(2008/06) June 2008

Hi noscon,

oh, me too. bery small drop.. its brown in color.. worry.. n i went to the gynae in the evening.. i was told that its unstable.. and gave me hormones to stablise it..

Fudgy,

Hopefully no problem.. so worried..

Littlemini2,

I went to Dr Adrian too.. i waited for 1hr plus!! super long Q.. god..

Hi, Kylene

Dun think abt it & be happy :0) just completely stop any exercises fm now on and remember not to take alcohol at all. Start taking folic acid if you havent started. I was taking 5mg of folic acid before I got preggy, when I called e nurse of e gynae to make appt, she advise me to take 2 times a day of folic acid since I am now preggy. :0)

BabyCupid,

Pls do continue to monitor. As long as it does not get heavy it shld be fine. Cheer up! :0)

Hi Fudgy, you're right. i 'll try not to think about it. I've started taking 5mg of folic acid about a month ago. Planning to see my gyne mid Oct 2007

BabyCupid,

The gynae also prescribe me with Duphaston when I was spotting in my previous pregnancy.

Kylene,

Envy u! I still need to wait for Nov to come. :0) Hopefully at 7 wks, I shld be able to see baby's heartbeat by then.

Hi, BabyCupid

Yes, the one in feb. Duphaston is a very common medication for spotting prescribe by gynaes. Gynae told me actually some MTB have spotting throughtout their whole pregnancy but yet still manage to carry through 9 mths so not to worry. Just remember as long as the spotting does not turn heavy and red in colour, u r totally fine.

BabyCupid,

Yes this is my 1st :0) I am 33 this year. Not young anymore :0) I just got marry late last yr, got pregnant 3 mths after, but guess it was not meant to be then. :0)

oh ok.. so hw many wks already? ya.. sometimes i oso think it kind of fated.. when time to have.. you will have it..

I am in my 4th week now. :0) how many wks r u & which gynae? I noticed alot of MTB go to TMC but it's too far for me since I reside in e west leh.

babycupid and fudgy

when did u see a gynae to take e med for hormones/spotting?

im actually quite afraid of chemical pregnancies which is supposedly quite common

Hi All mummies, and to be mums, I am new here. I just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant yesterday and will be consulting my gynae next Friday. I am very excited about this pregnancy although this is my 2nd one. EDD should be around mid June 2008

Fudgy,

Icic.. me tot is 5wks to 6wks but found out not.. its abt 4wk+ cos i ovulate in sept i tink.. so when i did the tummy scan, unable to see and only see it thru V scan..

Noscon,
i went to Dr Adrian in Sengkang.. Just told him i have light spotting.. so he gif me hormones pills to stablise it..

gals...i hv change my appt again, from next mon to tml, bring forward...cos im feeling dizzy and almost faint in the train last evening when gg home, so friends ask me mai tu liao, faster go and look for Dr Adrian, so i call up and change my appt to tml morning...hee

Hi, noscon

I was in my 6th wk the last time when spotting started so went to see gynae for med. Dun worry, as long as yrs is very light spotting, u r ok :0) I remember when I went to see gynae urgently for my spotting e last time, e nurse say I gotta wait bcos actually 4 of e female customers also hv spotting & r waiting for their turn. Spotting has been quite common liao lor. Just need to monitor.

Hi, Veniz

Welcome in & Congrats to u! :0) I am 4 wks preggy too so my EDD is in mid Jun also.

Hi, BabyCupid

So yr EDD shld be around mid Jun also since 4 wks liao?

Wow, seems like a lot of mummies seeing Dr Adrian in CCK. I used to stay in CCK and my first gynae was I think Dr Chiang from Edinburgh Clinic nearby. But I did not like her as she gave me the feeling that she is impatient and does not like to repeat her explanation when I did not understand. I will be going to Dr Lim Tech Chye from Tow Yung Clinic and will choose to deliver at TMC like most of you.

littlemini2, i went sengkang outlet.. cos i stay in sengkang.. actually i goin for female gynae.. but yd emergency.. saw spotting so jus go somewhere nearby.. but i heard abt Dr Adrian.. he is quite ok.. but he toks bery fast.. kekeke..

Fudgy, aiyo.. so many spotting.. i emailed a female gynae which i intend to go.. she said light spotting is common.. ask me not to worry.. but she said if i spotting today again.. better to go for a check..

Fudgy, yup.. shld be in mid of june.. Dr Adrian did not tell me the EDD.. i forgot to ask oso cos too worried liao.. haha.. he told me still bery small.. and ask me to go back 2 wks ltr.. 23 oct.. hopefully everything gona be alrite..

littlemini2, i am seeing him at the sengkang branch.

babycupid, dr adrian really tok very fast! i also forget to ask him bb how many weeks liao, when's the edd... so i asked the nurse. my fren who is seeing him at cck told me to write down all my questions and pass it to him! hahah! like that i wun miss out any questions and he gotta answer all of them! oh.. dr adrian also gave me duphaston when i saw him on monday. But i told him i got no cramp or spotting leh.. he said it's for the bb.

mei, haha.. ya lor.. when he tok i trying bery hard to listen.. den he jus pop u a question.. 'any question u wanna ask me?' den i arrrr.. ehhh.. no leh.. haha.. oh.. no spotting or cramp oso gif u duphaston ar.. did he managed to scan ur bb thru tummy? mine only can see using V scan

Hello to all, congrats! I don't have any preggy symptoms so sometimes I forget that I;m preggy. haha

Fudgy I also live in the west, so I also think TMC is very far. so i haven't decided where to deliver yet.

gals

where does dr adrian deliver? is location the main factor u chose him?

I know of a female gynae who see patients every monday night only in teck whye and the rest of the time in TMC - Dr Caroline Khi. Very soft spoken and a mother herself

Another one is Dr Douglas Ong in Ten miles junction near Bt Panjang. Anyone can comment on him?

Both of them are in the west near to Dr Adrian for those MTBs staying in the west
happy.gif

fudgy

i see... so which gynae are u seeing? same one as yr previous pregnancy?

babycupid
thanks.

kylene
good for u.... it will be easier on the mother if u dun have so many symptoms...

MTBs
Anyone has a list of what food to eat and avoid for pregnancy?

Hi gals,

Went to the gynae yesterday. I am in my 5th week plus now.

I would like to join this thread so that I can learn some pregnancy tips from you gals.

My gynae advises not to eat soft cheese, e.g Laughing Cow triangle-shaped cheese. Also, not to take Chinese medicine herbs. Fruits with Vit A, e.g. papaya, tomato must not eat too much. Can turn our skin yellow.

Veniz, we share the same gynae. Met him for the 1st time yesterday. A very nice person.

Hi, BabyCupid

The nurse told me duphaston is also use to "bu" the baby, so I presumed no spotting also can eat. Yr female gynae so gd, u still can email her for queries. I wish I cld for mine.

Hi, Kylene

Like u, I dun hv any preggy symptoms too, except I am having yeast infection now. Sian! I heard preggy ladies r very prone to infection. am gg to see a GP today since gynae cant see me till Nov sigh..

Hi, noscon

Me seeing Dr Kek of Mount E. Yes it's e same gynae as my previous. I just know a few things that we shouldnt eat is pineapple, Japanese rare fish & my fav sausage :0( oh oh & no more coke light for me for 9 mths.

thanks kylene

red ruby
I'm taking chinese herbs leh.. cos i got pregnant via taking chinese herbs and now taking "an tai" chinese med now... did yr gynae says what chinese herbs exactly and why

thanks for the other info.

I know we cant take caffeine, pineapple. no lifting of heavy stuff, no fast walking and rest rest rest....
happy.gif
Not enough rest can also result in mc according to my sis-in-law's gynae...

noscon,

you know u reminded me of how I actually got my spotting my precious time. I was doing fast walking in e park cos I used to jog so thought was ok. But after e fast walk, I bleed then later got worst. Well, I learn my lesson. Thanks for yr advise. :0)

Hi, Cheryl

how many weeks are you now? u r a very familiar name to me since I have been following the "Trying to Conceive" thread since Mar this yr. The thread has been really quiet now.

Hi noscon,

I thot the thinkings of Western docs and Chinese sinseh always clash so i din dare to ask him why cannot take. But i remember reading somewhere which says chinese herbs may contain some insect parts or hv some level of mercury. Hence, better to avoid them. I already took 4 packs for the last 2 weeks. Still hv 2 more packs haven't brew yet. Will be throwing them away. Not cheap leh, $70+ for 2 packs.

Hi Fudgy,

Dun do fast walking. Gynae said we can brisk walk for 30 mins, swim or cycle on stationery bike. I am thinking if window-shop for 30mins considered as brisk walking!!!

Just to check with you gals.
Is that week of your last period considered as Week 1? I not very sure if I am in my 5th or 6th week now. Forgot to ask my gynae yesterday cos it was my 1st visit to the gynae. Too happy and at the same time, confused. I remembered he said 5 weeks something, something. Not sure if it is 5 weeks plus....

Hi ladies, i agreed that we cant walk too fast.. cos my walking pace is bery fast.. especially when rushing for time.. on tues.. i have class at nite and i rushing to it.. so i walk bery fast.. den when i reach my sch and went to the toilet i discover spotting so went to see the gynae on tat evening.. so gynae mentioned we mus not walk too fast.. so now i walk beryyyyyyyyyyyy the SLOW! kekeke..

Hi all, is it ok to take birds' nest? most of the website talk about common food but can't find any that mention birds' nest

Cheryl,

Ai yooo nothing to scared. I believe by the time u r in e labour ward, u will be too excited to see e arrival of yr little precious one liao :0)

Red Ruby,

Yes! E wk of yr last period is considered as 1st wk starting fm day 1 of yr last period. wah! tt's a gd idea leh, window shopping for exercise. haaaaaa.. In fact, i was doing aqua aerobics when preggy so I think I shld be able to continue. heee

gals...i just went to see Dr Adrian this morning...scan but cant see anything yet, only saw the water bag...haha...Dr say still very small, can't see, ask me to go back next wk to see him again and than maybe can hear bb heartbeat liao....he also gv me duphaston, its a kind of hormones to help bb growing, must eat 3 times per day...and as usual other med...he realli tok very fast and we hv to think of wat qns to ask him...haha...

littlemini2, hahaha.. ya man.. he toks bery fast.. mine too.. only see water bag.. did u see thru tummy scan or V scan? Did he tell u hw old is ur bb?

i think dr adrian dun have V scan machine at CCK. cos when i just preg, he scan nth thru tummy. and he din do v scan at all...

cheryl, ohh.. den how? return again? still charge as norm? cos for mine is tummy scan den cant see.. v scan able to see.. but only 1 time charge - ultrasound

Back