(2008/06) June 2008

just to share....my hb cousin gave birth to a boy 4mths ago....c-sect coz bb head still upward....and the bb weight is abt 3.9kg and now 4 mths he already reaches 9kg wo....huge bb...

tera/cupid/cactus
just hope u all can give normal delivery w/o epi....

my these preggy i felt different fr my last 2 pregg....here pain there pain....easily get tired.....hope i have smooth pregnancy throughout....

tera, babycupid, cactus.. dont forget about me.. i oso trying to psycho myself that i can make it..;p

tinyfeet, baby oso got anterior or posterior ah? i got an anterior placenta so wonder will bb be anterior or posterior...

cactus,
Okie, thanks! Have told my hubby before but I will remind him again.
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

Me just tried packing my hospital bag also. Haiz, I realized I don't have so many things. I need to buy PJs. Ask u ladies hor, anyone have any idea many breast pads should we pack in?

Ellysia,

I brought from KKH the Kotex Loop 20 pieces. My friend gave me Madamane Brand one, 1 big pack. Now I think I having extras also since hospital will provide a pack. But dunno how much I'll use. Wondering if I should give away now...

u know wat cactus....fr my 1st delivery...hb already told me not to use epi....alamak...but felt happy though after all the deliveries he appreciates me for my braveness and thanks to me so much.....

ioio
huh... i duno leh. Placenta still got anterior, posterior too.. chim..
Yeah, me too, going super natural birth w/o epi or anythg if possible.

Thanks, Danryan!

ioio, never forget about you lah. just that you were so quiet.. didn't realise you were reading the thread now mah!!
happy.gif
I came across an internet article about location of placenta and fetal positioning but can't recall what it said already. My placenta is posterior.. if I can find that article, I'll post it on this thread.

You guys are making me gan cheong already. 37 wk for me is on 12th May that week. I haven even pack my hospital bag and applied my ML on wk 38...

feifei.. u got any ideas whether will hospital provides us the belt when teach us how to use the loop maternity pad..

kelcqi, u noe how to use the loop?

Tera, ha ha.. give all 5!

ioio
i used to wear the loop type after my deliveries....but hor i didn't use the string leh...just put and wear hehehehe.....anyone know

Dan, u're lucky to have supportive hb. My hb initially told me to take epidural and avoid c-section can already. But after talking to him, now he's on the same page as me.. try to avoid epidural too. :p

TF, join the club, gal!! That makes the 5 of us now! Cool!

ioio, from the link I provided above, "Sometimes a low anterior placenta can be the reason why baby is posterior."Is your placenta low?

cactus
my placenta is low i guess so...always feel the pain right below while walking....on top of my tummy (below breast) now is like so soft and empty like dat....

thanks Danryan.. hope all the mummies here will hv smooth delivery.. ;p

cactus.. tks for the info, me not worrying.. as we are all consider veri lucky compared to older days, techno is so advance, any complications will oso be solved or detected earlier.. so no worries n be happy... ;p

Danryan, I think at the next scan, your doctor can tell you whether your placenta is low.
happy.gif
as long as it is above bb's head, it is not considered low.

ioio, good attitude that you have. Yes! We are all very lucky already.. compared to our grandparents' time. My hb was telling me these days 90% of births don't even require doctors... haha! I personally think the percentage ought to be higher.

Felicia, can you explain why you can't take epidural if you are VBAC?

Just sharing, my SIL is opting for c-section for her #2 cos her #1 was emerg c-section. I think you are very brave to try for VB! Well done gal!

ok...dats sound better cactus...will ask doc abt it.

so girls going to log off.....hb fetching me today now already at carpark...

take care all of u....Lavender street dark already.

cactus.. mine is anterior placenta.. tt's mean my placenta is at the front and not at the back... my placenta is low at early 20+ week but have moved to the top at ard 24 weeks so it's not low anterior low placenta.. just that it's in front instead of at the back ;p

TF, yes. he didn't want me to go through pain.that's why he told me although he will support my decision to go w/o epidural, he won't blame me if I turn to epidural during labour. But he also said he won't let me take epidural too early cos he worries about emerg c-section and he wants me to avoid c-section at all costs. He did say he'll be monitoring the epidural very closely in the event I do opt for it.

Cactus,

Initially i dint know if i opt for VBAC i cannot take epi, but then Veniz whom is oso trying VBAC told me that.
Then i did a check with my gynae and he told me for VBAC, are not encourage to take epi coz if our old wound is tearing inside, we might not be able to realised if we take epi. Anyhow, i oredy make up my decision i must try vaginal birth unless bb wont co-operate.

Actually i got lot of dissapprove look/ opinion when i told them i'm goin to try vaginal birth, but luckily my hubby is supportive on my decision.

Just a question Felicia,

If your old wound tears insdie (touch wood), how will it help if you dun have epidural? If it tears = you'll know cos have pain, does that mean immediately GA to take out bb via c-section?

cactus, yup.. i read about that too... hv been telling e little one to help to move the placenta up... now have to ask him to turn the right way.. ha ha...

cactus,

You're right!
The reason for not taking epi, is want us to realised the pain of the tearing, coz our gynae wont know if it was tearing inside.
Then had to emergency c-sec liao!

Felicia, I think u r very very brave... no kidding. I hope things go well for you and Veniz.

Just a thought... maybe you want to talk to your doctor, see if he can accomodate your hb being with you in OT if really have to GA (touch wood!!)

It's a thought that I had.. cos I don't plan to take epidural but if bb in distress and immediately need to take him out, I will have no choice but to have emerg c-section under GA, cos that's the quickest way to give painrelief (epidural takes time to set and get the medication going). Usually if emerg c-section under GA, hbs not allowed in OT but I think it means alot to fathers to see the birth of their child and for us mothers to know we are not helpless (unconsious) during the birth of our child with no relative next to us. I believe diff hospitals/doctors have different attitudes towards having hbs in OT during emerg c-section under GA.

cactus,

I really dont like goin for c-sec. My 1st c-sec was due to low lying placenta and i was very very dissappointed. Plus i opt for epidural (half body numb, cant remember wat exactly is called), and it failed, ended up i had to be anaesthetic.
Not able to see baby born process was a dissappointment for me again.

hmm.. if 37 wks.. it will be 16 may.. cant imagine tat!i still hope to be june bb.. anytime 1 to 7 june.. best is 2 june.. my hubby birdday.. kekeke..

Felicia, maybe you opted for spinal block/epidural last time? So you were under GA last time?

Don't let past memories haunt you. know that every birth is different. so is every pregnancy. as you put it, your 1st preg was low lying placenta. it doesn't mean this time, it will be the same again. actually, you'd have known by known whether low lying right?!

Now I understand why you opt for VBAC. I would do the same if I were you. I think your hb is very ver ybrave too.

cactus,

ya, maybe i shld talk to my gynae on your suggestion if i really need to be emergency c-sec, coz my hubby really hope to see birth of child as well.
He was been asked to left OT when my epidural failed, he was disappointed.
Thanks for suggesting to me.

Felicia, just to share. a concern doctors have is if hb takes a long time to scrub up and wear surgical gown (so as not to contaminate the sterile field in OT), doctors rather hbs be left out of OT if the mother needs c-section under GA. Maybe can you see if you can come to a compromise with your doctor to increase the chances of your hb witnessing the birth of your #2.

cactus,

My placenta is not low at current moment. *heng ah!*
Since preggie, whenever doc scan on me, i keep asking where is my placenta. During my detail scan, when the sonographer told me my placenta is at average and said that i can opt for normal delivery, i was so happy.

cactus,

Thanks for sharing! Coz i had been thinking is compulsory for hubby to left OT if wife is under GA. Now, maybe i can try to talked to my gynae.

ioio,

I think i know how to use e loop one bah. I got the loop one cos I dunno where I saw this thread whereby they were mentioning better to get loop cos no plastic there, all cotton, so more comfy down there esp if have natural birth. Not sure if it's true.

But my friend told me just gave birth few mths ago told me loop is indeed better, cheaper and more comfy... She bot 1 big bag of sanitary pad, ended up nv use, got her hubby to go NTUC to buy the loop one for her.

Feli & Catcus,
Yup my #1 oso csec. then #2 if VBAC gynae oso say cannot take epi. but another frd of mine gynae allow her to take epi even trying VBAC, so i guess diff gynae got diff approach.

btw, now sometimes i feel my previous csect area got sharp pain
sad.gif
i think the healed wound is being stretched bcos bb growing bigger. very scare of going thru csec again...

Hi ladies, I was also searching thru the web and found out more on the optimal fetus positioning. Also saw the bellybelly.com link provided by Cactus. It's really useful. Guess that's why some have shorter deliveries timing than others. Most importantly, hope we will all have a smooth delivery!

Cactus, I also hope to go natural w/o Epi! Must remember my breathing techniques man! Now also trying to swim more often as the website says will help baby to position better.

Back fm Giant Tampines n finally got the disposable panties n nighties. I bought the Impression ones. 5pcs for $4.50. It states "For Expectant Mother" and no size indicated. I guess it's ONE SIZE only yah?

Went to see the Karmy nighties but feel that the buttons aren't that many. Saw another brand called "Beauty" with more buttons. So got that instead.Abt $14.50 a piece.

Finally settled these 2 things liao. =) Nitez...

Hi gers,
Good morning. I bet I am the only one logged on at this unearthly hour on a Sat rainy morning.. -.o" Bo bian, came into office earlier today cos hb needs to be in the office early today. Zzzz..

Felicia,
How was the check-up? Hopefully your bb has grown big and strong.
happy.gif

Morning ZuEn,

My baby is currently at 1581gm @wk30, my gynae said is average, i'm quite happy coz is more than i expected. And i had gained 4.4kg, the highest gain for this pregnancy and total oredy reached 6.4kg fr pre-preggie weight.
So, at least my effort does not go into waste.

According to gynae, my baby head had gone down and she's facing sideway. So if bb maintain at this position, high chance can opt for natural.

morning girls, im very sad since yesterday. As my dog of 13 years, passed away in the afternoon yesterday.......send her for cremation with a heavy heart. Decided to place her at the columbrian (i thk i spell wrongly)

She was staying at my parents' house. Didn't see her for 3 weeks and was gg to visit her this sunday. Ive even plan to bring her back to stay with me after my confinement, but she is gone now.......

I thk she died of heart attack, bcos her mouth was open and tougue (turn black) slightly stuck out. The saddest part is, her eyes were not close.......we tried to make them close, but she refuse........

Back