

doggiebb,

Thanks for the advise! Will also ask travel agent to check out the customs at bangkok.looks like i got to bring my ice box along with me..
happy.gif

cin_bunny,

where did you buy those cool sophie bunny sunglasses? Me want to get one pair for my boy.
happy.gif

Re: Milkbags,

I have yet to use milkbags to store my milk (not enuff to store) but since i am gg away without bb, have to start to store one packet a day. Looks like a lot of you using pigeon milkbags. I just ordered Laninosh milk bags to try. Anybody used these before?

PB,

yah heard MBK has plenty...
happy.gif
No worries will kia kia and look around la. thanks!

hi batgirl

my hubby ordered online from ebay..it's gymboree sunnies
happy.gif

for shopping in bangkok, mbk has quite a bit of carters
happy.gif

i hv lansinoh milk bags but still hv not used..currently, using medela.

PB,

18 Oct? No promise leh ...
U still wanna order? I scare it arrive end of the month. sometime vpost take some time to match the parcel one.
sad.gif

Bad experience of buying thing from SMH forum:
my hubby bought 1 pair of NUK teats from HJ(wei kuan) from SMH forum. she claimed that they are brand new. when my hubby collected, he didnt notice that 1 of them is a bit white with some particles, while the other one is clear. realised that when reach home. it is obvious that 1 of the teats is NOT brand new!! we sms her and request for refund, but she didnt even bother to meet up again to check, and insisted that goods sold cannot be exchanged, and claimed that it is BN. i'm very disappointed with this kind of seller.

lesson learnt: don't ever buy 2nd hand things that can put into baby's mouth, and don't ever buy thing from this seller. i'm not trying to bad-mouth that person, just to share with u mummies that must be careful when buying 2nd hand things

hi Mummies,

I have the following NEW books for sale.
Great ideas for feeding your babies.

1754527.jpg

1)Title: First Foods: Expert Advice and Easy Recipes by Dieticians for Parents of 6-24 month olds
Author(s) Samantha Thiessen, Pauline Chan, Anna Jacob, Janie Chua, Wong Yuefen

Usual Price: $27.85 , Selling: $22

1754528.jpg

2) Title : Feed Your Child Right: The First Complete Nutrition Guide for Asian Parents (Revised Edition)
Author(s) Lynn Alexander, Yeong Boon Yee

Usual Price: $37.45, Selling: $30

Bundle: $50 for both books.

Text 96510417 or PM me if interested.

Self collect.
Pick up point:
Weekdays: Outram to Serangoon MRT stations, Redhill to Clementi MRT Stations
Weekends: Punggol or Sengkang

serene

yes with cherie flavour. the packaging is in orange color.

summert

you using "mimi" pump ? ehhee yeah mimi is another name for our breasts hor ? ehhe

i also squeeze while I pump until nothing comes out. Breast Pump will not empty our breasts as effectively as baby latching.

Serene

oh btw.. thanks for your invitation but I am sending my #1 to childcare from next Mon - Wed so I gotta miss this outing.
sad.gif
post the pix here ok !

do1nk

i'm reddish too ! I love the color on my head now. And it covers all my grey hair .. think I look a bit younger now hiak hiak ...

PB,
the correct way 2 use the Pigeon milkbags

1 Open the zip of the freezer bag with cleaned hands
- do not stick your fingers into the bag, beyond the zip section

2 Cut off the header portion of the zip.
- can tear it off from the left/right

3 Hold both ends of the zip, and stretch the bag to widen it

4 While holding the zip wide opened with one hand, use the other hand to pull at the bottom of the bag to widen it.
- do not blow into the bag

5 While holding the zip wide opened with one hand, pour in your milk from a cup/bowl with a wide surface area.
- do not overfill beyond the stipulated line

6 Above the horizontal waterline of the milk, press with both hands to remove the air
- be careful not to spill any milk

7 After all the air is removed, press the ends of the zip with your finger, and slide your finger across the zip to lock it

8 Fold the zip downwards facing you, 3 times and stick the sticker where the dotted lines are. Make sure the fold doesn’t jump back.
- before pasting the sticker, write on it, the date and quantity of milk

9 After closing the bag, wipe its external surface clean of any water droplets and put it immediately into the freezer/refrigerator
- keep the bag further inside the refrigerator and not at the door pockets as the temperature will flunctuate

star_xin
wah, the pigeon milk bags instructions soooo comprehensive - thanks thanks
happy.gif

batgirl,
I hv Lansinoh milkbags but havent used yet. Looking at the design, think dun need to fold at the top, but must still squeeze out as much air as possible b4 freezing. Lie the bag on front/back for easier packing (so that the milk doesnt make the bag seng ehg) the air bubble shd be facing upwards. have a good trip to bangkok! 1st trip away fm bb yea?

Serene,
Tea party - I am on! but seems like a lot of mummies going bk to work next week hor.

re: pumping
Same same! Using Medela mini electric (summert, you named your pump 'mimi'? heh
happy.gif
) also.
Like Michelle, pump until no more squirts, massage / knead / squeeze the breast tissue, continue pumping. Repeat cycle abt 4-5x or until my hands r tired.

PB,
LC charged me $100 for 1st home visit - duration 45mins. Think cheaper if go to the hospital where they are based. Smthing like $60 for one hour, agak agak la.
BUT.... if you are scared of blocked ducts, isnt it easier to get a massage lady to massage your breasts too? Mine does [she comes fortnightly now] and so far, thk gdness, no blocked ducts. She really clears my milk pathways!

Waiwai,
Oh dear, what dishonesty... esp when it concerns stuff that goes into bb's mouth. But you are right la, pacifiers, teats and all... I am agst the idea of buying 2nd hand. Rather pay a bit more to ensure food safety for bb. Things like bedding, clothes etc can still buy online 2nd hand bcz can wash wash wash until I happy
happy.gif

cellow,
if u have shown this website earlier then i dont need to spend $ on this pumpin pal which i got from mumsfairy. hee.
http://www.mumsfairy.com/product_info.php/products_id/29 but nevertheless, this thing is very helpful. i can type and surf the net all i want whilst moo-ing.
happy.gif

pb,
congrats on getting back your account ya! no more caterpillar reporting. heh. now u are making us green with envy to be SAHM with a helper. hehe.
happy.gif

starxin,
were u the one who asked me abt my CL? did ur gf engage her in the end? no obligations, just asking only.

:: going back to work ::
i will be going back office mid oct. so sian, cannot see bb 24/7 anymore.

bluey,
will PM u if i see any nice nice stuff for my boy!
happy.gif

happy holiday mummies.

cellow,
wow, this hands free method is superb! but i'm like missysz, already bought the pumpin pal some times ago...

btw, you mummies can pump with bras on? me can't. i always pump with bare top. find the bras obstructing me. so i can't use this rubber ban method lor.. :p

hmn.. still thinking how am i going to pump topless in office.. *scratch head*

starxin,
u only pump twice a day now? then your supply still enough to meet your bb's demand or not?

i am currently pumping 3x a day. supply > demand. everyday i will have extra 200ml go into freezer. now my freezer full of my EBM, almost no space for them liao. some of them are more than 1 month old. don't intend to store them till 3 months old then throw away, what a waste.

i'm trying now to reduce to 2x only. but supply dropped alot, not enough to meet bb's daily demand. so i'm in dilemma, whether to do it 3x or 2x a day. sianz.

Happy Children's Day to all bbs and their mummies who are young at heart
happy.gif

SY
Never mind, I'll make my own order from Lucky Vitamin then. Thanks!

missysz

Have you heard any feedbacks about Pumpin' Pal's Original Handsfree Strap? I am tempting to buy.

Sonic

I pump 3 times a day. Morning before go to work and twice at office. That's all.

Cooler bag

I got Ameda cooler bag. But now I find it heavy and bulky. I am searching for cooler bag which fits into 4 bottles. Any recommendation?

Hi all,

I starting a BP on Fridge-to-go, able to get it at the price of

$44 (retail price $54) for http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/ftg_1200S.htm
$34 (retail price $42) for http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/ftg_1199.htm

Terms & Conditions
a) MOQ = 50 pcs
b) BP will close on 08/10/2008 or MOQ met, whichever earlier.
c) BP will be cancelled if the MOQ is not met.
d) Once BP is confirmed, no changes or cancellation is allowed.
e) Items will arrive in 1 week upon confirmation of BP.
f) Will not be responsible for any complaints and dissatisfaction on product issues.
g) Will not be responsible for lost packages sent via non-registered mail.
h) For other enquiries/place order, please email to [email protected]

Payment
a) Please make payment after BP is confirm. Order will be cancelled if payment is not received.
b) Payment to be made to POSB Saving 071318540
c) Items is not exchangeable nor refundable
d) Please kindly drop an email ([email protected]) after you have made the payment with your mailing address, transaction ref # and nick

Postage charges for items:
1 pc - $3.00
2 pcs – $4.00

add $2.55 for registered post.

Self collection is available @ Yishun Blk 263.

Order format:
Nick: xxx
Email Address: xxx
collection method: normal (N)/ registered (R) / self collection

Item #1
Model # : FTG-1200S
Color: black
Qty: 1
Price: S$ 44.00

Total Price: S$ 44 + $3.00 (N) = $47.00

cellow... yes, agree with u that rather pay more for food safety, told hb not to buy 2nd hand teats and etc again. the hand-free pumping is innovative! but i usually unhook my bra to pump haha

pumping
i pump 5-6 times a time then just meet demand... wah envy those who only pump 2-3 times a day ant still have extra

hello mummies,congratulations to your new borns.
you may like to start planning for your baby's education now, and get some health protection scheme such as shield plans which is essential for them. if you need recommemdatons or advise, i'll be happy to offer my help as i am an independent financial advisor i could give you some objective view on these areas. you can pm me for further discussion.

cellow,

Thanks for the tip on the laninosh bags!
happy.gif
Ya first trip away frm bb.... already feel i will miss him. When I get back from work in the evening, he will look at me teary eyed and start to coo at me....

Sonic, I use a nursing wrap to cover up while pumping. I also prefer to remove my bra to pump.
happy.gif

Star, I am using the pumping pal. Simple apparatus but it really serves me well. I can type with both hands which allows me to work and pump at the same time. If i need to massage my breasts to soften all the lumps, i can use both hands to. Last time i have to kiap the bottles with my arms, so troublesome. I give it a thumbs up!

Re: Pumping,

Wai wai, I am with you. Have to pump at least 5 times to keep up. Really envy those with plentiful supply. I have been drinking fish soup everyday, the supply did increase but it seemed to hit maximum liao....:p

Do1nk,
yap, i cut bob 2weeks after confinement
happy.gif

btw tat day u sling ur baby very pro le. me sometimes still ga lang ga pok.

Summert,
agree definitely wil have conflicts... really have to close 1 eye and master the 9th level skill of one ear in the other out...
happy.gif
and get hb to do the talking. My hb is understanding and supportive but i try not to grumble too much too.

batgirl,
im using lansinoh milk bag. so far so good no leak
happy.gif
as wat cellow said, no need to fold. seal up the bag after removing air in bag.

re: nose dirt
i bought tiny cotton buds fr guardian and "dig for gold" as taught by pd.

re: ear
i only clean the outer areas of the ear. Not to clear the ear wax in the ears as they are to protect the ears...

cellow,
wow to the website you provide.
will try this method tml when back in the office.
ahahah.
cant wait

PB
i also using pigeon storage bag.
but so far so good. only complain from god mil is that it cant be ziplock back.
every night i will put about 6 bags of FBM in the fridge to thaw. bb only need 6 oz of BM ma so if storage baggot excess can lock back for the next feed. ever since change to pigeon, excess one throw away. so wasted. as once cut open can't store liao ma.
was thinking of changing to lansinoh ones.

Medela Mini pump
not only it don empty the breast. it is also very painful loh compare to swing.
especially at the initial part. i only use the mini at work. sometime will bring swing to work then can pump both side at the same time. save time.

Bluey,

i unable to PM u think my com something wrong
i wan to get 1 pair of shoes for my gal
Grace Soft-Soled Leather Shoes
by PediPed
Item# Product Price

18580 Grace Soft-Soled Leather Shoes $29.99
Size is 12 o 18 mths

Tea Gathering,

If u guys unable to make it on next monday we choose a weekend try to gather all july mummies n of course july daddy to the gathering.
any suggestion on the dates???

sonic,
me nt enuf supply w 2 pumps per day.. but i utilising the frozen EBM now..cos going back work on Mon, den i tinking if pump 3 times a day, sure kena hit into wk hrs..which no facilities 2 facilitate..no choice lah..at least still can partial breastfeed in the long run..

missysz,
me nt sure if frenz engage de CL but i tink she got call n check..

tea gathering:
cun go tea gathering.. sob.. starting work on Mon n kena scheduled as oral examiner...

waiwai, batgirl,
seriously you gals no need to envy. cos we also have our own problems, like our breasts will be very full until wanna to burst most of the time. we also use alot of breast pads cos very prone to leaking.. then whole body very smelly... somemore prone to engorgement and don't forget BM is our blood, loose too much blood also not good for us mah. *this point makes me feel like i'm a selfish mum*

star,
the pumpin pal handsfree strap is good, i'm using it. though abit pricey but i find it worth to invest.

star xin,
ya lor, me also thinking the same, pumps 3x times sure kena working hours. I have the facility there but my colleagues + boss might not be happy if i missing from my desk for pumping. if 2x times, i can settle at home, before and after work.

i'm also thinking to use frozen EBM if 2x pumps a day not enuf. my frozen EBM can only last for maybe another month supply. by then can only do partial bf.

oh ya, just now i check my bb's ears after seeing the smelly ears posts. heng she got no smell on her ears. but hor, she got smelly head/hair leh, cos she sweats alot. her head smells good only for a while after shower. but i like her smelly head though, i refer that as 'baby smell'.. haha... bian tai mummy.

pigeon milk bags
mummies using pigeon storage bags, Isetan Katong at Parkway Parade selling it at $13.50 (usual $17.90)!

pumping
I need to pump 4-5 times a day to meet demand, seldom get to freeze any EBM at all! so i pump once b4 work, twice in office, once after dinner, and once @ midnite.

Milk Supply
My colleague told me that there will be a surge in BM supply in the 4th month. Not sure if it is true, but for that, I am so looking forward to more supply!

star, i bought the pumping pal handsfree and super shield. Tried it once but found it too hassle to assemble so am putting it up for sale. If you interested, can PM me.

Pb
Don’t have the picture when open the link leh. Anyway, that time mine also don’t have the white spot, but the milk there want to come out but no matter how hard I squeeze still don’t have, so I tried to poke it (not painful one), and the milk actually spray out.

lbt
hee yah am using “mimi” pump.. but now ms dropping liao.

Peppermint
Re mil, think I’m quite a “nan-gao” dil cos I don’t like mil to pass comments about how I handle bb or tell me what to do.

michelletan
for my #1, i did have inc in BM after 3 months. but not like huge surge lah...

sonic
hee, me also bian tai mummy. i love my bb's smell though every one say smelly..haha

re gathering
sorry can't keep up with it. when is the gathering and where?

re drugstore spree
any other mummies interested?

re reciepes
i tried to reply most mummies who PM me liao. a bit slow..

youpi
i have extra 1st teeth toothpaste without brush if u wan. got it in my last spree. let me know if u wan.

cellow, is ur massage lady good? Can PM me her charges & contact no.? She comes to ur home?

sonic, why can't u pump at ur workstation? If no partition, u can wear a nursing cover. That's what i'm doing now. As my ss is not fantastic, i really need to pump 2-3 times in office
happy.gif

Michelle, i'm looking forward to my 4th month now
happy.gif

peppermintt,

thx! Now i am waiting for my order of laninosh milkbags to come to try it out...
happy.gif

sonic,

yea..i guess so...I wouldn't want to feel like bursting or leaking all the time.... guess life is a balance..
happy.gif

RE: Pain after bf or pumpin

Anybody experience sharp, shooting pains in the breasts after bf or pumpin? May not be immrdiately after pumping or bf, but can be in between sessions...

Hi any1 use the Your Baby Can Read ! VCD or Brainy baby DVD?

Izzit useful?

Any idea how much and where to get it cheap

I have the baby einstein one fing them quite entertaining.... r the Your Baby Can Read ! VCD or Brainy baby DVD similar

oh ya for baby smelly ears
Gaundian sell those special baby cotton sticks for ear such that it will prevent u from going too deep. I brought one box to use... find it very useful...will take pic n show u guys

morning mummies

cedric's body temp is finally bk to normal aft mon vaccination. and last night he woke up jst 2x to feed instead of the crazy 4x... any tips to make him sleep thro the night?

lbt,
tried the bb whisperer mtd. still doenst work on cedric o_O

pain after pumping:
me!! sharp pains tat come on n off.. oso dun noe y... pretty scared kena infection..

sonic,
i oso tink moi EBM de most can last another mth..but no choice ya.. partial is still beta den none..

qing,
instead od wasting the breastmilk after cutting de bag..maybe can pour balance n kip in a sterilised container.. Pigeon has milk storage bottles..while Avent has the VIA cups..

SY,
Emailed you actually. Thinking of ordering from drugsore but wanted to know how to collect the stock from you.

batgirl, star xin,
I have those sharp shooting pains for a long time now. But it doesn't happen after every single session, just every now and then. So far no problems, so I just put it down to body adjustment to the milk flow bah.

Any1 got Baby Can Read dvd?

I wanna lend and compare with my Baby Can Read vcd.
I wonder if the quality is much better.

Baby Enstein is good, I got 1 set from ebay when my gal was young. I think abt SGD$70.

Baby Brainy I find quite boring.

vicks/mentholethem
i bought 'snuffle babe' cos the pharmacist say the cherry one is for older kids like 1 year old. i put it on tissue then use peg to kiap at the side of her cot last night.

star xin
thanks for the pigeon translations! but step 2 "2 Cut off the header portion of the zip.
- can tear it off from the left/right " .... must tear off?! i just seal back leh usually! REALLY AH, I'M DOING IT WRONG??! but if just fold fold and use the sticker, like that is secure meh?

michelletan
alamak i was at parkway yesterday and thought maybe should go take a look but in the end no time so didn't go. argh!! 4th month got surge? woohoo i am looking forward to it as well!!!

summer
gulp. really ah, use needle to poke? with the sharp side or the blund side (with the eye for thread). i scared :| how to sterilise needle

SY
hey i haven't receive your recipes yet! don't forget about me ok?

cellow
can intro your massage lady? i love mine but she recently got slip disc so out of action. i feel a bit lumpy sometimes (just touched my boobs in the office to make sure haha) but not sure what kind of lumps. like a bit hard under fat, but not pronounced lumps.. aiyah don't know how to describe. when press on it can be quite painful

oh so cool the hands free pumping! but i pump without bra leh so cannot
sad.gif
and i pump directly into bag for one side, and the other side into bottle. do you have a routine for cedric every night? that could help. alot of experienced mummies i know say that a hot bath helps

wai wai
aiyoh so dishonest! terrible! ya next time things that put in baby's mouth better to buy brand new

missy
aiyah no need to go green la. need to tighten belt alot
happy.gif

sonic
wow supply > demand? envy envy!

Back