(2008/06) June 2008

Tera,
I also keen on the link.

Ya, they have 5 days off per year

The school holiday range is the same as primary school holiday breaks. I find it strange cos they say no lesson but the teacher is the same, y no lesson? hmmmmmmm, I better re-ask again.
The notes that the teacher write back to me v confusing.

Feifei,
where is KP? I recall a month ago my son's bag got thomas stickers booklet. maybe that is the b'day goodies.

Tera

For gift pack, i prefer not to give food or goodies bec' some parents may not like their kids to eat goodies.

I tinking to buy from those 2 shops at OUB plaza which sell theme stuff, maybe getting mickey mouse cos my hb says is more gender general, i.e. gal and boy also like.

Are u getting for yr class only or other classes too?

ongsansg,

Yes LS is lao sai.

I just start to give the original scotts to my boy. Didn't give the orange flavour bec he is coughing n orange will cause more phelgm.

Connie

The holidays on my boy preschool usu means no lesson, i.e. parents have to take leave to take care.

thanks, mummies.
for prima deli cake - we ever ordered 3kg for 60 adults. so, you can use tis to proportion the cake weightage that you want to order.

<font color="aa00aa">Connie,
You'll need to check with the teacher how to celebrate the kid's birthday. It might be diff style for diff CC. For my ger's CC, they actually prefer the parent to be present during the celebration which is normally after their noon nap (thats their tea break period). So normally we'll take photos and video cam ourself. Teacher only help to organised the preparation and cut the cakes for the kids.

Then during my #1 first celebration at CC, i'll need to prepare the goodie for another group as the group will combine with my ger's group after their noon nap. So is better to check w the teacher.

As for the cakes, i ordered 2 kgs from prima deli princess theme. My ger's class hv 23kids, plus 2 teacher, ended up we still hv some cakes to bring back home. The teacher told me 1.5kgs will be just nice for my girls' class. So maybe mummies can use this number as a gauge when ordering the cakes.</font>

Felicia,
the last time I ask the teacher, she say just pass them the cake. Never say we can join in.

Onsansg,
Children don eat so much cake thus no need order very big.

Ellysia
Sch holiday is 1 mth lei.

<font color="aa00aa">Connie,
Maybe the CC dont allow parent to be in. Like what i mentioned, diff CC diff management. My #1 current CC even arrange all the kids to stand beside my girl for us to take pics. Then we are asked to eat the cakes together with all of them.

Btw, do you mean your kid's CC will close down during school holidays oso?</font>

The jelly cake i order is around 2.6KG. But my boy preschool is small, i tink even if add other classes maybe like 30 kids or so. Sure got surplus. But no choice cos the cake come in 1 size only. Best thing is i oso order the same for 2 separate celebrations with my IL and my parents, so sure got many leftover.

Btw i just went to OUB plaza at Raffles MRT, 3rd storey. They got sell stationery set (cartoon characters) at 2 for $1. Then got stickers also v cheap, booklets etc. If u interested can take a look there.

I ask my cc teacher before and she got ask me if i will be present.. i say not going to be present..so tat he is less distracted lor. If i am around he may be distracted.

Connie

I see, in tis case maybe they mean is no program planned.. i.e. free play.

Like got 1 morn, school got excursion then my boy didn't go. so teacher say no lesson for that morn. is just free play for him lor.

feifei, connie,

i usu order from this lady (hellobee). her BP is currently closed but i usu email her directly:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3795716.html?1272474683

the URL is this:
http://babykidworld.multiply.com

the party pack is pre-packed with 8 sets of items, complete with the bags. you will have to pack it yourself. in each bag, there will be things like an activity sheet, kaleidescope, spring, sticker and sometimes bangle with pictures of the cartoon character you chose. so far, i have bought the winnie the pooh, mickey mouse and thomas packs.

connie,
like what felicia said, check with the teacher or P, most ccs will allow the parents to cut cake with your kid. like in my case, i was told to go to the school around 11am and we will cut cake tog with our boy.
happy.gif

ellysia,
yah, i will not include any food stuff. am getting for my boy's class (he's in PG1) and the other PG class (PG2).

Tera,
TKs for the link...hmm...Maybe i shd check with the cc teacher also hor...I was told to hv e cake cutting at ard 10.30am cos they hv their lunch at 11am lor...

Ellysia,
my ger's birthday is 23rd May wor..

feifei,
sorry i can't access multiply in office. but look under party supplies. the thomas and friends party pack is RPS131. it is $16.90 for 8 bags. there are also others for dora, mickey mouse etc.

Ladies,
So sorry, been so bz the past few days.

Roxy,
Haha, u very funny leh. Itchy backside ah? Trust me, it sucks man. I suffered 7 hrs plus of contractions, still ended up kanna put on the table n chop my tummy open, double pain. Damn bo hua man...

Eve,
Haha, I agree. Give birth easier than taking care of them. U smart, 1 hr u surrender to epi. I regretted to tong for 7 hrs.

Tell u hor, my gal gave me a shock. She saw my friend's baby pic on my fb, den I told her its Didi. And she point to my tummy and said "Didi". Now I suddenly can't wait for my menses to report man, the wait is horrible. I dun wanna be pregnant!

Tinkerbelle,
Ur gal v cute.

CC schl holiday
The china teacher in the school don know about the school holiday when I ask her. Look like the center didn't have proper briefing to the teachers.

CC excussion
Like to know what food do u prepare for your kids? My boy many things don eat lei, not sure what to prepare. Last time I saw pg having bread, cake, chicken drumstick. All my boy don like.

Morning ladies..

Tera,
hehe, okie...i go in and see now ya..tks..

Ellysia,
=)..Rem that time we went on leave and we still chat via msn , and I had cravigns for mac lor..Time flies hor, 2yrs liao =).

Connie,
Hmm, so far my ger cc no excursion yet..I tink I will pack the small bread, biscuits and the small packet of vitasoy for her lor..

feifei

Ya lor yest i was tinking the same thing! and i remember yr hello kitty emote
happy.gif

Connie

ask the principal in charge will be better.

I find tat the supervisor of my boy sch also dun communicate with teachers.. so for mundane matters i will speak to teacher. For admin matters i speak to supervisor.

Recent 2 weeks when i put my boy at sch in the morn, he will cry again and want me to carry. Only when teacher coax him etc then he is distracted with other activities. I dunno is it bec' i stop telling him tat papa will pick him up after sch, or just bec of separation anxiety. Anyway i know after he kick up a fuss then later he be alright. sigh.

Then hor, now tat he is familar with teachers liao, he start to show his pattern at sch too lor. Teacher says he throw tantrum etc.

Yest his classmate call him, he is like blank face.. zzzz.. still not v good at communicating with classmate. Most funnie is he will call tis gal 'mei mei' although she is older..

come back home oso say 'meimei' to me too. haaa maybe he want a meimei.

feel very happy to learn from you mummies, especially on childcare area..i gives me some mental preparation when my bb's time to enter cc..

Ellysia,
actually, your comments about not celebrating birthday in cc cos your boy will be distracted is making me think twice.

cos today, i made the mistake of staying around the school longer than usual to talk to his teacher as i wanted to find out more on his progress in school. when he came into the school and saw me inside, he immediately wanted me to carry. then refused to let me go. i had to go with him to his classroom and then when i left the room, he was crying hysterically, just like day 1!
sad.gif
and this is despite being in school for close to 4 months liao.

so now i think if i go to school to celebrate his birthday, he will sure be very distracted.

Tera

I dun want to appear for his bday celebration at sch bec' i tink he will cry if he see me leave. Cos he probably will tink tat i go there to fetch him then how come i didn't bring him along.

Recently with my MIL op etc, his schedule is disrupted n changing. So he ored feel insecure. When he switch from half day to full day, he cry when he saw his classmate leave with the sch bus.

Yest my hb took leave, so we went to sch later than usual time. He saw some of his classmates arrive b4 him (cos usu he is the first in his class), he look insecure and not comfortable. Then cos we forget to bring along his bag, i told hb to hide when he fetch his bag back to sch later and dun let ah boy see. in case ah boy tot how come my hb didn't fetch him back.

another reason is i tink the teachers will feel more at ease without parents.

<font color="ff0000">Post-party Syndrome</font>
Some kids may become more active or restless after a party,
reason being;
1. It's out of usual schedule, during a party, they have more freedom
2. Sugar in foods, some kids may become more restless after taking high sugar foods
3. Parents were in class, they want to go back with you after the party

Kids at this age do not know what's a "party",
so a goodie bag may not be nesessary.

Just my 2 cents.
happy.gif

Tera, Ellysia,
Actually it's quite normal leh. Last time when I work in CC, alot of parents when celebrating their kids bday, they usually take half day off in e noon, den bring their kids back after the party. So no crying etc. Mayb thats something u ladies wanna consider?

The reason why they wanted to go back with u is because they already know tt after being dropped off, when they see their parents again, it is the when they are home going time, so they wanted to go home when they see their parents.

Connie,
Haha, u think she cute ah? I so stressed when I heard tt, cos some of my friends tell me children's language n six sense very zhun! And I dun intend to hav baby until 2012. So I hope she's wrong.

Ellysia,
Your boy like my gal like tt. Also tell u about younger kids. Are u planning for 2nd one now?

Lengleng,
u r right, my son took bk the goodie bag n torn them apart. Tear out the stickers and paste every where. the only thing he enjoy is the jelly. No sweet given. I kept the small stamp n pin just in case he or my ger go bite.

Tinkerbele,
y 2012? is tt a dragon yr?

Last yr when I'm pregnant wif no 2, my son sudden become sticky. SIL said he jealous cos he knew there is a bb coming.

I ask the principle today, she say they will invite parent to join n preferable arnd 330pm. so after the celebration, can bring him back. anyway, its his b'day, can let him have a break.

CC
I'm still pondering between cc or pre-nursery next yr. The CC don seem to be v good, kept seeing new children coming in mean a few drop. My boy join in Mar, only 2 months 3 more kids join this mth.

Connie,
Yah, Looking at either Dragon or Snake cos some ppl said both tiger n dragon crash with my hb n mine zodical sign, so juz dun wanna take e chance. But I think it all goes down to fate lah. If God really plan a child for me before that, I believe he has a pupose if that happens. But still, I pray I will nt be pregnant. Haha...

Ask u huh, ard how many mths den u let ur son knows a baby is on e way? Then is ur tummy bloated earlier than #1?

Tinkerbelle

no not going for 2nd one so soon.

cos actual day i took leave ored so his cele at cc is in adv so it be a normal day for him. so wont be bringing him bk early.

Tinklebelle,
Haha. how , really have bb?
TAlk abt god gift, I'm not a christian but I do think tt it is a gift especially when my chances are so slim yet can get a weddin bb n now wif 2 bb.

Even if I tell my son abt the new bb, he also don understand. When I'm peggy wif no 2, he is only 8 mths but sudden become sticky to me. all the while, he don look for me de. SIL say he can sense it. How true is it, only he know.

Ellysia,
mean no cc on the b'day since u already took a day off.

Morning ladies..

Tera,
Finally charlotte can wave byebye and give kisses at the door of the cc..hehe..my mil told me today she just step into the entrance of the cc, and charlotte say bye bye to her liao =).Then she went in with the teacher... =)...

Over the weekend i suffered blue black at my buttock when my boy kick resulting i fall on the floor with his weight on me. Then when i am putting him to bed, his head knock hard on my chin also blue black. Then yest his leg kick on my face..
sad.gif

morning ladies!

feifei,
great to hear that!
happy.gif
u feel good knowing that they are happy to go school right?

tinkerbelle,
thanks for sharing your experience as a childcare teacher.
happy.gif
yeah, i think i will do that, bring him home after the celeb since it is a friday. have already applied for leave.

btw, let us know if you are preggy. ;)

ellysia,
aiyo, hope you are ok.

my boy also headbutt me several times. he also love to kick me, while we are lying on bed. my hubby is also there but he will choose to kick me. hubby say its cos he got no reaction whereas i have. told hubby i sure will react cos my skin not as thick as his. @_@

Ellysia,
Your son actual day is on Mon rite? 31st May rite? Den when u celebrating it for him in the CC?

CHeck wif u, the lady for the jelly, does she hav cateloge to view at the samples?

Ouch ouch, nowadays our kiddos very violent. I can really understand how painful it is for u. Must try to protect ourselves from them. The other time my gal jumped on me n my lips bleeded wif blueblack n sometimes she likes to sit on my tummy n jump also. So painful.

Connie,
No lah, no baby lah. I am expecting my menses to report this wk or latest next wk. Very sian one, my menses never regular type. So always false alarm one. Haha...

Why u said ur chances are slim to get a baby leh? U know hor, I was in my Gynae's thread den alot of mummies cannot concieve after very long. Those ladies I really feel for them.

Tera,
Welcome!
happy.gif
When is your boy's bday?

Aiyoh, I hope I wun announce the news until at least 2011 Nov man. I am already overwhelmed by my gal, I cannot imagine 1 more. Although my friend said hav 1 more, den my gal will fuss over baby rather than bugging me whole day long to play wif her. But I think 2 will be another set of headache liao, cos I see some friends with 2 or more kids always fighting n my friend had to scold them to stop.

hi, here's wishing a great Happy Birthday to your bb and with Good Health always. cheers.

Ellysia, you take care. let your son know, it's wrong to hit mummy..mine oso being too playful-thrash around on the mattress and hit both my eyes and nose all the time..sometimes even bite me when i brush her teeth with sterile gauze.

Tinklerbelle,
HaHa, My menese irregular. Sometimes once every 2 mths, sometime twice per mth type. This type very hard to calculate the fertile period. Chances already reduced. Furthermore, my hb only in S'pore from Sat to Mon. Thus chances are even slimmer.

Have 2nd one is good, although they will quarrel but they can b v close too since age gap is closed. Imagine after 5 yrs and u get another bb, the cycle start again. There will b no freedom for us. Now at least they can share all the stuff so save $$.

My gal is also wearing my son cloths etc. People do thought she is a boy since she is botak. hee hee. Now still wonder can she wear brother's shoe after she turn 1. She will have to use brother bicycle, toys car etc. All in blue.

Hey, long time no see. Hehe. Lil zuen is turning two next wed.
happy.gif

June holidays are coming. Anybody knows of any jun holiday program? I think my maid n girl will rot at home without school.

Connie,
working wor. Login using iPhone. See until I gong gong. Lol. Duno gender yet. Gg for my appt tis evening. Today am 15weeks 3 days. Hehe.

Connie

Yup my menses reported since my boy turn 8 months old. It is sometimes irregular due to bf, sometimes is 40 days cycle, sometimes normal cycle.

My boy been rough b4 attending CC, always roll around on bed then knock here and there one. Now also impatient too.

Tinkerbelle

Yes u email her for the catalog. Price is standard.

My colleague just order and CC teachers say v nice.

Tera

My blue black is still there but behind buttock i can't see how bad it is.

Now i tink more prone to injuries cos body not as strong as before le.

Ellysia,
Oh, mine not reported yet.

My boy just hit his head on the flr last nite when he was climbing on the bike. Tip of the head touch the flr first. He cry for longer time this round, I guess must b v painful. Usually don cry for long if he fall down n bleed.

He love to hang onto the bar at playground nowaday. Don know y. He almost scared my brother off, he quickly tried holding on to him while he hold on to the bar. The bar and the floor was like 1.5m apart. My boy was laughing away enjoying himself.

Zuen,
Times fly v fast. U can ask the pd tonite liao. Howis the bb movement? frequent or less ? I read if movement frequent tend to be a gal. boy seldom move.

Back